Amount

The LaPorte Caves - Revised

20 Apr 2020 01:43 #67790 by Torque
Replied by Torque on topic The LaPorte Caves - Revised

circes_cup wrote: As I previously mentioned, the posting of Ch 12-14 this weekend marks the beginning of a hiatus while I sort out some serious shit on Ch 15-23. I don’t know how long it’s going to take me.  The chapters are being handled as a single cluster and therefore there will be no posting of Ch 15 until Ch 23 is nearly done.Supportive messages are always appreciated.   But I’m not going to be providing progress updates, and there is no need to nudge and prod.  Believe me, I won’t forget about the story!To tide you over for the wait, today’s posting is extra long — 16,000 words — and should give you a little bit extra to chew on.  And more importantly...Illustrations!  I have been the grateful recipient of a number of works of visual art related to the story, and I’m happy to report that much of this great art has now been uploaded to the story chapters!All chapters now have at least one visual piece embedded within, with the exception of 09b, 09c, 09d, 10 and 11.The bulk of this art has come from Lowerbase, who is without peer in the female power 3D visual art world; I am very lucky to have so much of his work.  I also owe thanks to each and every one of the artists, and to Woodclaw for handling the uploads. I am in the process of adding proper attributions to each piece.  This is a great example of where SWM shines: I can’t think of many places where the story text (which is outside DA’s content guidelines, BTW) can be posted alongside the visual imagery (which many sites don’t support).  Thank you, SWM!

Take your time! The ending is the most important part. I will be excited to see it, hopefully not TOO far off!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lucent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2020 02:25 #67895 by mpac00
Replied by mpac00 on topic The LaPorte Caves - Revised
Further thoughts about the changing dynamics if Howard's and Julia's relationship.  Not sure how much CC has worked this out.  He's definitely has thought through the changing feelings of Howard and Julia.
Lets make an assumption.  Back on earth the core feeling Howard and Julia felt towards each other was love.  Sure there was other feelings like dependence and hero.  Now lets go to
Weald.  What's one of the first thing Howard thought when he saw her nourished?  Holy shit she could
beat me up.  That's before we really learned of the true super hero
strength. So what about Julia?  She now feels how weak he is.  She gets off
on that.  So at her core is dominance.  Both feel love but it's not
their core emotion to their relationship now.Now let's really through a wrench in there.  A Weald woman's core feeling
to themselves is love.  So Julia has replaced her love to Howard with love
to herself, leaving Howard on the periphery.
Now maybe I'm wrong for Weald men.  Sallan would almost indicate that his
core feeling towards his mistress was love not fear.  But that is not
universal.  Take a look at the time when Julia saw a man slacking off.  I
can't picture that man has love in his core.  I can imagine it was
fear.So what's my point after this long winded monologue?  Howard has reacted because his core
feeling changed and he so wants to change it back.  Julia has reacted
because her core feelings changed and she so does not want to change
them back.

As a side note, Take Julia's core feeling to the extreme and you have Mindy.  If she could get past her bitterness and then fall for a guy, her core feeling will be contempt.  We have not really seen Ruth's inner thoughts, but I'm guessing her core feelings to her husband is somewhere between Mindy and Julia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eromacque, twitch99

More
23 May 2020 00:08 #68110 by anonxyzus
Replied by anonxyzus on topic The LaPorte Caves - Revised
In chapter 15 of the original LaPorte Caves Julia learns that the women find it acceptable to beat a man, break his bones, maim him, if that is what they must do to restore their inner peace. But nowhere in the chapter do they explain why they don't physically attack another woman who has hurt them. If possible, I'd like to hear an explanation for that, why they believe it is acceptable to physically harm a man, but not another woman.

More
23 May 2020 23:48 #68130 by mpac00
Replied by mpac00 on topic The LaPorte Caves - Revised
Back in the original version, chapter 14, Julia said women here tend to avoid contact with each other.  This was not repeated in revised, different circumstance.  But I think it's still the same world view.  Likely that is how they get around this problem.

Plus men are to serve and provide pleasure to the women.  One can imaging if that expectation is broken, then that is the source of the disturbance of inner peace.  Note, other women are not expected to provide the same.  So I think women are the group of insiders and their own camaraderie keeps them together.  Inner peace comes from their relationship with the men.

More
01 Jun 2020 02:33 #68239 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic The LaPorte Caves - Revised
I have recently been the grateful recipient of a number of illustrations from some very talented 3D and traditional artists.  The following went up in the story yesterday (or are going up soon):
  • 9d The Recital - two images from MiniGtsLover on a commission basis from an anonymous donor
  • 10 The All-Consuming fire - image TBA upon approval from artist
  • 11 Julia’s Decision - an image from SEDNA Studio - Kaka
  • 11 Julia’s Decision - an image from Lowerbase
  • 12-14 - an image from BubbleBadassButts
Thank you Woodclaw for taking care of the postings!

Also, I recently posted a few portraits of LPC characters to my DA page, so check that out as well!

Finally, for those of you that are following the story itself, I continue to work on the next chapters.  No insight on a completion date.  Stay tuned!

Best,
Circes
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Woodclaw, Pepper, Monty, AuGoose, twitch99, Sam+Norton, guimachajo1

• circes_cup
  • circes_cup's Avatar Topic Author
More
01 Jun 2020 09:26 #68240 by Sam+Norton
Replied by Sam+Norton on topic The LaPorte Caves - Revised
Don't worry and take your time!!!! :D

More
13 Jun 2020 14:09 #68338 by circes_cup
New illustrations posted!

9.d now has a third illustration, by MiniGtsLover on commission from an anonymous donor.

10 now has two illustrations by MikazukiArt

They are all really nice images.  Thank you to all involved, and to Woodclaw for doing the postings!

circes
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, RevTekkX, HikerAngel

• circes_cup
More
09 Sep 2020 13:33 #69117 by Torque
Hey circes!
How are the next chapters coming? Still plugging away?
The following user(s) said Thank You: RevTekkX

More
09 Sep 2020 20:03 #69119 by circes_cup
Hey!  Yes, indeed—- still plugging away.  As usual, I dont have any predictions on timing.  Lots going on in life and but I still enjoy making time for this when I can. Thanks for the note and the patience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RevTekkX, Monty, twitch99, Sam+Norton, HikerAngel, BrokenIron

• circes_cup
More
10 Sep 2020 14:19 - 10 Sep 2020 14:47 #69127 by HikerAngel
Replied by HikerAngel on topic The LaPorte Caves - Revised
Glad to hear you’re still chugging away as time allows. Looking forward to the next chapter! :)
Last edit: 10 Sep 2020 14:47 by HikerAngel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RevTekkX, Sam+Norton, BrokenIron

More
20 Oct 2020 15:45 - 22 Oct 2020 00:01 #69530 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic The LaPorte Caves - Revised
Julia was astonished. Now Fully and Newly Nourished, she tried to drink in her overwhelming new physique, strength and power beyond her comprehension....

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 22 Oct 2020 00:01 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RevTekkX, Ravens_ghost, eromacque, jnw550, tranquinha, reddofnonnac, twitch99, cristian01984

More
29 Jan 2021 09:54 #70313 by Byzantine
Replied by Byzantine on topic The LaPorte Caves - Revised
Is there any news about the story? I'm really looking forward to reading the new chapters.

More
01 Feb 2021 01:36 #70346 by circes_cup
Always gratifying to know that someone is still interested in this. I still work on it in between real life obligations, but those obligations are many these days and they have to come first.

I have no idea when I’ll finish the next bit — none at all. Thanks again for the interest.

Best,
Circes
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChaozCloud, Monty, twitch99, HikerAngel, BrokenIron

• circes_cup
More
03 Feb 2021 23:58 #70354 by Pepper
Replied by Pepper on topic The LaPorte Caves - Revised

circes_cup wrote: Always gratifying to know that someone is still interested in this.

I think there are a lot of us looking forward to the next chapters, but I, for one, don't want to feel like I'm pestering you for them.

That said, if there's anything we can do to help or encourage you, let us know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, ChaozCloud, Lucent, Monty, twitch99, wf711022, HikerAngel

More
31 Aug 2021 03:05 #72196 by wf711022
Replied by wf711022 on topic The LaPorte Caves - Revised
It seems difficult for Julia to accept Howard's service only. Julia's strong sexual ability is as difficult to control as taking drugs. She needs a lot of men. This makes it more difficult for Howard to accept this reality. Will Howard and Amanda develop into lovers? If Howard and Amanda develop into lovers, Julia will not let Howard go, and even abuse Howard physically and mentally. Look forward to updating soon!

More
31 Aug 2021 07:30 - 31 Aug 2021 11:38 #72198 by Monty
I remember a story where the vitamin that the girls were taking made them Superstrong (with the bodies to show for it, to the point where they were godesses).
The vitamin also acted as an aphrodisiac to compel the women to have more sexual pleasures, which in turn increased the girl's muscular power, far beyond the range of normal human levels.
It could be used as a scenario where Howard tries to refuse (without much success as you would expect!) Julia's insistent approaches for more as he sees the effects that their coupling has on Julia's power and strength.
Apologies Circes if that would lead your story away from your future plans, it was just a thought and I wouldn't want to interfere in your great story. I hope you are keeping well!

Last edit: 31 Aug 2021 11:38 by Monty.

More
31 Aug 2021 18:26 #72199 by Pepper

I remember a story where the vitamin that the girls were taking made them Superstrong (with the bodies to show for it, to the point where they were godesses).
The vitamin also acted as an aphrodisiac to compel the women to have more sexual pleasures, which in turn increased the girl's muscular power, far beyond the range of normal human levels.
It could be used as a scenario where Howard tries to refuse (without much success as you would expect!) Julia's insistent approaches for more as he sees the effects that their coupling has on Julia's power and strength.
Apologies Circes if that would lead your story away from your future plans, it was just a thought and I wouldn't want to interfere in your great story. I hope you are keeping well!

That would create a situation where Julia has a justification, such as it is, for taking as many partners as possible.  She might even use that as an excuse for seducing Howard, promising that she can protect him better if he makes her stronger.

As the story is, the women are pure hedonists.  There is no justification for the way they treat men, other than their own pleasure.  It's a different sort of dynamic; makes them seem that much more greedy and abusive.  

More
01 Sep 2021 21:15 - 01 Sep 2021 21:20 #72207 by RevTekkX
Replied by RevTekkX on topic The LaPorte Caves - Revised
The vitamin also acted as an aphrodisiac to compel the women to have more sexual pleasures, which in turn increased the girl's muscular power, far beyond the range of normal human levels. ...

Have a recollection of the name of that story, and if so may I please trouble you to share it?

Thanks!!
Last edit: 01 Sep 2021 21:20 by RevTekkX.

More
02 Sep 2021 10:10 #72213 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic The LaPorte Caves - Revised

The vitamin also acted as an aphrodisiac to compel the women to have more sexual pleasures, which in turn increased the girl's muscular power, far beyond the range of normal human levels. ...

Have a recollection of the name of that story, and if so may I please trouble you to share it?

Thanks!!
I believe it was Feminox super-vitamins.

More
05 Oct 2021 05:27 #72399 by Torque
I still check back here every now and then hoping to see where you take this. Hope to see you post again soon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pepper, Lucent

More
06 Oct 2021 02:09 #72401 by Pepper
Yeah, it's a great story, and I hope to see it continue, someday.  I don't want to pester circes_cup, but it has been a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lucent

More
27 Oct 2021 13:24 #72539 by circes_cup
Thank you all for the inquiries about the status of this story. I haven’t forgotten the story and I still work on it when my schedule allows. But my schedule is pretty tight, and it’s hard to predict when it will be done. Thanks again for the continued interest!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChaozCloud, Victoria Nike

• circes_cup
More
28 Oct 2021 01:02 #72544 by Pepper
Well, you could post what you've got so far, and the rest when it's ready.  It was good enough for Dickens.

More
03 May 2022 15:46 #74028 by Torque
I still come back to this story every now and then. I re-read it a few weeks ago, and picked up on a few things I overlooked that I hope get answers, like how Julia pictures herself and Howard not as a superwoman couple, but a normal version of themselves, and that's what calms her down. There's still a lot of interesting potential story arcs about how the fruit shouldn't be used in the overly manufactured way that it has been, that the Weald has abused it for too long and it's unsustainable. That could open up a lot of paths for the narrative to continue. In any case, definitely still hoping for a continuation soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RevTekkX, Monty

More
03 May 2022 16:40 - 04 May 2022 00:31 #74029 by Monty

I still come back to this story every now and then. I re-read it a few weeks ago, and picked up on a few things I overlooked that I hope get answers, like how Julia pictures herself and Howard not as a superwoman couple, but a normal version of themselves, and that's what calms her down. There's still a lot of interesting potential story arcs about how the fruit shouldn't be used in the overly manufactured way that it has been, that the Weald has abused it for too long and it's unsustainable. That could open up a lot of paths for the narrative to continue. In any case, definitely still hoping for a continuation soon.
In no way whatsoever would I mean any disrespect to Circes for his monumental efforts in writing his brilliant La Porte Caves. It is an absolutely stunning piece of work!
He may have experienced writer's block / writer's cramp in trying to re-write a great story that he has produced.
If he wants, he can pick it up again. I'm just grateful for having had the chance to read his original masterpiece.
Last edit: 04 May 2022 00:31 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RevTekkX

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds