Amount

Superheroinefilms.com

18 Jul 2009 12:59 #16168 by Scwank
Replied by Scwank on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
The short videos is one thing, but they've always only updated once a month (well, in theory. In reality they missed several in there due to stolen equipment). The next update is only a week delay. I'm just glad to see some communication in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2009 14:21 #16169 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
In their defense, I think they mentioned before at the beginning that they would be updating "once a month" so at least they've stayed on course the last few months.

The troubling thing is the continual plummet in the runtimes, which ironically seems to mimic the number of SWM posts per month :P :

13 min
16 min
12.51 min
5:37 min
4:43 min

4:43 minutes worth of movie personally is a little light, especially given that approximately 1 minute is opening/closing credits. I hope its a temporary thing.

The one thing that I still don't get is that when the camera and equipment was stolen, they said they had filmed the next 4 videos. Where are these? Its pretty apparent based on the actors, models, locations, etc (that coincide with SSH recent updates) that these shoots are new. So where is all the other footage? Regardless, the girls do look nice in costume....I just wish they'd try and do something a little out of their comfort zone like PSW and Steeles seem to do more often (e.g. better FX, more complicated storylines, more complicated gaffes, etc) ....

My $.02
ElF

The short videos is one thing, but they've always only updated once a month (well, in theory. In reality they missed several in there due to stolen equipment). The next update is only a week delay. I'm just glad to see some communication in advance.

More
18 Jul 2009 14:52 #16171 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Great research lfan. I subscribed for a month and was not unhappy for doing so. NOT a site I'd pay monthly for with little to no updates or even any communication or forum. They'd be better off with a non subscription program. Better FX (FLYING!) would help them out a lot. Love throatlifts and the usual strength scenes but the technology is getting easier out there. Set yourself apart from the pack.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
18 Jul 2009 18:25 #16175 by Scwank
What I'd love to see is an ongoing story that is spread out over 2 or 3 months (as long as that doesn't mean the first month would have no superheroine action).

With all the independent weekly or monthly productions on YouTube, I keep waiting for a superheroine-based one to show up, but no luck so far.

More
18 Jul 2009 19:20 #16177 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Glad to see the warning about the late August update. I'm fine with that as long as they tell us in advance and they actually follow through. It's definitely a step in the right direction.

I've said my piece about the short movies. It seems like they could have made "Wrong Side" a bit longer to actually resolve the "conflict". Oh well, hopefully it's only a one time deal.

More
18 Jul 2009 22:21 #16178 by spunk639
Replied by spunk639 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
They have put out a product every month, not making everybody happy they are much more consistent than some other sites that are fly by night with no updates or news for months.

More
08 Aug 2009 17:13 #16346 by patches
Replied by patches on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Stuff get stolen again did it??

More
09 Aug 2009 12:43 #16347 by Scwank
I can live with delays. It is the lack of communication that is killing these guys, and which sometimes seems epidemic in this genre. I don't necessarily mean participating here, but communicating in some way. Nowadays, an online presence with potential customers is essential for almost any business. If I had a site like that, I'd be building interest by blogging or Twittering about how shooting is going, the ups and downs during video editing, how cool it was to work with a particular model, teasers of story ideas, etc. Hey, if they want to give me an inside look or sneak peak at stuff, I'd even do it for them for free.

More
09 Aug 2009 14:40 #16348 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Agreed. I sent them a couple of long emails a while back, pointing out what I thought they were doing right but offering some constructive criticism as well. In particular, I urged them to take a look at this thread to see how they were alienating many potential customers. I never got a reply.

More
09 Aug 2009 18:09 #16349 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
JonX and Bullypup are good examples of how a site's owner can cultivate a good relationship with their customers. We don't need to know everything about their lives, but if they say "Hey, I am going on vacation for two weeks" then hardly anyone complains. Because we all know they do consistent work and will make it up when they get back.

A site owner does not have to become best friends with everyone here but a simple acknowledgment of feedback is critical. I think what amazes me more is the fact that many people who try to start new sites fail to realize this, or bother to take an hour or two out of their week to answer some emails.

More
11 Aug 2009 15:39 #16366 by patches
Replied by patches on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
I just wonder how many bridges they have left to burn? I mean seriously how many more chances are they gonna get? I think it's safe to say that just about everybody who loves this genre comes on this site and reads these posts and i really think they need to wise up and start treating their customers a bit better cause i think they're really wasting it for themselves here.

I agree with scwank about the delays etc, although i'm not going to pretend the delays dont bother me especially when it's with "every release" but it's their lack of communication and attitude that really bothers me.

When they posted on their website about the August update being 7 days late i thought "typical, but at least thay have let us know in advance" and then shock horror :shock: it's now August 11th with still no update and what makes it even better is that it STILL says on their page that they will be updating on the 7th.

Personally i dont think this site will last much longer if they continue with this charade as it's becoming very clear that they just dont give a toss!

More
11 Aug 2009 19:26 #16369 by mo
Replied by mo on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
It is poor and such a shame as those models and costumes are superb. Personaly, Ive found the best way around it is to not subscribe for a couple of months and then just pay when a new movie appears and then just cancel so I'm not disapointed when they're late with the next update. I really hope they keep it going

More
12 Aug 2009 00:49 #16372 by Scwank
I hope they keep it going too, and had planned to subscribe, which is why the utter lack of communication is such a bummer.

More
12 Aug 2009 20:23 #16374 by gooner
Replied by gooner on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Just to let you know, the site has now been updated.

This vid stars Miss Power and last 11 mins.

Await feedback on this film.

Gooner :wink:

More
13 Aug 2009 06:44 #16376 by derekh37
Replied by derekh37 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
why oh why don't these guys take paypal? i don't have a credit card but would join if they took paypal i'm sure others would as well

• derekh37
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Aug 2009 02:03 #16377 by kaorg
Replied by kaorg on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
You can join via CCBill (same with supersexyheroines.com) and they allow Debit Cards. It does not have to strictly be a Credit Card as I do not own one either.

More
14 Aug 2009 07:09 #16378 by derekh37

You can join via CCBill (same with supersexyheroines.com) and they allow Debit Cards. It does not have to strictly be a Credit Card as I do not own one either.

does that include uk debit cards?

• derekh37
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Aug 2009 00:28 #16383 by Scwank
I went ahead and subscribed, mostly because I wanted to support the site. Vicky Lloyd is hot. If you like a story where the supergirl is in control the entire time and gets to show off her strength, then you'll like this. If you like a challenge, or some twists, then you may want to sit this one out. Not much more to say. The story involves a debt collector of sorts interrupting a photo shoot, and a certain girl stepping in to save the day.

One gripe I have with most of the videos on the site is that secret identities don't seem to amount to much- the ladies seem to frequently transform right in front of the bad guy. What's the point of having a secret identity if you're going to do that? Or perhaps the idea is that they don't have secret identities?

More
17 Aug 2009 12:35 #16403 by mo
I subscribed - Vicki Lloyd is extremely hot : ) I've enjoyed all of the movies so far - although personally I'm hoping for a supervillainess vs supergirl story at some point: )

When I subscribed, there was a message saying that they will be changing the way the movies will be sold and to cancel subscriptions before the end of this monthly cycle. Sounds like they do check out this site....

More
29 Aug 2009 15:39 #16573 by jdrock24

When I subscribed, there was a message saying that they will be changing the way the movies will be sold and to cancel subscriptions before the end of this monthly cycle. Sounds like they do check out this site....

Oh oh. That doesn't sound good. I wonder what "the new plan" is. If they are going to charge "per movie", I hope it's reasonable.

Personally, I think that they're present system is fine if they would just keep up with it. But I guess that's not up to me.

More
29 Aug 2009 21:35 #16576 by derekh37
would be excellent if they did this and took paypal. i'd sign up straight away

• derekh37
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Sep 2009 13:46 #16678 by jdrock24
Well, here it is the 8th and no update. I guess they were serious about "changing the way the movies will be sold".

Knowing their track record, I wonder how long it will take them to get the site redesigned, up and running, with a new movie posted? I'm guessing a couple of months at the earliest.

More
11 Sep 2009 23:03 #16713 by mo
Looks like they've changed it to pay per movie. Probably for the best I reckon - I look forward to the next one:)

More
11 Sep 2009 23:23 #16714 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Yikes! I'd think about their pricing as well.....the girls look great but their "dollar per minute" is a good bit higher than the shorts from PSW or the Steele's latest endeavour.

They definitely have the girls and the costumes, but I wish they'd get a little more elaborate on the effects rather than the same ones each time. Hopefully, thise new re-launch will help them turn a corner.

My $.02
ElF

More
12 Sep 2009 00:36 #16715 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: Superheroinefilms.com
Wow, $15 for 5 minutes of some cosplayers on home video. Sorry, if it sounds too harsh but it really is a terrible deal.

More
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds