Amount

How bout to this friggin forum???

03 Nov 2005 15:32 #3293 by lfan
How bout to this friggin forum??? was created by lfan
...as in new posts/content? Been uncharacteristically quiet and I know Hurricane Wilma didn;t knock out THAT many people with power!

So what's the deal? I see people logging on all the time and then off? Why so quickly? Well, I guess there is nothing to read! And who's to blame? EVERYONE!

While I understand that lurkers will abound, there is still something quite lacking in the amount of contributions from board members. And we're not asking for huge amounts of time, just your opinions.....

Someone told me that it was prob quiet on the forums cause the genre was quiet and nothing was going on. Well, being a genre-ite for a while now, I can say there has NEVER been this much stuff going on:

Duane Perkins' control of Blogger, Awakening Premiere tomorrow in Vegas, SGI Writing contests, Steele updates galore, great new Supersexyheroines.com site, New Goddess movies, Halloween just passed (no superheroine pics?), Super Ex -- a big full length feature featuring an ubergirl, superheroine themes upcoming on Charmed, 2 supergirl fanfilms in the works, WW movie in production, Painkiller Jane miniseries coming to Scifi Channel, new Supergirl and Shehulk comic series, etc.

If everyone would comment on one or another of these (or more), we might actually have an interactive community rather than the message board equivalent of a Wikipedia entry!

C'mon people!
L

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Nov 2005 19:42 #3297 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: How bout to this friggin forum???
I hear you LFan. It is somewhat dissappointing to come on here and see no new posts. With all that's going on, you would think there would be more here.

And don't get me wrong, I could be part of the problem. Maybe I should post more than I have.

I don't know what the solution is.

More
03 Nov 2005 20:40 #3298 by helix111
Replied by helix111 on topic Re: How bout to this friggin forum???
I know I've only got a few posts but here's my two cents.

There may be a lot going on in the genre but a lot of it is on TV or pay-sites. The board just becomes a glorified listings magazine. The thing I'm looking forward too most is the mainstream film "super-ex" but a picture of Uma Thurman isn't going to make that many people post a reply.

I think the best way to bring the board to life is to encourage members to post something other than news. How about having dedicated video and picture forums where people can post actual videos and pictures. I know I've got a pretty big collection of stuff and many other people probably have too. You don't even need to host the material on the site as there are plenty of free webhosters around.

With regard to writing, the story workshops are a fantastic idea (and were the things that dragged me for a shadowly lurker into the light :oops: ).

Its such a shame that the board is slowing down since its a really friendly atmosphere. I can remeber the last time someone got flamed (or maybe this is just the mods doing a good job :wink: ) and we should all try to revive it before its too late.

More
03 Nov 2005 21:40 #3300 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: How bout to this friggin forum???
Helix --

Good point.....the glorified listings part is mostly intentional on my part (at least my postings) as it tries to be the equivalent of my old "SGI NEWS", announcing uber-related content elsewhere for people to know about. Hope is that someone might share interest or related links or even comment. I understand that a pic of dressed down Uma from Super Ex won't get a lot of airtime (keep in mind, its the only content out there from this movie), but neither or rarely does anything else round here.

We used to have pretty lively convos on the old ubergirls.org boards and just wondering where those topics and/or posters went? The ones that are still round, never seem to post here..... any suggestions? Just seen too many sites like this die and don't wanna see this one as well...

As for the contests, the participation is encouraging, but the fodder (comments/feedback) to keep the authors hungry is scarce for the most parts, except by the other authors. Sooner or later the inevitable will happen where the authors go "what's the point?" and stop contributing. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but I know at least 4 other contributors feel this way!

Helix, I see your points and they are valid, I just don't know what to do the make it better.....

LF

I know I've only got a few posts but here's my two cents.

There may be a lot going on in the genre but a lot of it is on TV or pay-sites. The board just becomes a glorified listings magazine. The thing I'm looking forward too most is the mainstream film "super-ex" but a picture of Uma Thurman isn't going to make that many people post a reply.

I think the best way to bring the board to life is to encourage members to post something other than news. How about having dedicated video and picture forums where people can post actual videos and pictures. I know I've got a pretty big collection of stuff and many other people probably have too. You don't even need to host the material on the site as there are plenty of free webhosters around.

With regard to writing, the story workshops are a fantastic idea (and were the things that dragged me for a shadowly lurker into the light :oops: ).

Its such a shame that the board is slowing down since its a really friendly atmosphere. I can remeber the last time someone got flamed (or maybe this is just the mods doing a good job :wink: ) and we should all try to revive it before its too late.

• lfan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Nov 2005 22:50 #3301 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: How bout to this friggin forum???
There is actually a new forum out there specifically about posting clips on free webhosting servers (rapidshare, mytempdir, etc)
com3.runboard.com/bsupergirls
I'm not involved in its creattion, but I believe its a pretty good compliment to this forum, and in no way competition or anything

More
04 Nov 2005 00:08 #3303 by helix111
Lfan:

I don't think there's a single solution to the boards problems but I may be able to suggest a few small steps. btw, I'm certainly no expert on these matters so feel free to ignore everything I say :wink:. Also, I mean no disrespect in anything I say and don't mean to cause offence. Here goes...

We need to encourage our... erm... less vocal members to post. We could have an "Introduce yourself" section (the current "About us" section sounds a bit formal) and some quick guides on using the board (not everyone is computer savvy - It took me ages to figure I needed to play around with the check boxes to get my post to look right). It seems silly but not knowing how to use the board properly may stop people from posting. Finally, a global announcement telling people that "even a short reply is preffered to no reply at all" could help things.

However, I still believe that the most important thing is content. I realise there is another video/pics board, but that's no reason not to have the same here since were unlikely to end up with the same stuff anyway. Its much easier to comment on a vid than it is to comment on a story which you have to read first.

They're the sensible suggestions. Now for the more extreme/wacky ones.

How about having a newbie SGI workshop. Say, 3000 words max, and only open to those who have never entered a workshop before. When people realise how good it feels to be appreciated they might start to appreciate others more.

What about a "Story Garage" - a place where people can post ideas for incomplete stories and ask others (hopefully the quiter members) for advice, suggestions and ideas. I know I've got two or three stories in my head that I've never put on paper because of holes in the plot or not having an ending. This way the community gets more fiction and the process is more interactive.

The index page is a bit crowded. There are 36 sub-boards of which typically only two or three have any new posts. Amalgamating sub-boards would make the place seem a bit more lively.

Finally as a last resort you could threaten to boot out everyone who has 0 posts. I've seen this work wonders in the past but it would be a shame to see such a friendly board become hostile.

More
04 Nov 2005 01:20 #3305 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Re: How bout to this friggin forum???
I can only speak for myself, but I don't post more often because I really don't have anything to say. I come here looking for a conversation to join, or material to respond to, and there just isn't anything there. And I usually don't have any ideas for new conversations, so I end up checking in and leaving pretty quickly.

I do try to respond to the stories that are posted when I have time to read them, but I don't always have a chance. For instance, I still haven't read the stories from the last workshop, even though the voting is over. With power back on after the hurricane, and my life returning to relative normalcy, I'm hoping to have time to read some stories and respond to them this weekend and/or spend some time working on my own writing.

Another reason I don't post here as often is because much of the stuff that I'm into doesn't really qualify here. It's like I said when I first joined this board, I like powerful women, regardless of the type of power. The story I'm currently writing is a giantess story, not an ubergirl story, and I really want to finish one before I start writing another. So that's part of the reason I've only written the one story for this forum.

Anyway, I like some of the suggestions here. But how much can we really talk about movies that haven't even been made yet or pay sites that many of us don't belong to? I do think people should respond to EVERY story they read, even if it's just a one line "I liked this one". The writers could use the encouragement. But as I said, I personally haven't had time to keep up with the reading, let alone responding to them all. I really like some of helix's suggestions, like a newbie workshop or a story brainstorming subforum.

Here's a thought to get the interactive story subforum more active. How about a story where each contributor is only allowed to add one paragraph? It would encourage participation, although probably at the expense of quality. But it could be fun to try, anyway. Just a thought.

YAGS

More
04 Nov 2005 01:22 #3306 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: How bout to this friggin forum???
I like the idea of a "newbie" workshop. I would have been writing a few months sooner if we had one back then. For the first one, it could be the
same as the short story topic. For the second one, the winner could
pick the topic and be allowed to return one time as the "Champion" to defend his/her crown. Maybe non-winners could compete two more times before being forced to move up and out.

More
04 Nov 2005 04:18 #3310 by angels
Replied by angels on topic Re: How bout to this friggin forum???
You'll also notice the only motivation for anyone to write lately is the workshops, ergo no new stories except every month and a half or so. You always will have the AKs and Shadars floating around and writing at their own pace (which is regrettably slower than it used to be). I'm suprised that a lot more regulars haven't submitted to the workshops, if only for fun.

While it may seem contrary to the friendly and open nature of the boards, I wonder if a huge purge of all the lurkers might help open up some communication between those who really want to be here and thsoe who don't. I know it's a lot of extra work for admin or any mods, but with over 950 members and maybe all of TWENTY regular contributors, maybe the people who have never even introduced themselves will have to find themselves actually having to do more than just log in and read. I know that I haven't posted much in the way of actual physical contribution such as stories or pictures, but I am at least appreciative of those who have and make a point of letting them know. It's not that hard to do, even for a lurker, which I certainly was for years before I spoke up around here.

I like the idea of a newbie workshop, but instead of making it an official one, why not use the idea to pick up the interactive story forum? New people can be encouraged to either post on to someone else's contribution or create their own and see where others take it? As it's the only forum I've actually added any vestment of a story to at this point, I see it as a great opportunity for people to open up and test out their writing prowess. The "story garage" section can also be geared towards this area as well. I believe it was AK who posted a fantastic short story idea awhile ago that no one jumped on and he ended up running with it on his own. I'm sure there are many more ideas like that out there that many of us would love to take a crack at.

As I'm just a poor college student, I cannot afford to sign up for all the paysites that my little heart would desire, but I live from week to week by way of the freebies or previews that those who provide graciously do. The Steele Sisters are amazing at providing those of us who can't sign up with sizzling content either on their sites, the imagebank, their yahoo group, or by way of random's awesome pictures. To that, I totally thank them, and wish that other websites along their nature would follow suit, especially supersexyheroines, since they seem to have posted their advertisement and requisite same two images and are now gone. But I digress.

And speaking of images, I know for a fact since I have a small collection of them, that their are a ton of pictures floating around that most of us might not have ever seen. It was a lot easier to slowly sift through Greg's image webcrawler anything, but there doesn't seem to be a main central point to store great superwomen image content yet. The imagebank is on the right track, but I think there is so much more to add to it. You notice that all the artists from Supergirls Inc have pretty much dried up? What happened to them?? Questions questions questions.

Someone posted a link to the super daphne blog. We need to get this writer involved (if he/she isn't already). I find myself completely captivated by the imagery and realism of the author's portayal of a young supergirl. It's got just about every element that I liked about Evelyn's writing. hey wait....

Just my 2 cents. I hereby swear to contribute more in any way I can. And LFan, you and I need to carry on a conversation that we started almost a year ago. I have some ideas that might help stir things up.

=angels=

More
04 Nov 2005 04:33 #3312 by WhitePaw
Replied by WhitePaw on topic Re: How bout to this friggin forum???
<yawn> <stretch> Sorry I've been quiet. Just napping. That...and having my home torn insideout and tossed 10 miles. No hurricane. Just moving. Same diff.

As to the feedback on stories n' such, "never is heard a discouraging word"....usually means I shaddup iff'n I knowin what's good fer me.

Trying, honest.

But that's just me. I'm....um....'unique' it seems.

As to the REST of you lurkers... Yeah, I got 75 of 'em at my site too. Keeps them all under admin scrutiny I do. Short leash? Howbout no leash! Seems to work: never a peep from any of 'em. All on the hush hush at my pad :)

Oh. Not what you're going for?

Dunno. I'm really only good for inciting riots it seems. The friendly tea party really IS my sorta thing, but I always seem to wreck it somehow. I suppose I'll take my chainsaw-n-jet art back behind the restraining order now. :roll:

Freedom of speech fellas. Use it...or move in w/ me in Uzbekistan.
:wink:

Love,
-White Paw.

More
04 Nov 2005 15:54 #3324 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: How bout to this friggin forum???
Good ideas!

Have talked to admin about baord cleanup and that will happen slowly over the next week or so.

Also, dig the "Story Garage" idea where writers can swap ideas and story concepts. Same goes for "newbie" contest....good ideas!

As for the Intro Board -- we have it --- its the "Who We Are" board that is woefully silent of late!

LF

Lfan:

I don't think there's a single solution to the boards problems but I may be able to suggest a few small steps. btw, I'm certainly no expert on these matters so feel free to ignore everything I say :wink:. Also, I mean no disrespect in anything I say and don't mean to cause offence. Here goes...

We need to encourage our... erm... less vocal members to post. We could have an "Introduce yourself" section (the current "About us" section sounds a bit formal) and some quick guides on using the board (not everyone is computer savvy - It took me ages to figure I needed to play around with the check boxes to get my post to look right). It seems silly but not knowing how to use the board properly may stop people from posting. Finally, a global announcement telling people that "even a short reply is preffered to no reply at all" could help things.

However, I still believe that the most important thing is content. I realise there is another video/pics board, but that's no reason not to have the same here since were unlikely to end up with the same stuff anyway. Its much easier to comment on a vid than it is to comment on a story which you have to read first.

They're the sensible suggestions. Now for the more extreme/wacky ones.

How about having a newbie SGI workshop. Say, 3000 words max, and only open to those who have never entered a workshop before. When people realise how good it feels to be appreciated they might start to appreciate others more.

What about a "Story Garage" - a place where people can post ideas for incomplete stories and ask others (hopefully the quiter members) for advice, suggestions and ideas. I know I've got two or three stories in my head that I've never put on paper because of holes in the plot or not having an ending. This way the community gets more fiction and the process is more interactive.

The index page is a bit crowded. There are 36 sub-boards of which typically only two or three have any new posts. Amalgamating sub-boards would make the place seem a bit more lively.

Finally as a last resort you could threaten to boot out everyone who has 0 posts. I've seen this work wonders in the past but it would be a shame to see such a friendly board become hostile.

• lfan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Nov 2005 21:55 #3333 by mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee
Replied by mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee on topic Re: How bout to this friggin forum???
Speaking about superheroine pics from Halloween,I was sitting down in the living room watching Superman 2 this past weekend but what comes in my sight from across the street but a vision of blue and red. It was a brunette girl wearing a Supergirl costume. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture. Just goes to show that you must always have a digital camera close by, especially on Halloween weekend.

• mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee
More
05 Nov 2005 12:16 #3348 by Risatara
Replied by Risatara on topic Re: How bout to this friggin forum???
OK, Im not sure if that would bring any stuff, but some fun at least :D Waht about some Award, like a Icon somebody could post on his/her site or signature, for winning a contest here. It could be something like a cup, in different styles for the different contests, and with the contest above it, and the winner and the title of the story below.

More
05 Nov 2005 14:05 #3349 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: How bout to this friggin forum???

OK, Im not sure if that would bring any stuff, but some fun at least :D Waht about some Award, like a Icon somebody could post on his/her site or signature, for winning a contest here. It could be something like a cup, in different styles for the different contests, and with the contest above it, and the winner and the title of the story below.

That sounds like a pretty good idea.

So let me make sure I understand. The winner of some contest would recieve a special icon or avatar. Then, whenever or wherever they post, all the other members would see it and, if they don't know what it was for, either ask someone or search for the story that won it for them.

Thanks for the suggestion!!

More
05 Nov 2005 16:21 #3352 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: How bout to this friggin forum???
Maybe I'm just a "glass half full" kind of guy, but I think lfan is being far too pessimistic.

Sure, it would be nice to see more posts, more stories, more artwork. (No matter how much content the site offers, it would always be nice to see more!) But the forum isn't mearly as quiet as lfan implies. I usually log on a couple of times a day, and I usually find new posts. Naturally, some threads have flatlined, but new ones take their place -- this thread being a case in point!

angels laments that because many authors write specifically for the workshops, we have to wait a month and a half for new stories to appear. I'd turn that around -- Thanks to admin's active promotion of the story workshops, we can look forward to a new batch of stories every six weeks or so. If there's a site that can match our StoryBank for quality, quantity, and frequency, I'd like to know about it!

[and angels: You yourself admitted that a proposed workshop theme might give you the incentive to submit a story ... which by the way I hope you do. I really enjoyed your contribution to the interactive story.]

I hope I'm right in thinking that SWM seems to be in good health. admin deserves thanks for everything he's done -- not only to keep the site running on a day-to-day basis, but also to make it better (the ImageBank being a recent case in point).

[and admin: It's been a week since you posted your teaser about a new kind of workshop. Even if you're not ready for a full announcement yet, can you give us some idea of what it's about?]

I must say, however, that I do like some of the suggestions that lfan's lament provoked, and I have a couple of my own ... which I'll post later.

Gotta blast --
Argonaut

More
06 Nov 2005 02:22 #3366 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: How bout to this friggin forum???
1) Feedback on stories: I've posted a couple of harangues on this subject, so I won't repeat myself (partly because I've been remiss in responding to the last batch of workshop stories myself :oops: ).

It's nice to see feedback getting posted after each workshop, but lfan is right -- it's mostly half a dozen authors commenting on each other's stories.

Would it be possible for admin to add a "feedback form" to the end of each story placed in the StoryBank? Something along the lines of "Now that you've read this story, won't you take a moment to rate it on a scale of 1 to 5? Or you can send your comments to ... "

That might assure authors that more than six or eight people are reading their stories!

2) I'm not sure we need to set up a "kiddie's table" for new writers. In the past year, Mack, ace, and the guy who writes those Atalanta stories all stepped up to the plate for the first time ... and the two newcomers in Workshop 2.2 each earned more votes than the returning writers.

3) I like Risatara's idea of awarding icons to posting members. Herewith a few suggestions:

Each member earns a star for his or her first post. That might encourage newcomers to "get their feet wet."

A special star upon making, say, ten posts ... another for a hundred ... and so forth.

A different icon for posting a story, with variants for posting, say, five stories, or winning a poll.

Each month admin could award an icon for "meretorious service to the ubergirl fan community." Any member can submit nominations; the moderators could choose the month's winner and post a tribute. Lfan, conceptfan, bully pup, and Mandi Steele come to mind, but there are plenty of deserving nominees out there.

4) Now that SWM has some image-hosting capability, admin might take ace up on his offer of posting scans from his collection of Silver Age ubergirl stories. He has some "oldies" that a lot of us would get a kick out of. And updating one of them ("The Girl Who Was Mightier than Superman," say, or "The Battle Between Super-Lois and Super-Lana") might make for a fun workshop.

5) Finally -- How about an artist's workshop? Come up with a theme ("ubergirl changing into / from secret identity," say) and challenge the artists out there to come up with an image for it. BionicSkillz, d c matthews ... are you game?

Of course, no matter how brilliant our suggestions may be, admin will be the one doing all the work ... so let's let him decide which of them are worth the effort -- and thank him again for putting this site out there and keeping it going!

More
06 Nov 2005 19:37 #3376 by MackTheMouse2
Replied by MackTheMouse2 on topic It's just me
Sorry, folks. I just don't talk much. I'm not a very chatty person. I rarely have any great insights as to people's stories, I like some of them, I'm ambivalent about others- I figure unless I've got a really good comment, it's better if I just stay quiet.

I like looking at pictures, reading stories, tossing in my comments about movies/books not of this genre- that's not much of a commitment to being a fan, but it's pretty much all I'm up for most of the time.

I'm not disheartened by writing a story and having little or no feedback. I think most of the people out there are just like me. I figure people probably liked or didn't like my story, or wish a story I wrote was more explicit (or maybe had more bone-crushing displays of power), but I wrote the stories because I wanted to write them.

I totally agree that comments and compliments make me feel a lot better, but since I rarely toss them off to other people, I don't feel I deserve them. So no worries here. :)a

I think very few people have the real commitment to being a true fan- and I'm very happy with anyone who posts stories, puts together pictures, or draws their own (God, I wish I could draw). Those people keep the genre alive, and with new ideas and artistic sparks!

I'm just not a talkative person by nature. 'm sorry.

MTM2

More
06 Nov 2005 20:55 #3377 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Re: It's just me

Sorry, folks. I just don't talk much. I'm not a very chatty person. I rarely have any great insights as to people's stories, I like some of them, I'm ambivalent about others- I figure unless I've got a really good comment, it's better if I just stay quiet.
MTM2

I've got to disagree with this part. If you liked a story, say so, even if you don't have anything constructive to say.

For instance, check out my post about Conceptfan's Randolph and Kim story on the Conceptfan subforum. I didn't have anything really to say, but when I finally got around to reading the story, I let him know that I enjoyed it.

If a lot more people did that for every story they liked, I think a lot of writers would feel much more motivated to write even more. I know I've been highly encouraged by the positive responses to my writing, and it's helped motivate me to keep going, if slowly due to lack of free time.

YAGS

More
06 Nov 2005 23:18 #3379 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: It's just me

Sorry, folks. I just don't talk much. I'm not a very chatty person.

MTM2

This is one defense that I have never been able to use as my name was usually the first one every teacher I ever had learned as I was always talking and never shut up.

I am not for trying to discourage "lurkers" and I will tell you why.
A couple of years ago one of the "Band Boosters" at my son's school started giving me a hard time about not being more active and supportive of the group. The implication was that I was a lazy freeloader letting others do the work. This guy didn't know me very well or I doubt he would have said what he did.

After 8 years as a practice/assistant/head baseball coach, 6 seasons as a head or co-head soccer coach (football for you English blokes) and 3 seasons as an assistant basketball coach I felt that I had done WAY MORE than my share.

I love going to the HEROMORPH WEB SITE. I am a registered member there, but I have never posted anything as I just don't feel qualified to do so. I love the art work on that site and wish I had the talent to do it, but
one of the few things I did worse in than English was Art. They are a nice bunch over there, funny, talented and very supportive of new comers. I would hope that some of them come over here and enjoy this site and our stories (maybe even one of mine). They work mostly for the compliments of their peers and I think their bandwidth problems speak to the popularity of that site.

I am not much for wanting points or Gold Stars for writing (but pointers from folks who know what they are doing are always welcome). I do it because I enjoy it and I like the folks on this site. It is a great diversion from work and gets my mind off things the same way that flying does. I really hope that some of the outstanding prolific writers on this site (and maybe a few photomanip artists) get at least a little enjoyment from some of the stuff that I have written.

It has changed my 1.5 hr a day commute from mindless radio listening time, to time that I use to come up with new stories and plots or evil schemes to thwart CF (hey when you are number one, every one is going to come out gunning for ya). I hope that shortly Kate will take care of the latter for me in spectacular fashion!

In turns of support, I would happily provide financial assistance to this or the HEROMORPH site if requested. Every time I sign in I look to see if we have reached 1000 members yet. From my standpoint, this site just keeps getting better and better.

For me, this weekends “treats” were the new Super-Ex photos and threads. I think that with my high speed internet I get some free web space hosting (what ever that means) so maybe I should get off my lazy ass and see if I can put up some comic book scans there or find out what it takes to host picture files. Don’t hold your breath, but I will try to get around to it.

More
07 Nov 2005 09:57 #3385 by helix111

I'm not sure we need to set up a "kiddie's table" for new writers. In the past year, Mack, ace, and the guy who writes those Atalanta stories all stepped up to the plate for the first time ... and the two newcomers in Workshop 2.2 each earned more votes than the returning writers.

You are always going to get good, new writers cropping up. The point of a new writer's workshop is to encourage people who otherwise would write to give it a go.

Yes, this would best be achieved by introducing an "easier" workshop but lets not forget, the current workshops can seem quite challenging. First you have to think of an idea, then dream upo some content and finally put fingers to keyboard. In many ways the short stories are even harder due to the challenges of expressing yourself in such a small number of words.

On another note, I love the idea of letting winners of a workshop display a special avatar.

On other phpBB boards I've seen posters have descriptions based on how many posts they've made. E.g <10 and you might be a "Puny Man" but when you get to 1000 you become "A Supergirl" (with several other stages in between).

More
08 Nov 2005 19:04 #3428 by Risatara
Replied by Risatara on topic Re: How bout to this friggin forum???

That sounds like a pretty good idea.

So let me make sure I understand. The winner of some contest would recieve a special icon or avatar. Then, whenever or wherever they post, all the other members would see it and, if they don't know what it was for, either ask someone or search for the story that won it for them.

Thanks for the suggestion!!

Your Idea is not bad, but I meant something like a Icon you can post where you want, esspecially in your Signature if you want. But somebody could put the Awards in the Author-Part... if thats possible for the Admin...

More
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds