Amount

LaPorte Caves

07 Dec 2016 09:05 #51597 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic LaPorte Caves
Very nice work, although from your descriptions I always imagined Ruth being much larger at the shoulders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2016 11:45 #51599 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic LaPorte Caves

circes_cup wrote: NSFW the scene at the Waterfall (Prologue)

Warning: Spoiler!

There are hours upon hours of work in that shot. I'm learning a ton just looking at it.

Lowerbase is a master, but he's gone all out on this :).

More
07 Dec 2016 16:40 #51601 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic LaPorte Caves

Woodclaw wrote: Very nice work, although from your descriptions I always imagined Ruth being much larger at the shoulders.

Admittedly, there are some differences between the literal descriptions in the text and the way these bodies are rendered. But some artistic license is necessary with this story.

Specifically, there are two problems with a literal rendering of my text. First, it's easy to fall into "shrunken head syndrome", where the body's musculature begins to dwarf the head and the hands, which do not grow. Secondly, it's very hard to render clothing on these bodies generally, and it gets harder the more extreme the curves get. We didn't want to be in a situation where a simple t-shirt began to look like a sack full of potatoes. In summary, these women are supposed to be built and beautiful at the same time: maintaining proportionality and looking good in clothes can certainly be part of that balance.

I don't mean to suggest that Lowerbase has landed upon the only way to render the figures. For that matter, Twitch99 took a much more literal approach, which I also really really enjoyed. But I consider Lowerbase's choices to be valid as well. I signed off on these choices at an early stage and am thrilled to have his contributions.

More
07 Dec 2016 16:47 #51602 by circes_cup

AuGoose wrote: There are hours upon hours of work in that shot. I'm learning a ton just looking at it.

Lowerbase is a master, but he's gone all out on this :).

Yes, these scenes took a great deal of effort (and processing time) for Lowerbase, and the results show. This waterfall image is one of my favorites because it captures the transitions going on in her own mind-- the growing confidence, the playfulness that wasn't there before. It brought the scene to life for me in a new way.

More
07 Dec 2016 17:46 #51605 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic LaPorte Caves
I have to admit, I'm not usually a fan of accompanying pics, as I think it often takes away from the story and taints the mind's eye with forcing images down your throat. However......

In this case, I'll make a huge exception!!! WOW! Any image of Julia/Mindy/Ruth in my imagination, has quickly been replaced by Lowerbase's images! I fell in love with the one of Mindy especially! Incredible work! And the scenes of "pre-nourishment" Julia are amazing as well. The sheer detail and rendering is quite remarkable.

Thanks to you and Lowerbase for sharing his work!

ElF

More
07 Dec 2016 21:28 #51610 by Woodclaw

circes_cup wrote:

Woodclaw wrote: Very nice work, although from your descriptions I always imagined Ruth being much larger at the shoulders.

Admittedly, there are some differences between the literal descriptions in the text and the way these bodies are rendered. But some artistic license is necessary with this story.

Specifically, there are two problems with a literal rendering of my text. First, it's easy to fall into "shrunken head syndrome", where the body's musculature begins to dwarf the head and the hands, which do not grow. Secondly, it's very hard to render clothing on these bodies generally, and it gets harder the more extreme the curves get. We didn't want to be in a situation where a simple t-shirt began to look like a sack full of potatoes. In summary, these women are supposed to be built and beautiful at the same time: maintaining proportionality and looking good in clothes can certainly be part of that balance.

I don't mean to suggest that Lowerbase has landed upon the only way to render the figures. For that matter, Twitch99 took a much more literal approach, which I also really really enjoyed. But I consider Lowerbase's choices to be valid as well. I signed off on these choices at an early stage and am thrilled to have his contributions.

I can't comment on the clothes problem, but I always assumed that your ladies were "harmoniously gigantic", meaning that their heads and extremities were scaled up -- to a point -- with the rest of their bodies.

More
07 Dec 2016 22:08 #51612 by twitch99
Replied by twitch99 on topic LaPorte Caves

circes_cup wrote:

I can only say WOW!! to the images that lowerbase has made, his skill is amazing. I look forward to more of his renders, his stuff is incredible.

I can attest to the clothing problem that circes mentions, I dabble in 3D art using DAZ3D, and most of my women tend to be very large and getting clothing to fit my amazons is always a problem. As for the shrunken head issue, DAZ3D does allow the head to be scaled up, but getting the head and body proportions to look good is not always easy.

I have a few images of Julia that I made and will post them on my deviant art page, twitch99.deviantart.com. I do not have close to the skill and mastery of lowerbase, so I will not be posting them here.

Look forward to more images and chapters.

Thanks for all your effort circes.

Cheers,

twitch
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monty

More
08 Dec 2016 02:00 - 08 Dec 2016 02:01 #51618 by circes_cup

twitch99 wrote: I have a few images of Julia that I made and will post them on my deviant art page, twitch99.deviantart.com. I do not have close to the skill and mastery of lowerbase, so I will not be posting them here.

While I share your admiration of Lowerbase, I wouldn't let that serve as an impediment to posting your own material here. I really enjoyed your beach shots and would enjoy seeing more!

SWM has always been intended to be a "big tent", where lots of different angles on uberness are shared. If you decline to post something because you're not thrilled about it, that's your call. But please don't let comparisons to other artists become an obstacle to putting your own material out there. If I had given in to such comparisons, there wouldn't be a story to begin with. :)
Last edit: 08 Dec 2016 02:01 by circes_cup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, IBP, Monty, AuGoose, twitch99, Ljin

More
08 Dec 2016 07:58 #51626 by Ljin
Replied by Ljin on topic LaPorte Caves
Amazing arts! Thank you so much for sharing. And so happy to hear there are more chapters to come.

By the way, in my mind, I picture their bodies close to this. (NSFW)
The following user(s) said Thank You: circes_cup, IBP

More
15 Dec 2016 18:53 - 15 Dec 2016 19:38 #51742 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic LaPorte Caves
Back in Kentucky, Julia was at a halloween party being hit on by a fellow party-goer.
"Nice costume, but you don't look that super."
Julia smiled, she liked her newly toned figure after de-sizing from the Nourishment...

"Oh, really?" as she reached for an empty pint glass on the table and a glassful of some of her 100 gallon stash she'd carried through the caves with Howard tucked under her other arm. GlugGlugSlurpGlugSlurp as her admirer looked on confused..
"You can try some if you want but I doubt it will do much for YOU"

RRRRRIIIIPPPPP!!!!!....."Well, what do you think now?"

'erm....gulp'

Howard looked on with his hand raised to his face shaking his head "oh no! Not again!"

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 15 Dec 2016 19:38 by Monty.

More
16 Dec 2016 15:29 - 16 Dec 2016 15:58 #51757 by IBP
Replied by IBP on topic LaPorte Caves
Bravo to all! Three cheers each to Circes_Cup, Lowerbase and Twitch! Wait a tic... *checks watch as it's been more than a week. Well we'll give Circes a cheer in advance.
Woodclaw ~ I would like to throw my hat in the ring for keeping the images out of the main text of the story, maybe in a linked appendix or gallery. These images are FANTASTIC but the power of the mind is strong and I take pride in being able to imagine with the best of them, so when I run across someone else's vision smack dab in the middle of mine it's a bit perturbing. I have to close my eyes sometimes. This has been especially problematic on the S.W.R. series. So many differing visions, none of them living up to the unparalleled splendor of agent Wendy that dwells in my occipital lobe.
So it is with this story as well. Lowerbase, I know your real name you crazy fuck, and you have been a top notch contributor of female growth content and fantasy on par with the absolute best. Top 10 probably. Is he reading this? From sunny Brazil? (I think...) Anyways I'm glad to see he's writing stories again and obviously has been working on his rendering skills. All of those pre-transformation shots are AMA. ZING. and are works of art. They fit perfectly with the story and I think the face is pretty nice for Julia. In terms of the "After" photos I suppose every female muscle fan has their individual ideal that they like to imagine, and I must admit I sometimes mentally tailor the dimensions and numbers in Circe's stories to fit my own ideals but my basic deviations are in size and mass, maybe thickness and roundness? I have read way too many muscle growth stories over the years.
However, one of the benefits of illustrations, if done well, is that they can skip one or two layers of neurons and hit on a more visceral level. I prefer to read the story on my own terms, and then also visit the images on my own terms. I apply my own images when reading the story, then when looking at the images apply my interpretation of the story. Alan Moore had a good description of it in "writing for comics," where you dwell in the image and imagine it going forward and backwards, extending in time. He described renaissance paintings in the same way but I suppose for Alan Moore Superman and Madonna are interchangeable.
This is how I do it. It's not for everyone. Maybe if you just put links in the story instead of formatting in the whole image you could get the best of both?
Speaking of which there are multiple illustrations by different artists for the same story, so what do you do when they overlap? It's disconcerting to stuff so many visions in one spot, the occipital lobe is not a commercial kitchen. Twitch, your illustrations of Julia the mermaid are super nice, and I love the confidence and poise you've given her. I never would have pictured her as so tan but then again that's what the rest of my message is about! You've given her a great roundness and fullness and that tail is realistic! I imagined it as more of a piece of sporting equipment so there you go!
Circes! Where's that update?! Ha ha ha ha...... *twitches nervously
Last edit: 16 Dec 2016 15:58 by IBP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sam+Norton

More
16 Dec 2016 15:37 - 16 Dec 2016 15:39 #51759 by IBP

Ljin wrote: Amazing arts! Thank you so much for sharing. And so happy to hear there are more chapters to come.

By the way, in my mind, I picture their bodies close to this. (NSFW)

Jebriodo of course. One of the best and that character is amazing, the teenage valkyrie. I forget her name. This is also much closer to how I imagine the characters.
Hey let's start a kickstarter campaign to get Jeb to illustrate the entire story! HA HA H AHA
Last edit: 16 Dec 2016 15:39 by IBP.

More
16 Dec 2016 15:48 - 16 Dec 2016 15:56 #51760 by IBP

This image is hidden for guests.

Lanthid the Teutonic Teen. Ha ha ha yesss what an amazing vision of power. His pictures of her are so good. For the record my vision of the womanly mass in Circes world is not quite THIS extreme but my it's a compelling argument.

Link
Last edit: 16 Dec 2016 15:56 by IBP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sam+Norton

More
16 Dec 2016 16:04 #51761 by Woodclaw

IBP wrote: Woodclaw ~ I would like to throw my hat in the ring for keeping the images out of the main text of the story, maybe in a linked appendix or gallery. These images are FANTASTIC but the power of the mind is strong and I take pride in being able to imagine with the best of them, so when I run across someone else's vision smack dab in the middle of mine it's a bit perturbing. I have to close my eyes sometimes. This has been especially problematic on the S.W.R. series. So many differing visions, none of them living up to the unparalleled splendor of agent Wendy that dwells in my occipital lobe.

The decision about how to insert the images (parallel to the text, interrupting the text, as links etc.) is up to circes.
Personally I prefer to include images alongside the main story, if they're interesting and if they fit the scene. I'm not a fan of random pictures just tossed in to give the story a bit of color. Still having links without the text to the relative images might be a valid alternative.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, IBP

More
16 Dec 2016 16:56 #51762 by Monty

twitch99 wrote:

circes_cup wrote:

I can only say WOW!! to the images that lowerbase has made, his skill is amazing. I look forward to more of his renders, his stuff is incredible.

I can attest to the clothing problem that circes mentions, I dabble in 3D art using DAZ3D, and most of my women tend to be very large and getting clothing to fit my amazons is always a problem. As for the shrunken head issue, DAZ3D does allow the head to be scaled up, but getting the head and body proportions to look good is not always easy.

I have a few images of Julia that I made and will post them on my deviant art page, twitch99.deviantart.com. I do not have close to the skill and mastery of lowerbase, so I will not be posting them here.

Look forward to more images and chapters.

Thanks for all your effort circes.

Cheers,

twitch

Brilliant Work Twitch! Would love to see the scene where Julia lifts and turns the drowned outboard motors with one hand whilst the men look on agawp; "That would have taken all of us all day to do what you've just done" Awesome Work Circes and Twitch!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, twitch99

More
19 Dec 2016 20:08 #51797 by circes_cup
The re-writes continue. I know what I want to say, just can't find enough time to on paper the way I want it. Sorry for the false start, as they say in track meets.

Regarding the inclusion of the pictures in the middle of the stories, I'd like to have both illustrated and non-illustrated versions available on the internet. On the illustrated version, Lowerbase might even format it entirely, meaning that fonts and text flow and background colors would be coordinated, like a story book. Moreover, if Twitch wants to generate a few more images, I'm open to having a second illustrated version as well. The more the merrier.

I feel very lucky that the story has been the subject of even a single image, set aside multiple images.

Now, to be fair, the Admins at SWM have not received any inquiries from me about posting multiple versions of the same story, so I can't presume that they are willing/able to do that. But we'll figure it out. Right now, I'm just focused on finishing the chapters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pepper, IBP, Monty, AuGoose, twitch99

More
19 Dec 2016 22:40 #51799 by Monty
Hi Circes, just a suggestion - it might be worth having the illustrated story on your DA account and the non-illustrated version on here. I'll try catch you online about a couple of photos and a short scene I have back on Earth for Julia. I did post it here earlier last week, but pulled it off the site before I could clear it fully with yourself. It's just a silly little number and only one short paragraph, but was fun to write!

More
19 Dec 2016 22:58 #51800 by Woodclaw

circes_cup wrote: Now, to be fair, the Admins at SWM have not received any inquiries from me about posting multiple versions of the same story, so I can't presume that they are willing/able to do that. But we'll figure it out. Right now, I'm just focused on finishing the chapters.

I'll have to check, but I think it's entirely possible to post multiple versions of a story having some being accessible only through a specific link. If this is doable we can keep your current version online and have the illustrated one accessible through a link at the start of each chapter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IBP

More
22 Dec 2016 17:47 #51831 by twitch99
Replied by twitch99 on topic LaPorte Caves

Monty wrote:

Brilliant Work Twitch! Would love to see the scene where Julia lifts and turns the drowned outboard motors with one hand whilst the men look on agawp; "That would have taken all of us all day to do what you've just done" Awesome Work Circes and Twitch![/quote]

Thanks Monty. Here is Julia draining the motors. A few more on my DA site. No men to awe, as I have not created any other character but Julia.

Enjoy,

twitch

Warning: NSFW

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RevTekkX, circes_cup, Monty, Sam+Norton

More
22 Dec 2016 18:37 - 22 Dec 2016 20:28 #51834 by Monty
Awesome, Twitch! Re-reading chap7 - it reads even better with your fantastic images!
Last edit: 22 Dec 2016 20:28 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: twitch99

More
24 Jan 2017 22:19 #52259 by aaaa61204
Replied by aaaa61204 on topic LaPorte Caves
Hi Circes do you have any news about the next chapter?
The following user(s) said Thank You: circes_cup

More
02 Feb 2017 08:14 #52351 by Sam+Norton
Replied by Sam+Norton on topic LaPorte Caves
Everything is alright CIrces???
The following user(s) said Thank You: circes_cup

More
04 Feb 2017 14:01 #52377 by circes_cup
It was my mistake to promise new chapters back in December. They aren't ready.

I do work on this when I am able, but that's not very often given everything going on in my life.

I try my best to keep this fun for me, since I have no other reason to do it. And even as the story grows into something longer than I had originally planned, I'm trying to keep it true to my original intentions. Those are the only promises I can make at this point. The chapters will be ready when they are ready.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, Pepper, fats, IBP, Monty, twitch99, Sam+Norton

More
05 Feb 2017 17:08 #52399 by Pepper
Replied by Pepper on topic LaPorte Caves
I guess it comes when it comes. But it's nice to know you're still around, circes.

More
05 Feb 2017 18:36 - 05 Feb 2017 19:06 #52402 by Monty
Good stuff! I remember feeling a bit of pressure when I was writing. Take your time! Enjoy the story and make it worth what you are writing! I really can't give you enough kudos for what I've read so far. ☺
Last edit: 05 Feb 2017 19:06 by Monty.

More
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds