Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

A few images

14 Sep 2012 20:22 #28597 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic A few images
Sorry, I actually didn't like any of them but also didn't want that to be the first comment to the effort that you obviously went through.
Positive remarks: I like the hair, and she really does bear a resemblance to Scarlett Johansson. I find this especially easy to spot by her lips in the pictures Supergirl Johansson 1 and 3.

But I don't know what to do with these pictures beyond liking those points.
E.g. in picture 2 she rests her arms on her elbows, but her elbows don't rest on anything, just floating in the air. Sure, she's a supergirl and possibly uses her flight powers for this, but to me it rather looks unnatural and incomplete.
Also, in all pictures but number 4, I don't know what's with that bra. My guess would be that this is supposed to look like she opened it at the front, letting it hang loosely. But - again, to me - it looks like this thing simply wouldn't even fit her snugly if she hadn't opened it. To me, the bra looks best in picture 4. You still see that the bra is simply too big for her (and a supergirl really shouldn't wear anything that is too big for her), especially because her gravity-defying boobs (which are good ;) ) don't fall down into the cups, but this is not as obvious as in the other pictures.

Actually pic 4 is my favourite, because I like that ecstatic/blissful expression on her face. It also is the only one that shows her nice midriff. Apparently everyone's got their own taste, but although I'm more into the slender&trimmed (you know, a bit muscular, but no amazon), I really like the proportions you gave her. That's not to say that I find her chubby or something, it's just that I'd prefer a bit more "tinyness" when it comes to shoulder width, biceps size and so on. Without looking fragile, of course. But I digress.

The other 3 pictures don't really do anything for me. None of them actually make her look super (except for the clothes of course), including number 4. She just lies there on that cannon and seems to be posing, her left eye is always covered or closed, and the perspective of the first 3 pics hides most of her body. She looks at you, you get a look down her cleavage, and you get to see arms and boots. To me, that leaves out everything between shoulders and knees...
How about a picture where we see the cannon from the side? She still lies there, head turned to the camera of course. Then we'd see the line of her back, slowly gliding downwards until suddenly rising again to the sweet bump that is her bottom.
Also, except on picture 4, her face tells me absolutely nothing. She just looks at me, but there doesn't seem to be a message. No smirk, no dominance, no predator-like "I'll get you in my bed, prey" look. The grin on the already flawed picture 2 (the hovering elbows... I've GOT to say though, how she rests on her elbows really looks realistic. But I don't like that they are suspended on thin air) seems to be alright, but I can't actually see her face. I'm not sure where she's looking so absent-mindedly. And that blonde streak that always covers her left eye doesn't help ;)
I mean, the face on pic 4 is really good, so it seems that she doesn't have to look at me directly. But also, I don't like how she looks at me from the side, as she does in pics 1 and 3.

Reading what I've written so far, I guess my main problems are about her pose. On pics 1-3, I see no power or sexyness, or anything. Just a woman lying there, and she doesn't turn me on. Not on the "superstrong girl" level, not on the "just an attractive girl" level.

While you may have noticed that I hate the fact that her hair covers the left eye (^^), the haircut itself, the color, the locks and the overall texture in the final product are really nice. I also like that she looks JUST a bit sweaty and the shiny reflections on her right boot and the lower lip.

But also, I think this is much about taste. Pics of women on guns, tanks or cars never really did it for me, I never understood how a dull machine can improve the looks of a girl just by it's presence. Sure, if the pic tells a story like "We're on a desert highway, the sun is hammering it's heat down upon us, you're on a long ride, and suddenly this girl appears on the side of the road. Her car broke down, she won't get it running again without your skills, oh, and she's already taking her shirt off because of the heat ;)", that's fine with me. Or when there's some action in the picture, like a supergirl intercepting a quickly advancing group of tanks. But the cannon just stands there and she's lying on it. I don't mean to insult anyone, but this type of setting just absolutely isn't for me.

Okay. This was now the most extensive negative comment I ever gave to somebody's art. Please don't be mad at me, I'm just a guy who didn't like it ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395
The topic has been locked.
More
14 Sep 2012 21:49 #28598 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic A few images
Esteban,

No hurt feelings. You really gave a lot of good points.

Glad you commented.
  • Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
16 Sep 2012 19:23 #28629 by AlbertC
Replied by AlbertC on topic A few images

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Sarge395, superfunk, dave147, oldHarmonyMotion, jdrock24, steelknight3000, JKIJ, Grayface, sgfan05, somat, rueda09, inactive, yaracyrrah, Ravens_ghost, jyache, fats, SCOTT R, Lulu, gate4fan and 2 other people also said thanks.
More
17 Sep 2012 02:18 #28630 by sgfan05
Replied by sgfan05 on topic A few images
Wow awesome panel thanks for sharing!
More
17 Sep 2012 23:37 #28668 by AlbertC
Replied by AlbertC on topic A few images
I'm looking for someone who wants to color, it's free to do it but I'll pay nothing :laugh:
More
05 Oct 2012 16:32 #28936 by Sarge395

SuperGirl balances a cannon on her finger while one smart soldier worships her superiority.

LordSnot commission at a reasonable price.
  • Sarge395
More
06 Oct 2012 01:47 #28938 by thesupervixen
Replied by thesupervixen on topic A few images
Wow, Sarge395 your graphics are fantastic. Love the nipples poking out of the costume. Great skin tone as well. So much better than some of the Heroine artwork out there.
More
06 Oct 2012 04:06 #28942 by Sarge395
Thanks but I did not do this. LordSnot on Deviant Art did it for me. Commission job.

Very fun to work with him. He is fast and efficient.
  • Sarge395
More
09 Oct 2012 03:09 #28973 by Sarge395
www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-22...ir-Alton-Towers.html

Very unlikely heroes! Sam Faiers and Joey Essex dress up as Superman and Supergirl to ride Air at Alton Towers
  • Sarge395
More
09 Oct 2012 09:05 #28976 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic A few images
Thought I'd share my current favorite Laura Vandervoort pict here... slightly tweaked to make her an even better Kara Zor-El.

I don't think anyone portrays the character better than Laura does. She's even better IMO than Helen Slater, despite wearing only a "non-costume". This is as close as Smallville got to a full-blown portrayal of their iconic characters. I'm happy they got this close.

Now if they could just spin Laura off into a Supergirl series. I know she'd loved to play the role. Unlike Slater, who sometimes seemed embarrassed about the role, Laura absolutely adores the character.

velorian.net/kara_lv2.jpg

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Sarge395, Esteban, hpol, Camille Jones
  • shadar
More
09 Oct 2012 12:50 #28978 by Sarge395
You nailed it.

She was a goddess. A Supergirl spin off would be a dream come true.
  • Sarge395
More
09 Oct 2012 13:05 #28979 by Esteban
Great picture shadar.
Maybe in that spinoff they should add a lesbian Maxima. Haha. Oh, dreams..
More
09 Oct 2012 14:40 #28980 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic A few images
If memory serves, Season 7 ratings really got a boost when Kara arrived on scene, despite the "Lost"-ish plotline of 'Veritas' that season. With such popularity and LvV's embracing of the character, it seemed weird that they axed her after one season -- their only excuse being they ran out of things to do with her.

Sadly, I think if you read between the lines, it meant "we've made her more powerful than Superman and we've painted ourselves into a corner" -- sadly, more evidence that TV is not ready for a superpowerful female, especially one more powerful than her male counterparts.

I still shake my head at the thoughts of a spinoff, which the iron was hot for that back then, but now its 4-5 years later and LvV, while still incredible for the role, is hardly a "girl". I still am curious at the long drawn-out, discovery-of-one's-self, "Smallville formula" to see if that will translate to Green Arrow and possibly "Amazon" later on...

ElF
More
09 Oct 2012 17:46 - 09 Oct 2012 17:49 #28983 by shadar

lfan wrote:
Sadly, I think if you read between the lines, it meant "we've made her more powerful than Superman and we've painted ourselves into a corner" -- sadly, more evidence that TV is not ready for a superpowerful female, especially one more powerful than her male counterparts..

ElF

Right on, LFan... I saw that developing in the series and assumed the writers would balance things out by letting Clark develop his full potential, but right to the end, Kara could kick his ass and she was both more mature and more capable of dealing with the worst foes. As she told Clark, his heart wasn't pure enough (meaning I believe that he had too many doubts and was too human) to deal with ultimate evil.

Interestingly, she apparently traveled the universe looking for her parents while Clark was commuting between Metropolis and Smallville and suffering from his agonizing sense of unworthiness.

Personally, I think they got Kara right and completely screwed up Clark. But I suppose the idea was that she was raised on Krypton and was the last daughter of that mighty culture while Clark had grown up on the whimpy, weak and overly emotional Earth. She's a warrior woman while he was having trouble becoming a man, let alone a superman.

Of course, given the mentality of Hollywood, they had to get rid of her so he didn't look so pathetic. Such a lost opportunity.

I think LV can still look young enough on the screen to do SG, but not for much longer.

Instead,we are likely to see a largely (or completely) Ms Marvel in Avengers 2. Sigh.

Good thing we liket write or produce our own stuff.

Shadar
Last edit: 09 Oct 2012 17:49 by fats.
  • shadar
More
09 Oct 2012 18:07 #28985 by shadar
By the way, long as we're talking LV, here's a second pict I cleaned up from some HD screen captures of that one episode where she is "trying to get her image out there" to draw the evil to her and away from Clark (who isn't ready to confront it).

This was after she'd been flying around the universe looking for her parents. She's so much more powerful and confident than Clark at this point that it was a profound mismatch of characters. But at least she had time to be nice to her cousin while also letting him know that "Jor El had let him go" because he wasn't ready.

LV was so freakin' perfect for that role!!

velorian.net/kara-19.jpg

Shadar
  • shadar
More
09 Oct 2012 19:33 #28986 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic A few images

lfan wrote: If memory serves, Season 7 ratings really got a boost when Kara arrived on scene, despite the "Lost"-ish plotline of 'Veritas' that season. With such popularity and LvV's embracing of the character, it seemed weird that they axed her after one season -- their only excuse being they ran out of things to do with her.

Sadly, I think if you read between the lines, it meant "we've made her more powerful than Superman and we've painted ourselves into a corner" -- sadly, more evidence that TV is not ready for a superpowerful female, especially one more powerful than her male counterparts.

I think that this is only half-true. On one hand I agree that lots of people aren't willing to have a supergirl more powerful than her counterpart (especially when he is the titular character of the show). On the other I can see the problem with the storytelling, given how vastly more pawerful and capable Kara was there was no way to put a write a credible threat into the show. If the threat was powerful enough to kick Clark's ass, they could simply toss in Kara to fix it. If it was too powerful for Kara, none in the show could do jackshit about it.

lfan wrote: I still shake my head at the thoughts of a spinoff, which the iron was hot for that back then, but now its 4-5 years later and LvV, while still incredible for the role, is hardly a "girl". I still am curious at the long drawn-out, discovery-of-one's-self, "Smallville formula" to see if that will translate to Green Arrow and possibly "Amazon" later on...

As for a spinoff, I think that it was a major shame but, considering the overall quality of Smallville last seasons, maybe it's for the best that they didn't even tried.
I think that the discover formula should work pretty well on GA, his post-crisis origin was pretty much a trip to the Heart of Darkness. On WW, I have some doubts. Diana is suppposed to be immortal and overall quite old already (roughly 2570, if you go by the Lynda Carter version) so a discovery story might seem forced on the character.
More
14 Oct 2012 15:18 - 14 Oct 2012 16:55 #29047 by Sarge395

Final fun image coming up. Cheesy but it is MY cheesy.

Here is the final at 75% size. They got carried away at practice and floated a bit too high. Makes for a great show during the game but probably too distracting to everyone.
Last edit: 14 Oct 2012 16:55 by Sarge395.
  • Sarge395
More
14 Oct 2012 16:40 #29048 by Esteban
I like face and hair of the other girl (the not-supergirl). Is she modeled after an actress?
More
14 Oct 2012 16:56 #29049 by Sarge395
No actress that I know of. Sorry
  • Sarge395
More
29 Oct 2012 02:55 #29201 by Sarge395

Favorite time of the year is coming! Spotted this for 2012. New to me. Meredith is the model. Some radio or TV affiliation or something.

Hope there are some Supergirl cheerleaders this past Sunday.

Post em if you got em
The following user(s) said Thank You: Esteban
  • Sarge395
More
24 Dec 2012 14:23 #29820 by Sarge395
The following user(s) said Thank You: JKIJ, bigbrian
  • Sarge395
More
24 Dec 2012 22:53 - 24 Dec 2012 22:54 #29826 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic A few images

- GeekSeven
Last edit: 24 Dec 2012 22:54 by inactive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JKIJ
More
29 Dec 2012 16:07 #29886 by Sarge395
Alison Brie As Captain America: Now this is the gender-swapped Avengers we want!

cribbed from io9.com

As always, click to enlarge.

<a href="s268.beta.photobucket.com/user/Sarge395/...zpsd7ed5523.jpg.html" target="_blank">i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj31/Sarge39..._500_zpsd7ed5523.jpg" border="0" alt="Alison Brie"/>

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: JKIJ, sgfan05, inactive, Esteban, Markiehoe
  • Sarge395
More
29 Dec 2012 16:20 #29887 by Esteban
That would be so cool.
Also, this reminds me of a She Bane cosplay shoot I saw a few weeks ago:
alienbee.net/epic-cosplay-she-bane-vs-the-dark-knight/
Omg, that throat lift. Please also make sure to google "she bane", there are several other pics of the same woman around.
I know this is not an "actual" supergirlish theme, but damn it meets the requirements for me ;)
More
10 Jan 2013 15:58 #30033 by Sarge395
On eBay! $1,000

This item is NEW, painstakingly hand crafted and hand painted with pride using only the finest quality materials. Truly whimsical home decor masterpieces which offer a variety of functional uses and a broad appeal to collectors of every type.
FREIGHT SHIPPING COST $250.00
MATERIAL: RESIN
SIZE: 70" HIGH X 36" WIDE X 31".
SHIPPING: VIA TRUCKING
CONDITION: NEW
WEIGHT: APPROXIMATELY 76 lbs

Keep in mind these are all hand crafted, so you will find that each one is a little different in color and may have some imperfections which makes each and everyone unique!

This message has attachments images.

• Sarge395
More
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds