Amount

CultRetro.com Updates - AC Comics

24 Feb 2010 18:07 #18345 by accomics
Replied by accomics on topic Re: CultRetro.com Updates - AC Comics

Am thinking they are basing production decisions on "public opinion"

We've gone through the forum here and checked out some of what's popular. Seems to be primarily supergirl powers, so well stick with that to start with... flying, invulnerability, strength, heat vision, superbreath, etc... though we're likely to give it our own spin.

how about a pulp-style film in the vein of those B&W serials from the 30's and 40's? You could do a female version of Indiana Jones

That pretty much describes Nyoka. In fact, there's a black and white version of it on the DVD. You should check that one out if you're interested in that sort of thing.

We have a modern-day jungle girl already (Tara) in the comics, so we would save that angle for her. That's one of the complications with doing another jungle girl. Don't want to tread on Nyoka or Tara's territory. Needs to be something fresh and distinct from those two, but I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Maybe give her an exotic pet

You're overestimating our budget, which is microscopic. No animals, unless it's maybe my cat, but he can't act. I would LOVE to put Nyoka on a horse.

a She-Cat feature could be made on a similiar budget and be awesome

We have met with an acrobat/contortionist that works at Disney and she's gorgeous. But as previously mentioned, future movies depends upon the success of the current release. We have no money to throw around.

I'd much rather see Yankee Girl live action before Ms. Victory

I would be content with either one. Just need to find an actress... that we can afford... in Florida...

Later,
AC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• accomics
  • accomics's Avatar Topic Author
More
24 Feb 2010 21:08 #18347 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Re: CultRetro.com Updates - AC Comics
Great news on the Supergirlesque film, I'd certainly buy that. As many have mentioned, I'd also love to see Ms V immortalised in film, possibly with Rad? here's hoping. Fingers crossed that you find the right actress and future sales are good :D

More
25 Feb 2010 01:49 #18349 by djitters19
Replied by djitters19 on topic Stormy Tempest Unmasked
I just watched the video and that it was very good. Each one of your efforts seems to be better than the last. Nicole is great as Stormy but she be even better with super-powers! I'd like to see her return to the Nyoka role as well but I understand your budget constraints Thanks and keep up the great work!

More
26 Feb 2010 23:10 #18359 by accomics

I'd also love to see Ms V immortalised in film, possibly with Rad?

If we do a Ms. V film, it will most likely be her origin paired with the Black Commando as a villian. Their histories are tied together and serve as the foundation for the entire AC universe. A sequel would most likely involve Rad... though perhaps not with a mohawk.

I just watched the video and that it was very good.

Thanks for your support, djitters19!!!

Nicole is great as Stormy but she be even better with super-powers! I'd like to see her return to the Nyoka role

We've considered casting Nicola Rae as Yankee Girl. I think she'd be great, but we've already used her for Stormy and Nyoka. What do you guys think? Does that matter?

We are VERY proud of the way Nyoka turned out and we won't do it again until we can improve upon the original. We've already resurrected Satan the Gorilla... so in my mind... the best way to crank Nyoka up to a new level would be to resurrect Vultura (the old serial villainess) as well. Nyoka versus the Crimson Skull, his henchman, Satan the Gorilla AND Vultura. Now THAT would be cool!

• accomics
More
26 Feb 2010 23:54 #18360 by djitters19
Replied by djitters19 on topic Nyoka, Yankee Girl and Ms. V
Sounds great! Nyoka and the Tigermen is one of my favorite Republic Serials( available, I'll helpfully add, at cultretro.com). Live-action Ms V, Yankee Girl, Nyoka! Say, do you have an advancement down payment plan? :)

More
27 Feb 2010 03:57 #18361 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: CultRetro.com Updates - AC Comics

We've considered casting Nicola Rae as Yankee Girl. I think she'd be great, but we've already used her for Stormy and Nyoka. What do you guys think? Does that matter?

Not to me in the least.....personally, I think she would do Ms Mason justice!

ElF

More
27 Feb 2010 10:49 #18362 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Re: CultRetro.com Updates - AC Comics
I think she'd make a great Yankee Girl. It wouldn't matter to me that she's also played other characters.

More
05 Mar 2010 21:23 #18406 by accomics
Thanks for the Yankee Girl feedback. We'll have to give it a shot next time we film with Nicola Rae. Costume designs are already in progress!

Later,
AC

• accomics
More
06 Mar 2010 05:44 #18407 by eavatar
Replied by eavatar on topic Re: CultRetro.com Updates - AC Comics
Had you pondered use the CBR or CBZ format for online your comics? It is quite popular among the persons who usually read comicbooks on their computers (and all plataforms has free cbr or cbz readers)

Going ahead is the only one way to go to the future.

More
06 Apr 2010 15:22 #18712 by accomics
Replied by accomics on topic Bloodfiend from Outer Space
Howdy all!

OK, this one's possibly off topic... unless the supernatural abilities of a vampire count as "super powers", but anyway...

Our latest release has been a loooong time in the making... over 38 years! It combines some of Bill Black's earliest filmmaking efforts from his days at FSU shooting on 16mm film with more recent digital footage of Maria Paris (our Blue Bulleteer) shot in 2006. If you've been following AC Comics at all over the years we've been talking about the making of this one for... well.. about as long as AC Comics has been around. We finally put a superHERO on film this time also in the form of The Shade, an older character created for Paragon Publications.

The YouTube trailer was banned, but we'll keep a copy posted on our website:
Click Here for the trailer, or to download

Here's the official product description for the film:
Sexy vampire vixens run amok under the influence of an alien menace known as Sangor, the Bloodfiend from Outer Space! Maria Paris stars as Angela Barcroft, a haunted woman with a mysterious past. Is she a victim? Is she delusional? Or is she something far more sinister? Under investigation by the Department of Homeland Security who believe her to be a terrorist, Angela is questioned by Dr. Chaney (Lawrence Benjamin) who struggles to uncover the truth. How can this seemingly young woman have such vivid recollections from over 30 years in the past? Who is the masked vigilante known as the Shade and why does he protect her? And if Angela truly IS a vampire… then how is she running around in broad daylight? Bloodfiend from Outer Space combines alien abductions, vampire catfights, government conspiracies and comic book adventure to create an atmospheric horror experience unlike any other. Produced, written and directed by Bill Black over the course of the last 38 years… and available now for the first time ever!

Here's the pics!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Thanks for looking!
AC

• accomics
More
30 Apr 2010 18:07 #18934 by accomics
Replied by accomics on topic Bikini Bloodbait - new from CultRetro.com
Howdy!

CultRetro.com has just released the long awaited Bikini Bloodbait! Over 38 years in the making! This is quite possibly the first independent superheroine flick EVER made (or would have been if it had been released at the time) with some scenes originally filmed back in the 1970's on 16mm. There's also more modern fun stuff in there as well to serve as bridging sequences. It features Synn from the Femforce, though this was filmed BEFORE Femforce ever existed.

Synn flies, teleports and uses her mental abilities... not to mention runs through the woods in a bikini while being chased by a madman.

You can check out the TRAILER or download the film here:
cultretro.com/index.php?main_page=produc...&products_id=125

Here's the official description:
The stage is set for the action-packed conclusion to the Sangor Syndrome as the final chapter kicks off with a vicious vampire catfight! Sangor the Bloodfiend from Outer Space accelerates his plans for world domination by sending his growing army of sexy vampire babes to assassinate the unsuspecting victims that stand in the his way. Only the masked vigilante known as The Shade can stop the Bloodfiend’s evil scheme! The Shade must enlist the help of Synn, a mysterious superheroine with amazing mental powers. Synn and the Shade join forces to battle the alien menace at a train station in a spectacular battle that nearly costs Synn her life. The Shade then devises a daring plan to locate Sangor’s hidden base of operations, but if the plan is to succeed Synn must first pose as a defenseless bikini-clad victim and get herself captured by the villains! It all comes together in yet another dynamic fight sequence that begins in Sangor’s underground lair, continues into outer space, and concludes with an out-of-control, crash-landing spacecraft! Don’t miss Bill Black’s FIRST superheroine film! Don’t miss Maria (Blue Bulleteer) Paris and Brenna (Garganta) Barry as hot vampire babes! Don’t miss the sensational Synn running through the woods in a bikini while being chased by a deranged lunatic! All this and more! Comic book adventure and horror collide in Bikini Bloodbait, Bill Black’s epic action film over 38 years in the making! Watch it today! This download begins with a quick recap of Bloodfiend from Outer Space, telling you everything you need to know to enjoy Bikini Bloodbait on its own.

And here's some pics:

Thanks for lookin' and we hope you enjoy the show!

AC

• accomics
More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds