Amount

Girl Power movie from The Rye..

02 Jun 2012 11:20 - 02 Jun 2012 12:12 #27484 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Re: Girl Power movie from The Rye..
The costume looks great, any costume based on Power Girls is a winner with me. As for the change in characters, I think I prefer your original idea of the spurned lover. You know the saying, hell has no fury like a woman scorned.
Last edit: 02 Jun 2012 12:12 by dauntingmold.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2012 15:53 #27485 by Rye
Replied by Rye on topic Re: Girl Power movie from The Rye..
Thanks Dauntingmold,

The love interest will still be there but it will be coming from the rival reporter ;)

More
03 Jun 2012 03:00 - 03 Jun 2012 03:06 #27487 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: Girl Power movie from The Rye..
If it isn't too late for me to throw two more cents in, I want to vote against having this super-cute iconic teen blonde superheroine wear a mostly black costume, or be this kind of "intimidating badass" character (in costume or out).

It's not that I'm saying she needs to wear a white PowerGirl knockoff or a blue/red SuperGirl outfit with the S changed to something else for copyright reasons. But (at least for me), a lot of the appeal of this supergirl genre is that these girls aren't batman-styled tough chicks who talk a lot of trash and act all macho and Rambo-y... they're more just good-natured, exceptionally pretty girls with a generally helpful streak who's powers make dealing with criminals nothing more than a fun game.

Not trying to get all amateur psychologist up in here or be a hater, yo. But I'd really hope that her costume would help show how much fun she's having with the whole thing. Like so what if my bright pink and silver costume is super sexy and girly. I look good and that's the point. And as you can tell, my invulnerability extends to my clothes. So now that this place is all shot up and you're out of bullets, will you please hand over those bags of cash to the policemen cowering behind the wall over there so I don't have to start smacking you around? I don't want to get your blood all over this pretty outfit. Tee hee.

Of course the black one could work very well for the jealous friend who gets powers later! And if you've already put the order for the costume in or started filming already, then forget what I just said. I'm buying this shit the day it comes out either way.
Last edit: 03 Jun 2012 03:06 by yohashuan.

More
03 Jun 2012 10:38 #27490 by Rye
Thanks yohashuan,

My personal preference for Supergirl style heroines is to have their personality be sweet, innocent, adventurous, and even a little naive. Anyone who saw my 1984 release can probably vouch for that.

In regards to the costume I suppose I would like some more feedback if anyone would like to share their opinion. If black is generally associated with bad girls in the power girl universe then that is something I need to be educated on.

I really like Ms Marvel and Powergirl so this sounded like a fun way to go but you guys tell me!

Rye

More
03 Jun 2012 16:59 #27493 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic Re: Girl Power movie from The Rye..

Rye wrote: In regards to the costume I suppose I would like some more feedback if anyone would like to share their opinion. If black is generally associated with bad girls in the power girl universe then that is something I need to be educated on.

Interestingly now I think about it the use of black is rather rare after the Golden Age. In GA comics we find a few noteworthy do-gooder heroines in black: Black Cat (Harvey), Black Canary, Miss Fury. After the Silver Age black clad heroines are often a little more ambiguous as to their heroic nature: Black Cat (Marvel), Black Widow. The Babs Gordon Batgirl was briefly in black (plus blue/yelllow), but after her initial guest appearances the body of her costume shifted to grey. Can anyone think of any counter examples?

Personally I'm sure whatever you do with the costume it will be great (judging by your previous work).

R5

More
03 Jun 2012 22:47 #27497 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Re: Girl Power movie from The Rye..
Ms. Marvel rocked the black (with gold and red) for many years.

The Cassandra Cain version of Batgirl wore black.

Donna Troy (formerly Troia, formerly Wonder Girl, now out of continuity) wore a black costume with sparkly stars on it.

- GeekSeven

More
04 Jun 2012 00:03 - 04 Jun 2012 03:46 #27501 by inactive
Last edit: 04 Jun 2012 03:46 by inactive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
04 Jun 2012 06:13 #27505 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Re: Girl Power movie from The Rye..
Hello Rye. I have purchased one of the SHG-Media movies before. It was Wondergirlz - Demon. The girl was absolutely gorgeous. I was hoping she was going to become a cyborg/bionic type character in an upcoming film. Anyway, on the SHG site I was wondering if you made all those movies featured there? And also the sites like Luna Crush, Relic Raider, Wondergirlz, Superhero Girls, etc. That's a large network of sites and I was wondering if you were responsible for all them. The girls are stunning and I look forward to your movies about powerful women.

More
04 Jun 2012 07:57 #27506 by Scwank
Replied by Scwank on topic Re: Girl Power movie from The Rye..
Regarding the costume, just personal preference, but I've always preferred some color as opposed to the dark gritty type,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
04 Jun 2012 17:42 #27509 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Re: Girl Power movie from The Rye..
I vote for color also. I like form fitting but you also need elements that move like a cape or a skirt.

More
04 Jun 2012 23:15 #27510 by elnovo1234
Replied by elnovo1234 on topic Re: Girl Power movie from The Rye..
HI rye i´m a big fan of your work since superiorgirl vs nuclearman. And im totally agree with the fact that the costume has to be in other colors rather than black for a superheroine. Also the secret identity transformation is important to, so here are a couple of images for my two cents.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yohashuan, ronaldk91335

More
05 Jun 2012 20:14 #27516 by Brad
Replied by Brad on topic Re: Girl Power movie from The Rye..
I agree that the superheroine shouldn't be wearing the outfit with black spandex and red cape that we saw earlier. But that doesn't mean the outfit shouldn't be used; I think it would be the perfect outfit for the villainess/rival reporter once she finally gains super powers. On this note, I'd love to see Carly Quinn in this role; I think she'd look awesome in the outfit in question, and I could easily see her in the role of a rival reporter. Plus, I've wanted to see her have super powers for a while now.

• Brad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Jun 2012 21:17 #27517 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Girl Power movie from The Rye..
Personally I think that black can work fine on a heroine outfit, but it has to used very carefully. An all-black very dark costume might be appropriate in some cases but not in others. A very supergirlish kind of character doesn't work well in black. Other character does.

It's probably a matter of perception, we are used to think of supergirls in primary colors, so using black feel a bit off.

The costume was a bit... problematic. Simply put, it merges some of the most problematic parts of PG design (the boob window) with some of the most pproblematic parts of Ms Marvel design (vaguely S/M look). It might work, but it needs to be handled with care.

More
30 Jun 2012 06:50 #27710 by Rye
Just a quick update:

The costume design is finished and its a smoking hot outfit! I will try and get some promo pics before shooting starts but here is the description:

- Royal Blue Ms Marvel base leotard with a nice sheen
- Powergirl opening in the chest
- Red flowing Cape attached by 2 powergirl style medallions (left/Right) The middle of the cape stops at the small of her back and has long points on each side that flow down to her knees.
- Gold Belt with 3 inch red medallion center
- MS Marvel style Leather mask (I had a red and blue made... not sure which one yet)
- Red and gold heeled boots
- Long red shiny gloves

Once I have more updates I'll let you know!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, dauntingmold, Markiehoe

More
30 Jun 2012 07:50 #27712 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Re: Girl Power movie from The Rye..
Sounds like a great costume!

More
30 Jun 2012 10:25 #27714 by italy877
Replied by italy877 on topic Re: Girl Power movie from The Rye..
I can't wait to see photos of the costume!! It sounds really hot!!

More
02 Jul 2012 02:13 #27722 by mo
Replied by mo on topic Re: Girl Power movie from The Rye..
Really looking forward to this one Rye!

More
02 Jul 2012 02:30 #27723 by monkeybone
Replied by monkeybone on topic Re: Girl Power movie from The Rye..
Looks great Rye...costume sounds very promising and she looks like a great actress. I hope she starts off as a mild mannered college girl (wearing glasses etc.) before she transforms. Those are my favorite transformations. Can't wait for the video.

More
02 Jul 2012 05:36 #27725 by Rye
Here are a few screen shots from her audition. She pretty much nailed any emotion I asked to her envoke with ease. She is by far the most athletic girl I have auditioned since Avalon :)

This image is hidden for guests.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
02 Jul 2012 09:49 #27726 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Re: Girl Power movie from The Rye..
Oh god she is gorgeous!

More
02 Feb 2023 06:51 #76458 by Forse97
Replied by Forse97 on topic Girl Power movie from The Rye..
Hi, will you never film this movie? Cause if you need funds, tell me how much and I'll provide, I'd really love to see this movie released!

More
02 Feb 2023 13:26 #76459 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Girl Power movie from The Rye..
Rye made one video I believe with girl power.  All the rest are peril.  This video likely died before anything was filmed.  

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
02 Feb 2023 14:35 #76461 by Forse97
Replied by Forse97 on topic Girl Power movie from The Rye..
Which movie was? 1984 maybe?

So sad this project died, a lot of people would have buyied it

More
04 Feb 2023 17:18 #76481 by Pere97
Replied by Pere97 on topic Girl Power movie from The Rye..
Which movie was this?

More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds