Amount

Taurus Films - The Terra Chronicles (formerly TKS)

21 Jul 2015 09:13 #43275 by tks
Hi Guys,

I've just launched a new website (it needs a little TLC in terms of the design but its a start)

terrachronicles.co.uk

For those familiar with the TKS stuff (thank you for anyone who has followed) its basically the next step for me in terms of production, I've decided to stop messing around and actually get a little structure and a story arc through the videos.

For those not. Its a female power focussed web series with a superhero/horror/sci-fi twist.

I'm really interested in feedback from you guys. Really I'd like to make movies that appeal to fans of girl power like me, I don't want to make "super heroine" films where a super heroine gets laid into for 20 minutes.

So please any questions or feedback I'd love to hear it.

I'll try and prempt gripes.

Location (is the same) I've found some different spots that can facilitate what I want to but there aren't too many around especially in my current budget. In short though I will be mixing it up.

Price-length. I know it runs a little high but I've never been a fan of padding out with rubbish for the sake of it and the videos tend to be action packed. there will be longer episodes and I hope to be able to expand the consumer base and hope to be able to drop the price.

Everything else (and to be fair even the above) I'd like to know what you think. Like I said its you people who are my target so value you opinions.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, hunterbr2001
The topic has been locked.
More
22 Jul 2015 05:54 #43283 by bigbrian
I would love to see superherones With alter Ego transformations.
More
22 Jul 2015 07:24 #43284 by Brad2
Hi. I was just wondering if you had any plans to introduce a Supergirl type heroine (or dark Supergirl). I love girl power, but my favorite characters typically wear a cape and spandex. Combining Supergirl, horror, and girl power seems like a unique (and hence worthwhile) combination to me.

Also, I tried to use the contact form on the site, and wasn't able to put anything into the name part. That could easily be that I simply don't know what I'm doing, but I thought I'd mention it to see if it was a problem for anyone else.

Anyway, best of luck with The Terra Chronicles. Can't wait to see what stories you come up with!;)
More
22 Jul 2015 17:15 - 22 Jul 2015 17:38 #43290 by tks
Alter ego transformations are on the cards for sure.

Yeah costumes are something I'm looking at too. It's difficult to know what works best really.

Thanks for the heads up about the contact page. That happened because I'm an idiot but its fixed now (the contact form though not that idiot thing)

In the meantime if you wanted to send something over it goes to

taurusfilms1@gmail.com
Last edit: 22 Jul 2015 17:38 by tks. Reason: Problem has now been solved
More
22 Jul 2015 18:11 #43292 by fats
if you need any help with your web site pleas let me know.

Fats
  • fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
27 Jul 2015 16:07 #43380 by tks
I probably will.

As you can see it's not the best so I do need to get something a bit better knocked up. At the minute it's just a place for the films to live as I'm just concentrating on getting the movies made.
More
28 Jul 2015 11:10 #43391 by Markiehoe
Could you please credit the actresses, even if they are stage names, and the characters in the link descriptions.
It helps to track down future appearances.

I love the idea of superhero/ horror/ sci fi
Well done with that.

The Hacker looks really interesting.
I like the look and attitude of the "American" superheroine.
The price point is a little steep.

The concept of Dark Power looks good.
However I personally am not a fan of tattooed women and facial piercings so I would take a pass on that one at any price.
More
28 Jul 2015 11:17 #43392 by Markiehoe
I just ordered the Hacker

I'll give a review later today.
More
29 Jul 2015 01:16 #43404 by Markiehoe
I downloaded the Hacker and watched it.
A neat short film.
The producer is true when he says he didn't "pad" out the movie.
You dive right in which is OK with me.
The ladies look great.
I like the heroine in costume the best!
She looks super and has a great attitude.
Does she have a character name?
The bad girl has a better costume than the new Electra Woman and Dyna Girl costumes.
The Hacker herself is really cute and I like her outfit also.
All three are well cast in their characters.

The interplay is pretty good and I love the lifting effects.
There is a break in the action halfway through which is a little iffy story wise but I'll let that go.

We now come to the one big negative.
The price for such a short film is steep.
I saw Antman for $10 a short time back.
I can get 3 DVDs from the $5 bin at Wal Mart for the same money.
If you are going to ask so much for such a short film you better really bring it!

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395
More
29 Jul 2015 10:28 #43412 by tks
Thank for the review, It always great to hear what people think.

Her character name is Layla and hopefully we'll see more of her. But I agree all 3 girls did a wonderful Job.

Price was something I did struggle with. I did have a look at what other people were doing while also factoring in my own costs. I know its not the longest but as I've seen my share of 20 minute short films with 15 minutes of nothing and am not interested in creating that although I will be looking to expand the stories for future releases.

In hindsight though maybe It is a little too high.

Thank you again for purchasing the movie and taking the time to review it, I hope you don't feel too out of pocket

Happy to hear any other feedback.
More
29 Jul 2015 12:34 - 29 Jul 2015 12:35 #43413 by kikass2014
I recently got both Dark Power and The Hacker.

I have to agree with Markiehow's review. Spot on on all his points. An awesome video for sure :)

Dark Power was pretty cool also, though I did prefer The Hacker.

And I have to agree the only real negative was the pricing. It seems like Dark Power should have been maybe $5-$7 and The Hacker $10 given their runtimes.

But as you say it is something you are considering so all good.

Look forward to your next projects :)

Peace.

/K

P.S. As others have said, it would be nice to have the actresses names in a credit sequence of sorts. Unless ofc they have said they would prefer not. Which is fine tbh.
Last edit: 29 Jul 2015 12:35 by kikass2014. Reason: Typo
More
29 Jul 2015 23:12 #43423 by tks
Thanks,

As a regular customer I definitely value your input :) Ok pricing has been noted so will see what I can do. I don't want people to think they're being fleeced.
More
10 Aug 2015 13:41 #43548 by tks
Hi all. As part of the Taurus films venture I also have started Taurus Commissions. This is a place were all the stand alone commissioned short films (customs if you like) that don't relate to any particular plot line will Iive.

If your interested in commissioning a taylor made film of your own get in touch tks@gmx.co.uk and we can have a chat.

So first up is Bionic malfunction.

An advert for an impressive new Bionic woman is cut short when the machine malfunctions. But when the machine reboots it operator is left at the mercy of the powerful woman.

Lots happening here. Super speed fast and slo mo. Super Breath, Car lift, Bar bend, Pencil break, Bionic sound effect. Back of the neck lift, Remote crush, Hand crush, Invulnerability, Throat lift.

store.payloadz.com/details/2335054-movie...nic-malfunction.html

Available here for $8

Screenshots Here

tksproductions.wordpress.com/2015/08/05/...-bionic-malfunction/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, AlbertC
More
01 Sep 2015 18:15 #44001 by tks
Another Commission from Taurus films. Terra chronicles has been put on hold due to actors going on summer holidays but heres another short film for you.

New from Taurus Commissions a short horror film, 3 Young witches attempt to resurect the restless spirit of a woman they drove to suicide in order to send her on. However the spirit itslef has a score to settle and they soon find themselves in a fight for their lives as the spirit possesses each of them in turn controlling their bodies with supernatural powers.

Once again If your interested in commissioning a taylor made film of your own get in touch tks@gmx.co.uk and we can have a chat.

Features 2 TL's, a hand crush, Invulnerability, Bar Bend, Telekinesis lift, Spirit possession, Double back of the neck lift.

Available here for just $9.99

store.payloadz.com/details/2345207-movie...ror-from-beyond.html

screenshots here

tksproductions.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/...resents-from-beyond/
More
01 Sep 2015 19:56 #44002 by Markiehoe
How long is Bionic Malfunction and From Beyond?
More
01 Sep 2015 22:06 #44006 by kikass2014
Bionic Malfunction clocks in at 4:08 secs, while From Beyond is a little longer, clocking in at 6:51 secs.

/K
More
19 Sep 2015 00:08 #44207 by tks
Hey Guys,

A new commission from another kind soul asked me to make their movie for them.

The greedy developer of a powerful personal booster returns to the lab she made it at in order to secure an improved prototype. After an interogation of an employee she finds the tables turned as there is more to this woman than first meets the eye.

9 mins 30

Available here for just $9.99

store.payloadz.com/details/2380684-movie...action-jacked-2.html

Screenshots and things here

tksproductions.wordpress.com/2015/09/18/...s-presents-jacked-2/
More
19 Sep 2015 14:49 #44215 by AlbertC
Bought it yesterday and worth every penny I spent (I pay times 4 because of exchange rates). The girls have some kind of hotness and specially for me the superbreath is awesome, keep doing man!
More
21 Sep 2015 00:01 #44230 by Markiehoe
This one looks pretty good.
The Blondes outfit is not very flattering and a little bit of cover up on that tattoo on her hand would have gone a long way.
More
21 Sep 2015 16:52 #44238 by lfan
An outstanding effort by TKS...his best to date, IMO.....

ElF
More
24 Sep 2015 00:15 #44278 by gomaller
Can somebody tell me the actress with the dark hair name is?
More
07 Oct 2015 00:30 - 07 Oct 2015 00:32 #44441 by tks
Hello All!!

Another commission. This time a bit more of an adventurous production.

If your interested in commissioning a taylor made film of your own get in touch tks@gmx.co.uk and we can have a chat.

A woman desperate for cash participates in a medical experiment that transforms her into a Bionic woman. However when the company tries to kill her she sets out for vengeance and encounters the powerful leader of the mysterious organisation.

13 Minutes

Available here for $11.99

store.payloadz.com/go?id=2390458

Screenshots here (SPOILERS)

tksproductions.wordpress.com/2015/10/06/...ns-presents-rebirth/
Last edit: 07 Oct 2015 00:32 by tks.
More
07 Oct 2015 11:19 #44452 by SHTL
'm buying now ...
More
22 Oct 2015 10:39 #44670 by tks
At great request!! bringing back a popular character as we explore the how a poweful super-villainess came to be as 2 young greedy scientists attempt to seize great power form themselves in the form of mysterious superpower giving orbs only to inadvertantly create a familiar superstrong mercenary.

Available here for $9.99

6 minutes 30

store.payloadz.com/details/2398739-movie...n-birth_of_ursa.html

More stills here

tksproductions.wordpress.com/2015/10/21/...s-the-birth-of-ursa/

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Raa, Markiehoe
More
22 Oct 2015 21:59 #44675 by Markiehoe
I really liked the Birth of Ursa.

All three actresses were well cast, looked great and did a pretty awesome job displaying their powers.
I loved their outfits. Really cute.
No tattoos or piercings always a plus!

The transformation scene was really cool.

I wish all three had names.
Story wise it makes the characters much more believable.
We know two were lab assistants and one was a secretary and that's about it.
Three names would make them much more relate-able and believable characters.
And once again I wish there was some sort of credits with the actresses names for the same reasons.
I don't care if they are stage names.
It's better that referring to them as the blonde or the short one. :)

Maybe a sound effect here or there also.

Well done.
More
Moderators: tks
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds