Amount

New Audio Series: Super Me (update 6/1/19)

12 Nov 2018 03:52 - 12 Nov 2018 03:53 #61953 by lfan
Now for something completely (kinda) different......

Lindsey Palmer is an arrogant, haughty 19 year old college student that certainly is NOT someone that should be entrusted with superpowers but......shit happens!   Super Me follows the adventures of Lindsey as she gains her powers and adjusts to her new life with them.  Lindsey will always be Lindsey, but now she has superpowers, and the world better watch out!

Super Me is an pay-for-download audio series written and produced by Papayoya and myself with lots of help and support from Conceptfan.  If that lineup alone isn't enough proof that this is very ubergirl-centric than I don't know what to tell ya! :P
The first chapter is now for sale on Gunroad for a nominal fee which goes towards the production of future chapters with our voice actress.  We spent several weeks auditioning and finding the right VO actress that could become Lindsey, and we all are in agreement that our choice is PERFECT for the character,

Our goal is to produce 20-30 minutes of audio for each chapter, with this one coming in at THIRTY-SEVEN MINUTES for less than $5.  With the download you will also receive two versions -- with and without special FX.  If we can get some support from this, we'll continue to keep making subsequent chapters, as we have a lot of plans for our girl!

You can purchase the first chapter of Super Me at the following link:   gumroad.com/l/WqOi

ElF

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 12 Nov 2018 03:53 by lfan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, steelknight3000, Woodclaw, d_k_c, Dru1076, Kamelmann, bionicskillz, smashed, ChaozCloud, ong76win2, SCOTT R, Revan, Bernard72002, Markiehoe, CANNNNIS, gotham_knight, TwiceOnThursdays, Monty, eric328, AuGoose and 4 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 Nov 2018 04:29 - 12 Nov 2018 04:39 #61955 by SCOTT R
Replied by SCOTT R on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
hmm...Just tried to purchase using my PayPal account and it just froze up. Tried again and the same thing happened. I also tried the other option and it doesn't work either.
Last edit: 12 Nov 2018 04:39 by SCOTT R.

More
12 Nov 2018 13:04 #61961 by Revan
Replied by Revan on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
Just tried using PayPal and it went through without a hitch. Have you tried using a different browser/device? 
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, SCOTT R

More
12 Nov 2018 13:24 #61962 by lfan

SCOTT R wrote: hmm...Just tried to purchase using my PayPal account and it just froze up. Tried again and the same thing happened. I also tried the other option and it doesn't work either.

Hmm......I'll send you a PM, Scott.  There have been orders coming in so people are definitely able to purchase it.  I'll try and figure it out with you

ELF
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 Nov 2018 15:00 #61964 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
Nice stuff!

The person who read it sounded a bit stiff in the early part, but as it went a long she seemed to get more into it and more natural.

Is there an ETA on chapter 2? :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, papayoya1

More
12 Nov 2018 15:01 #61965 by Kamelmann
Replied by Kamelmann on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
Holy shit.. this is just beyond incredible, thank you all so much for making this. The version that you get with FX is brilliant! And the voice actress? Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Amazingly written. What an absolute bargain.

Thank you and can't wait for chapter 2.

More
12 Nov 2018 15:04 #61966 by lfan

ChaozCloud wrote: Nice stuff!

The person who read it sounded a bit stiff in the early part, but as it went a long she seemed to get more into it and more natural.

Ch 2 should be coming soon.....it's written and just needs to be edited.  As for the VO, thanks for the feedback.  I think "Lindsey" is far from stiff anywhere, but I respect your opinions.  This material is "tricky" sometimes, as the VO's don't really understand the content (we had that issue in the auditions), but I thought our Lindsey really played the part as well as we could have hoped. 

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChaozCloud

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 Nov 2018 15:18 #61967 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)

lfan wrote:

ChaozCloud wrote: Nice stuff!

Ch 2 should be coming soon.....it's written and just needs to be edited.  As for the VO, thanks for the feedback.  I think "Lindsey" is far from stiff anywhere, but I respect your opinions.  This material is "tricky" sometimes, as the VO's don't really understand the content (we had that issue in the auditions), but I thought our Lindsey really played the part as well as we could have hoped. 

ElF

It's just about up to the car crash, so it's really only the beginning. Then again, I don't listen to a lot of audio books or the like, so maybe it just took that long to get used to the format. I still think she was excellent for the role!

Can't wait for chapter 2 and soon can't come soon enough :P

More
12 Nov 2018 17:57 #61968 by JonX
That was absolutely amazing

More
12 Nov 2018 20:57 #61980 by bach2990
Replied by bach2990 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
Bought it yesterday, I love it, Can not wait for chapter 2.

More
12 Nov 2018 21:35 #61982 by SCOTT R
Replied by SCOTT R on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
Thanks Lfan for the fix..much appreciated.

This was an amazing experience and worth every bit the 5 bucks. The voice actress is perfect in the role as the arrogant, foul mouth superchick who really loves discovering her new powers. The sound fx were terrific too and really added to the story. Great job! I will buy again for sure.

More
12 Nov 2018 22:17 #61983 by smoki07
Replied by smoki07 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
I'm really happy for you both creating this new product even if it's hard for me because English isn't my native language. So it's going too fast. But don't stop this great work! 
The following user(s) said Thank You: papayoya1

More
12 Nov 2018 22:20 - 12 Nov 2018 22:35 #61984 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
I couldn't pay for it either.  Tried via PayPal.  I click the Pay button and nothing happens.

Tried with credit card also.  
Last edit: 12 Nov 2018 22:35 by Sarge395. Reason: Updated payment methods

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
12 Nov 2018 22:21 - 12 Nov 2018 22:22 #61985 by Revan
Replied by Revan on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
I'm generally not a big fan of audio books since I prefer using my imagination, but this was very good and imo worth it even at twice the price (not that I'm complaining mind you). You keep producing them, I'll keep buying them. 
Last edit: 12 Nov 2018 22:22 by Revan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: papayoya1

More
12 Nov 2018 22:49 #61987 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
Just bought it. Can't wait to listen!

More
12 Nov 2018 22:49 #61988 by stmercy2020
Replied by stmercy2020 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
I was having the same issue paying, which I have not had with other gumroad purchases. When I switched to Firefox, however, the payment went through without a hitch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
13 Nov 2018 00:59 #61989 by lfan

Sarge395 wrote: I couldn't pay for it either.  Tried via PayPal.  I click the Pay button and nothing happens.

Sarge....just curious, you using Chrome?   Most people seem to be having issues with Chrome.  If can't figure it out, send me a PM or a Discord message and we'll do it the old fashion manual way
ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Nov 2018 01:30 #61990 by Caylane
Replied by Caylane on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
REALLY LOVE IT!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
13 Nov 2018 02:43 #61992 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)

lfan wrote:

Sarge395 wrote: I couldn't pay for it either.  Tried via PayPal.  I click the Pay button and nothing happens.

Sarge....just curious, you using Chrome?   Most people seem to be having issues with Chrome.  If can't figure it out, send me a PM or a Discord message and we'll do it the old fashion manual way
ElF

Tried using IE and Chrome.  Neither work for me.  

• Sarge395
More
13 Nov 2018 04:43 #61994 by lfan

Sarge395 wrote: Tried using IE and Chrome.  Neither work for me.  

Sarge, just sent you an email......

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Nov 2018 06:59 #61997 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
I don’t hate Audio Books, but I generally avoid them.   I can read faster than I can listen.  I can a;so stop reading and pick back up easily, harder for me to do that w audio.

but I got this one on the creator list alone.   I’ve got more than enough entertainment from your stories that the cost was not a concern.

i have to say I was really surprised on how much I liked it.   Mostly the special effects worked, a few times I thought the sound was a bit out of balance, but more a quibble over style than a complaint.  The voice actress was great, not super fantastic, but really good, and she seemed to warm up as she went along..

Not my favorite kind of story, but it’s not like I don’t enjoy them.   She’s reprehensible, but that’s the fun part. :-).   And I have to say the story was billed correctly.   I knew exactly what I was getting, and it more than met my expectations.

I did think the section in the cave was well done, both in writing and delivery.

More
13 Nov 2018 08:40 #61998 by mt4484
Replied by mt4484 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
sorry.. Is there a text file included?
it's hard for me because English isn't my native language.
If a text file is included, I would be very helpful in understanding this story.

More
13 Nov 2018 11:22 #62000 by AlbertC
Replied by AlbertC on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
 Hey guys,

I've tried to buy with my credit card, but seemed to have an issue despite I received an alert of transaction from Mastercard. How can I get the access?

More
13 Nov 2018 15:04 #62006 by papayoya1
Replied by papayoya1 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
Hi everyone, 

First of all, it was great to see the very positive reactions we've been having on the audiobook. This was always an idea that intrigued me, I think they Lindsey is a character they offers many possibilities to tell a story in first person and we were incredibly happy with the voice actress we managed to find (after a long casting!). 

I've see that a few people have been having issues with Gumroad accepting the payment for the product. I checked with them and they sent the link below with some tips on how to solve some common issues. Hopefully they can help! 

help.gumroad.com/11167-buyer-faq/why-did-my-payment-fail

Looking forward to hearing more about what you thought on the story. We are very motivated to keep producing more chapters (chapter 2 should be coming soon!) 
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

More
13 Nov 2018 23:31 #62012 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
This is cool! 37 minutes is a lot of content. Especially packed given how quickly the voice actress powers through the lines. Wish my commute was longer.

More
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds