Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

A few images

09 Oct 2012 19:33 #28986 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic A few images

lfan wrote: If memory serves, Season 7 ratings really got a boost when Kara arrived on scene, despite the "Lost"-ish plotline of 'Veritas' that season. With such popularity and LvV's embracing of the character, it seemed weird that they axed her after one season -- their only excuse being they ran out of things to do with her.

Sadly, I think if you read between the lines, it meant "we've made her more powerful than Superman and we've painted ourselves into a corner" -- sadly, more evidence that TV is not ready for a superpowerful female, especially one more powerful than her male counterparts.

I think that this is only half-true. On one hand I agree that lots of people aren't willing to have a supergirl more powerful than her counterpart (especially when he is the titular character of the show). On the other I can see the problem with the storytelling, given how vastly more pawerful and capable Kara was there was no way to put a write a credible threat into the show. If the threat was powerful enough to kick Clark's ass, they could simply toss in Kara to fix it. If it was too powerful for Kara, none in the show could do jackshit about it.

lfan wrote: I still shake my head at the thoughts of a spinoff, which the iron was hot for that back then, but now its 4-5 years later and LvV, while still incredible for the role, is hardly a "girl". I still am curious at the long drawn-out, discovery-of-one's-self, "Smallville formula" to see if that will translate to Green Arrow and possibly "Amazon" later on...

As for a spinoff, I think that it was a major shame but, considering the overall quality of Smallville last seasons, maybe it's for the best that they didn't even tried.
I think that the discover formula should work pretty well on GA, his post-crisis origin was pretty much a trip to the Heart of Darkness. On WW, I have some doubts. Diana is suppposed to be immortal and overall quite old already (roughly 2570, if you go by the Lynda Carter version) so a discovery story might seem forced on the character.
The topic has been locked.
More
14 Oct 2012 15:18 - 14 Oct 2012 16:55 #29047 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic A few images

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Final fun image coming up. Cheesy but it is MY cheesy.

Here is the final at 75% size. They got carried away at practice and floated a bit too high. Makes for a great show during the game but probably too distracting to everyone.
Last edit: 14 Oct 2012 16:55 by Sarge395.
  • Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
14 Oct 2012 16:40 #29048 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic A few images
I like face and hair of the other girl (the not-supergirl). Is she modeled after an actress?
More
14 Oct 2012 16:56 #29049 by Sarge395
No actress that I know of. Sorry
  • Sarge395
More
29 Oct 2012 02:55 #29201 by Sarge395

Favorite time of the year is coming! Spotted this for 2012. New to me. Meredith is the model. Some radio or TV affiliation or something.

Hope there are some Supergirl cheerleaders this past Sunday.

Post em if you got em
The following user(s) said Thank You: Esteban
  • Sarge395
More
24 Dec 2012 14:23 #29820 by Sarge395
The following user(s) said Thank You: JKIJ, bigbrian
  • Sarge395
More
24 Dec 2012 22:53 - 24 Dec 2012 22:54 #29826 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic A few images

- GeekSeven
Last edit: 24 Dec 2012 22:54 by inactive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JKIJ
More
29 Dec 2012 16:07 #29886 by Sarge395
Alison Brie As Captain America: Now this is the gender-swapped Avengers we want!

cribbed from io9.com

As always, click to enlarge.

<a href="s268.beta.photobucket.com/user/Sarge395/...zpsd7ed5523.jpg.html" target="_blank">i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj31/Sarge39..._500_zpsd7ed5523.jpg" border="0" alt="Alison Brie"/>

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: JKIJ, sgfan05, inactive, Esteban, Markiehoe
  • Sarge395
More
29 Dec 2012 16:20 #29887 by Esteban
That would be so cool.
Also, this reminds me of a She Bane cosplay shoot I saw a few weeks ago:
alienbee.net/epic-cosplay-she-bane-vs-the-dark-knight/
Omg, that throat lift. Please also make sure to google "she bane", there are several other pics of the same woman around.
I know this is not an "actual" supergirlish theme, but damn it meets the requirements for me ;)
More
10 Jan 2013 15:58 #30033 by Sarge395
On eBay! $1,000

This item is NEW, painstakingly hand crafted and hand painted with pride using only the finest quality materials. Truly whimsical home decor masterpieces which offer a variety of functional uses and a broad appeal to collectors of every type.
FREIGHT SHIPPING COST $250.00
MATERIAL: RESIN
SIZE: 70" HIGH X 36" WIDE X 31".
SHIPPING: VIA TRUCKING
CONDITION: NEW
WEIGHT: APPROXIMATELY 76 lbs

Keep in mind these are all hand crafted, so you will find that each one is a little different in color and may have some imperfections which makes each and everyone unique!

This message has attachments images.

• Sarge395
More
10 Jan 2013 16:03 #30034 by Esteban
Oooooh my god. Did you find this on ebay or did you actually take the photos? Please say you didn't make it yourself, I'd be JUST a bit envyous ;)
Very glad I can't afford this. Would be gawking at it all day.
More
10 Jan 2013 16:11 #30036 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic A few images
Really cheesy. Department store mannakins are more appealing than that.
More
10 Jan 2013 16:21 #30037 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic A few images

brantley wrote: Really cheesy. Department store mannakins are more appealing than that.

I don't spend enough time ogling department store mannequins to judge one way or another so I'll refrain from commenting...

ElF
More
10 Jan 2013 18:39 #30039 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic A few images
Part of the Velorian mythology is that they grow stronger every year they live, and they live nearly forever without seeming to age. If so, then this is probably how they look in their third century of life. Still cute and young-looking, but able to twist a MacPherson strut as if its made of rubber.

velorian.net/fsm_bend3a.jpg

Speaking of immortals, here's one of our favorite demi-goddesses. Has anyone noticed that DC is developing the romantic angle between WW and Superman. Something that is so obvious that it should have been central to the mythos for ages, but I suppose they had to step carefully around the whole super-sex thing for a long time. Apparently no more.

velorian.net/ww_supes02.jpg
velorian.net/ww_supes01.jpg
velorian.net/DEC120313.jpg

Nor to forget how the new Huntress/PG book depicts how her costume tends to get blown off. They've really amped up Karen. Great series, especially the last issue.

velorian.net/earth2_pg01.jpg

Shadar
  • shadar
More
10 Jan 2013 18:49 #30040 by brantley
Well, these sure beat that plastic doll!

As for the DC romance, it looks like fun. But in the AU there are enough Velorians to allow for a lot of romances. That's more fun!

www.brightempire.com
More
10 Jan 2013 19:08 #30041 by shadar
Unfortunately, Kryptonians and Velorians (or models who convincingly look and dress like them) are really hard to come by. Plus its hard to convince them to hang around long. Pretty hard to decorate your place with them like you can with a mannequin.

We have to thank our various photographers and video producers to give us a little taste, albeit nobody human is going to accurately depict either a Krypt or a Vel. There are limits to the human form.

But with some good cosplay players and Photoshop, we can at least dream. Here's a couple of examples of great cosplay actors who do a great Supergirl (thanks to a bit of Photoshop):

velorian.net/244741_700d.jpg

Or maybe wearing just a bit of body paint. The original photo came out of Brazil, but I added Kate Upton's head. A franken... but one I like, given everything below the face is natural. (Hopefully body paint is close enough to clothing to avoid the NSFW label. Sports Illustrated thinks so.)

velorian.net/misty04b.jpg

Shadar

Shadar
  • shadar
More
10 Jan 2013 19:17 #30042 by brantley
But is the body paint edible?

--Brantley
More
10 Jan 2013 19:58 #30045 by Sarge395
Found on eBay.

I would not be interested in buying it.
  • Sarge395
More
10 Jan 2013 21:42 #30046 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic A few images

shadar wrote: Speaking of immortals, here's one of our favorite demi-goddesses. Has anyone noticed that DC is developing the romantic angle between WW and Superman. Something that is so obvious that it should have been central to the mythos for ages, but I suppose they had to step carefully around the whole super-sex thing for a long time. Apparently no more.

I have to disagree on this point. While it made sense for the pre-Crisis versions of the characters, where Superman was more Super than human. Being both pretty much gods on earth, they looked like a natural match. After Crisis the point was examined a couple of times, pretty much defining that there was too much cultural distance between them for a solid relationship, which made sense since they emphatized his human side over his super side.

I'm not sure how I feel about this new direction, it's interesting (and pretty funny that it was apparently the final nail in the coffin of the old universe), but it seem kind of forced.
More
10 Jan 2013 22:54 #30049 by shadar
Agree with your comments on post-Crisis but prior to the New 52 redo that started last year. But in the current context of the book. Anon, it seems they are developing the idea that they are both lonely and they see themselves as different from all others. They can only confided in each other.

Plus Kal doesn't have a relationship with Lois in the new book. Nor does Diana have anyone on Earth. So they kind of fall together, although clearly Kal/Clark is the one pushing things along.

The writers have clearly made the decision to develop his relationship with Diana and not with Lois. That's a MAJOR shift in the character, but it could work under the context of the new book.

Clark has taught Diana about disguises and they have enjoyed a dinner in plain view without anyone suspecting. (Also a dinner in full costumed view, which as you might expect, wasn't very private.) Also, he's taken her to the Kent farm and discussed how it influenced his growing up. One panel shows them lying beneath his cape in a field, obviously having a romantic moment. Their first time I presume. Choosing the Kent farm for that says a lot about where the writers are going.

After looking back through the various issues where this romance developed, it doesn't seem all that odd or forced to me. But we'll see where it goes. The writers at DC are anything but stable and consistent, so this could crash or take a sudden turn anywhere. But it does appear as if the writers have put some thought into it.

Shadar

Anon wrote:

shadar wrote: Speaking of immortals, here's one of our favorite demi-goddesses. Has anyone noticed that DC is developing the romantic angle between WW and Superman. Something that is so obvious that it should have been central to the mythos for ages, but I suppose they had to step carefully around the whole super-sex thing for a long time. Apparently no more.

I have to disagree on this point. While it made sense for the pre-Crisis versions of the characters, where Superman was more Super than human. Being both pretty much gods on earth, they looked like a natural match. After Crisis the point was examined a couple of times, pretty much defining that there was too much cultural distance between them for a solid relationship, which made sense since they emphatized his human side over his super side.

I'm not sure how I feel about this new direction, it's interesting (and pretty funny that it was apparently the final nail in the coffin of the old universe), but it seem kind of forced.

• shadar
More
21 Jan 2013 12:41 #30196 by shadar
Anyone like a red-headed Supergirl? Not exactly NSFW, but close. Found this somewhere and enhanced eyes and quality a little.

She's about to demonstrate the "bullets bounce off my boobs" thing, but without a costume. I was intending this to be Maxima dressed as a very inappropriate Kara in my SG/Maxima story, but decided not to go with that scene.

But at least here's the image and the thought to enjoy...

velorian.net/supergirl_red.jpg

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: kobarsos
  • shadar
More
21 Jan 2013 22:46 #30211 by Sarge395
Very nice. Her eyes look like they are 3D for some strange reason. Cool!

shadar wrote: Anyone like a red-headed Supergirl? Not exactly NSFW, but close. Found this somewhere and enhanced eyes and quality a little.

She's about to demonstrate the "bullets bounce off my boobs" thing, but without a costume. I was intending this to be Maxima dressed as a very inappropriate Kara in my SG/Maxima story, but decided not to go with that scene.

Shadar

• Sarge395
More
21 Jan 2013 23:09 #30214 by shadar
Maxima is not your usual girl. I don't think anyone truly knows the background of Maxima. Part Kryptonian, part Almercian, but maybe something else too. She's potentially the most powerful being in the DC Universe, given she's nearly got Kara's physical strength and invulnerability, but also that TK power and other Almercian traits ( like pheromones that can excite a man to the point of killing him) and the ability to teleport, aka Darkseid's Boom Tubes.

I'm trying to finish my in-depth portrayal of her for my SG-Maxima story. She's kind of overwhelming to write about, even as seen from Kara's eyes,

Shadar

Sarge395 wrote: Very nice. Her eyes look like they are 3D for some strange reason. Cool!

shadar wrote: Anyone like a red-headed Supergirl? Not exactly NSFW, but close. Found this somewhere and enhanced eyes and quality a little.

Shadar

• shadar
More
23 Jan 2013 08:32 #30223 by shadar
A young Scarlett Johansson tweaked to look like a Velorian...

velorian.net/astrid_02s.jpg

Shadar
  • shadar
More
23 Jan 2013 08:38 #30224 by shadar
A more recent red-haired Scarlett and heat vision... always hard to portray.

velorian.net/scarlet_red02b.jpg

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395
  • shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds