Amount

LaPorte Caves

01 Jun 2017 05:07 #54435 by spacemonkey
Replied by spacemonkey on topic LaPorte Caves
Circes...loved the new chapters! I'm really looking forward to see how Howard and Julia grow as characters. I'm hoping they both learn a lot from the experience. I really can't help bu feel sorry for Howard; the poor guy just can't catch a break! It's like he's the world's chew-toy. I'd also like to say take your time with the rest of the story. As far as I'm concerned better to wait for a quality story than tripe...also, I think your pacing in the other chapters is spot-on.

PS. Dug up your other epic story and totally devoured it. Anybody else play "An End, Once and For All" from Mass Effect 3 during the final chapter of 'Deep Down Inside?'
The following user(s) said Thank You: circes_cup

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2017 20:36 #54462 by Pepper
Replied by Pepper on topic LaPorte Caves

circes_cup wrote: Either way, in the future, if I ever give you guys the impression that my next story is going to be yet another 30-chapter marathon, please stop me. I need to learn to write shorter stuff!

Yes, if we see this sort of thing start to happen again, we'll be sure to put a stop to it.

Yes, this is what I was going for, so I’m glad it came through. In fact, you framed it up a bit better. He’s grateful to Julia not only for how she protected him from the cold, but also how she represents protection from other women as well.

And, as you may have guessed, I believe that the line between feeling protected (or grateful) and feeling attracted is a blurry one. We certainly blur that line all the time in our own culture: why else would the hero always get the girl?

I hadn't considered that; I'll keep it in mind going forward. I might want to come back and revisit this idea once the story is finished.

spacemonkey wrote: I really can't help bu feel sorry for Howard; the poor guy just can't catch a break! It's like he's the world's chew-toy.

What an interesting way to put it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: circes_cup

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2017 17:58 #54516 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic LaPorte Caves

spacemonkey wrote: Circes...loved the new chapters! I'm really looking forward to see how Howard and Julia grow as characters. I'm hoping they both learn a lot from the experience. I really can't help bu feel sorry for Howard; the poor guy just can't catch a break! It's like he's the world's chew-toy. I'd also like to say take your time with the rest of the story. As far as I'm concerned better to wait for a quality story than tripe...also, I think your pacing in the other chapters is spot-on.

PS. Dug up your other epic story and totally devoured it. Anybody else play "An End, Once and For All" from Mass Effect 3 during the final chapter of 'Deep Down Inside?'


Really glad you liked the new chapters! Over the last few weeks, I've been mostly focused on how to clean-up/improve/fix stuff, so it's great to hear from someone who's just enjoying it. I agree that it's been a rough ride for Howard, but you can tell by the end of 24 that the story is beginning to venture into new territory.

Also glad to hear you like DDI. As my first story, it was pretty experimental and therefore controversial -- it has some huge fans, but many others that didn't get into it. But it was a huge amount of effort so I'm always glad to hear when somebody liked it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pepper, Ravens_ghost, Monty, AuGoose, twitch99

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2017 03:48 #54666 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic LaPorte Caves
For those of you that haven't been over to my DA page in a while, Lowerbase has done some really nice art on LPC that is worth checking out. Among the pieces is a series of panels showing part of Julia's transformation, and a motion of clip of Julia walking. Fantastic stuff!

circes-cup.deviantart.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076, Pepper, Ravens_ghost, lowerbase, Monty, grungykitten

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2017 09:28 #54669 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic LaPorte Caves

circes_cup wrote: For those of you that haven't been over to my DA page in a while, Lowerbase has done some really nice art on LPC that is worth checking out. Among the pieces is a series of panels showing part of Julia's transformation, and a motion of clip of Julia walking. Fantastic stuff!

circes-cup.deviantart.com


The Ruth clip is spectacular and, I have to give Lowerbase credit, the Julia transformation sequence is creepy as hell. Between the crapton of empty Nourishment jugs and her expression she really looks like someone who is heavily addicted and is about to overdose it.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)
The following user(s) said Thank You: circes_cup

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2017 17:46 - 13 Jun 2017 18:02 #54732 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic LaPore Caves
A new drink is now available in UK convenience stores. Well, convenient for the female population. Very much less so for the British male populace. I can sense a revolution approaching....

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 13 Jun 2017 18:02 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Ravens_ghost

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2017 00:43 #54742 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic LaPore Caves
That is too funny.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to steer clear of reality. In Deep Down Inside, I wrote a battle scene in Crimea because I thought it was the last place in the world we'd see a conflict. The Russians invaded two weeks later.

Thanks for sharing. It looks like a simple supermarket product, but really it's a global conspiracy to upend gender relationsh. Mango-flavored canned milk, anyone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2017 01:02 #54744 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic LaPore Caves

circes_cup wrote: That is too funny.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to steer clear of reality. In Deep Down Inside, I wrote a battle scene in Crimea because I thought it was the last place in the world we'd see a conflict. The Russians invaded two weeks later.

Thanks for sharing. It looks like a simple supermarket product, but really it's a global conspiracy to upend gender relationsh. Mango-flavored canned milk, anyone?


Either that or you're a bad luck charm ;)

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)
The following user(s) said Thank You: circes_cup

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2017 05:17 - 18 Jun 2017 09:14 #54756 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic LaPore Caves

circes_cup wrote: Mango-flavored canned milk, anyone?


Tried it at lunchtime, and threw it all up on the pavement outside the shop. There was a commotion behind me as two rather buff-looking girls walked towards the door with a couple of cans each. The shopkeeper shouted "HEY! Aren't you paying for them?"

Both girls turned and blew their sweet, Nourished breath towards the shopkeeper. I heard a SLAM into the far wall.

"Could you believe that guy behind the counter?" said one of the girls.

"I know, after all, this is OUR stuff"

It's the 'Serve Chilled' at the bottom of the can that has me worried...
Last edit: 18 Jun 2017 09:14 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: harrycane, lowerbase

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2017 07:19 #54761 by lowerbase
Replied by lowerbase on topic LaPore Caves
Hey, my sister found this product in a trip to UK

She arrived yesterday, and she brought a box of it... it tastes terrible. Made me sick.

I went to kitchen just now and found six cans of it completely empty.... should I be worried?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monty, AuGoose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2017 12:49 #54767 by twitch99
Replied by twitch99 on topic LaPore Caves

lowerbase wrote: Hey, my sister found this product in a trip to UK

She arrived yesterday, and she brought a box of it... it tastes terrible. Made me sick.

I went to kitchen just now and found six cans of it completely empty.... should I be worried?


LOL So how did you treat her growing up? Nicely or did you pick on her????? If the former, you may be OK, if the latter....................hiding may not be enough!!!

By the way, loved your renders on circes DA page. I had not looked through them all, you are very good. You can really capture more than just their physical beauty, the settings and expressions tell so much.

I agree with Woodclaw that the transformation pics are creepy, very well done.

And Ruth walking, wow!! If she walked into my life looking like that, with those moves..........words could not describe the feeling, not sure my heart could take it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lowerbase

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2017 20:29 #54783 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic LaPore Caves

lowerbase wrote: Hey, my sister found this product in a trip to UK

She arrived yesterday, and she brought a box of it... it tastes terrible. Made me sick.

I went to kitchen just now and found six cans of it completely empty.... should I be worried?



Even stranger was HOW the cans had been crushed. A crushed can should be a jaggedy, loose wad of metal the size of my fist. But these cans -- they had been neatly compacted to the size of golf balls. They were blobs of solid metal, almost spherical, apart from the parralllel indentations of my sister's fingers. I tried to deform the spheres into oval, or even to smooth out the ridges between the indentations. But I managed only to make my thumb ache. How did she do this to the cans?

And why? Everybody has seen kids who can't resist tearing open the sugar packets at a restaurant, who fiddle with a burning candle until it is a horrid pile of wax spatter on the table. My sister was never one of those kids. She had always seemed at peace with herself, happy -- until yesterday. Now, I sensed a nervousness, an energy that was bottled up and even now seeping around the edges of the stopper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lowerbase, Monty, AuGoose, twitch99

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2017 20:59 #54786 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic LaPore Caves

circes_cup wrote:

lowerbase wrote: Hey, my sister found this product in a trip to UK

She arrived yesterday, and she brought a box of it... it tastes terrible. Made me sick.

I went to kitchen just now and found six cans of it completely empty.... should I be worried?



Even stranger was HOW the cans had been crushed. A crushed can should be a jaggedy, loose wad of metal the size of my fist. But these cans -- they had been neatly compacted to the size of golf balls. They were blobs of solid metal, almost spherical, apart from the parralllel indentations of my sister's fingers. I tried to deform the spheres into oval, or even to smooth out the ridges between the indentations. But I managed only to make my thumb ache. How did she do this to the cans?

And why? Everybody has seen kids who can't resist tearing open the sugar packets at a restaurant, who fiddle with a burning candle until it is a horrid pile of wax spatter on the table. My sister was never one of those kids. She had always seemed at peace with herself, happy -- until yesterday. Now, I sensed a nervousness, an energy that was bottled up and even now seeping around the edges of the stopper.


Maybe this is exactly how it started in the Weald.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2017 00:57 - 15 Jun 2017 01:00 #54801 by Gideon020
Replied by Gideon020 on topic LaPore Caves
Got pics of the cans?
Last edit: 15 Jun 2017 01:00 by Gideon020.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2017 10:26 #54862 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic LaPorte Caves
I've updated the shopkeeping scene a page back, as the original was a bit too aggressive considering the girls can do as they please now with the drink... they'll just blow you away.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2017 13:11 - 15 Jul 2017 14:13 #55264 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic LaPorte Caves
The girls have started producing Nourishment in their favourite flavours now! Circes, what have you gone and done?
:ohmy:


This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 15 Jul 2017 14:13 by Monty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2017 13:23 #55265 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic LaPorte Caves

Monty wrote: The girls have started producing Nourishment in their favourite flavours now! Circes, what have you done?
:ohmy:



I think they're getting ready for Circes's birthday, which should be just around the corner ;) .

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2017 14:20 - 15 Jul 2017 14:21 #55267 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic LaPorte Caves
Ugh, some of those flavors look truly disgusting. Raspberry milk in a can?

But hey, the Brits are strange people. They drink their beer warm, too.

For those of you wonder what's going on with me, the answer is "a lot". I'm working away at writing new chapters, revising old ones, and retroactively adding a few scenes to the old chapters as well. It's taking lots of time.

The story that Ive published so far is longer than I had ever wanted it to be. The early chapters were slapped together pretty quickly and don't have the stuctural stength to support all the later material that has been piled on top. The whole thing is begginning to teeter. Some of you have been saying for a while, "hey, your building is teetering.". Others of you have been saying "don't sweat it, the view is good anyway." But if I continue adding more stories without fixing what's underneath, the whole thing is going to wind up on its side. And by the way, I'm not trained to be doing any of this, so it involves lots of tinkering.

So, with that as an update, I'm going to pop another can of milk with artificial raspberry flavoring and get back to it! Thanks guys.
Last edit: 15 Jul 2017 14:21 by circes_cup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076, Pepper, Monty, AuGoose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2017 15:14 - 15 Jul 2017 15:16 #55268 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic LaPorte Caves
Hi Circes, the story is holding up fine. I felt the same way with Energize as it dropped away at the end. Enjoying a nice cold beer here in Britain at the mo. Keep up the good work!
Last edit: 15 Jul 2017 15:16 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: circes_cup

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2017 16:07 #55269 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic LaPorte Caves

circes_cup wrote: For those of you wonder what's going on with me, the answer is "a lot". I'm working away at writing new chapters, revising old ones, and retroactively adding a few scenes to the old chapters as well. It's taking lots of time.

The story that Ive published so far is longer than I had ever wanted it to be. The early chapters were slapped together pretty quickly and don't have the stuctural stength to support all the later material that has been piled on top. The whole thing is begginning to teeter. Some of you have been saying for a while, "hey, your building is teetering.". Others of you have been saying "don't sweat it, the view is good anyway." But if I continue adding more stories without fixing what's underneath, the whole thing is going to wind up on its side. And by the way, I'm not trained to be doing any of this, so it involves lots of tinkering.

So, with that as an update, I'm going to pop another can of milk with artificial raspberry flavoring and get back to it! Thanks guys.


I don't think there has ever been a writer (well, maybe one) that was ever satisfied with his own old work, so take your time :) .

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)
The following user(s) said Thank You: circes_cup

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds