Amount

SGI Workshop 1.4: Ready? Begin!!!

24 Jun 2005 00:33 #1563 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Re: SGI Workshop 1.4: Ready? Begin!!!
Not sure if I'll have time to write it in just a week, especially since I'm such a slow writer, but an idea just popped into my head and I thought I might try to write a short story based on it. My problem is that I'm not sure if it meets the rules or the theme of this workshop.

The theme: I know the theme is supposed to be an origin that makes someone angry, but my story is more along the lines of a first meeting between two heroes in which the weaker one is jealous. I figure it's probably close enough, and I'm not expecting any votes for a short, cheesy, comedic story like this, anyway. What does everyone else think?

The rules: So, how strict is that "no underage characters" rule? I'm thinking in terms of a comedic parody/fanfic based on teenagers Supergirl and Robin the Boy Wonder. Somehow, the image popped into my mind of Batman and Robin watching Supergirl use her superbreath and Robin exclaiming "Holy blow jobs, Batman!", and the rest of the story is just an excuse to write that scene. Actually, having thought about it a little, I really do have a story idea that incorporates that scene. But that's actually about as close as I intend to come to sexual content, so I figure the use of young fictional characters shouldn't be a problem. Again, what do the rest of you (especially the admins) think?

YAGS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2005 00:54 #1564 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: SGI Workshop 1.4: Ready? Begin!!!
Write it. If admin or lfan (I'm not sure who makes these decisions) gives it a thumbs-down, it can go in the StoryBank. (But I like to think a certain latitude is permitted in interpreting the workshop themes.)

More
24 Jun 2005 01:38 #1565 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Re: SGI Workshop 1.4: Ready? Begin!!!
I personally don't think that's so bad. It's merely a comment that a teenage boy might make, I guess. She would probably be embarrased to hear it anyway!

Your story reminds me of the Elseworlds Supergirl and Batgirl story. Batgirl wanted to carefully dismantle a bomb, and just as she's about to, Supergirl picks it up and casually crushes it in her hands. It's a quite a funny scene actually.

More
28 Jun 2005 07:41 #1603 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: SGI Workshop 1.4: Ready? Begin!!!
Although I think that trying to compete against this crew first time out is akin to a high school kid trying to step into the box against Sandy Koufax or Randy Johnson (or for you English Blokes trying to keep the nets against Beckham or Romario) I did come up with an entry. I just need to know what I should do to submit it.

Currently, it is a word file on my computer.

More
28 Jun 2005 09:48 #1604 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: SGI Workshop 1.4: Ready? Begin!!!
Fantastic news, ace! Can't wait to read your story. Just attach your word file to an email and send it over for inclusion in the workshop.

All entries should be posted to:

webmaster@superwomenmania.com

by this Friday (July 1st 2005)

More
29 Jun 2005 04:25 #1611 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic No submission from me again this time
Just not gonna happen. I didn't have time over the weekend to write, as I had hoped I would. My story idea for this one was pretty lame, so no big loss.

One of these days, the workshop theme will just happen to exactly match one of the story ideas that I had been intending to eventually write anyway, so it'll inspire me to really sit down and do it.

In the mean time, I'm still slowly working on finishing my first story, which isn't really a superwoman story, at least not by the standards around here. You'd think it wouldn't take more than a year to finish a 30-35 page story, but it's been longer than that already, and I'm about 75% done. I think I might finally be close enough to completion that I'm inspired to actually work on finishing it.

YAGS

More
30 Jun 2005 02:30 #1619 by MackTheMouse2
Replied by MackTheMouse2 on topic 'bout YAGS
Can you give us a preview? First 5-10 pages, or something?

:)

More
30 Jun 2005 09:44 #1622 by admin
OK, People. Today is the last day of June...

DEADLINE TIME!

E-mail your Workshop Submissions to: webmaster@superwomenmania.com

More
05 Jul 2005 03:46 #1658 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Re: SGI Workshop 1.4: Ready? Begin!!!
:(

More
05 Jul 2005 12:33 #1661 by admin
Turn that :( into a :) by reading the 6 entries in the storybank:

www.superwomenmania.com/storybank/index-d.html

Then vote for your favourite (and post any comments on the entries) in the "SGInc Workshop 1.4 Poll, Comments and Reaction" forum.

admin.

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds