Amount

LaPorte Caves

13 Jun 2017 17:46 - 13 Jun 2017 18:02 #54732 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic LaPore Caves
A new drink is now available in UK convenience stores. Well, convenient for the female population. Very much less so for the British male populace. I can sense a revolution approaching....

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 13 Jun 2017 18:02 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Ravens_ghost

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2017 00:43 #54742 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic LaPore Caves
That is too funny.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to steer clear of reality. In Deep Down Inside, I wrote a battle scene in Crimea because I thought it was the last place in the world we'd see a conflict. The Russians invaded two weeks later.

Thanks for sharing. It looks like a simple supermarket product, but really it's a global conspiracy to upend gender relationsh. Mango-flavored canned milk, anyone?

More
14 Jun 2017 01:02 #54744 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic LaPore Caves

circes_cup wrote: That is too funny.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to steer clear of reality. In Deep Down Inside, I wrote a battle scene in Crimea because I thought it was the last place in the world we'd see a conflict. The Russians invaded two weeks later.

Thanks for sharing. It looks like a simple supermarket product, but really it's a global conspiracy to upend gender relationsh. Mango-flavored canned milk, anyone?

Either that or you're a bad luck charm ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: circes_cup

More
14 Jun 2017 05:17 - 18 Jun 2017 09:14 #54756 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic LaPore Caves

circes_cup wrote: Mango-flavored canned milk, anyone?

Tried it at lunchtime, and threw it all up on the pavement outside the shop. There was a commotion behind me as two rather buff-looking girls walked towards the door with a couple of cans each. The shopkeeper shouted "HEY! Aren't you paying for them?"

Both girls turned and blew their sweet, Nourished breath towards the shopkeeper. I heard a SLAM into the far wall.

"Could you believe that guy behind the counter?" said one of the girls.

"I know, after all, this is OUR stuff"

It's the 'Serve Chilled' at the bottom of the can that has me worried...
Last edit: 18 Jun 2017 09:14 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: harrycane, lowerbase

More
14 Jun 2017 07:19 #54761 by lowerbase
Replied by lowerbase on topic LaPore Caves
Hey, my sister found this product in a trip to UK

She arrived yesterday, and she brought a box of it... it tastes terrible. Made me sick.

I went to kitchen just now and found six cans of it completely empty.... should I be worried?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monty, AuGoose

More
14 Jun 2017 12:49 #54767 by twitch99
Replied by twitch99 on topic LaPore Caves

lowerbase wrote: Hey, my sister found this product in a trip to UK

She arrived yesterday, and she brought a box of it... it tastes terrible. Made me sick.

I went to kitchen just now and found six cans of it completely empty.... should I be worried?

LOL So how did you treat her growing up? Nicely or did you pick on her????? If the former, you may be OK, if the latter....................hiding may not be enough!!!

By the way, loved your renders on circes DA page. I had not looked through them all, you are very good. You can really capture more than just their physical beauty, the settings and expressions tell so much.

I agree with Woodclaw that the transformation pics are creepy, very well done.

And Ruth walking, wow!! If she walked into my life looking like that, with those moves..........words could not describe the feeling, not sure my heart could take it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lowerbase

More
14 Jun 2017 20:29 #54783 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic LaPore Caves

Even stranger was HOW the cans had been crushed. A crushed can should be a jaggedy, loose wad of metal the size of my fist. But these cans -- they had been neatly compacted to the size of golf balls. They were blobs of solid metal, almost spherical, apart from the parralllel indentations of my sister's fingers. I tried to deform the spheres into oval, or even to smooth out the ridges between the indentations. But I managed only to make my thumb ache. How did she do this to the cans?

And why? Everybody has seen kids who can't resist tearing open the sugar packets at a restaurant, who fiddle with a burning candle until it is a horrid pile of wax spatter on the table. My sister was never one of those kids. She had always seemed at peace with herself, happy -- until yesterday. Now, I sensed a nervousness, an energy that was bottled up and even now seeping around the edges of the stopper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lowerbase, Monty, AuGoose, twitch99

More
14 Jun 2017 20:59 #54786 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic LaPore Caves

circes_cup wrote:

Even stranger was HOW the cans had been crushed. A crushed can should be a jaggedy, loose wad of metal the size of my fist. But these cans -- they had been neatly compacted to the size of golf balls. They were blobs of solid metal, almost spherical, apart from the parralllel indentations of my sister's fingers. I tried to deform the spheres into oval, or even to smooth out the ridges between the indentations. But I managed only to make my thumb ache. How did she do this to the cans?

And why? Everybody has seen kids who can't resist tearing open the sugar packets at a restaurant, who fiddle with a burning candle until it is a horrid pile of wax spatter on the table. My sister was never one of those kids. She had always seemed at peace with herself, happy -- until yesterday. Now, I sensed a nervousness, an energy that was bottled up and even now seeping around the edges of the stopper.

Maybe this is exactly how it started in the Weald.

More
15 Jun 2017 00:57 - 15 Jun 2017 01:00 #54801 by Gideon020
Replied by Gideon020 on topic LaPore Caves
Got pics of the cans?
Last edit: 15 Jun 2017 01:00 by Gideon020.

More
18 Jun 2017 10:26 #54862 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic LaPorte Caves
I've updated the shopkeeping scene a page back, as the original was a bit too aggressive considering the girls can do as they please now with the drink... they'll just blow you away.

More
15 Jul 2017 13:11 - 15 Jul 2017 14:13 #55264 by Monty
The girls have started producing Nourishment in their favourite flavours now! Circes, what have you gone and done?
:ohmy:

Last edit: 15 Jul 2017 14:13 by Monty.

More
15 Jul 2017 13:23 #55265 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic LaPorte Caves

Monty wrote: The girls have started producing Nourishment in their favourite flavours now! Circes, what have you done?
:ohmy:

I think they're getting ready for Circes's birthday, which should be just around the corner ;) .

More
15 Jul 2017 14:20 - 15 Jul 2017 14:21 #55267 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic LaPorte Caves
Ugh, some of those flavors look truly disgusting. Raspberry milk in a can?

But hey, the Brits are strange people. They drink their beer warm, too.

For those of you wonder what's going on with me, the answer is "a lot". I'm working away at writing new chapters, revising old ones, and retroactively adding a few scenes to the old chapters as well. It's taking lots of time.

The story that Ive published so far is longer than I had ever wanted it to be. The early chapters were slapped together pretty quickly and don't have the stuctural stength to support all the later material that has been piled on top. The whole thing is begginning to teeter. Some of you have been saying for a while, "hey, your building is teetering.". Others of you have been saying "don't sweat it, the view is good anyway." But if I continue adding more stories without fixing what's underneath, the whole thing is going to wind up on its side. And by the way, I'm not trained to be doing any of this, so it involves lots of tinkering.

So, with that as an update, I'm going to pop another can of milk with artificial raspberry flavoring and get back to it! Thanks guys.
Last edit: 15 Jul 2017 14:21 by circes_cup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076, Pepper, Monty, AuGoose

More
15 Jul 2017 15:14 - 15 Jul 2017 15:16 #55268 by Monty
Hi Circes, the story is holding up fine. I felt the same way with Energize as it dropped away at the end. Enjoying a nice cold beer here in Britain at the mo. Keep up the good work!
Last edit: 15 Jul 2017 15:16 by Monty.

More
15 Jul 2017 16:07 #55269 by Woodclaw

circes_cup wrote: For those of you wonder what's going on with me, the answer is "a lot". I'm working away at writing new chapters, revising old ones, and retroactively adding a few scenes to the old chapters as well. It's taking lots of time.

The story that Ive published so far is longer than I had ever wanted it to be. The early chapters were slapped together pretty quickly and don't have the stuctural stength to support all the later material that has been piled on top. The whole thing is begginning to teeter. Some of you have been saying for a while, "hey, your building is teetering.". Others of you have been saying "don't sweat it, the view is good anyway." But if I continue adding more stories without fixing what's underneath, the whole thing is going to wind up on its side. And by the way, I'm not trained to be doing any of this, so it involves lots of tinkering.

So, with that as an update, I'm going to pop another can of milk with artificial raspberry flavoring and get back to it! Thanks guys.

I don't think there has ever been a writer (well, maybe one) that was ever satisfied with his own old work, so take your time :) .

More
15 Jul 2017 18:14 #55270 by Pepper
Replied by Pepper on topic LaPorte Caves

circes_cup wrote: For those of you wonder what's going on with me, the answer is "a lot". I'm working away at writing new chapters, revising old ones, and retroactively adding a few scenes to the old chapters as well. It's taking lots of time.

Thanks for the update.

I'm quite curious about what's working, what you think needs a bit of tinkering, and how the story has grown since you started, but for now I'll just let you get on with it. Looking forward to whatever's next.

More
18 Jul 2017 16:06 - 20 Jul 2017 15:31 #55315 by Monty
The girls have been at the cans of Nourishment.

"Wow! Geez" Wendy said through clenched teeth "never thought I'd grow like this and have all the power and strength!!"

Last edit: 20 Jul 2017 15:31 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artnico, Dru1076, RevTekkX, circes_cup, grungykitten, twitch99, Sam+Norton

More
10 Oct 2017 11:05 #56519 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic LaPorte Caves
Haven’t heard anything in a few months. Hope all is well.

More
10 Oct 2017 11:06 #56520 by Woodclaw

jnw550 wrote: Haven’t heard anything in a few months. Hope all is well.

Same here.

More
10 Oct 2017 11:36 #56521 by Monty
Same here

More
10 Oct 2017 19:17 - 10 Oct 2017 22:20 #56532 by Pepper
Replied by Pepper on topic LaPorte Caves
Thirded.

Or fourthed, whatever.
Last edit: 10 Oct 2017 22:20 by Pepper.

More
18 Oct 2017 06:46 #56633 by circes_cup
Thanks for checking in, guys. I'm still here. Real life has kept me very busy, and the muse has made precious few visits to my head. But all that will change in time, and the story will resume. Looking forward to putting more material out there. Circes
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Woodclaw, Dru1076, RevTekkX, Pepper, Monty, AuGoose, twitch99

More
21 Feb 2018 23:11 - 21 Feb 2018 23:14 #58669 by Monty
I had written a (hopefully) fun side-piece and short narrative on Julia's adventures about a year ago and stored it on a now defunct ipad that needs charged up with some Nourishment before I can upload it here. Hopefully this weekend if that's ok. :)
Last edit: 21 Feb 2018 23:14 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smoki07

More
22 Feb 2018 13:11 #58676 by smoki07
Replied by smoki07 on topic LaPorte Caves
Cool, After The good news about Baker's Dozen, you get another one. Looking forward for this.

More
22 Feb 2018 17:37 #58677 by circes_cup

smoki07 wrote: Cool, After The good news about Baker's Dozen, you get another one. Looking forward for this.

I’m looking forward to it, too!

Monty, do me a favor and label it as “inspired by....” or “an extension of....” or something else that clarifies its relationship to the original story. The reason for that is mostly to help the reader reconcile any plot conflicts: I have several chapters yet to write before we can call this story done, and I’m revising the earlier stuff, so there is a good chance that your story and mine won’t mesh perfectly. Maybe I’m the only person that cares about plots meshing, but I do actually care about it.

If you’d like me to look at it before you post, let me know. But if you prefer just to post and be done, I completely understand that too. Can’t wait!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, Pepper, Monty, AuGoose

More
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds