Amount

Danica is back as Miss Power

04 Jun 2013 04:56 #31805 by roden81
Replied by roden81 on topic Nicole Neal Supergirl teaser

bionicskillz wrote: The film is being made by this site SilkNBlood but they specialize in peril films but the girls are super-hot models from the UK. Check out Catwarrior. Imagine her as an ubergirl? I do all the time.

Why don't we crowed fund our own movie, people?


Crowed fund, do you mean like I've been requesting help with here but nobody on these forums want to know :( ...

igg.me/at/GirlofSteel/x/3148062

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2013 14:17 #31807 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Nicole Neal Supergirl teaser

roden81 wrote: Crowed fund, do you mean like I've been requesting help with here but nobody on these forums want to know :( ...

igg.me/at/GirlofSteel/x/3148062

I can't speak for everyone, but personally, you really haven't shown me enough to suggest you're able to tackle such an ambitious project. You've got a reasonably cute girl and a costume, plus a bare-bones outline of an idea that you admit you're only beginning to script. But the only video you've shown us is a text-only teaser that someone else made for you. Again, I'm only speaking for myself, but I'd like to actually see some examples of what you have planned before I start throwing money across the pond.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2013 22:07 #31808 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic Nicole Neal Supergirl teaser
Gonna have to agree with 1969. Random has proven himself, given his budget, as a good film maker and a good writer. To ask for funds when you haven’t even shown a script, is like going to the bank for a business loan with no real idea for a business.

Also, your model is cute….but not sexy, of course that’s my own opinion. She just doesn’t have that body ratio, say a girl like Danica has.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, www1969

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2013 23:48 #31811 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Nicole Neal Supergirl teaser
I would agree re: he girl. She's definitely cute but doesn't have the right kind of body to play a supergirl type character. Bad fit.

I had are related reaction to the crowdfunding proposal as others below. In addition, I would note that there are lots of bucks needed and nobody contributing. Usually someone who sets up a crowdfund has already worked with enough people and discussed the concept with enough fans that a bunch of folks jump on right away to push the bucks up. Producing some quality teasers/trailers is the normal way to build enthusiasm. Other people who check it out, and see that its already got a lot of money pledged, will pay more attention, and may wind up contributing as well.

Disclaimer: I've never run a crowdfund project... but have watched how some work and some fail.

Shadar

d_k_c wrote: Gonna have to agree with 1969. Random has proven himself, given his budget, as a good film maker and a good writer. To ask for funds when you haven’t even shown a script, is like going to the bank for a business loan with no real idea for a business.

Also, your model is cute….but not sexy, of course that’s my own opinion. She just doesn’t have that body ratio, say a girl like Danica has.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2013 01:19 #31813 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Nicole Neal Supergirl teaser
I also agree with the above.

I worked sales for a short period of time- hated it- but one thing I did learn is that you have to spend money to make money.

shadar wrote: I would agree re: he girl. She's definitely cute but doesn't have the right kind of body to play a supergirl type character. Bad fit.

I had are related reaction to the crowdfunding proposal as others below. In addition, I would note that there are lots of bucks needed and nobody contributing. Usually someone who sets up a crowdfund has already worked with enough people and discussed the concept with enough fans that a bunch of folks jump on right away to push the bucks up. Producing some quality teasers/trailers is the normal way to build enthusiasm. Other people who check it out, and see that its already got a lot of money pledged, will pay more attention, and may wind up contributing as well.

Disclaimer: I've never run a crowdfund project... but have watched how some work and some fail.

Shadar

d_k_c wrote: Gonna have to agree with 1969. Random has proven himself, given his budget, as a good film maker and a good writer. To ask for funds when you haven’t even shown a script, is like going to the bank for a business loan with no real idea for a business.

Also, your model is cute….but not sexy, of course that’s my own opinion. She just doesn’t have that body ratio, say a girl like Danica has.


Everyone wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what real beasts do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2013 03:28 #31814 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Nicole Neal Supergirl teaser
I have to both disagree (of course) and agree.

I think that roden's model is both cute and sexy and makes a very fine supergirl.

However, I think that attempting to crowdfund a movie without either a strong track record or a kick-ass trailer/demo reel is not going to be successful.

I've backed a few projects on Kickstarter and IndieGogo. Shit, I've backed 14 projects on Kickstarter, I really need to stop doing that. I'm looking for a strong pitch or a great idea, plus either experience or a convincing demonstration that the people behind the project can pull it off. A sample of what you can do is a great start.

My feeling is that roden doesn't have all the pieces in place yet.

- GeekSeven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2013 20:01 - 05 Jun 2013 20:01 #31816 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Nicole Neal Supergirl teaser
Trailer for Supernova ...

Last edit: 05 Jun 2013 20:01 by Helstar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2013 20:17 #31817 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic Nicole Neal Supergirl teaser
Woah, awesome!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2013 00:08 #31818 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Nicole Neal Supergirl teaser
What I meant by crowed funding is that we be the crowd. I know I would love to see a Bionic type character with slow motion effects, etc and that others on this board would love that too. With all the money I spend on various types of films don't never live up to my fantasies (although they are still quite good) why don't I a lot that money into something I would want to see and can give input in with other members here? We can contact the companies whose films we follow such as Bluestone, SHG Media, Heroine Legends, So many others on Clips4Sale, etc. I've contacted Kickasskandy.com since I love those girls and the price is around $800-$1000. They focus on fighting mainly and I would have to gear my story idea towards that. I'm sure other companies have comparable prices and we can focus just on what we want to see. I can even storyboard the whole film. I offered that to Kickasskandy and they were up for it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2013 00:54 #31819 by Scwank
Replied by Scwank on topic Nicole Neal Supergirl teaser

Helstar wrote: Trailer for Supernova ...


The production quality on this looks top notch, and Danica is beautiful. I've interacted with the producer on another forum, and he says that this does have girl power stuff in it, including a fight between Supernova and another ubergirl. Another comment of his hints that he isn't killing Supernova, either, but I can't be sure of that. That being said, this will have peril in it, so if you can't get past that, this isn't for you. But it will have girl power elements to it, it sounds like.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2013 17:26 #31932 by Scwank
Replied by Scwank on topic Nicole Neal Supergirl teaser
I went ahead and bought Supernova, which was just released, and it was definitely worth it. If you don't mind your uberbabe's being evil, then you should like this. This includes Supernova flying, stopping a missile, busting through a roof, and overpowering a couple of goons. Then the bad ubergirl shows up, and seems even more powerful. She vaporizes a couple of bad guys, and then she and Supernova have a fight. I won't spoil the ending, but it is really only the very end where one or the other isn't showing off something.

Oh, and the professionalism of this exceeds what I've seen in this genre before. The flying scene especially was extremely well done. It didn't feel like a homemade movie at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2013 19:50 #31939 by mo
Replied by mo on topic Nicole Neal Supergirl teaser
I bought it as well - I was a bit worried due to the nature of some of the other content from this producer but I needn't have been.

The movie is incredible. Loads of super feats, two super hot über babes, some very neat special effects with a very pro feel to it and no over the top peril although I've only bought the first part so can't vouch for the second part.

100% recommendation:)

Haven't had access to a PC for a while and I've only just figured out how to login to superwomanmania.com on my mobile device - it's great to be able to view the forum again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2013 20:12 #31943 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic Nicole Neal Supergirl teaser
Is the video available at the SilkNBlood page? ( www.silknblood.com/store/index.php?p=home )
My virus scanner warns me about the website being malicious and won't let me access it. So before I turn it off and go there at my own risk, I'd like to know where you guys bought the video ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2013 03:11 #31952 by Scwank
Replied by Scwank on topic Nicole Neal Supergirl teaser

Esteban wrote: Is the video available at the SilkNBlood page? ( www.silknblood.com/store/index.php?p=home )
My virus scanner warns me about the website being malicious and won't let me access it. So before I turn it off and go there at my own risk, I'd like to know where you guys bought the video ;)


It is available at the SilkNBlood site, but I bought it from genrevideos.com. You can actually get parts 1 and 2 there already, but you need to fund your account first. Bluestone might work with you on that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2013 11:44 #31955 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic Nicole Neal Supergirl teaser
Hum, okay, so I'll have to choose between a website that my virus scanner warns me about, and one where I can't view the catalog without giving them an address. Sigh, the internet these days ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2013 01:15 - 12 Oct 2013 01:19 #33469 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Danica is back again
Apparently, not one but TWO new movies have been published, but in the second one (the trailer) I cannot see Danica.



Last edit: 12 Oct 2013 01:19 by Helstar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scwank, SCOTT R, hpol, j2001

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds