Amount
× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

A few Images 3 - The Best Trilogies Come In Three

09 Aug 2020 18:37 - 09 Aug 2020 18:37 #68805 by slim36

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 09 Aug 2020 18:37 by slim36.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, Woodclaw, Ravens_ghost, rednecko, aguilauno, CANNNNIS, reddofnonnac, cristian01984

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2020 19:12 - 15 Aug 2020 19:13 #68878 by Sarge395
Supergirl by ersatzhaderach and the fight scenes by helde33   All from DA.  Go leave a like.

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: 15 Aug 2020 19:13 by Sarge395.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, Raa, slim36, rednecko, aguilauno, Markiehoe, tranquinha, reddofnonnac, erikphandel, eric328, TheOne25, xoony, Gargamel, static2097, cristian01984

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
21 Aug 2020 16:24 - 21 Aug 2020 16:25 #68918 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic A few Images 3 - The Best Trilogies Come In Three
That's no ordinary office worker!

Last edit: 21 Aug 2020 16:25 by Agent00Soul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Lulu, rednecko, aguilauno, Markiehoe, Monty

More
25 Aug 2020 21:43 #68986 by Sarge395
Desemmanuel  

The following user(s) said Thank You: lojack, shadar, Artnico, Jabbrwock, Ravens_ghost, Lulu, rednecko, aguilauno, Markiehoe, JpHr3, tranquinha, Agent00Soul, Brad2, TwiceOnThursdays, erikphandel, bach2990, clivic, guimachajo1, bradbarry27

• Sarge395
More
11 Sep 2020 22:12 - 11 Sep 2020 22:13 #69139 by Helstar
Last edit: 11 Sep 2020 22:13 by Helstar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost, aguilauno, Markiehoe, JpHr3

More
14 Sep 2020 22:20 - 15 Sep 2020 14:55 #69159 by shadar
Hopefully enough time has passed for this image to avoid being labeled as "political". This image from the 2008 election feels a bit nostalgic now, reminding me of less scary days. 

Regardless of your opinion of the candidates pictured, I hope we can all enjoy the art work. I don't remember the reason for the reference to bottled water, but I'm sure it was important at the time, at least to the artist. 
Last edit: 15 Sep 2020 14:55 by shadar.

• shadar
More
15 Sep 2020 05:16 #69163 by willow
Ugh.

More
15 Sep 2020 08:14 #69164 by Woodclaw

willow wrote: Ugh.

Agreed!

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 Sep 2020 14:30 #69167 by erikphandel
Replied by erikphandel on topic A few Images 3 - The Best Trilogies Come In Three
I don't get what the purpose of posting that image really was Shadar, even if it doesn't offend or aggravate me personally. Let's try to keep this forum politics free shall we

More
15 Sep 2020 16:03 - 15 Sep 2020 16:08 #69169 by shadar

erikphandel wrote: I don't get what the purpose of posting that image really was Shadar, even if it doesn't offend or aggravate me personally. Let's try to keep this forum politics free shall we

Sorry if that bothered anyone. I've removed the image. I thought it was funny as hell, depicting politicians of the past flying off to battle with -- water bottles??!  It somehow seemed so innocent in this day and age. 

Obviously I have a different sense of humor than some, but I have always been amused by old political art depicting politicians as superheroes -- or getting punched out by them. My bizarre view of such humor started with the first image I saw of Wonder Woman punching out Hitler from back in the 40s. WW has appeared in a lot of art punching out politicians since that day. MAD magazine was also a favorite when it comes to that sub-genre. 

Also, given that one of the persons pictured was actually dead and the other has been politically dead for the last 18 years, I figured it wouldn't upset people. I was wrong and I apologize.

Now I'm not sure how old political superhero art has to be before it becomes more amusing than offending, so I won't share any more of it.

Shadar
Last edit: 15 Sep 2020 16:08 by shadar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe, erikphandel

• shadar
More
15 Sep 2020 21:03 #69170 by shadar
Magnetonium rock is formed near the event horizon of black holes, and it's incredibly valuable given a small piece of Magnetonium is at the core of every antigravity device. It's massive enough to distort the local gravity field, given it weighs a thousand tons per cubic foot. 

This is more than a cubic foot of Megnetonium, which is worth more than some Moons.  

Thankfully, there are Velorians who are willing to help mine it from the black hole accretion rings and deliver it to the antigrav factories..

This Protector is trying to make it look easy. Just don't get too close to the rock or the local gravity might suck you in. 

(A Photoshop tweak on a previous image to match my imagination). 

Shadar

The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36, aguilauno, TwiceOnThursdays, jay_manus, cristian01984, Ta, Soeghy

• shadar
More
15 Sep 2020 23:14 #69173 by Markiehoe

shadar wrote:

erikphandel wrote: I don't get what the purpose of posting that image really was Shadar, even if it doesn't offend or aggravate me personally. Let's try to keep this forum politics free shall we

Sorry if that bothered anyone. I've removed the image. I thought it was funny as hell, depicting politicians of the past flying off to battle with -- water bottles??!  It somehow seemed so innocent in this day and age. 

Obviously I have a different sense of humor than some, but I have always been amused by old political art depicting politicians as superheroes -- or getting punched out by them. My bizarre view of such humor started with the first image I saw of Wonder Woman punching out Hitler from back in the 40s. WW has appeared in a lot of art punching out politicians since that day. MAD magazine was also a favorite when it comes to that sub-genre. 

Also, given that one of the persons pictured was actually dead and the other has been politically dead for the last 18 years, I figured it wouldn't upset people. I was wrong and I apologize.

Now I'm not sure how old political superhero art has to be before it becomes more amusing than offending, so I won't share any more of it.

Shadar

Quite a few things posted in this entire forum bother me and I have grown to just let it slide.
There was an entire Netflix show featured here which I found offensive to my core beliefs and I just kept my mouth shut and let it fade away.
A super fun pic of a dead Senator and a, quite frankly, very attractive ex Governor is the least of my worries.

I will leave this here.

The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, slim36, BrokenIron

More
16 Sep 2020 13:01 - 16 Sep 2020 13:09 #69176 by Monty
Back on Topic;
I'm not a fan of TV's 'Frazier', but I'm a big fan of HER (and Roz), so I stayed watching this episode this morning - Roz looks absolutely fantastic in her costume!
Sorry the image isn't great quality, but there is plenty of Roz in her costume on YouTube.

Last edit: 16 Sep 2020 13:09 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rednecko, Markiehoe

More
16 Sep 2020 13:21 - 16 Sep 2020 13:25 #69177 by Monty

Monty wrote: "Frasier" Room Full of Heroes (TV Episode 2001)
Quote;
Roz Doyle : "Wonder Woman really is my hero, she's everything I admire: beautiful, smart, independent, moral..."

Dr. Niles Crane :   "And talk about hooters!"
(Roz glances down at the front of her costume).

Last edit: 16 Sep 2020 13:25 by Monty.

More
16 Sep 2020 13:59 #69178 by Markiehoe
How bout that time Erica Durance donned the Adrienne Palicki Wonder Woman costume for the short lived, little known show Harry's Law

This message has attachments images.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, slim36, rednecko, aguilauno, Monty

More
16 Sep 2020 15:50 #69181 by lojack
Ah, Reagan’s Raiders. I remember seeing that on shelves. Lasted longer than this other fine Solson Publications-

This image is hidden for guests.

I can give a quick summary of issue 1 if anyone’s interested.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Markiehoe, Agent00Soul

More
16 Sep 2020 18:23 #69183 by Markiehoe
Yes please!
I missed this one somehow.

More
16 Sep 2020 19:54 #69185 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic A few Images 3 - The Best Trilogies Come In Three

lojack wrote: Ah, Reagan’s Raiders. I remember seeing that on shelves. Lasted longer than this other fine Solson Publications-

I can give a quick summary of issue 1 if anyone’s interested.

i remember that from my freshman year of college. They got their powers from a transporter room kind of accident if I recall correctly.  I never did find issue 2.

More
17 Sep 2020 10:07 - 17 Sep 2020 10:21 #69191 by shadar
Shock and Awe

Sometimes, you've got to improvise in a hurry when the bad guys are nervously squeezing triggers and automatic weapons are aimed at innocent hostages.

This isn't exactly a play from Superman's book, but when some shock and awe is required, Supergirl has been known to do whatever it takes to save lives. In this case, by drawing all attention (and any bullets) to herself.

Men are, after all, predictable in their reflexes.

And leave it to Jimmy Olson to get this exclusive shot with his telephoto lens. I'm sure this one went into his personal collection, and not onto his editor's desk at the Planet. He is, after all, her friend.

(Given the pict is a bit NSFW, I'll let you click on the attached thumbnail image to download or whatever. I don't know who drew this, but it's a classic bit of Supergirl art in my book.)

Shadar 

Last edit: 17 Sep 2020 10:21 by shadar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, slim36, Markiehoe, eric328, cristian01984, guimachajo1, BrokenIron

• shadar
More
17 Sep 2020 15:12 #69193 by lojack
Looks a lot like Paul Sutton, but I’m not aware of him doing images of that type.  Paul Sutton Deviantart

More
17 Sep 2020 15:51 #69194 by lojack
Ok, this is off the top of my head, but here it goes-

The four girls are teenagers (it’s in the title!} spending their summer on an Air Force base. One of the girls is the base commander’s daughter. I think one of the others is a daughter of the chief scientist on a research project was to research transmutation? One of the girls overheard or flirted with a researcher and found out that the end goal was to turn men into supermen, but they hadn’t got to bio testing.

Summer is ending, and being boy crazy, they come up with a plan to break in and become super so they would then be able to catch the eyes of the dreamy pilots. Swiping security access cards, they get to the machine and activate it, knowing they’ll end up powered or dead. (Either way, the boy problem is solved. :/ ) I think that the flirted researcher (Barry?) walks in as they get zapped and transformed.

It is shown that Gaia? lifts them in an energy cocoon and imbues them each with an element pairing (air, earth, fire, water) and a costume. The machine and building are destroyed in this action. There is a bit of them each experimenting briefly, (the panel shows Sheena, who got earth/strength) and then they resolve to do a big reveal at a pilot event.

The book ends with them gathered, waiting to reveal themselves when they are flummoxed by the fact that the pilot event was to pair those ‘yummy’ flyboys with a new pilot group, the Valkyries (who are all attractive females, natch). Barry may or may not be an intelligence agent, and has plans to use the girls in the future.

I can’t remember seeing/reading the second book, but may have, I think it set up a sorcereress/demoness*? as an antagonist that wants to use the girls as powerful vessels for her own nefarious goals.

*she might be the female officer in charge of the Valkyries.

Now someone go find an issue and fact check my addled schoolboy memories of this!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe, Agent00Soul

More
17 Sep 2020 19:18 #69195 by shadar

lojack wrote: Looks a lot like Paul Sutton, but I’m not aware of him doing images of that type.  Paul Sutton Deviantart

You have a good eye. I found it in his collection. I REALLY like some of his work.

Got to write a Jimmy Olson and Linda Lee Danvers story around that pict. Motivation is where you find it.

Shadar

• shadar
More
20 Sep 2020 17:03 #69230 by Sarge395
Mercy Melody  Supergirl

The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, Ravens_ghost, aguilauno, Markiehoe, Agent00Soul, Brad2, erikphandel, eric328, veggicidal, cristian01984

• Sarge395
More
20 Sep 2020 18:07 #69231 by Brad2
OK.  Who is Mercy Melody?  And where can one find more of this Supergirl costume?

More
20 Sep 2020 23:19 #69235 by Sarge395
On DeviantArt.  Only one image.  Leave a comment I guess and hope for more

• Sarge395
More
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds