Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

A few Images 2 - The Sequel

26 Apr 2018 01:38 #59275 by Sarge395

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Artnico, Ravens_ghost, SCOTT R, Lulu, jnw550, rednecko, aguilauno, Markiehoe, gotham_knight, Agent00Soul, theomach, Monty, eric328, veggicidal
The topic has been locked.
  • Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
30 Apr 2018 19:14 #59329 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
I thought I'd add this image and a few words which I tweaked after reading the latest installment of the Kiraling story.

---

Colonel Jack Martin was reviewing the latest Intel on the Velorians when the alarms started to go off. His phone rang.

"Colonel, this is Captain Jacobson, we've got an intruder in the building. The facility is on lockdown."

"Understand, Captain. Keep me updated."

Jack wasn't worried. This was the Command Post at Joint Base Lewis McChord, buried deeply underground and well guarded. No one was going to get far.

He pulled his Army issue 9mm from a drawer and set it on his desk as a precaution, and then went back to reading the report.

That's when he heard three muffled gunshots. He picked up his 9mm and chambered a round. Just in case.

Moments later, his reinforced office door exploded off its hinges. He pointed his weapon at the openning as a tall blonde dressed in a strange bit of business attire walked through the open door, followed by two soldiers with M4's aimed at her. Instead of pants or a dress, her black tie formal outfit ended in a pair of hot pants that were shorter than her suit jacket. She had perhaps the cutest legs he'd ever seen. He was also very aware that she had three bullet holes in her blouse..

She leaned back on an old bar stool that was in his office for sentimental reasons.

"Colonel Martin, my name is Kara. You know who I am. I've come here to insist you stop the surveillance of Joe Ricci."

"You mean Sergeant Ricci," Jack replied. "He's active duty. We deal with our own problems here in the Army."

"Well, unless you want every vehicle or aircraft you drive or fly near his cabin dropped into your backyard, or onto the parade ground here on the base, you will leave him alone."

"Is that it? That's your threat?"

"You might find it a bit of a nuisance after a while. The General certainly did."

"You have no authority here, Ms. Zor-El. Please leave."

"Or what, you'll have me shot again?"

"I've got your message, Ms. Zor-El. I hope you get mine. We are going to be watching you and your comrades any way we can. My orders come directly from the White House."

"Thank you, Colonel. Now I know who to go see next."

The two burly guards tried to muscle her out the door, but she didn't budge.

"By the way, Colonel, Private Peter Smythe deserves a commendation. He held his ground, and when I insisted on entering, he shot me three times. Nice grouping, two close enough to my heart to have killed me if I'd been a Terran. He did his job as trained."

The Colonel looked at in astonishment. "You're thanking my men for shooting you -- so accurately?"

"I appreciate men with courage and skill who stand their ground and do their jobs. He knew I was an alien and he knew I could kill him easily. But he did everything he could to protect you. Including the accurate shooting. So, yes, I'm thanking you. You have some good men."

With that, she turned and floated out the door and was gone, leaving the Colonel staring at the open door, jaw slack. Despite all the reports and pictures he'd seen of Velorians. her presence in his office was stunning.

His hand was shaking as he picked his phone up. "Captain, I'm going to need a secure line to the White House switchboard. They're about to have a visitor."

The following user(s) said Thank You: eric328, Gargamel
  • shadar
More
07 May 2018 23:32 #59402 by shadar
Here's a very cool drawing of a 70's Supergirl. That period had maybe the best costume design ever... IMHO.

Shadar

The following user(s) said Thank You: aguilauno, Agent00Soul
  • shadar
More
07 May 2018 23:58 #59404 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
Looks similar to an ame-comi statue or similar.
More
08 May 2018 01:34 #59405 by shadar

Agent00Soul wrote: Looks similar to an ame-comi statue or similar.

Could be... looks a bit like a statue. I stumbled across it whiile Googling something else... don’t know the provenance.

Shadar
  • shadar
More
08 May 2018 02:36 #59406 by murdough
Replied by murdough on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
it's a maquette being released by Sideshow Collectables within the next month or so. Below is a link where you can preorder one. Fair warning, they're going for $249.99 a pop(before taxes and fees)

www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comi...-tweeterhead-903089/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Agent00Soul
More
08 May 2018 18:32 #59417 by Agent00Soul

murdough wrote: it's a maquette being released by Sideshow Collectables within the next month or so. Below is a link where you can preorder one. Fair warning, they're going for $249.99 a pop(before taxes and fees)

I think a lot of the various series of statuettes that have been released in the past decade feature some of the sexiest superheroine/villainess art around. The problem is: where do you display them?
More
08 May 2018 19:15 #59418 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel

Agent00Soul wrote:

murdough wrote: it's a maquette being released by Sideshow Collectables within the next month or so. Below is a link where you can preorder one. Fair warning, they're going for $249.99 a pop(before taxes and fees)

I think a lot of the various series of statuettes that have been released in the past decade feature some of the sexiest superheroine/villainess art around. The problem is: where do you display them?

I have this problem. I have a lot of the DC Covergirls statues, a few of the newer Marvel ones, and the Sideshow Power Girl statue (It's HUGE). She takes up the center of my dining room Table. (The rest is covered in stacksof comics and some knick knacks... fortunately I'm finally getting caught up on my comic organization so maybe I'll get the rest of my table back).

And yeah, I have a problem with finding enough space to display statues. I have a IKEA Kallax shelf in my home office and the top of it is statues. Then I have a side desk, and it's covered in statues. I bought a display case for downstairs and it's full, And I have the top of another shelf and my kitchen table with some odd and ends. Those aren't even really displayed right, they're just stacked to have some place to stand I only buy a few a year, but it doesn't take long for them to start to add up. Again, as I free up some space by organizing my comics, I'm getting shelf space back and I fill it up with statues.

(I might have a bit of collecting problem/addiction. )

I'd get this Supergirl one, as I really like it .... except I find the smile more than a bit creepy.

I love a lot of the sideshow statues, they're just too expensive for me to buy them. I bought PG becasue I couldn't resist. ;-)

Statues are one place where DC kicks marvels ass. Not even a contest. It's only in the last year or two there were really great marvel statues, and they're still not quite up to the DC Cover Girls quality level.

This one is more of a third party event, and Sideshow makes marvel statues too, it's just that even with Sideshow their DC Women statues seem to be better on average...
More
17 May 2018 02:56 #59495 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel

The following user(s) said Thank You: lojack, shadar, Raa, Ravens_ghost, jyache, rednecko, aguilauno, JpHr3, TwiceOnThursdays, erikphandel
  • Sarge395
More
17 May 2018 09:07 #59497 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
Very NSFW, but damn she looks great!

The following user(s) said Thank You: rednecko, Markiehoe, gotham_knight, Agent00Soul, TheOne25
  • Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 May 2018 10:29 #59498 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel

Woodclaw wrote: Very NSFW, but damn she looks great!

WOW!
More
17 May 2018 18:04 #59507 by Agent00Soul

Is that Brian Thomas' character Urtha?

brianthomasx.deviantart.com/gallery/2798...RTHA-THE-UNSTOPPABLE
More
17 May 2018 20:36 #59509 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel

Agent00Soul wrote:

Is that Brian Thomas' character Urtha?

brianthomasx.deviantart.com/gallery/2798...RTHA-THE-UNSTOPPABLE

I don't think so, but she might as well be ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Agent00Soul
  • Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 May 2018 20:38 #59510 by fats
Replied by fats on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel

Fats

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Woodclaw, aguilauno, Bernard72002, Markiehoe, Agent00Soul, erikphandel, Monty, TheOne25
  • fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 May 2018 22:15 #59511 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
Definitely not Aryan!

-- Brantley
More
17 May 2018 23:26 #59514 by Sarge395
Jay Anacleto

The following user(s) said Thank You: lojack, Ravens_ghost, Lulu, Bernard72002, Markiehoe, Agent00Soul, TwiceOnThursdays, TheOne25
  • Sarge395
More
17 May 2018 23:35 #59515 by Agent00Soul

Sarge395 wrote: Jay Anacleto

Great depiction of muscle definition on the legs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jinx, Bernard72002, gotham_knight
More
18 May 2018 04:43 #59523 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Loki Cosplay
I don't remember if I anyone has posted any of her cosplay here.

Bonus Power Girl:

There are also a lot of really cute shots of her and her daughter cosplaying the same costume (WW, Zatanna, Power Girl,...)

source:

This message has attachments images.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lojack, Sarge395, RevTekkX, rednecko, aguilauno, Bernard72002, Markiehoe, Agent00Soul, Monty, TheOne25
More
18 May 2018 16:50 #59525 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Loki Cosplay
Those are sick - especially the Lady Loki! LL is one of those characters who wasn't in the actual comics for very long (and was often depicted as a Marilyn Manson lookalike, not particularly cute), but who has taken on a life of her own in cosplay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bernard72002, TwiceOnThursdays
More
20 May 2018 18:05 #59551 by Sarge395
From the dying thesuperheroines.com site.  More below.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bernard72002
  • Sarge395
More
20 May 2018 22:16 - 20 May 2018 22:32 #59555 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel
"Dying" :D lol ! He's saying the same thing over and over since 3 years or something like that ...

Reminds me of how much of a irrecoverable egomaniac, constant liar he is/was. Coupled with his useless 'Hollywood' urges, and the result is that he closed the only good thing he had ever made. Pity (my wallet thanks him though ...)

Ps. You forgot the sexiest one...

Last edit: 20 May 2018 22:32 by Helstar.
More
20 May 2018 22:45 #59556 by Sarge395
My images were just screenshots I took.  No idea on the producers character. It has been dying on the vine for many years.  Peril filled.  
  • Sarge395
More
29 Jul 2018 19:37 #60417 by Sarge395

The following user(s) said Thank You: lojack, theman812000, earllechec, rednecko, aguilauno, Bernard72002, Markiehoe, gotham_knight, TwiceOnThursdays
  • Sarge395
More
31 Jul 2018 19:16 #60443 by WLG
Replied by WLG on topic A few Images 2 - The Sequel

• WLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Aug 2018 15:33 #60498 by Sarge395

The following user(s) said Thank You: gbball, aguilauno, Bernard72002, JpHr3, gotham_knight, Agent00Soul
  • Sarge395
More
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds