Amount

The honking of geese (a notebook)

04 Jul 2016 14:32 - 08 Jul 2016 23:51 #48968 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)

Ravens_ghost wrote: I'm a lurker at heart, but can the goddess give us more of that last snip-it, please.

Honestly, few things are more effective at getting a goddess to linger than asking her to :blush:.

Also as a heads up, depending on when you read it there are some substantial changes to part 1 including an additional character (Ella) being introduced who you'll see more of later.

Fifteen Minutes of Fame (part 2)
by Au Goose
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 08 Jul 2016 23:51 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Sarge395, algae2k, koopa, Ravens_ghost, furbutt4, veggicidal, LustMonster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AuGoose
  • AuGoose's Avatar Topic Author
More
06 Jul 2016 14:51 - 08 Jul 2016 23:53 #48993 by AuGoose
To my enduring astonishment, 15 Minutes of Fame is complete (though not done). Every crucial plot point covered, every bridge between scenes built. Which is a huge relief because so often I have a beginning, and ending, and a whole box of parts that don't quite shuffle into neat rows. My muse was feeling unusually through.

Part I and II have some added body now, and in particular it might be worthwhile to review part I. Because I tend to do so much focused editing after posting a chunk I'm gonna continue to break the story down into bite sized pieces for your reading and to limit and direct my screaming 'goddam typos!' at it :). Plus I think Katie would approve.

We return to your program, already in progress...

Fifteen Minutes of Fame (part 3)
by Au Goose

Last edit: 08 Jul 2016 23:53 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Sarge395, algae2k, koopa, furbutt4, LustMonster

• AuGoose
More
06 Jul 2016 15:44 #48994 by LustMonster
Replied by LustMonster on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)

Every breath was held--

Including MINE, dammit!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Next part please!
The following user(s) said Thank You: anterion, koopa, Ravens_ghost

More
07 Jul 2016 00:19 #48996 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)
This is terrific.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AuGoose

More
07 Jul 2016 15:28 #49011 by lojack
Replied by lojack on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)
You are a bad man. A very very bad man! :P

But, props for the #Dickstarter hashtag, I laughed at that one! :laugh:

More
07 Jul 2016 19:36 - 10 Jul 2016 12:23 #49019 by AuGoose

lojack wrote: You are a bad man. A very very bad man! :P

Katie made me do it :whistle: . Though honestly you should cherish the moment: it won't be nearly as thrilling when all the parts are assembled for the library.

But, props for the #Dickstarter hashtag, I laughed at that one! :laugh:

Credit for that pun actually goes to LustMonster, who's served as a very insightful focus group for KIBCs programming :).

I've been wrestling with some doubts about the remainder of the story, trying to find the sweet spot between some of my own proclivities and what'll play best to the larger audience (a dilemma I only resolved about an hour ago). Looking ahead, there's also increasing elements of plot and drama so folks looking for a pure fap-tastic ride might be a little disappointed.

LustMonster wrote:

Every breath was held--

Including MINE, dammit!

1... 2... 3... And breathe...

Fifteen Minutes of Fame (part 4)
by Au Goose

Last edit: 10 Jul 2016 12:23 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, AlbertC, koopa, Ravens_ghost, LustMonster

• AuGoose
More
07 Jul 2016 20:16 #49020 by LustMonster

1... 2... 3... And breathe...

WHEW!!!!!

Most excellent!

Poor weatherman -- IT'S ARMAGEDDON FOR THE BAY AREA!!

Credit for that pun actually goes to LustMonster

Returning the favor for his awesome "Hell's barbecue sauce", making its icky appearance in my "Expedition Part 4" story.

More
08 Jul 2016 14:24 #49025 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)
Whoa. 150 million? At this point, a fight between the SF Angel and Super Katie will be like an ordinary mortal vs. Supergirl with the SF Angel shattering her own hand punching Super Katie's unprecedented goddess abs.

More
08 Jul 2016 15:35 #49026 by lojack
That escalated quickly! She does only have five minutes and we have to be running out of time here, especially after the affiliate catch-up and the weather segment. I'm curious how she squeezes the last drops out and get to her final form. (I'm guessing the self mod ability goes away at the end of the five minutes, but the rest are hers to keep- a lifetime supply of powers, a copy of the home game, and Rice-a-Roni®, The San Francisco Treat®)

The big question isn't actually about her, but rather what is the entity getting out of this? It obviously had a reason to make the Angel the way it did, so it was getting something out of that arrangement. (Sexual energy sustains it?) Plus it doubted the million mark, and must be stuffed or even soaking in whatever it is getting at 150x and rising from that. Heck, she was squirming in her seat with excitement/desire when she saw the Angel lift ~2.5 tons of car/guys overhead, and she can do that feat now with a rather large train engine, with more to come.

Oh, and something tells me that ORCA is going to have much more than a handful when they come to have a chat with Katie. :)

More
08 Jul 2016 15:56 #49027 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)

lojack wrote: The big question isn't actually about her, but rather what is the entity getting out of this? It obviously had a reason to make the Angel the way it did, so it was getting something out of that arrangement. (Sexual energy sustains it?) Plus it doubted the million mark, and must be stuffed or even soaking in whatever it is getting at 150x and rising from that. Heck, she was squirming in her seat with excitement/desire when she saw the Angel lift ~2.5 tons of car/guys overhead, and she can do that feat now with a rather large train engine, with more to come.

Oh, and something tells me that ORCA is going to have much more than a handful when they come to have a chat with Katie. :)

Maybe the entity is just making Supergirls for the lulz, like DKC's The Alicia Chronicles?

As to ORCA having more than a handful when they come to chat with Katie: Well duh, her breasts are MUCH bigger than that already :P

More
08 Jul 2016 15:57 #49028 by lojack
Oh, thought re: Ella- Either she's getting something extra from Katie when this is over, or she's the paranatural that is feeding off the sexual energy of her converts.

More
08 Jul 2016 21:27 - 10 Jul 2016 07:48 #49037 by AuGoose

jumperprime wrote: Whoa. 150 million? At this point, a fight between the SF Angel and Super Katie will be like an ordinary mortal vs. Supergirl with the SF Angel shattering her own hand punching Super Katie's unprecedented goddess abs.

Funny you should mention that... Though sometimes the lesson 'there's always a bigger fish' doesn't go the way you'd expect...

lojack wrote: Oh, thought re: Ella- Either she's getting something extra from Katie when this is over, or she's the paranatural that is feeding off the sexual energy of her converts.

Chekhov's Gun does demand she have a little more to say before we're done, though she does have an un-credited role in sweeping up the snow from Katie's little foray into meteorology :).

Thanks for the open speculation :cheer:. It makes me feel better knowing that having the answers to these questions in mind almost before the first words were written was brain-sweat that'll pay off in grins later ;).

I did finally do my punch-up pass on part IV - Katie drew up her revised bucket-list :P along with some other new tidbits.

We now return to our National Katie-Day celebration, already in progress.

Fifteen Minutes of Fame (part 5)
by Au Goose

Last edit: 10 Jul 2016 07:48 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

• AuGoose
More
08 Jul 2016 22:56 - 08 Jul 2016 22:58 #49038 by AuGoose

lojack wrote: That escalated quickly! She does only have five minutes and we have to be running out of time here, especially after the affiliate catch-up and the weather segment.

Yeah. While many things are happening in parallel and a lot of the inter dialogue is the matter of a split second, ultimately I've found and patched in so many little gags since I started that I'll probably retitle it Fifteen Minutes of Fame, It'll take a little juggling and clean-up, but probably for the best. Innitally I was pushing for a tight race, but gawd it's been fun watching her cavort on stage.

I'm curious how she squeezes the last drops out and get to her final form. (I'm guessing the self mod ability goes away at the end of the five minutes, but the rest are hers to keep- a lifetime supply of powers, a copy of the home game, and Rice-a-Roni®, The San Francisco Treat®)

That's much in line with my own sense of the wager. If that doesn't come through I'll need to polish the early dialogue with the Voice a little more.

The big question isn't actually about her, but rather what is the entity getting out of this? It obviously had a reason to make the Angel the way it did, so it was getting something out of that arrangement. (Sexual energy sustains it?) Plus it doubted the million mark, and must be stuffed or even soaking in whatever it is getting at 150x and rising from that. Heck, she was squirming in her seat with excitement/desire when she saw the Angel lift ~2.5 tons of car/guys overhead, and she can do that feat now with a rather large train engine, with more to come.

Most shall be revealed... :whistle:
Last edit: 08 Jul 2016 22:58 by AuGoose.

• AuGoose
More
09 Jul 2016 01:44 #49040 by lojack
Well, now she's gong to need some footwear, and possibly a spare costume......

More
10 Jul 2016 08:45 - 10 Jul 2016 16:05 #49047 by AuGoose
Well, its been a fun ride and I've had my own ups and downs shepherding it along. KIBC is proud to present the penultimate act of our program, part six in a seven part series...

Fifteen Minutes of Fame (part 6)
by Au Goose

Last edit: 10 Jul 2016 16:05 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, slim36, koopa, Ravens_ghost, LustMonster, Heronimus

• AuGoose
More
10 Jul 2016 13:59 #49049 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)
Finally the fantasies stored in massive server farms around the world can escape. The web of fiber optic cables delivers an apocalyptic blast of terabits to Katie. The final product is the Red Matter from Star Trek that creates black holes and allows for alternate universes and unending sequels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost, AuGoose

More
10 Jul 2016 23:40 - 11 Jul 2016 00:09 #49056 by LustMonster
At this point I feel unable to offer any intelligent or constructively witty comment.

Mouth open...

Tongue hanging out...

Drooling...

I probably should just shut up, but at least I gotta say...

This story is so fucking AWESOME!

Please bring on the earth-cracking FINALE...
Last edit: 11 Jul 2016 00:09 by LustMonster.

More
11 Jul 2016 15:12 - 11 Jul 2016 16:34 #49071 by AuGoose
And now for the conclusion of our broadcast, without further commercial interruptions.

Fifteen Minutes of Fame (part 7)
by Au Goose

Last edit: 11 Jul 2016 16:34 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, koopa, LustMonster, Heronimus

• AuGoose
More
11 Jul 2016 15:42 #49072 by koopa
Replied by koopa on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)
That's some INTENSE and HIGH LEVEL honking mr AU Goose. Really enjoyed this one. Ella's "power-up" sequence has got to be one of the hottest piece of uber-transformation I've ever read. Thank you for sharing and writing this so quickly.

More
11 Jul 2016 15:46 #49073 by lojack
Yay Ella!

More
13 Jul 2016 03:41 - 13 Jul 2016 22:16 #49097 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)
I think this is going into a top 10 story for me now. WoW!

When can we expect the finished full version to hit the library?
Last edit: 13 Jul 2016 22:16 by Sarge395. Reason: Added library comment
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
10 Aug 2016 16:27 - 12 Aug 2016 06:19 #49534 by AuGoose
Thanks for the kind words all :).

Ulterior Motives is not forgotten! Circe's Cup kindly delivered a much needed Gib-smack to the back of my noggin in the form of simply asking me what was wrong - and trying to answer the question shook more loose than weeks of staring at the story directly. While I'm not returning to it immediately, I understand where the snag occurred - despite the order I've posted pieces in, there will be a section added that precedes rather than follows the last installment. Doing that sequence as a recounting of events instead of letting the readers live through those events directly was dumb, and made me choke up every time I tried to script it that way.

Sorry for the mental gymnastics for the readers, but that's the price of seeing text before it's what I'd consider "Library Ready". Hopefully the look inside another writer's process is of value in it's own right :).

In the interim, the muse has been teasing me something fierce with two stories with very different Origins and themes. I'm trying to write out what I think will be the shorter one quickly before I lose my grasp on either thread.
The Last Bouquet (part 1)
by Au Goose

Last edit: 12 Aug 2016 06:19 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, koopa, LustMonster

• AuGoose
More
11 Aug 2016 11:51 - 14 Aug 2016 23:15 #49544 by AuGoose
Just puttering along trying to clear my plate :).
The Last Bouquet (part 2)
by Au Goose

Last edit: 14 Aug 2016 23:15 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Sarge395

• AuGoose
More
11 Aug 2016 14:21 #49545 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic The honking of geese (a notebook)
I'm intrigued by your new approach to story development -- rough draft here and final one in the library. I might try that someday. If you think it would be best to reorganize mmotives, I wouldn't hesitate to do that. It is all part of the drafting process that you have opened up for everyone to see.

I'm also really intrigued by Last Bouquet. It's a little on the dark side, which I personally like. Can't wait to see more of this one!

More
12 Aug 2016 20:18 - 12 Sep 2016 15:19 #49571 by AuGoose
Freight. Train. ;)
The Last Bouquet (part 3)
by Au Goose

Last edit: 12 Sep 2016 15:19 by AuGoose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, slim36

• AuGoose
More
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds