Amount

LaPorte Caves

15 Jul 2017 18:14 #55270 by Pepper
Replied by Pepper on topic LaPorte Caves

circes_cup wrote: For those of you wonder what's going on with me, the answer is "a lot". I'm working away at writing new chapters, revising old ones, and retroactively adding a few scenes to the old chapters as well. It's taking lots of time.

The story that Ive published so far is longer than I had ever wanted it to be. The early chapters were slapped together pretty quickly and don't have the stuctural stength to support all the later material that has been piled on top. The whole thing is begginning to teeter. Some of you have been saying for a while, "hey, your building is teetering.". Others of you have been saying "don't sweat it, the view is good anyway." But if I continue adding more stories without fixing what's underneath, the whole thing is going to wind up on its side. And by the way, I'm not trained to be doing any of this, so it involves lots of tinkering.

So, with that as an update, I'm going to pop another can of milk with artificial raspberry flavoring and get back to it! Thanks guys.

Thanks for the update.

I'm quite curious about what's working, what you think needs a bit of tinkering, and how the story has grown since you started, but for now I'll just let you get on with it. Looking forward to whatever's next.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2017 16:06 - 20 Jul 2017 15:31 #55315 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic LaPorte Caves
The girls have been at the cans of Nourishment.

"Wow! Geez" Wendy said through clenched teeth "never thought I'd grow like this and have all the power and strength!!"

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 20 Jul 2017 15:31 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artnico, Dru1076, RevTekkX, circes_cup, grungykitten, twitch99, Sam+Norton

More
10 Oct 2017 11:05 #56519 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic LaPorte Caves
Haven’t heard anything in a few months. Hope all is well.

More
10 Oct 2017 11:06 #56520 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic LaPorte Caves

jnw550 wrote: Haven’t heard anything in a few months. Hope all is well.

Same here.

More
10 Oct 2017 11:36 #56521 by Monty
Same here

More
10 Oct 2017 19:17 - 10 Oct 2017 22:20 #56532 by Pepper
Thirded.

Or fourthed, whatever.
Last edit: 10 Oct 2017 22:20 by Pepper.

More
18 Oct 2017 06:46 #56633 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic LaPorte Caves
Thanks for checking in, guys. I'm still here. Real life has kept me very busy, and the muse has made precious few visits to my head. But all that will change in time, and the story will resume. Looking forward to putting more material out there. Circes
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Woodclaw, Dru1076, RevTekkX, Pepper, Monty, AuGoose, twitch99

More
21 Feb 2018 23:11 - 21 Feb 2018 23:14 #58669 by Monty
I had written a (hopefully) fun side-piece and short narrative on Julia's adventures about a year ago and stored it on a now defunct ipad that needs charged up with some Nourishment before I can upload it here. Hopefully this weekend if that's ok. :)
Last edit: 21 Feb 2018 23:14 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smoki07

More
22 Feb 2018 13:11 #58676 by smoki07
Replied by smoki07 on topic LaPorte Caves
Cool, After The good news about Baker's Dozen, you get another one. Looking forward for this.

More
22 Feb 2018 17:37 #58677 by circes_cup

smoki07 wrote: Cool, After The good news about Baker's Dozen, you get another one. Looking forward for this.

I’m looking forward to it, too!

Monty, do me a favor and label it as “inspired by....” or “an extension of....” or something else that clarifies its relationship to the original story. The reason for that is mostly to help the reader reconcile any plot conflicts: I have several chapters yet to write before we can call this story done, and I’m revising the earlier stuff, so there is a good chance that your story and mine won’t mesh perfectly. Maybe I’m the only person that cares about plots meshing, but I do actually care about it.

If you’d like me to look at it before you post, let me know. But if you prefer just to post and be done, I completely understand that too. Can’t wait!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, Pepper, Monty, AuGoose

More
22 Feb 2018 18:59 #58678 by Monty
Thanks Circes! It's only a short scene with a few images. I'll let you have a look at it first for your approval before thinking about posting on the thread here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pepper, circes_cup, Sam+Norton

More
23 Feb 2018 07:29 #58681 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic LaPorte Caves
The complex network of caverns grows. :)

I was just reviewing the art Lowerbase did inspired by the story. Some amazing stuff. Looking forward to seeing what comes of the review and edits to the story. Still probably the most thought provoking series on the site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pepper

More
25 Feb 2018 05:26 #58688 by Pepper

circes_cup wrote: Monty, do me a favor and label it as “inspired by....” or “an extension of....” or something else that clarifies its relationship to the original story. The reason for that is mostly to help the reader reconcile any plot conflicts: I have several chapters yet to write before we can call this story done, and I’m revising the earlier stuff, so there is a good chance that your story and mine won’t mesh perfectly. Maybe I’m the only person that cares about plots meshing, but I do actually care about it.

I feel like I may be one of the critics, but I also hope you don't change it too much. I've gone back and re-read parts of it and I find my reaction is quite different depending on which character I choose to empathize and identify with at the time. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you can resolve the plot while staying true to the characters, I think you've really created a great story.

More
02 Mar 2018 16:11 - 04 Mar 2018 12:16 #58732 by Monty
A short scene inspired by circes_cup’s brilliant work on La Porte Caves.

“Well, what do you think…?”

Howard looked up as Julia emerged from their bedroom in her Halloween costume. He chuckled “I love the supergirl outfit, very apt!”

It was good to be back home, back on Earth, back to ‘normality’. All of Julia’s superstrength had long since drained from her body, but she was more than happy (as was Howard) with her now slim, toned physique the Nourishment had left her with. She occasionally pined for those muscles, that body, those huge breasts, the Strength that would elevate her far beyond every human being here on earth. All just a sip away…if she wanted, but she knew her Howie wouldn’t approve. Unbeknownst to her boyfriend, Julia had carried gallons of the Nourishment single-handedly through the caves in a half-ton vat after yet another argument in the Weald. It had been stored in the loft, out of the way, out of reach, out of temptation…Perhaps…

“Are you ready to go, Julia?” as Howard waited impatiently in the car.

“Yes…ok dear, I’ll be right there. I’ll just fetch some more punch for the party”

“Julia! We’re now running late!”

“Sorry dear” as she opened the door, “I just wanted to bring an extra bottle.”

Howard’s younger brother Mark and his girlfriend were hosting the party which was in full swing when the couple arrived.

”Hey bro! Hi Julia! Where have you both been? We haven’t seen you for ages!”

“Ummm…we’ve both been on an extended hiking vacation” murmured Howard.

Julia giggled into her petite hand, Howard tutted.

Mark had been a good football player at college, working his way through a scholarship and at 6’ 2”, he was proud of his ‘strong’ physique. Howard’s brother towered above Julia flexing his arms by his side in his batman costume.

“I see you’ve lost a bit of weight with all the hiking Julia! Nice costume by the way, but you don’t look that super, Jules” chided Howard’s brother.

“Oh?....Really?” Julia replied as she made her way to the drinks table.

Howard sighed, if only his younger brother knew of the past misadventures he had worked through with his girlfriend.

“I’ve brought our own drinks with us, would you like to try some?” as she poured the first bottle knowingly and handed a glass to Mark. Mark looked at the glass with the strange liquid and sipped at the drink in his hand.

“UGH!” as he spat it out it. “That tastes gross Julia! What the hell is it?”

‘Glug, glug, glugglu…’

“Mmmmm” she closed her eyes and tilted her head back as she licked her lips.
“I think it tastes wonderful Mark! Don’t you agree?”

Mark looked on, mouth agape in disbelief as Julia’s arms began to burst at the very seams of her costume, those arms began to swell as she flexed her now huge super-enhanced Nourished muscles, her modest chest stretched out against the expanding ‘S’ on her costume. She soon towered above little Mark.

One finger of Julia's hand reached down to lift Howard’s brother off the floor...

“Great to see MY juice in action isn’t it Mark? Believe me, I am far way beyond what you termed ‘super’ now!”

I didn’t think it would do much for you though” as she lowered him effortlessly to whisper in his ear.

“Would any of the ladies here care for a sip of my Punch?”

Howard’s head fell into his hands, ‘Oh no, Julia…’

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 04 Mar 2018 12:16 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: algae2k, RevTekkX, Pepper, Ravens_ghost, circes_cup, twitch99, Sam+Norton

More
04 Mar 2018 14:20 #58764 by Woodclaw
Well, the story is certainly a very nice vignette with a smooth execution. I can see this being an "alternate reality" of sort to the main LaPorte storyline.

Putting it right next to the main story it gives me the creeps though. Considering how addictive the Nourishment is, Julia spinking the punch with it is a terrifying perspective.

More
04 Mar 2018 22:55 #58770 by Monty

Woodclaw wrote: Well, the story is certainly a very nice vignette with a smooth execution. I can see this being an "alternate reality" of sort to the main LaPorte storyline.

Putting it right next to the main story it gives me the creeps though. Considering how addictive the Nourishment is, Julia spinking the punch with it is a terrifying perspective.

Hi Woodclaw. The short short isn't 'right next to the main story'. If it was, it would be in the library, and not the story comments section where lots of interesting comments and ideas have been posted about circes's thought-provoking work. I had the short take of the vignette in my head for several months, but never got it down and posted here until I cleared the take with circes through pm's and e-mails.

More
05 Mar 2018 00:23 #58771 by Woodclaw

Monty wrote: Hi Woodclaw. The short short isn't 'right next to the main story'. If it was, it would be in the library, and not the story comments section where lots of interesting comments and ideas have been posted about circes's thought-provoking work. I had the short take of the vignette in my head for several months, but never got it down and posted here until I cleared the take with circes through pm's and e-mails.

It wasn't meant as a critique, just a random thought I had reading you piece.

More
05 Mar 2018 00:42 #58772 by circes_cup
Yes, when Woodclaw said “gives me the creeps”, I think he has saying it as a reader wondering what happens when this stuff gets into a punchbowl, not as an admin objecting to the presence of the story. Regardless, I’m fine with it.

Monty, thanks for offering up this fun little vignette. It’s got a light, tongue-in-cheeck feeling very similar to SteveTheZ’s stuff.... like “aw, gosh darn it, we just altered the fate of humanity”. I feel like I’ve seen other stories of yours, and liked them, but when I went back a few minutes ago, I couldn’t find any in the library. In any event, I hope you keep writing.

For those that wish to know, I’ve spent lots of time — too much time — trying to rework and finish LPC. I certainly haven’t forgotten about it. I have no idea when I’ll be posting more. You’ll know as soon as I do.

Circes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, Pepper, Monty

More
05 Mar 2018 02:17 #58775 by Pepper
Any more images from Lowerbase to tide us over?

More
05 Mar 2018 09:13 #58776 by Woodclaw

circes_cup wrote: Yes, when Woodclaw said “gives me the creeps”, I think he has saying it as a reader wondering what happens when this stuff gets into a punchbowl, not as an admin objecting to the presence of the story. Regardless, I’m fine with it.

That pretty much what I was trying to say. 90% of the time when I post here I'm just doing so as a reader and a contributor, not as an admin.

circes_cup wrote: Monty, thanks for offering up this fun little vignette. It’s got a light, tongue-in-cheeck feeling very similar to SteveTheZ’s stuff.... like “aw, gosh darn it, we just altered the fate of humanity”. I feel like I’ve seen other stories of yours, and liked them, but when I went back a few minutes ago, I couldn’t find any in the library. In any event, I hope you keep writing.

As far as I can remember the only Steve the Z story we ever hosted is "The Supergirl Phenomenon", which is still in the Library. There are a bit more on that style, I think mostly by some of our oldest contributors.

More
09 Mar 2018 16:22 #58816 by circes_cup

Pepper wrote: Any more images from Lowerbase to tide us over?

Just posted two images to my DeviantArt account. Check them out!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pepper, Monty, AuGoose, grungykitten

More
25 Apr 2018 09:11 #59265 by jnw550
Hey, Circe! Hope all is well. Just wanted to check in on you. How are things coming along?

More
25 Apr 2018 14:20 #59269 by circes_cup

jnw550 wrote: Hey, Circe! Hope all is well. Just wanted to check in on you. How are things coming along?

Very slow. Real life has gotten in the way. But thanks for asking. Glad there is still interest out there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pepper, Monty, twitch99

More
25 Apr 2018 16:49 #59270 by jnw550
Completely understand. Thanks for replying!

More
25 Apr 2018 19:48 #59272 by Pepper

circes_cup wrote: Glad there is still interest out there.

Oh, yes. I've noticed a few recent comments to some earlier chapters on deviantart, and the latest picture. Thanks for those. I find it interesting that the story started off as something of a lark. You've certainly set up a fascinating world and relationships; I thought you'd have had more of an endgame in mind.

You offered once to share access to the online drafts, is that still an option? I suspect that might slow you down even further; seems like addressing all the feedback is one of the things that's taking so long.

More
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds