Amount

At The Bright Empire....

04 Nov 2018 10:25 #61875 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic At The Bright Empire....
Happy Birthday Brantley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 23:56 - 21 Oct 2019 23:57 #65353 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic At The Bright Empire....
aurorawritersgroup.tripod.com/

Just noticed that ALL the links at the AUWG page are dead now, even those that should be live (as with infinitybridhe.net as well as my own site). Must be at Tripod's end. Maybe the "dead" sites that are still live could be given links here. Can't update links at Bright Empire because the site has been frozen since March 2018.

--Brantley
Last edit: 21 Oct 2019 23:57 by brantley.

• brantley
  • brantley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
20 Feb 2020 11:49 #66869 by guimachajo1
Replied by guimachajo1 on topic At The Bright Empire....
Excuse me, Mr. Brantley, where I can find your novel "COUNTDOWN TO HISTORY". Thank you.

More
22 Feb 2020 13:49 #66894 by brantley
Never got around to finishing it, and haven't done any new AU fiction since my website froze two years ago.  There doesn't seem to be much interest in my version of the AU any more. As you know, Shadar has a new take on it in Kiraling.

--Brantley
The following user(s) said Thank You: guimachajo1

• brantley
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 Feb 2020 15:15 #66895 by guimachajo1
I have followed your stories for years and I love them. especially related to new iberia or alisa stories.When your website was frozen, it was like a catastrophe, because there are stories that when you are incomplete you feel orphaned.
and what I want to know if it's hung somewhere. Your story will watch in World War 2.
ah, what about Ben Shaffer from Scrunbes Golden planet such conquered me in such a way that I would not know what to say or do if it happened to me.

Sometimes I can think of new story lines or stories of what would happen if ... and it makes me want to send private messages, to you or the creator of all this, but for that reason and because they can be considered silly I don't do it, Not to bother him.I hope one day to read new stories or new chapters of the incomplete stories of your website.
Thank you for answering Mr. Brantley.

More
23 Feb 2020 22:25 #66921 by marcoasalazarm2
Replied by marcoasalazarm2 on topic At The Bright Empire....
You're kidding me, right? The AU is always interesting, any version.

More
24 Feb 2020 05:30 #66928 by guimachajo1
True, the Aurora universe is interesting in any version, from the original tales of Aurora, through the stories of Kara and Xara, and company. following those of LInith and FAre (I would like to read how the story continues after the recovery of LInith and the issue of kiraling between FAre and cat). going through the story of Julie, and finally those of Bright empire.the fact of how to know how the story continues has to do with my childhood and read comics, how my father and I could not buy them continuously, but from year to year when I read them, I always found that the hero or the hero's girlfriend and / or friend was in mortal danger or in a mortal situation and when he found again that ys was not in one place but in another and in a new adventure.
 Hence, when I read the stories of both the Aurora or superwomenmania universe, I want to read more and know what happens,
if the couple is still in a relationship, or if in a family meeting, the two sisters with superpowers face each other again or have the little sister do it. or gomo continues the story of julie or alisa going through first books the books Part Three - Journey to Velor and
Part Four - A Goddess Comes. etc
The Aurora universe is interesting and addictive. Enviar comenta

More
04 Jun 2020 15:06 - 04 Jun 2020 15:07 #68260 by brantley
Been two and a half months since any posts here. There was a jump in hits last month for my frozen site, to 12,411. Maybe just one more effect of the COVID crisis. For the first time in ages, Evelyn York's "Fit for a Supergirl" is NOT the most popular story of the week; it's Joe Haley's "In the Imagicon." Long-term, it's my own Empress of the Dawn

--Brantley
Last edit: 04 Jun 2020 15:07 by brantley.

• brantley
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
04 Jun 2020 18:31 - 04 Jun 2020 18:33 #68262 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic At The Bright Empire....
Nice to hear from you, Brantley, and glad your old stories and one's you've published on your site are still getting reads. 

I have no clue whether any of my old Aurora Universe stuff still gets readers. I'm always looking forward to the next dozen stories that crowd into my head, hoping I can at least get one finished enough to share it. 

Right now my time is going into a story that's a mashup of the AU and DC comics on an alternate Earth. Basically, a man from Earth, who knows nothing of any life beyond our atmosphere, comes into possession of a Frau'liset. He lives in a version of our world where Superman, Supergirl and Wonder Woman also live. 

This Fraul is an old combat chassis model from the Vendorian/Arion war (a very long time ago), who is basically a cyborg where all the biological parts are Velorian. She was designed by the Vendorians to kill Primes, but the Vendorians still lost the war. Since that long-ago war, she's served dozens of patrons for hundreds of years. Patrons she's obligated to obey -- mostly anyway. 

So if you (mostly) controlled a cyborg that looked Velorian on the outside and was Vendorian steel and cybernetics on the inside, and you lived on a world with superheroes and the evil LuthorCorp and way too many nukes and other such weapons, what would you do with her?  And what would Superman and his ilk in turn do with her? Or with you? 

Anyway, those questions and more are what I'm trying to answer in my story. So far, I'm enjoying working in this crossover type of story space. 

Shadar
Last edit: 04 Jun 2020 18:33 by shadar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, mechjok

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
05 Jun 2020 17:57 #68265 by brantley
I've lost track of the number of stories you've started and....

I had one story left to write for The Bright Empire, the one where Kevin would tell what happened on Tazzi after Vespyr sends Alexios as a false agent provocateur. But I couldn't think up the plot details, so I never even began to write it.

• brantley
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
05 Jun 2020 18:59 #68266 by shadar

brantley wrote: I've lost track of the number of stories you've started and....

I had one story left to write for The Bright Empire, the one where Kevin would tell what happened on Tazzi after Vespyr sends Alexios as a false agent provocateur. But I couldn't think up the plot details, so I never even began to write it.

I know, I know. I rarely finish anything.

Which is why I decided a few months ago to stop posting anything on SWM until a story has come to a Full Stop and is ready to post, in however many episodes necessary. I want a decent ending, written and in the bag, before I start posting Part One. Hopefully that will be more satisfying for readers. 

Which also means it may be weeks or months more before this new story is ready. But no more half finished stories for me.  

It's my number one New Year's Resolution for 2020. 

Shadar

• shadar
More
16 Jun 2020 04:01 #68366 by mechjok
Replied by mechjok on topic At The Bright Empire....
Right now my time is going into a story that's a mashup of the AU and DC comics on an alternate Earth. Basically, a man from Earth, who knows nothing of any life beyond our atmosphere, comes into possession of a Frau'liset. He lives in a version of our world where Superman, Supergirl and Wonder Woman also live. 

This Fraul is an old combat chassis model from the Vendorian/Arion war (a very long time ago), who is basically a cyborg where all the biological parts are Velorian. She was designed by the Vendorians to kill Primes, but the Vendorians still lost the war. Since that long-ago war, she's served dozens of patrons for hundreds of years. Patrons she's obligated to obey -- mostly anyway. 

So if you (mostly) controlled a cyborg that looked Velorian on the outside and was Vendorian steel and cybernetics on the inside, and you lived on a world with superheroes and the evil LuthorCorp and way too many nukes and other such weapons, what would you do with her?  And what would Superman and his ilk in turn do with her? Or with you? 

Anyway, those questions and more are what I'm trying to answer in my story. So far, I'm enjoying working in this crossover type of story space. 

Shadar[/quote]

STOP. READING. MY. MIND!!!!

When I started to rewrite Last of The Fallen, something terribly akin to this idea came to me. Pilgrim's Crossing is now begging to be written,
Granted, it's set in AU- Fallen, but still...
Get out of my head, man. It's already too crowded in there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar

More
16 Jun 2020 20:37 - 16 Jun 2020 20:40 #68381 by shadar

mechjok wrote: Right now my time is going into a story that's a mashup of the AU and DC comics on an alternate Earth. Basically, a man from Earth, who knows nothing of any life beyond our atmosphere, comes into possession of a Frau'liset. He lives in a version of our world where Superman, Supergirl and Wonder Woman also live. 

Shadar

STOP. READING. MY. MIND!!!!

When I started to rewrite Last of The Fallen, something terribly akin to this idea came to me. Pilgrim's Crossing is now begging to be written,
Granted, it's set in AU- Fallen, but still...
Get out of my head, man. It's already too crowded in there.

Ah.... maybe great minds work alike? It's my only excuse. <grin>

While that story isn't done, I do have a completed Episode Six of Little Krypton to publish this weekend. 

The battle between Maxima's daughter, Alexana, and the former Dumb Bunny, Athena Tremor, along with Alec who tries to lead the effort. Basically, battling on the side of Good are the folks who are immune to Green K, who have the unenviable job of taking down Alexana, who is half Almeracian and half Kryptonian. .  

And if Alec survives the battle, then perhaps he'll have earned a place in this family of Kryptonains. That's a tough group to break into and gain some respect when you're merely human!!

Fortunately, the El family on Earth has a tradition of respecting the bravery and selflessness of ordinary people.

On the other hand, Maxima's daughter and her slave-owning Almeracian Empire... not so much. Especially after we discover who her father really is. 

Shadar
Last edit: 16 Jun 2020 20:40 by shadar.

• shadar
More
04 Jul 2020 12:08 - 04 Jul 2020 12:11 #68537 by brantley
Hits took a big hit last ,month, from 12,411 to 5,963 -- maybe the robots are no longer sending people here...

--Brantley
Last edit: 04 Jul 2020 12:11 by brantley.

• brantley
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
05 Jul 2020 19:32 #68547 by brantley
Nothing new to show for myself, as you already knew.

But there might be some of you who haven't read what is probably still my best AU story, Throne of the Gods (2003):

www.brightempire.com/Throneofthegods.htm

It came out swell before there was an SWM.,or the version of The Bright Empire that debuted in 2005.  I put a lot of thought and a lot feeling and a lot of sweat into it......

--Brantley 

• brantley
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Jul 2020 17:36 #68613 by brantley
Turns out there wasn't a big drop after all. Hostway stopped collecting stats in the middle of June. Zero from now on.

Wayback Machine won't work on the Yahoo Aurora Readers Groiup, so all the discussion there from 2003 to 2019 is gone for good. Bummer!

--Brantley

• brantley
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
01 Oct 2020 18:17 #69423 by brantley
Robots must be really busy -- 16,000 hits for September versus 12,000 in August and 7,000.in july.  Nothing new in the AU, from me or Shadar or anyone else I know of.

• brantley
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds