Amount

SuperheroineStories.com

04 Oct 2019 10:16 #65198 by JonX
Replied by JonX on topic SuperheroineStories.com
Hey man... yup, I get what you mean... but there is a plan :)
Day 8 is more timid... but that is exactly how I expected this character to be. She is ~19, she has grown up as a very plain and ordinary girl. On Day 1 she was homeless. Deflated, completely lacking in confidence.
Compare that to Day 2/3 where she is essentially transformed into a supermodel. Some girls would embrace that. I think other, especially the place where Emily is coming from, embrace that change slowly. She is a good person, and I just imagine that suddently overnight being blessed with the physical changes and also the superpower changes, I don't see her going out on the rampage. She is shy. She doesn't have any vendettas yet. 
Plus, I still think that even with Supergirl's powers, most girls when they come face-to-face with four big, older men, there is that old instinct of being fearful.
That's how I saw it anyway.
Don't worry.. she doesn't stay meek and mild for long - wait and see :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JonX
  • JonX's Avatar Topic Author
More
04 Oct 2019 15:05 #65200 by Idylls
Replied by Idylls on topic SuperheroineStories.com
I like the meek and mild. That contrast between a gentle appearance to overwhelming power is the very reason why I like Supergirl rather than Wonder Woman. 

I know that'll change though, it's just natural as you gain competence you become more confident. I just wish she doesn't forget where she came from. 

• Idylls
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Oct 2019 15:34 - 04 Oct 2019 15:41 #65201 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic SuperheroineStories.com

Idylls wrote: I like the meek and mild. That contrast between a gentle appearance to overwhelming power is the very reason why I like Supergirl rather than Wonder Woman. 

I know that'll change though, it's just natural as you gain competence you become more confident. I just wish she doesn't forget where she came from. 

I'd say Lynda Carter was pretty mild as Diana Prince. I think that is one of the reasons, apart from Lynda being stunningly beautiful, made her portrayal as Wonder Woman so attractive and popular (even today after all those years since the late 70's and early 80's.) Stunning!
Last edit: 04 Oct 2019 15:41 by Monty.

More
04 Oct 2019 15:55 #65202 by CJS
Replied by CJS on topic SuperheroineStories.com
This is great stuff, Jon. It's got action, yes, but we're seeing her grow as a character right before our eyes. Looking forward to more.

More
04 Oct 2019 16:48 #65203 by Gargamel
Replied by Gargamel on topic SuperheroineStories.com
I like it as well. With the chapters sorted by days it makes absolutely sense. Great part! 

More
04 Oct 2019 19:41 #65209 by Idylls
Replied by Idylls on topic SuperheroineStories.com

Monty wrote:
I'd say Lynda Carter was pretty mild as Diana Prince. I think that is one of the reasons, apart from Lynda being stunningly beautiful, made her portrayal as Wonder Woman so attractive and popular (even today after all those years since the late 70's and early 80's.) Stunning!

True. But that kind of portrayal won't be acceptable today, with any female character. Which is right and proper but on the other hand it's like any female characters aren't allowed to be vulnerable either. 

Thinking about that, male characters are no longer expected to macho stereotypes which is great as well.

• Idylls
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Oct 2019 12:39 #65220 by jmg88
Replied by jmg88 on topic SuperheroineStories.com
Hi JonX, man when you upload new chapters? Emily is so Powerful and cute, i can't wait for more 

More
05 Oct 2019 20:40 #65227 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic SuperheroineStories.com
Terrific tale.  Thanks.

More
06 Oct 2019 16:24 #65229 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic SuperheroineStories.com

JonX wrote: Hey man... yup, I get what you mean... but there is a plan :)
Day 8 is more timid... but that is exactly how I expected this character to be. She is ~19, she has grown up as a very plain and ordinary girl. On Day 1 she was homeless. Deflated, completely lacking in confidence.
Compare that to Day 2/3 where she is essentially transformed into a supermodel. Some girls would embrace that. I think other, especially the place where Emily is coming from, embrace that change slowly. She is a good person, and I just imagine that suddently overnight being blessed with the physical changes and also the superpower changes, I don't see her going out on the rampage. She is shy. She doesn't have any vendettas yet. 
Plus, I still think that even with Supergirl's powers, most girls when they come face-to-face with four big, older men, there is that old instinct of being fearful.
That's how I saw it anyway.
Don't worry.. she doesn't stay meek and mild for long - wait and see :)

Finally, an update! I have been following your work. Hope to see more of your future updates! 

Thank you. 

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds