Amount

New Audio Series: Super Me (update 6/1/19)

13 Nov 2018 06:59 #61997 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
I don’t hate Audio Books, but I generally avoid them.   I can read faster than I can listen.  I can a;so stop reading and pick back up easily, harder for me to do that w audio.

but I got this one on the creator list alone.   I’ve got more than enough entertainment from your stories that the cost was not a concern.

i have to say I was really surprised on how much I liked it.   Mostly the special effects worked, a few times I thought the sound was a bit out of balance, but more a quibble over style than a complaint.  The voice actress was great, not super fantastic, but really good, and she seemed to warm up as she went along..

Not my favorite kind of story, but it’s not like I don’t enjoy them.   She’s reprehensible, but that’s the fun part. :-).   And I have to say the story was billed correctly.   I knew exactly what I was getting, and it more than met my expectations.

I did think the section in the cave was well done, both in writing and delivery.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, papayoya1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2018 08:40 #61998 by mt4484
Replied by mt4484 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
sorry.. Is there a text file included?
it's hard for me because English isn't my native language.
If a text file is included, I would be very helpful in understanding this story.

More
13 Nov 2018 11:22 #62000 by AlbertC
Replied by AlbertC on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
 Hey guys,

I've tried to buy with my credit card, but seemed to have an issue despite I received an alert of transaction from Mastercard. How can I get the access?

More
13 Nov 2018 15:04 #62006 by papayoya1
Replied by papayoya1 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
Hi everyone, 

First of all, it was great to see the very positive reactions we've been having on the audiobook. This was always an idea that intrigued me, I think they Lindsey is a character they offers many possibilities to tell a story in first person and we were incredibly happy with the voice actress we managed to find (after a long casting!). 

I've see that a few people have been having issues with Gumroad accepting the payment for the product. I checked with them and they sent the link below with some tips on how to solve some common issues. Hopefully they can help! 

help.gumroad.com/11167-buyer-faq/why-did-my-payment-fail

Looking forward to hearing more about what you thought on the story. We are very motivated to keep producing more chapters (chapter 2 should be coming soon!) 
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

More
13 Nov 2018 23:31 #62012 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
This is cool! 37 minutes is a lot of content. Especially packed given how quickly the voice actress powers through the lines. Wish my commute was longer.

More
14 Nov 2018 02:30 #62016 by Raa
Being dyslexic I find audio books to be a blessing with how slow I read.  I"ll have to check this one out after I'm done with the audio series I'm working on now.

I really wish I could find a good audio text/PDF reader.  Maybe one of these days I could be done reading the shorties before voting happens.  :)

More
14 Nov 2018 05:55 - 14 Nov 2018 09:59 #62017 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)

Raa wrote: Being dyslexic I find audio books to be a blessing with how slow I read.  I"ll have to check this one out after I'm done with the audio series I'm working on now.

I really wish I could find a good audio text/PDF reader.  Maybe one of these days I could be done reading the shorties before voting happens.  :)

If you're using an Apple device, mate, check out "Aloud" in the app store. If you set the language for Siri to Australian, Siri has a real womans voice...if you can deal with a mild Aussie accent. She still sounds a tad monotonous, but its a real womans voice. Just paste any text or open a PDF file using this app and she will read to you.
Last edit: 14 Nov 2018 09:59 by Dru1076.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa

More
14 Nov 2018 06:34 #62018 by Gargamel
Replied by Gargamel on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
Great Idee, better execution. Voice actress is super, the plot of course not too profound (but that's not what I'm looking for), it was advertised correctly, very reasonable priced, lots of content and plenty of ss scene. Ican highly recommend it and look forward buying the next chapter(s). 
Only one little slip up in the plot I believe: the scene with the trucker shooting her. In one moment the bullet gets deflected by her boobs or another body part I don't remember and the next sentence is about holding the gun. Whereas otherwise she always tells what she is going to do. Obviously a minor minor thing just thought I mention that I found this odd. Looking forward to the next installation :) 
The following user(s) said Thank You: papayoya1

More
14 Nov 2018 07:25 #62019 by stmercy2020
Replied by stmercy2020 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
Okay... my thoughts, which may or may not be germaine, given how sleep-deprived I currently am.

1) The payment hassle really is something you want to get cleared up as quickly as possible- you have a quality product and a great price, but if people are having trouble purchasing it, they're at least as likely to give up without contacting you as they are to power through to a solution.

2) The voice actress. I really enjoyed her read on the character, although I'm a little worried that she'll become sort of old pretty quickly. Hopefully, she can provide more nuance as the story progresses. She has a good style- very clear and obviously emotionally invested, and that really works well in her favor

3) The story itself. This was really well-paced. Without spoilers, you gave us enough details about the main character for us to have a sense for how she would adapt to superhuman power, and she didn't disappoint. There wasn't a huge amount of super-shenanigans, but there was enough to keep me interested and amused, and Lindsey's reaction to her growing realization regarding her new powers was both believable and fun. I'll admit that shallow super-bimbos can only hold my interest for so long, though, so I'm hoping further chapters give both more ways for her to demonstrate her super power, and more justifiable reasons for her to do so. Justifiable to her, at least; I doubt that anyone who runs afoul of her will ever believe her actions are justifiable...

More
14 Nov 2018 08:16 #62020 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
Never been interested in these voice overs, I only bought this because I haven't read anything new from LFAN, and he's provided enough enjoyable reading material in the past, so paying 5 bucks for a story of his was the least I could do.

The story is a bit generic, especially if you've ever read any of Lfan's or Concepts stuff. You know how its going to start (Which is a good thing), you know where it's going (Which is a good thing), and three or four chapters in it'll become redundant (Which is a bad thing). but the voice over was a real treat. The actress was spot on, and seemed really into it. You've changed my mind entirely about Audio stories. 

By itself, its a semi decent story which I'd look forward to reading....WIth the Audio, it seems fresh unique and positively fantastic! I'm personally shocked that anyone would have any gripes for the actress at any point of this story. .

Great job guys,

looking forward for more!

Oh and no payment troubles whatsoever. 

More
14 Nov 2018 12:23 #62022 by pwnmawn
Replied by pwnmawn on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)

d_k_c wrote:  You know how its going to start (Which is a good thing), you know where it's going (Which is a good thing), and three or four chapters in it'll become redundant (Which is a bad thing) 

This is so true. If you mean that the stories' plots become increasingly irrelevant and just focus on every detail of the super events over and over.

The voice actress is doing an amazing job, but a lack of plot and motivations will hurt what she's doing at some point.

I'm thinking of a hero's (or villain's) tale where she starts at a point, gets challenged and perhaps defeated so then she can improve or learn what's needed to overcome that challenge. You can do all sorts of power manifestations in the meanwhile, which is an lfan specialty, but keep a relevant plot moving forward. If you just make her all powered and focus too much on how she destroys a truck, then a tank then an army for example, it will inevitably get boring.

Besides that, this is a great start in an amazing new format and will buy the next entry without a doubt. Thanks for your work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Sarge395, papayoya1

More
14 Nov 2018 13:13 - 14 Nov 2018 14:02 #62025 by lfan

pwnmawn wrote:

d_k_c wrote:  You know how its going to start (Which is a good thing), you know where it's going (Which is a good thing), and three or four chapters in it'll become redundant (Which is a bad thing) 

This is so true. If you mean that the stories' plots become increasingly irrelevant and just focus on every detail of the super events over and over.

The voice actress is doing an amazing job, but a lack of plot and motivations will hurt what she's doing at some point.

I'm thinking of a hero's (or villain's) tale where she starts at a point, gets challenged and perhaps defeated so then she can improve or learn what's needed to overcome that challenge. You can do all sorts of power manifestations in the meanwhile, which is an lfan specialty, but keep a relevant plot moving forward. If you just make her all powered and focus too much on how she destroys a truck, then a tank then an army for example, it will inevitably get boring.

Besides that, this is a great start in an amazing new format and will buy the next entry without a doubt. Thanks for your work.

Valid points!   I'll be the first to admit my fiction isn't exactly Tolstoy, and the excessive descriptions are done intentionally for a lot of the audience -- myself included.  In addition, the basic plot line of "girl gets powers" is the central theme and not too original admitingly.

i liken this more as an audio version of blogger, highlighting Lindsey's adventure, just in more of a story form.

As for reading he comment of getting boring after 3-4 chapters, I first was sad reading that, then mad, then was like "I guess I can see that" :)    Papa and I have some ideas coming up and give Lindsey some challenges, hopefully some which might lend itself to more of a story than simply "girl smash".  Because it's written in first person, it's greatest strength (telling it from her perspective) is some times it's biggest curse from a story telling perspective (cant really discuss stuff away from her perspective), but we have some ideas.   Part of the fun of the collaboration is leveraging our strengths in the genre and making a product people will like.  

We'll try our best to keep it interesting while keeping Lindsey's powers in the forefront.   

Thanks all all for the feedback -- good and bad!   Keep it coming!

ElF
Last edit: 14 Nov 2018 14:02 by lfan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelknight3000, Revan, pwnmawn

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 Nov 2018 14:04 #62026 by lfan

AlbertC wrote:  Hey guys,

I've tried to buy with my credit card, but seemed to have an issue despite I received an alert of transaction from Mastercard. How can I get the access?

Albert --

If still having issues, hit me up on Discord or send me an email to larafan22@yahoo.com.  We'll figure it out.....

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlbertC

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 Nov 2018 17:21 #62027 by d_k_c
Of course you’re not Tolstoy. Who can ever out do Tolstoy’s original work Anna Karenina. Where a Russian socialite, with a mental illness, is empowered with all the powers of a superhuman God.

Sadly, i’d Probably be more inclined to read it, if that were the synopsis.

but I think you know what I’m saying, often the formula for any story in SWM, finished or not, should be A-Z but what you often see is A B C D....D ....D.....D.....D

And hey I like D’s as much as the next guy, but is it wrong of me to want E’s and F’s? =)

Once the girl successfully defeats the military, in any story. I’m sufficiently done with it, and I’ll move on to the next story if I can.....but like I said, listening to this wonderful voice actress do her thing, I can’t  help but look forward to where it’s going,

Hell, I even want to write something using the same voice actress! 

Like I said, keep up the good work. I’ll definitely purchase the next episode!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, pwnmawn, papayoya1

More
14 Nov 2018 18:53 #62029 by lfan

d_k_c wrote: Of course you’re not Tolstoy. Who can ever out do Tolstoy’s original work Anna Karenina. Where a Russian socialite, with a mental illness, is empowered with all the powers of a superhuman God.

but I think you know what I’m saying, often the formula for any story in SWM, finished or not, should be A-Z but what you often see is A B C D....D ....D.....D.....D

And hey I like D’s as much as the next guy, but is it wrong of me to want E’s and F’s? =)

Once the girl successfully defeats the military, in any story. I’m sufficiently done with it, and I’ll move on to the next story if I can.....but like I said, listening to this wonderful voice actress do her thing, I can’t  help but look forward to where it’s going,

I like to think we're gonna keep progressing the story and still mix in Lindsey's "superness", albeit maybe a little too gratuitously for some.
The fact Lindsey is experimenting and discovering her powers over the next few chapters might seem a tad repetitive but like any new "toy", Lindsey wants to play with it.

I agree with your "military threshold" as I am kind the same way.....that typically shows the character as "unstoppable" so really not much to top that.  We'll do our best to make sure that doesn't happen, though I cannot confirm nor deny that encounter may or may not be in future chapters. :)

We're still flushing out the overall storyline (we have a few different directions we're toying with) but based on the initial response, it seems almost inevitable that we can make this a viable thing to continue (and afford the V.O. actress).  Our "Lindsey" does such a great job with her and is a joy to work with!

Hope you stick with us, DKC......it might be a tad repetitive but we'll make it worth the ride!

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwiceOnThursdays, papayoya1

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 Nov 2018 20:41 #62030 by papayoya1
Replied by papayoya1 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)

d_k_c wrote: Of course you’re not Tolstoy. Who can ever out do Tolstoy’s original work Anna Karenina. Where a Russian socialite, with a mental illness, is empowered with all the powers of a superhuman God.

I can completely understand what you are saying, and I know that a common trap in superwomen stories is to get stuck in the power use phase after the supergirl has become unstoppable too soon. Have some faith in us that we will try to write around that! As a matter of fact, in The Towers' Syndrome my intent was to make the plot not so linear and predictable even if Sienna got close to her full powers relatively soon. I don't know if I got the objective (you will be better at judging than me, since I'm obviously biased), but the idea was to introduce challenges and twists in the plot that forced Sienna to think and beat obstacles rather than just rampage straight to her final objective. 

Lindsey is, admittedly, a different type of character, and the set up is intentionally lighter in tone. This worked much better for a first-person story, or at least for one like the one we wanted to create an audiobook for. But this does not mean that the plot cannot be interesting and even surprising. As Larafan mentioned, there will be unavoidably a number of chapters at the beginning that will be focused on her learning more and more about her powers (and, honestly, I do not want to avoid them at all, since this is one of the greatest parts of the genre), but our intention is to have a plot that moves forward and, hopefully we'll go past D and even reach Z... please, let us know if we achieved it once we (think) we get there.

As for the girl, I agree. She is the best actress we could find for Lindsey. She does a great job and is incredibly enthusiastic about the role. 

I hope that you will continue enjoying the coming chapters!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, TwiceOnThursdays

More
15 Nov 2018 01:02 #62031 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
Purchased it. 

Wow! Great work. Be waiting for more. 

More
15 Nov 2018 01:41 #62032 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
Everyone should buy this. The voice actress delivers the goods, and the production value is pretty high, with contributions to the story from some of the best in the genre. 

Great stuff guys. I love it. 

More
15 Nov 2018 02:03 - 15 Nov 2018 02:07 #62033 by pwnmawn
Replied by pwnmawn on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)

lfan wrote: Because it's written in first person, it's greatest strength (telling it from her perspective) is some times it's biggest curse from a story telling perspective (cant really discuss stuff away from her perspective), but we have some ideas.

To be able to HEAR an angry, sad, seductive, happy, furious, frustrated, etc... superwoman is so cool, especially with an actress that is so involved. Hearing her emotions, needs and desires is such an amazing gateway to the character it should be taken advantage of.

That actually sounds very cool!

d_k_c wrote: but I think you know what I’m saying, often the formula for any story in SWM, finished or not, should be A-Z but what you often see is A B C D....D ....D.....D.....D

Kings of the Empire needs a little more of Z!

Who am I kidding, I haven't even been able to finish my own stories. Do your thing guys, I don't think I have the right to say much as a reader only.
Last edit: 15 Nov 2018 02:07 by pwnmawn. Reason: Wrong closed quote
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Sarge395, d_k_c, papayoya1

More
15 Nov 2018 03:41 #62034 by d_k_c
Comment away! Even bad criticism is good criticism. (From anybody) That's why I think it's important that people comment on this story. Some writers write without encouragement and feedback, some writers thrive off of encouragement and feed back.....But all writers appreciate encouragement and feed back..

So if you have ideas or suggestions where you'd like Super me to go.  You're likes and dislikes....I'm sure the authors would love to hear what you have to say.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, pwnmawn, papayoya1

More
15 Nov 2018 13:06 #62036 by AlbertC

lfan wrote:

AlbertC wrote:  Hey guys,

Albert --

If still having issues, hit me up on Discord or send me an email to larafan22@yahoo.com.  We'll figure it out.....

ElF

Thanks! I sent you an email about the issues

More
15 Nov 2018 19:28 #62042 by AlbertC
Hello guys

Just passing to say that all issues were solved and it worths every penny spent. For me which doesn't have English as mother language was easy to understand. And I waiting for the next episode
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, AuGoose, papayoya1

More
06 Dec 2018 15:20 - 06 Dec 2018 19:12 #62239 by lfan
A special message from Lindsey:  CLICK HERE

COMING SOON....

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 06 Dec 2018 19:12 by lfan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Kamelmann, ChaozCloud, SCOTT R, Revan, TwiceOnThursdays, AuGoose, veggicidal

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Dec 2018 22:00 #62243 by JonX
Cannot wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
06 Dec 2018 23:53 #62244 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic New Audio Series: Super Me (update 12/22)
Going to have for Saint Nick day?  

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds