Amount

Superheroinefilms.com

05 May 2009 23:09 #15632 by JonX
Replied by JonX on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Hey all,

I just posted a blog update to do with the latest SuperheroineFilms movie at:

www.supersexyheroines.com/blog/2009/05/s...oinefilmscom-update/

On my blog posts in the past I've always made clear the relationship between myself and the guys at SuperheroineFilms.com.

They are film production guys and I spoke with them a long long time ago about producing some short movies.

So, I lend them my costumes, help them get actors, and also help them out on locations.

In return I am involved in the project and they also edit the short clips found on my website.

So its a nice relationship.

But I must stress (sorry guys!) I have nothing to do with the delays they've been experiencing. Plus there is only so much I can say about the new films they're planning on releasing.

So, you'll be seeing more SuperSexyHeroines.com models appearing in SuperheroineFilms.com movies, and vice-versa.

Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2009 23:24 #15640 by mo
Replied by mo on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com

Well it appears up....question is, have they burned too many bridges for someone here to give a review? :)

ElF

Quite true. And speaking of which (since the forum is back up at this point) ... *taps foot waiting for update on the 4th as per the news post*

I think they are quite more than "one week late" at this point! :P

ElF

I'm going to assume the worst that they mean Tuesday 5th May as that will be one week late.

OK I bought it - although I'm always disapointed when the updates get pushed back, I figure I haven't lost anything as I've only ever subscribed when there's been an update.

I would say the photos do the movie justice - the camera quality is better than the last update and although there isn't much of a story we get what we all want ie unbelivably hot actress with a lot of great super powered attitute wearing a great costume. There's invulnerability, super speed and strength.

Personally I think we should get behind them as much as possible as I think they are only going to get better with experience and if they keep employing actresses as smokin' as the one used in their 3 movies so far - it's gonna be all good right?

More
06 May 2009 23:26 #15641 by mo

Well it appears up....question is, have they burned too many bridges for someone here to give a review? :)

ElF

Quite true. And speaking of which (since the forum is back up at this point) ... *taps foot waiting for update on the 4th as per the news post*

I think they are quite more than "one week late" at this point! :P

ElF

I'm going to assume the worst that they mean Tuesday 5th May as that will be one week late.

OK I bought it - although I'm always disapointed when the updates get pushed back, I figure I haven't lost anything as I've only ever subscribed when there's been an update.

I would say the photos do the movie justice - the camera quality is better than the last update and although there isn't much of a story we get what we all want ie unbelivably hot actress with a lot of great super powered attitute wearing a great costume. There's invulnerability, super speed and strength.

Personally I think we should get behind them as much as possible as I think they are only going to get better with experience and if they keep employing actresses as smokin' as the one used in their 3 movies so far - it's gonna be all good right?

correction that should read as the ones used in the last 3 movies (different ones used each time)

More
07 May 2009 15:12 #15645 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
I hope this was their last big hurdle and they stay on schedule from here on out. I really want to see those movies but want even more to see some sort of stability from the site before I fork over some cash.

I wonder if they read this forum and have a sense of the general theme of us, their potential customers.

More
13 May 2009 16:40 #15695 by bionic25
Replied by bionic25 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
So I guess now you can buy their movies a la carte...

www.clips4sale.com/studio/30030

More
23 May 2009 18:00 #15754 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
I subscribed and was quite pleased. 3 good little videos. Not sure of any updates or when. I cancelled after a month. Time will tell if they have what it takes to stay profitable.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
23 May 2009 18:25 #15755 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
JonX tells me that they've just shot a movie based on a script ("Blind Date") that I wrote for SuperSexyHeroines. (Jon had asked me a few months ago if they could use some of the stories I'd written for SSH, and I said that it was okay with me if it was okay with him. But please note: That's my only connection with SuperHeroineFilms. Don't complain to me about late updates and such!)

I haven't seen footage or screen caps, but Jon sent some pictures of the model (not in costume). She's a beautiful brunette with a lovely smile. I'm looking forward to the video (but I'm not holding my breath) ...

More
24 May 2009 06:32 #15756 by CaptainIrishman
Replied by CaptainIrishman on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com

JonX tells me that they've just shot a movie based on a script ("Blind Date") that I wrote for SuperSexyHeroines. (Jon had asked me a few months ago if they could use some of the stories I'd written for SSH, and I said that it was okay with me if it was okay with him. But please note: That's my only connection with SuperHeroineFilms. Don't complain to me about late updates and such!)

I haven't seen footage or screen caps, but Jon sent some pictures of the model (not in costume). She's a beautiful brunette with a lovely smile. I'm looking forward to the video (but I'm not holding my breath) ...

damnit man you should demand a date with said woman as price for your script

More
24 May 2009 16:10 #15760 by argonaut
I should have hired you as my agent. :)

More
02 Jun 2009 03:58 #15852 by jdrock24
So when will they update this month? Any guesses?

You're options are any date from June 1-30 or "Not this month, hopefully next".

My guess - June 8th (Fingers crossed that it may be sooner. Heck, any date this month would be a step forward.)

More
06 Jun 2009 20:50 #15862 by jdrock24
Well, it looks like my guess was a few days late because they just updated today (June 6).

Let's hope they keep it up and maybe update on July 1st next month like it says on the website.

More
08 Jun 2009 01:19 #15870 by Sarge395
Nice update. A bit short. Hot costume. Good FX. Throatlift, superspeed, superstrength.

Best part was the POV angle of it.

• Sarge395
More
17 Jun 2009 00:08 #15935 by argonaut
I just bought a month's subscription and downloaded the four videos they've produced so far.

I like what I've seen and I feel that I've gotten good value for my money. Overall, the production values are good, the special effects are well done, and the acting is solid to excellent. Most important, of course, the actresses are beautiful and they wear the spandex well.

There's a lot of variety in the story-lines. "The Forger" is a straightforward super-heroine-takes-down-the-bad-guys story. "Intoxication" involves a transfer of power and a confrontation between a good and a bad super-woman. (It put me in mind of some of Marknew's stories.) "The Bracelet" an origin/transformation story, and "Blind Date" shows what happens when an intruder interrupts a super-woman's night out. (Full disclosure: I wrote the script for this one.)

The site got off to a rough start, and lost some good-will among its potential clientele, but if you can spare $25 from your discretionary budget, I recommend signing up for a month. It seems to have gotten back on its feet, and a little support from those of us who have been holding out might give it some momentum.

More
17 Jun 2009 20:28 #15944 by mo
Well said argonaut:)

More
02 Jul 2009 13:39 #16087 by jdrock24

I just bought a month's subscription and downloaded the four videos they've produced so far.

I like what I've seen and I feel that I've gotten good value for my money. Overall, the production values are good, the special effects are well done, and the acting is solid to excellent. Most important, of course, the actresses are beautiful and they wear the spandex well.

There's a lot of variety in the story-lines. "The Forger" is a straightforward super-heroine-takes-down-the-bad-guys story. "Intoxication" involves a transfer of power and a confrontation between a good and a bad super-woman. (It put me in mind of some of Marknew's stories.) "The Bracelet" an origin/transformation story, and "Blind Date" shows what happens when an intruder interrupts a super-woman's night out. (Full disclosure: I wrote the script for this one.)

The site got off to a rough start, and lost some good-will among its potential clientele, but if you can spare $25 from your discretionary budget, I recommend signing up for a month. It seems to have gotten back on its feet, and a little support from those of us who have been holding out might give it some momentum.

Yes. Well said. I enjoyed the movies so far.

I just don't know why it is so hard to update on the 1st like the site says. If you're not going to update on the 1st and rather just monthly, then say that! I'm sorry about the mini rant, this is one of my pet peeves with web sites.

More
02 Jul 2009 16:57 #16088 by jdrock24
Okay, they posted a new movie today (the 2nd) so I'll cut them one day of slack. Haven't seen it yet so I can't comment on it but it says the run time is shorter than the others. I wonder why they are getting shorter?

More
02 Jul 2009 19:16 #16089 by wise_z01
Replied by wise_z01 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
yes it's shorter but still good. But unfortunately it's already getting repetitive after only 5 movies.

More
10 Jul 2009 17:13 #16117 by jdrock24
Okay, I've seen the last one and was a little disappointed by the length. It seems that they could have easily doubled the length and resolved the whole "Hypnotism" angle. I mean, would it have been that difficult to have the bracelet get removed in some way so she become herself again? I can only guess that they have a Part 2 coming up where this happens.

Oh well, if the movies continue to be as short as this one, it will just have to be that much longer before I join again.

More
10 Jul 2009 18:24 #16119 by Scwank
Replied by Scwank on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
I haven't seen it yet. Does that mean it ends with a cliffhanger of sorts? I'm sort of torn. I agree that 4 minutes a month is too short, but if it DOES leave things hanging, at least they didn't do intro, conflict, and resolution in 4 minutes. It gives me hope that when I do join, at least those 4 minutes won't feel rushed.

More
18 Jul 2009 04:04 #16165 by wise_z01
Replied by wise_z01 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
No update until august... their editor is on vacation! that's what it says on the site... so the only recent update was a 4:43 video... for $24.95... no comment....

More
18 Jul 2009 12:59 #16168 by Scwank
The short videos is one thing, but they've always only updated once a month (well, in theory. In reality they missed several in there due to stolen equipment). The next update is only a week delay. I'm just glad to see some communication in advance.

More
18 Jul 2009 14:21 #16169 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
In their defense, I think they mentioned before at the beginning that they would be updating "once a month" so at least they've stayed on course the last few months.

The troubling thing is the continual plummet in the runtimes, which ironically seems to mimic the number of SWM posts per month :P :

13 min
16 min
12.51 min
5:37 min
4:43 min

4:43 minutes worth of movie personally is a little light, especially given that approximately 1 minute is opening/closing credits. I hope its a temporary thing.

The one thing that I still don't get is that when the camera and equipment was stolen, they said they had filmed the next 4 videos. Where are these? Its pretty apparent based on the actors, models, locations, etc (that coincide with SSH recent updates) that these shoots are new. So where is all the other footage? Regardless, the girls do look nice in costume....I just wish they'd try and do something a little out of their comfort zone like PSW and Steeles seem to do more often (e.g. better FX, more complicated storylines, more complicated gaffes, etc) ....

My $.02
ElF

The short videos is one thing, but they've always only updated once a month (well, in theory. In reality they missed several in there due to stolen equipment). The next update is only a week delay. I'm just glad to see some communication in advance.

More
18 Jul 2009 14:52 #16171 by Sarge395
Great research lfan. I subscribed for a month and was not unhappy for doing so. NOT a site I'd pay monthly for with little to no updates or even any communication or forum. They'd be better off with a non subscription program. Better FX (FLYING!) would help them out a lot. Love throatlifts and the usual strength scenes but the technology is getting easier out there. Set yourself apart from the pack.

• Sarge395
More
18 Jul 2009 18:25 #16175 by Scwank
What I'd love to see is an ongoing story that is spread out over 2 or 3 months (as long as that doesn't mean the first month would have no superheroine action).

With all the independent weekly or monthly productions on YouTube, I keep waiting for a superheroine-based one to show up, but no luck so far.

More
18 Jul 2009 19:20 #16177 by jdrock24
Glad to see the warning about the late August update. I'm fine with that as long as they tell us in advance and they actually follow through. It's definitely a step in the right direction.

I've said my piece about the short movies. It seems like they could have made "Wrong Side" a bit longer to actually resolve the "conflict". Oh well, hopefully it's only a one time deal.

More
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds