Amount

Supersexyheroines

07 Feb 2012 05:03 #26126 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
I'm not and never have been a member of this site but i have to say that the problems presented give me a great deal of concern. It looks to me that it's a cash flow problem, what i mean by that is JonX has not enough cash to hire models for shoots and is using subcripton fees over a period of months to build up enough cash to hire the models and do the shoots and produce content for a limited time. My feeling is that he should re-look at his business plan and see if the bank will loan him the necessary funds to relaunch the site with new material and use that to attract new members who can help his cash flow problems out. If he's unable or unwilling then the best cause of action for him is to shut his site down and look at a new direction for his creative talent.

This is no way a slight on him or his site but a outsider looking in at issues that are commented on in this thread.

Fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Feb 2012 23:03 #26142 by sonic7
Replied by sonic7 on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
The same thing happened to me, after months of paying for extremely late updates or no updates at all, i decided to let it expire and now when updates finally arrive…..which i’ve already paid for……i don’t have access to them. It’s an absolute disgrace Jon you should be ashamed of yourself!!

I also commented on this issue in the last blog update on ssh but my comment is conveniently still “awaiting moderation”.

More
09 Feb 2012 01:23 #26144 by mo
Replied by mo on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
Hi guys - I would suggest just not subscribing until you see that enough updates have been made to make it worth your while. That's what I do and that way I'm never disappointed.

I've just been checking out the last 3 comics or so that I'd not seen yet and I gotta say that the content is incredible : )

More
09 Feb 2012 08:24 #26147 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
I agree. Best content - hottest chicks on the net. Wait a month or 2 or 3. Subscribe and then cancel and wait again. It's really not that big of a deal

I'm actually kinda shocked how much flak this guy gets.

More
09 Feb 2012 19:15 #26151 by kikass
Replied by kikass on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
I have to agree. I just cancel and subscribe once I feel there is enough content for me to justify the price. It really is that simple.

I think the content is fantastic - great girls, costumes and scenarios. Would be better if the updates came as they should (monthly), but by canceling and resubbing every so often, I never feel cheated or angry at the guy.

Peace.

More
12 Feb 2012 17:06 #26186 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
I agree with the idea of ​​a "pay per view". I've always been interested in this website but I've never wanted to buy because it's a subscription.

More
17 Feb 2012 11:58 #26279 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
I just joined up again. I have to say that Jon has fantastic actresses for his photo shoots and I couldn't resist once I saw his previews on the blog. Dark Star is so gorgeous from the story "Time Travel" and I would love to see more of her in the catsuit she wears in the first chapter. To Jon's credit it has to be hard handling something like that and all the sites he has.

He should just put everything under the banner of Supersexyheroines.com

Have a comics section, film section, gallery section and (dare I say it) his peril section.

I'd love some way to contribute to help him out and I am really dying to see one of those girls in another superheroinefilms.com movie.

I may PM him to give him some support and ideas.

More
15 Mar 2012 18:27 - 15 Mar 2012 18:27 #26610 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
Has anyone seen supersexyheroines.com recently? Or one of the other sites, for that matter. Seems they all redirect to one page that gives an overview over Jon's different websites, but you can't seem to get to the actuall pages anymore. Clicking on "Visit website" for any of them only brings me back to the overview. It seems to be hosted on all the domains. The blog at www.supersexyheroines.com/blog/ doesn't have anything to say to this.

I was thinking about purchasing another membership, but wanted to check how many updates there were since my last one. I didn't have the motivation to send him an email yet ;) Does anyone know something?
Last edit: 15 Mar 2012 18:27 by Esteban.

More
15 Mar 2012 18:36 #26611 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
JonX being elusive? SSH having production problems? Say it isn't so! :P Caveat Emptor....

More
16 Mar 2012 00:46 #26613 by italy877
Replied by italy877 on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :laugh:

I still can't figure out what's so hard in updating these sites!! If you need help hire help...if you can't afford to hire help give them a percentage of the take!! It's better than not updating or updating randomly!! Jon we love ya and you have great content and very beautiful models bit how long can you keep going like this???

• italy877
  • italy877's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 Mar 2012 06:02 - 16 Mar 2012 06:03 #26618 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
It's really strange, even sad maybe. But we shouldn't get too emotionally involved, we shouldn't feel frustrated and "let down" when the updates don't come as announced/promised (except for those who have a running membership), because that way nobody would have to react cynically. I don't think that this is of any help for Jon (no offense italy877), but at the same time Jon doesn't seem to ask anyone for help. Well, I don't know if the guys who appear in the comics maybe help him out, and the current overview-page says that he doesn't create all the content on his own.
I think I'll totally agree on your point: I don't understand what the problem at the superheroinenetwork is ;)

I bet he has a job besides this one, and surely even a life ^^. But it would be nice to know if he just doesn't have enough time, or determination, or if the retouching that he does really takes so long.

I wish him all the best and hope that he doesn't shut his business down, I really like his stuff - aside from all the "delayed updates" and "questionable payment model" problems.
Last edit: 16 Mar 2012 06:03 by Esteban.

More
19 Mar 2012 20:07 #26696 by JonX
Replied by JonX on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
Hey all, I think those last few posts are a little unfair!

Just posted on the blog about this problem with actually getting to the websites:
superheroinenetwork.com/blog/2012/03/dns-what/

Its a problem with the DNS which seems to have just magically changed. Hosting company giving me advice on how to fix.

I'm still not sure why I've got such a bad name. Sure, I hold my hands up and say that my updates to SuperSexyHeroines.com aren't always on time, but the vast majority are, and I've been doing this for about five years now.

With the UltraSexyHeroines, SuperheroineFilms and SuperheroinePeril, I don't do the editing. I look after the websites. So when I say that a film is coming soon, that's what I've been told and I pass on that message.

So, LaraFan, just to address my elusiveness, its because I now don't like telling people when stuff is coming out because I get let down, and in return I let down others.

Plus, if I'm honest I don't really enjoy partaking in discussion because I just get abuse! Of course, if I'm late with SuperSexyHeroines.com I'll take that on the chin and accept it. But with the films, I have no control over that at the moment.

... but... I may soon have more control over the films. I'm working out something with those guys. There are about 8-10 films that are unedited and I'm going to invest some cash into getting someone edit them. But this isn't an overnight job, and for that reason I'm not going to give any further date details.

To answer questions on my private life and production staff:

- I have a job, yes, and I'm away from home a LOT. I only get to edit comics when at home because I cannot use my work laptop.

- I get no help on a day-to-day. I put all production together myself - finding locations, models, preparing scripts, equipment, etc. Why don't I get help? Because there isn't any profit to do this. I absolutely LOVE doing this - its my hobby and my passion. The reason there are delays is because I'm not the head of a production house.

- Help with comics - I get help from people like DF Fan and Daubster. These guys are ultra-talented and I only wish they could do more on the site. But I can't afford them all the time because they have to work to feed their familys too. I'm just grateful that they are able to spare a few hours - more than anything I just love seeing how DF Fan and Daubster take my photos and then turn it into a completely different story than I would've thought.

- Help with scripts - you all know that via www.superheroinenetwork.com/submit people are able to
submit scripts. These are INVALUABLE. Superheroine fans then give me nuggets of detail that I can then incorporate into stories.

So... that's where I am. :)

Trying to sort out the DNS issue with the domain names today. Will update on the site.

I really want to contribute more on this forum because its the best one out there. But because I'm pretty much always the bearer of bad news, I don't bother! But I'll try to more because its great getting feedback off you guys.

More
19 Mar 2012 21:08 - 19 Mar 2012 21:10 #26700 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
Let me first respond by saying that I think your models and costumes are top-notch -- prob the best (at least top 2) in the genre. If I'm being honest, I think your customer service and communication falls unfortunately at the other end of the spectrum. That said, I was a little snarky -- and not very helpful -- in my comment, and for that I apologize. My responses below are hopefully a little more "constructive"

JonX wrote: Hey all, I think those last few posts are a little unfair!

Just posted on the blog about this problem with actually getting to the websites:
superheroinenetwork.com/blog/2012/03/dns-what/

Its a problem with the DNS which seems to have just magically changed. Hosting company giving me advice on how to fix.

The fact that you site has been down for at least 4 days and you're just posting now about it, kinda illustrates the venom that is being spewed, I think, by some members. And not just here -- over at SHQ they are saying the same thing. If you choose not to have your own message board, the least (I would think) you could do is post somethign here and/or at SHQ.com. Bully Pup and Random have similar issues -- and also have other FT jobs, if I'm not mistaken -- however, they still manage to keep the users informed, often as soon as the site goes down. I would think you could do the same, ESPECIALLY in light of the fact that your site is on a "clock" with subscription-based content.

JonX wrote: I'm still not sure why I've got such a bad name. Sure, I hold my hands up and say that my updates to SuperSexyHeroines.com aren't always on time, but the vast majority are, and I've been doing this for about five years now.

With the UltraSexyHeroines, SuperheroineFilms and SuperheroinePeril, I don't do the editing. I look after the websites. So when I say that a film is coming soon, that's what I've been told and I pass on that message.

I don't keep track of things to the letter, but for the past several months, your updates have been anything but on time. While your website records the update dates, these are routinely "backloaded" which may be a product of your CMS, but while it gives the impression of consecutive weeks of updating, it really isn't the same. Once again, this is exacerbated with the subscription model you have.

Concerning the movies, while you may not provide the editing, you DO own the product (as least based on public perception). Delays happen, but it seems to be commonplace when it comes to the videos. Personally, I have no issue whatsoever with the video sites since they are pay per download, though I do still remembering your hype of videos for the main SSH site (at first launch and then again at re-launch) and wonder what happened to that concept.

JonX wrote: So, LaraFan, just to address my elusiveness, its because I now don't like telling people when stuff is coming out because I get let down, and in return I let down others.

Plus, if I'm honest I don't really enjoy partaking in discussion because I just get abuse! Of course, if I'm late with SuperSexyHeroines.com I'll take that on the chin and accept it. But with the films, I have no control over that at the moment.

Again, I apologize for the snarkiness, but I think I've touched on my explanation of being "elusive". I personally think the customers (and potential customers) at least deserve an explanation. I understand the idea of no one wanting to be a chew toy on the forums, and it becomes demoralizing. My goal isn't to pile on here....

JonX wrote: ... but... I may soon have more control over the films. I'm working out something with those guys. There are about 8-10 films that are unedited and I'm going to invest some cash into getting someone edit them. But this isn't an overnight job, and for that reason I'm not going to give any further date details.

Good news! I think it's prudent not to give a definitive date! :)

JonX wrote: To answer questions on my private life and production staff:

- I have a job, yes, and I'm away from home a LOT. I only get to edit comics when at home because I cannot use my work laptop.

- I get no help on a day-to-day. I put all production together myself - finding locations, models, preparing scripts, equipment, etc. Why don't I get help? Because there isn't any profit to do this. I absolutely LOVE doing this - its my hobby and my passion. The reason there are delays is because I'm not the head of a production house.

- Help with comics - I get help from people like DF Fan and Daubster. These guys are ultra-talented and I only wish they could do more on the site. But I can't afford them all the time because they have to work to feed their familys too. I'm just grateful that they are able to spare a few hours - more than anything I just love seeing how DF Fan and Daubster take my photos and then turn it into a completely different story than I would've thought.

- Help with scripts - you all know that via www.superheroinenetwork.com/submit people are able to
submit scripts. These are INVALUABLE. Superheroine fans then give me nuggets of detail that I can then incorporate into stories.

So... that's where I am. :)

I think we all understand that you (and everyone else) has a life outside of SSH. It is clear that you have a PASSION for superheroines, but if you are taking in money, its no longer a "hobby", it's a biz. I think that is the disconnect with peoples' attitude towards the lack of updates and communciation, but maybe I'm wrong....

JonX wrote: Trying to sort out the DNS issue with the domain names today. Will update on the site.

I really want to contribute more on this forum because its the best one out there. But because I'm pretty much always the bearer of bad news, I don't bother! But I'll try to more because its great getting feedback off you guys.

I hope everything works out, I really do...I think the more content and producers we have, the better! I hope you post more and I welcome your responses and updates -- good or bad....

Cheers
ElF
Last edit: 19 Mar 2012 21:10 by lfan.

More
19 Mar 2012 22:25 #26701 by JonX
Hey man, thanks for the reply.
Yeah, I pretty much agree with you on most points - I think communication is my main failing, and I'm thinking of how to rectify that, especially when I'm away and without an internet connection.

With the SSH website, it really is normally updated on time. Yep, you're right that I've a basic CMS and this snaps things into place, but I guess that even if 10 out of 52 updates are late, the perception is that the site is constantly late.

I'll take that - I'd think the same.

The annoying thing is that I've some really good stuff here on hard drives. The problem is the time to process it all, and also the time to clear my inbox. I'm not keen on outside help (apart from DF Fan and Daubster), and with the videos I'm beholden to others.

It's a quandary.

I think I may start back on here too. I'm not on superheroinehq.com because there is some guy on there that constantly trolls me, insulting me, my family, etc. Its not pleasant.

Anyhow, thanks for the post back. Appreciate the feedback. I know the problems and I've a free week next week to get some stuff up and running.

Currently working on 'Superwoman Tease' for the superheroineperil.com website - gotta tell you that its pretty damn sexy.

Oh... and if anyone is interested, I'm going to be sending out a newsletter soon with details on how to download some FREE video footage. Maybe that's one way of keeping in touch with people.

Thanks lfan.

More
19 Mar 2012 22:45 #26702 by fats
i would like to add that if jon or any other site that is represented here needs extra help on their site then i would be happy to help, just because i've done a lot of work on this site does not mean that i'm not willing or able to help out with other sites.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Mar 2012 23:59 #26703 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Re: Supersexyheroines

JonX wrote: With the SSH website, it really is normally updated on time. Yep, you're right that I've a basic CMS and this snaps things into place, but I guess that even if 10 out of 52 updates are late, the perception is that the site is constantly late.

If it is 10 out of 52 I would/have been ok with that. The problem it is closer to 30 out of 52 sorry to say. When the sites is updated, there is 4+ updates at once with back dating so it "looks" like they been there. I pointed that out to you once before and you said it was how you keept track of updates. I understand how life gets to people. It is why I was a member for 2+ years even with the late of updates.

I'm sorry to hear about the trolling. That does not help anything and just make people feel like doing less and less.

Raa

More
20 Mar 2012 02:01 #26704 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic Re: Supersexyheroines

JonX wrote: The annoying thing is that I've some really good stuff here on hard drives. The problem is the time to process it all, and also the time to clear my inbox. I'm not keen on outside help (apart from DF Fan and Daubster), and with the videos I'm beholden to others.

May I make a suggestion -- throw an idea out there to see what others think? Part of your problem may be you don't really make maximum use of the material you have. The photo-stories, which comprise the bulk of the output of SSH, are only put out as pre-packaged comicstrips. It must take forever to produce each page, with layouts, speech balloons, etc.

Other sites, notably the Steeles and HeavenlyHeroines, also put out the raw camera shots, including the 'cutting room floor' photos unused in the photo story. This gives the appearance of better value for money at (what I assume is surely?) little extra effort to the site producer. The stand alone shots are high resolution than the ones scaled for the panels of the packaged photo-story, and we get multiple variations/attempts on the same shot (often the unused photos are better, as stand alones, than the one selected for the packaged story).

You must shoot dozens of photos for each story -- hell, you probably shoot over a dozen for each page -- if you're struggling to find the time to get packaged material out, why not take the camera images from a recent story, ImageMagick a logo into the corner of each one, zip them up, and put them on the site as a stop-gap update while you catch up with the packages stories? I'm sure it might help take much of the disappointment out of a full photo-story update being late.

R5

More
20 Mar 2012 03:53 #26707 by JonX
Hey five_red, thanks for the suggestion.
I actually setup a section on the website for that, but the upload function is all rubbish and never had a chance to get it right.
But... I'm going to give it some thought this week. You're right that there a lots of images. On a photoshoot day I can sometimes shoot about 3000 to 4000 images!!
But of course, not all of them are usable - and it does take time to colour correct all the good ones.

CAN I ALSO MAKE A QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT.

My hosting company has just decided to terminate our contract because of the 'adult content'. So, all the websites are down and I'm looking for a new hosting provider.

Essentially I need:

- VPS
- with something like Plesk or cPanel
- Access to command line

Any recommendations?

I've two days to find a host before they kindly delete everything from the servers! How nice of them.

Jon

More
20 Mar 2012 04:08 #26708 by fats

JonX wrote: Hey five_red, thanks for the suggestion.
I actually setup a section on the website for that, but the upload function is all rubbish and never had a chance to get it right.
But... I'm going to give it some thought this week. You're right that there a lots of images. On a photoshoot day I can sometimes shoot about 3000 to 4000 images!!
But of course, not all of them are usable - and it does take time to colour correct all the good ones.

CAN I ALSO MAKE A QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT.

My hosting company has just decided to terminate our contract because of the 'adult content'. So, all the websites are down and I'm looking for a new hosting provider.

Essentially I need:

- VPS
- with something like Plesk or cPanel
- Access to command line

Any recommendations?

I've two days to find a host before they kindly delete everything from the servers! How nice of them.

Jon

hostgator is my recommendation.

fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
20 Mar 2012 05:15 #26712 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic Re: Supersexyheroines

JonX wrote: But... I'm going to give it some thought this week. You're right that there a lots of images. On a photoshoot day I can sometimes shoot about 3000 to 4000 images!!

I wouldn't bother colour correcting them, or cropping them, or whatever. Just remove the totally blurred ones and use the rest -- if you put out just 10 to 20% of those 3000 images as they came out of the camera, I suspect people would be happy enough. Obviously I don't know for certain (and that's why I'm throwing it out as a discussion point) but I suspect when it comes to photos of smoking hot babes dressed as superheroines, quantity overrules quality (providing quality isn't totally awful!) In other words: I'm guessing 300 raw pics are better than 3 cropped/corrected ones.

Why? Well, having seen a handful of examples of 'raw' shoots, I personally think there's often a certain candid (if that's the right word) charm to unpolished studio images, which gives a viewing experience quite separate to the packaged versions. The polished photo-story pics are obviously meant to represent the 'in character' heroine (as if she's real), while the candid pics (particularly the ones were the model breaks character) just show a beautiful woman dressed in a hot costume. I suspect there's a demand for both types, and there may be some advantage to NOT cleaning up too much (at all?) the candid versions, because you might detract from their charm.

Basically I'm just trying throw ideas out there to maximise the gain from the material you already have, without it taking any real extra time. At this point it would be cool if other people chimed in to confirm or deny my theory :)

Any recommendations?

Did a quick search for "adult web hosting", and host90 seemed to be recommended as an adult-friendly option. Not used them myself. Their TOS explicitly says legal adult material is welcome. You didn't say what your bandwidth requirements are.

host90.com/
host90.com/terms-of-service/

R5

More
20 Mar 2012 05:55 #26715 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
I have been on record as saying that I would love to see the 'raw' unedited photos in higher resolution many times before. I would also like to see the storyboard images in higher resolution. Those raw sets in between regular story sets would go a long way towards filling in the gaps and being more on time with updates.

Sorry to hear about the web server issues. Looks like you'll be offline for a while.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
22 Mar 2012 14:24 #26747 by JonX
Hey all,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sarge is right - he and others have said to publish the raw photosets for a while, but I never really thought people would be in to that?

But... yeah, you're right that the Steeles have been doing it (albeit with effects added in, and also it follows a storyline too), and both websites are doing pretty well still.

You'll notice that all the websites went down earlier this week. This was because my previous hosting company didn't like the content, and so gave me 48 hours to get off.

Therefore I've just moved, and there is a hell of a lot of work to do with uploading the files, the db, etc.

But, I can say that I've nearly got SuperSexyHeroines.com back up. The only thing now is for CCBill to go in and check their password files to ensure everyone can login okay.

The other websites I'm working on later today when I finish work. But you can read a little more about the migration on my blog (which is also up), and you can see a little preview of a movie that I'm working on!

superheroinenetwork.com/blog/

More
21 Apr 2012 21:01 #27032 by supermorgonen1
Replied by supermorgonen1 on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
I saw the preview of your next upcoming comic, i must say, that girl is beautiful!

A little suggestion, what about a doublelift?
Long time since I saw that and you're doin a great job Jon! Would love to see that :)

Cheers Morgonen

• supermorgonen1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Apr 2012 20:31 #27038 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
The new comic certainly sounds interesting, and I'm looking forward to it. However, did anybody else find it odd that the third installment of "Lightning Girl" is being called the end of the story? It sure looked like a cliffhanger to me. I mean, the last panel shows the girl getting up and the guy saying "Is she coming back for more?" Seems like a pretty odd place to end it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: starfury483

More
22 Apr 2012 21:02 #27039 by AlbertC
Replied by AlbertC on topic Re: Supersexyheroines
I think the same old problems continues in this website. Lack of respect with costumers (I was one of them) and false updates, with retroactive dates which are not related to reality

More
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds