Amount

SGI Short Workshop 2.1

19 Aug 2005 00:39 #2160 by WhitePaw
Replied by WhitePaw on topic Re: SGI Short Workshop 2.1
Agreed. 1000 words um....roxs! I only regret I heard of this just last weekend. My inspiration is limited to 2 stories per week. An extra day would not avail me at this point. Please enjoy what little I've to offer.

Love,
-White Paw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2005 07:03 #2164 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: SGI Short Workshop 2.1
I worked hard on my story tonight and shaved it down to just 2367 words over the limit.

For the record, here in Arizona we stay on Mountain Standard Time (GMT-7) all year long. We pray for the sun to go down at night so there is no daylight savings time here. I can never remember the pneumonic. Is it Spring the same and Fall remain,or Fall the same and Spring remain?

More
19 Aug 2005 07:58 #2165 by WhitePaw
Replied by WhitePaw on topic Re: SGI Short Workshop 2.1
Post it anyway! Wanna see! Over the time limit anyway. We won't hold it against ya (well...admin might choose to, but I might vote for ya regardless-- if it's really good enough to be worth saving the extra 3x wordcount).

There should just be some handicapping system so you can enter the heavier weight stories in the 1000-word workshop anyway, just cost ya a vote or two off the bat or something.

Love,
-White Paw

More
19 Aug 2005 11:29 #2166 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: SGI Short Workshop 2.1
All story submissions are always welcome here at SuperWomenMania.

However, only those stories that fit within the 1,000 word limit will feature in the poll for SGInc Workshop 2.1.

admin.

More
19 Aug 2005 13:59 #2167 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: SGI Short Workshop 2.1
"Spring forward, fall back" (as in the clocks)

:)

LF

I worked hard on my story tonight and shaved it down to just 2367 words over the limit.

For the record, here in Arizona we stay on Mountain Standard Time (GMT-7) all year long. We pray for the sun to go down at night so there is no daylight savings time here. I can never remember the pneumonic. Is it Spring the same and Fall remain,or Fall the same and Spring remain?

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Aug 2005 15:08 #2170 by admin

More
19 Aug 2005 16:58 #2174 by ace191
I thought I did post it (and within the time if not the word limit). We have been on vacation these past two weeks and I dragged a keyboard along with my wife's laptop with us to write the story. I sent it late last night. I should have realized when the computer said somethig about using word
instead of express that there was a problem. I should be able to burn it to disc and move it to my PC and send it.

More
19 Aug 2005 17:22 #2175 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Re: SGI Short Workshop 2.1
I didn't make it. :( I'll send it in anyway when I finish.

More
19 Aug 2005 18:37 #2176 by ace191
Well, It's a good thing my new computer came with a floppy drive as my wife's laptop doesn't have a CD burner in it. I don't know about in the UK, but here in the USA, you can get smoking deals from Dell on nearly new computers that were sent back to them to be fixed for some reason.
I got this one a couple of months ago and I specified the memmory along with the DVD player and burner. Lucky for me, who ever ordered it the first time requested a floppy drive in it.

I think the transfer and the
e-mail went ok this time. If not, let me know. Put me in with YAGS on the "On Topic" group.

More
19 Aug 2005 20:55 #2177 by MackTheMouse2
Replied by MackTheMouse2 on topic Yeah, I just couldn't finish in time
I guess the writing bug has left me these past few months. I keep getting ideas, but not enough enthusiasm to turn them into real stories. I suppose that gives me material for later. Shrug.

Anyway, looking forward to reading everyone else's works & polling and commenting- I've got enough energy to do that!

Glad to see a bunch of entries again.

Mack2

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds