Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

A few images

21 Apr 2013 15:59 #31185 by Sarge395
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artnico, sgfan05, Esteban, Random321
The topic has been locked.
  • Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
21 Apr 2013 23:08 #31190 by sgfan05
Replied by sgfan05 on topic A few images
Agreed dig that Supergirl: Woman of Steel S costume!
More
25 Apr 2013 21:06 #31240 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic A few images
No supergirl on this one but I thought I could share the view of where I often go. ;)

imgur.com/gallery/dTRvKZv

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?
More
26 Apr 2013 23:31 #31265 by starfury483
Replied by starfury483 on topic A few images
Another Supergirl

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yohashuan, shadar, somat, dauntingmold, aki_zz
More
30 Apr 2013 10:00 #31306 by Skye
Replied by Skye on topic A few images
Just thought some of you might find it interesting that the guy who did this manip (and yes, it is one) seems to accept commissions at the moment.

fanartexhibit.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/f...t-open-for-business/

IronKnight wrote: It's not a photo manip.

Her name is Alexis Cozombolidis. The suit is based on the designs for upcoming Superman movie.

Anon wrote: Just something that I found this morning surfing the net. I'm not sure whoever did the manip, nor who the girl is, but it looks pretty impressive.

This image is hidden for guests.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, aki_zz
More
03 May 2013 23:26 #31356 by starfury483
New Picture

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ong76win2
More
04 May 2013 00:25 #31357 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic A few images

starfury483 wrote: New Picture

Not new, but still sexy. Thanks for posting! ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost
More
17 May 2013 02:50 #31626 by starfury483

This message has attachments images.

More
17 May 2013 03:32 #31627 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic A few images

starfury483 wrote:

Thanks for sharing!

The second looks like she'd just gotten shot for the first time!
More
17 May 2013 08:31 - 17 May 2013 08:32 #31630 by Albais
Replied by Albais on topic A few images
Well in fact the title for this second was something like "When Grow Up Wanna Be Power Girl" so that's why her hands are were they are :D

Here's artist link to Heromorph site, long time gone but still some nice manips, this one not included as i thought, but anyway a very enjoyable ones:

heromorph.com/heromorph2/modules/myalbum...&orderby=dateD&pos=0
Last edit: 17 May 2013 08:32 by Albais. Reason: 2 mistakes at writing
More
17 May 2013 08:38 #31631 by Albais
Replied by Albais on topic A few images
And now that i'm on here's link with my Profile Pic, one thing not should we worried bout to find on a place like that at some hours (depending of circunstances of course) ;)

albais.deviantart.com/favourites/#/art/S...095574?_sid=6fd56980
The following user(s) said Thank You: Revan
More
19 May 2013 20:59 #31650 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic A few images
The joys of going to a comicon and getting a date with a lovely girl in a Supergirl costume. Which of course she wears to dinner because that's what cosplay is all about -- becoming someone exotic and amazing for a while. If you are really lucky, that amazement might last until dawn.

A daydream brought to you Shadar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395
  • shadar
More
21 May 2013 05:05 #31657 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic A few images

shadar wrote: The joys of going to a comicon and getting a date with a lovely girl in a Supergirl costume. Which of course she wears to dinner because that's what cosplay is all about -- becoming someone exotic and amazing for a while. If you are really lucky, that amazement might last until dawn.

A daydream brought to you Shadar.

Wow! Thanks for sharing Shadar!
More
23 May 2013 18:47 #31671 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic A few images
I've been working on this, on an off, for about a week, and I think I am finally happy enough with it to share...

Alison Brie (of Community and Mad Men) as a Kryptonian Supergirl.

The base image is here .

Let me know what you think...

- GeekSeven
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, Markiehoe, pansardum
More
23 May 2013 19:39 #31672 by shadar
I like the cape treatment... nice work. Although it looks like the gold clasp would ride upward to her neck. Great background... SG in space is always a hit with me. Don't care for the model. Hips and head a big large implying she's not very tall. I understand those are your model's natural shape. Also SG should be gloriously blonde.

Overall design of the costume is interesting, but her left arm looks way too long.

Thanks for working on this... there are never enough SG picts in the world.

Shadar
  • shadar
More
23 May 2013 19:54 #31673 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic A few images
Very nice base image, didn't know Alison Brie was that hot. I only know her from Community ;)
I agree on the left arm, albeit I guess that is also influenced by a shadow that makes the other arm look shorter at the same time. The costume might be a bit not-so-glorious for a true supergirl, but since she's a brunette she doesn't have to be a true champion of earth for me ;)
Also agree on the gold clasp, but maybe it is just extremely heavy. It doesn't hang on the cape, it's rather actually supported by her breasts ;)
I like the green eyes very much, and the fabric of the costume seems to be more clearly defined and shining than the original picture. Did you do something with it other than color it blue? Also, nice work on making the leaflet on her right arm disappear. Wouldn't have noticed that you changed something there if I hadn't seen the original.

But I think the best job you did was the actual selection of the base image. I love the parted lips and the overall face expression.
More
23 May 2013 23:01 #31675 by castor
Replied by castor on topic A few images
As an artist who has played around with phot stuff i would make the comment that the mo you should work to bring up the grain on the costume. Real life of course, no to pixels are ever the same color, theres always dirt and imperfections.still its a pretty good base job. i recomend it:)
More
23 May 2013 23:33 #31676 by pansardum
Replied by pansardum on topic A few images
Looking on the original picture it shows that she got really long underarms. Which I think only got more pronounced when you added the gloves. It could have something to do with the hands being hard to distinguish.
I wouldn't have noticed the clasp if Shadar hadn't mentioned it, strangely my eyes got distracted around there, anyway a slight curvature on the cape could have given it a more authentic feel, the same for the S on her chest.

Esteban wrote: Very nice base image, didn't know Alison Brie was that hot. I only know her from Community ;)

She had her moments there too :cheer:
More
24 May 2013 02:06 #31677 by inactive

Esteban wrote: I like the green eyes very much, and the fabric of the costume seems to be more clearly defined and shining than the original picture. Did you do something with it other than color it blue?

I put a fabric texture layer (started with a fabric from cgtextures.com and ran an emboss operation on it) above the colored layers. Set the layer mode to soft light and the opacity to 50%.

- GeekSeven
More
24 May 2013 14:00 #31680 by algae2k
Replied by algae2k on topic A few images

shadar wrote: I like the cape treatment... nice work. Although it looks like the gold clasp would ride upward to her neck. Great background... SG in space is always a hit with me. Don't care for the model. Hips and head a big large implying she's not very tall. I understand those are your model's natural shape. Also SG should be gloriously blonde.

Overall design of the costume is interesting, but her left arm looks way too long.

Shadar

C'mon now... you don't think that Caitlin pulled off the ginger Supergirl look in the mini-series?

Maybe the brunette locks are the last things to change as she transforms into Supergirl?
More
24 May 2013 16:42 #31681 by castor
Replied by castor on topic A few images
Three tricks i sometimes use GeekSeven:

1. Make a new layer and hand draw in some shadows in black. these can do a lot to make an image look more real. i like to smeer them a bit afterwards. if it goes over the models real skin, thats not a bad thin. then lower the opacity-sometimes like 10 15 percent. i like to mess around with diffrent types of layer styles:screen works good for this. I sometimes do a couple of these. White also works for highlights.

you can work this to match the natural photo but you don't have to be super accurate about it.

2.You mentioned using textures. I like to use two or three. Then lowering the opoacity to agian like 10 11 , maybe smeering a little to take the edge of the fabric.

3. You talked about using the models skin as a layer. i like to do the same thing by putting it on top of the image. but very small. like 5 10 percent maybe as a screen or like a color or value layer. it adds a little pop to the image.

(i like screen layers)

However its a good picture.

I don't think theres a chance in hell they whould make a supergirl movie agian, but yes alison brie is easily the best choice for the part. I do someday she gets a chance to put on a silly costume. she whould do wonders with it.
More
24 May 2013 18:54 #31682 by shadar
I didn't much care for Caitlan's ginger looks, although she was an interesting faux Supergirl. Supes was such a gentleman, albeit condescending toward her. That could have been written a bit more dramatically.

But as far as the brunette hair being a part of Linda's disguise that she hasn't shed yet (wig or that charged particle comb thingy)... that works for me.

But my SG's have got to be gloriously blonde. The hair and the costume and those blue eyes are all part of the package.

Shadar

algae2k wrote:

shadar wrote: I like the cape treatment... nice work. Although it looks like the gold clasp would ride upward to her neck. Great background... SG in space is always a hit with me. Don't care for the model. Hips and head a big large implying she's not very tall. I understand those are your model's natural shape. Also SG should be gloriously blonde.

Shadar

C'mon now... you don't think that Caitlin pulled off the ginger Supergirl look in the mini-series?

Maybe the brunette locks are the last things to change as she transforms into Supergirl?

• shadar
More
24 May 2013 19:25 #31683 by shadar
This isn't my work (although I made some tweaks, including shortening the skirt), but at the moment this is my gold standard image for Supergirl. Laura is nearly perfect, if they'd only dressed her in the whole costume as shown here, she'd have been stunning.

Most will recognize this as a tweaked pict from the Smallville TV show.

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, dave147
  • shadar
More
25 May 2013 03:05 #31688 by inactive

shadar wrote:
But my SG's have got to be gloriously blonde. The hair and the costume and those blue eyes are all part of the package.

Shadar

I could not disagree with you more. Regular women come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and types: in my way of thinking, superwomen should as well. :)

- GeekSeven
More
25 May 2013 03:16 #31689 by shadar
Superwomen perhaps can come in any shape or color.

But not Supergirl, aka Kara Zor El. I can't think of a single DC Comics Supergirl comic book where Kara was depicted as anything but cute, blonde, slender and blue-eyed. Other than when in her Linda disguise, of course.

Shadar

geekseven wrote:

shadar wrote:

Shadar

I could not disagree with you more. Regular women come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and types: in my way of thinking, superwomen should as well. :)

• shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds