Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

A few images

28 Sep 2016 18:48 #50466 by fats
Replied by fats on topic A few images
Another Black Canary pic

I have to say that's the best shot of the set.

Fats

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, jdrock24, Raa, Ravens_ghost, Agent00Soul, TwiceOnThursdays
The topic has been locked.
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 Sep 2016 19:38 #50467 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic A few images
Here's a tweaked version of the comics frame I posted the day, this time with the original dialog bubbles included.

This version of Supergirl could never get into having a secret identity, and ended up trying to live a full life as Supergirl all the time (IIRC). That proved to have its own set of problems.

I mean, how would you personally handle knowing that the girl in the next apartment, house or work cubicle was a Kryptonian, and she wasn't trying to hide it, even while she was trying to live a normal life?

As much as the Supergirl show has tried to show Kara working and living with people who knew all her secrets, I don't think they went far enough.

Do any of you remember the half-dozen or so Friends episodes in the late 90's where Elle McPherson plays a ridiculously hot woman who moves in as Joey's roommate? He simply cannot wrap his head around having such a phenomenally beautiful roommate. Despite his best efforts, he's so in awe of her and so attracted to her (even though she's just a roommate) that he treats her oddly. He just can't get used to being around her without getting all weird. And in the end that drives her away.

I call it the "Goddess Syndrome" -- the inability of ordinary men to treat a goddess like a person. To get past the awe and the overpowering attraction and more than a little objectification. Not everyone has it, but I suspect it's epidemic among the membership if this forum. I for one have it bad.

People have been writing about this problem since at least the ancient Greeks, who showed some gruesome ways humans suffer when they enter into personal relationships with gods.

I think Supergirl would qualify as a modern day goddess in this context.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
28 Sep 2016 21:10 - 28 Sep 2016 21:13 #50470 by JAG81
Replied by JAG81 on topic A few images
Finally the Melissa Benoist Supergirl DC Multiverse figure is out and starting to show up at local stores so I bought one. Really nice figure for fans of the show. Forgive the glare on the plastic window, it's never easy keeping the flash off the figure for a good picture

(Hope this is the right place for this)

JAG

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: 28 Sep 2016 21:13 by JAG81.
More
29 Sep 2016 04:03 #50478 by shadar
Supposedly another set of twins. I found these when searching for the DJ twins... but its not them.

They've got a superhuman vibe goddess thing going.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost
  • shadar
More
01 Oct 2016 00:09 #50518 by shadar
When you expend enough energy over a small enough area in a short enough time, you get a phenomenal amount of heating.

Here's a rework of a previous picture showing the distorted sewer grid and a brief blaze of heat as she leaps powerfully into the air. With legs like hers, muscles pouring out many hundreds of tons of force for a few milliseconds, there are going to be effects.

We rarely see anything realistic regarding the thermal effects of superhuman energy release. Not sure how realistic this is, but I figured there would have to be some kind of heating from jumping too fast.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost, gotham_knight
  • shadar
More
01 Oct 2016 01:11 #50521 by fats

Fats

The following user(s) said Thank You: jdrock24, Ravens_ghost
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Oct 2016 01:44 #50522 by Engineered-Sorcery
Replied by Engineered-Sorcery on topic A few images

shadar wrote:
<snip>

I feel like the heat would be more friction imparted on her body, while the ground itself would experience more physical distortion, since it's basically recoiling from an enormous amount of stress. As such, the grate would probably be ripped apart, and her clothes would likely burst into flames.

I definitely agree that we don't see a lot of realistic portrayals of the effects of a launch though, and there would likely be a significant heat component (probably some sort of molten rock at the bottom of the small crater that forms.)
More
01 Oct 2016 12:46 #50527 by fats

Fats

The following user(s) said Thank You: algae2k
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Oct 2016 17:41 #50541 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic A few images

Especially for TwiceOnThursdays.

Tumblr original

R5

The following user(s) said Thank You: TwiceOnThursdays
  • five_red
  • five_red's Avatar Topic Author
More
04 Oct 2016 12:42 #50549 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic A few images
For a super carbo sodium load (2 servings per can)

More
04 Oct 2016 16:37 #50551 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic A few images

slim36 wrote: For a super carbo sodium load (2 servings per can)

Supergirl's face resembles Power Girl's on that spaghetti can
More
04 Oct 2016 21:54 #50552 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic A few images
It's "loaded with tomatoes," as they'd say back in the fifties..

--Brantley
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe
More
05 Oct 2016 07:07 - 05 Oct 2016 07:10 #50553 by slim36
tomato puree is the 2nd ingredient after waterChef Boyardee, DC Comics Launch Co-Branded Pastas

by Karlene Lukovitz@KLmarketdaily, July 22, 2016, 7:24 AM

ConAgra Foods’ Chef Boyardee has partnered with DC Comics to launch co-branded pastas.

The products use the brand’s basic ingredients, but the pastas have custom shapes tied to DC super heroes — such as the “S” logo used by Superman and Supergirl — as well as labeling that features those and other DC “Justice League” characters.

ConAgra is projecting incremental sales of about 30% for the brand during the term of the initial multi-year licensing agreement, according to Jennifer Kozmic, senior brand manager, Chef Boyardee. She declined to specify the term length, but said the companies may extend the deal depending on its results.

The new co-branded products include pasta in tomato sauce with Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Batgirl pasta shapes and related label designs; and pasta in tomato sauce with meatballs, featuring Superman, Batman and The Flash pasta shapes and related label designs. Both varieties are being sold in 15-ounce cans and 7.5-ounce microwaveable bowls. Each canned variety has two different super hero label designs, for a total of six label designs across the two lines.

The products, which began to hit shelves in major grocery retailers this month, is being supported with shopper marketing and in-store display programs with retail partners, including Wal-Mart and Kroger.

They are currently being promoted through an exclusive tie-in offer with Kroger: Buy a DVD of 2016’s “Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice” movie at Kroger, and get a free can of Chef Boyardee. The offer is now featured on Chef Boyardee’s Facebook (above) and Twitter channels.

Retail promotions for the new products will ramp up for the back-to-school period, and some paid Facebook advertising will be seen in the coming months.

The multi-year licensing agreement with DC Comics is Chef Boyardee’s first since ConAgra acquired it as part of its $2 billion purchase of International Home Foods, Inc. in 2000.

However, the licensing strategy has an established track record. ConAgra teamed with DC Comics on a similar deal for a Justice League Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa Mix product in 2002. And under its previous owner, Chef Boyardee produced co-branded pastas with Pac-Man in the 1980’s, and with Marvel’s X-Men in the 1990’s.

Like many legacy brands from major food companies, Chef Boyardee, one of ConAgra’s largest brands, has seen dollar sales suffer in recent years as Millennials in particular have turned away from processed foods.

In 2014, ConAgra executives cited Chef Boyardee in particular as contributing to the company’s continuing profit challenges and volume declines for its consumer CPG brands. Then-CEO Gary Rodkin told analysts that the company had spent too much money trying to win Millennials over to Boyardee, Orville Redenbacher’s and Healthy Choice, signaling a renewed focus on marketing to the brands’ core customers going forward. Rodkin retired and was succeeded by Sean Connolly in April 2015.

For its fiscal 2016 fourth quarter, ended May 29, ConAgra’s consumer foods segment saw sales decline 5% when adjusted for an extra week in the comparable year-ago period, reflecting a 4% volume decrease, flat price/mix, and a negative 1% impact from foreign exchange.

The company said it increased advertising and promotion spending by 12% during the fiscal year, including 8% in the fourth quarter, using “a much more rigorous and targeted approach to allocating these dollars against brands where we can drive the greatest margin impact,” including Reddi-wip, Marie Callender’s, Pam, Bertolli, Slim Jim and Hunt's.

“On volume in particular, the bottom line is this: it is an undeniable fact that our past promotional practices have embedded in our volume base, a group of consumers who are not brand loyal, who only buy on hot deals, and who contribute virtually nothing to our profitability,” said Connolly. “It's also true that by catering to them, we have underserved the bulk of our volume base and these are consumers who would be willing to pay more for more contemporary, higher-quality offerings. The good news here is that around this whole dynamic, it is reversible if we are willing to stick to our principles around optimizing mix, and also refreshing the targeted brands for a new day.”

Chef Boyardee was not among the brands cited as having seen dollar sales growth during the fourth quarter, and the company reported a 7-cents-per-diluted-share earnings impact from intangible impairment charges for the Boyardee brand.

However, Kosmic points out that Chef Boyardee continues to have a 70% share of the canned pasta segment, and reports that Chef Boyardee has seen growth in base volume for six consecutive quarters.

She attributes the volume growth in large part to in-store and shopper marketing initiatives through partnerships with key retailers, supported by social media.

In addition, since this past January, the brand has been promoting its “no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives” message on its labels and through social media.
Recommend (7)
All content published by MediaPost is determined by our editors 100% in the interest of our readers ... independent of advertising, sponsorships or other considerations.
www.chefboyardee.com/articles/chef-boyar...ealtime-super-heroes
Last edit: 05 Oct 2016 07:10 by slim36.
More
06 Oct 2016 02:38 #50561 by castor
Replied by castor on topic A few images
Saw this and thought it was kinda neat.

www.facebook.com/AFROPUNK/videos/10153927166821623/
More
13 Oct 2016 18:57 #50700 by fats
Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnd crush

Fats

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Ravens_ghost
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 Oct 2016 02:24 #50710 by slim36

More
15 Oct 2016 12:22 #50741 by fats

Fats

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 Oct 2016 15:14 #50747 by fats

Fats

The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, Woodclaw, slim36, Ravens_ghost, Lulu, buddyu415, AuGoose
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 Oct 2016 01:55 #50751 by slim36
The Happy Meal Supergirl

More
17 Oct 2016 10:58 - 17 Oct 2016 11:17 #50753 by brantley
Hello, Dolly! :)

--Brantley
Last edit: 17 Oct 2016 11:17 by brantley.
More
17 Oct 2016 15:28 #50758 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic A few images
One of my friends gave me one of these (he's a manager at a McDonald's).

For some reason the hair creeps me out. All the "girl dolls' have hair like that, the male ones have hard plastic molded to look like hair. I'm more used to that in models and toy figurines.

I'm sure there is some cultural/marketing reason for it, I just found it weird.

slim36 wrote: The Happy Meal Supergirl

More
17 Oct 2016 16:33 #50759 by brantley
Hello, Dolly redux. :)
More
18 Oct 2016 00:19 #50766 by Raa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monty
More
19 Oct 2016 12:46 #50781 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Awesome WW image...
This showed up in my twitter feed. It's awesome, and the kind of thing I'd commission.

I love the that she's totally unconcerned about the entire thing. ;-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Woodclaw, Raa, dauntingmold, Ravens_ghost, Agent00Soul, McVee, KarkClent, AuGoose
More
19 Oct 2016 18:43 #50782 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Awesome WW image...

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: This showed up in my twitter feed. It's awesome, and the kind of thing I'd commission.

I love the that she's totally unconcerned about the entire thing. ;-)

Statistically, women read more books than men so it makes sense.

Actually, this got me thinking: is Wonder Woman the most intellectual of DC's a-listers?
More
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds