Amount

SuperStarter

02 Jan 2020 20:13 - 02 Jan 2020 20:15 #66192 by Revan
Replied by Revan on topic SuperStarter

njae wrote: Wow, those results are quite extreme. Serena's votes were quite similar but Hannah's literally exploded. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a bot voting going on there somehow.

Was wondering that myself tbh, seems like a lot of traffic for just 4 days compared to previous weeks, plus the gap between costume and power votes is enormous.
Or the site has a lot more lurkers than I guessed. 
Last edit: 02 Jan 2020 20:15 by Revan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HikerAngel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2020 23:57 - 02 Jan 2020 23:58 #66204 by HikerAngel
Replied by HikerAngel on topic SuperStarter

Whatever wrote: Come to think of it,  might it be prudent to give Hannah and Serena some power that is unique to them? I know that this goes against the main dynamic of the story somewhat, so I certainly don't want to suggest anything too powerful in a way of direct comparison- but something befitting their unique approach to being super. Something the other can't/ won't replicate? 

That's a really good idea, but I'm pretty far along with these powers and have some ideas for the rest of the story at this point. If you don't mind, though, I would like to use that idea in a future story... :)

Njae and Revan, I think you may be correct. Someone apparently REALLY wanted Hannah to be powerful for this upcoming episode. (She will be!)

To the creator of the bot-thing that was willing to put that much effort into changing the voting, if you're reading this: I could write a story just for you, just how you want it, you know. I take commissions... (hint, hint)

Kidding, of course.

Kinda.

Okay, not really--you got me!

:)
Last edit: 02 Jan 2020 23:58 by HikerAngel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Revan

• HikerAngel
  • HikerAngel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
03 Jan 2020 02:06 - 03 Jan 2020 02:09 #66206 by HikerAngel
Okay, part 4 is submitted for posting Sunday. I tried to help Woodclaw by attempting to format this one. I can't even figure out how to tab-indent paragraphs in the editing tool! I fear I made his job even harder by attempting to help.

Did I say how much I appreciate your help taking my jumbled mess of text and making it look pretty? If I haven't recently, then THANK YOU!!! (Unfortunately, I'm probably the worst maintenance problem he's got among the wonderful authors on this site.)

Last time, I just had a jumble of links to costume pictures, which he arranged into something that looked really good.

Anyway, I thought I'd paste in the first couple of paragraphs as a teaser for the next episode... ;)

The pleasure that flowed into Serena was quickly overwhelmed by the cries of rapture that rang inside her mind…

...from Hannah!

Serena forced her eyes open to see what was happening.

Hannah’s back was bowed, every muscle in her body contracting at once. She tensed her arms and legs, which erupted with slim, defined muscle. A golden glow emanated from her body as it shook with the massive influx of power that she was absorbing, far more than either girl had experienced to this point.

Hannah let out a high-pitched scream as she quivered with the unbelievable amount of energy flowing through her. Her cry sent a shockwave through the stadium.

“My God!” said Serena aloud.

As Hannah’s body began to change, Serena was, for the first time, in awe of another woman. Serena knew that her own body was beyond gorgeous. She also knew that she couldn’t hold a candle to the goddess she saw on the platform across from her.

Hannah was flawless. Her impossibly thick, vibrant, shimmering hair swirled around her, seeming to defy gravity. Her eyes were closed, her insanely long eyelashes fluttering with the aftershocks of what Serena knew was rapture beyond imagining—she could feel the overwhelming echoes of it in her own mind through her telepathic connection with the younger girl.

Hannah’s complexion radiated healthy, tanned perfection. Her lips parted as she gulped air, the nubile beauty breathing heavily as she recovered from the assimilation of the most powerful surge of energy ever unleashed on earth.

Last edit: 03 Jan 2020 02:09 by HikerAngel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Revan, Lulu

• HikerAngel
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
03 Jan 2020 04:42 #66207 by barber
Replied by barber on topic SuperStarter
Maybe Superstarter is about fame. Maybe it's about how many obese nerds you can convince to lick the Cheetos off their hands and write a voting bot. I guess that's a kind of fame.

More
03 Jan 2020 09:17 #66209 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic SuperStarter

HikerAngel wrote: Okay, part 4 is submitted for posting Sunday. I tried to help Woodclaw by attempting to format this one. I can't even figure out how to tab-indent paragraphs in the editing tool! I fear I made his job even harder by attempting to help.

Thank you for trying. There is just no way to add the indent through the normal editor functions, it's something I add by working on the code by hand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, HikerAngel

More
05 Jan 2020 00:11 #66240 by HikerAngel
Episode 4 is now live! I can't wait for episode 5. Now that the girls can wipe the floor with the rest of the Fairness Team, I'm thinking training is over and the next episode should have some real action... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, ChaozCloud, Revan, Lulu

• HikerAngel
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
05 Jan 2020 13:55 #66245 by Bolt527
Replied by Bolt527 on topic SuperStarter
I'm thinking they altered the machine to give Hannah's votes to this lady, Siphon--hint is in the name--and possibly multiply the power generated. If that's true, called it! And nice twist. Hope that observation increases "Hannah's" vote total...for some competition for the heroes.

Great job. Your productivity is admirable.

More
05 Jan 2020 15:26 - 05 Jan 2020 15:27 #66247 by Whatever
Replied by Whatever on topic SuperStarter
Gotta say, this episode made Serena click for me a lot more than she has before. I was interested to see if she'd have a similar reaction to Hannah to being totally outclassed, but even though for her, the chasm is far wider, she took it with far less envy. 

It's almost weird to see the once-overconfident character be the less self-absorbed of the two. Seeing her having to reinterpret the situation without needlessly crumbling, all the while pretty much being the driving force of this episode, made me appreciate her presence a lot. Hannah even looked almost superficial in comparison, and even caring about that in a story we, let's be fair, probably all read for the fetish fuel first and foremost, says a lot about how well it's written. 

Serena should be an absolute blast to read enjoying her powers in the Future chapters. 
Last edit: 05 Jan 2020 15:27 by Whatever.

More
06 Jan 2020 05:42 #66256 by HikerAngel

Whatever wrote: Gotta say, this episode made Serena click for me a lot more than she has before. I was interested to see if she'd have a similar reaction to Hannah to being totally outclassed, but even though for her, the chasm is far wider, she took it with far less envy. 

It's almost weird to see the once-overconfident character be the less self-absorbed of the two. Seeing her having to reinterpret the situation without needlessly crumbling, all the while pretty much being the driving force of this episode, made me appreciate her presence a lot. Hannah even looked almost superficial in comparison, and even caring about that in a story we, let's be fair, probably all read for the fetish fuel first and foremost, says a lot about how well it's written. 

Serena should be an absolute blast to read enjoying her powers in the Future chapters. 

I’m glad it made Serena work a little better for you. This chapter was from Serena’s POV, but I felt as though much of the action needed to happen with Hannah, the way the voters powered her up. I tried to strike a balance there by having Serena watch Hannah and sense her dream. I should have done a better job with the dream, making it more abstract. I was a little stuck on it, though, and running short on time, so I just put something functional in there. It shouldn’t hinder the story, it’s just not very elegant. Pretty much what I could say about all my writing! :)

We’ll see, Bolt. Careful, though. If you call things too close, I may just have to change them... ;)

This vote is interesting so far. Hannah is getting quite a few votes as expected, but Serena’s mental powers are going crazy! Maybe people want her to be able to eavesdrop on Hannah’s thought again? I didn’t expect that, but I like it...

• HikerAngel
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
06 Jan 2020 15:07 #66266 by Bolt527
Let's dispense with the idea that these pills are anything but rigged. Serena's telepathy shot up 2000 in under 6 hours with no other changes. 

You're watching bots, or an algorithm. Still, the story is entertaining, but either make it more democratic, or just sit back and watch the bots decide.

More
06 Jan 2020 18:00 #66269 by njae
Replied by njae on topic SuperStarter
I am not really sure how I feel about this right now. Given that I didn't like her at all in the beginning, I gotta say I do have warmed up to Serena after the twist. However the opposite was the way for Hannah in this chapter as she no longer feels like a protagonist. That dream was the only real insight we had to Hannah in this chapter and I am not trusting that source of information one bit. Given her power level it feels totally off for Serena to accidentally invade Hannah's dreams now while it would have felt quite right in the previous two chapters. Given that Hannah's mental powers are way bigger than Serena's, Hannah should now be able to read Serena like an open book. And to be honest, it actually makes more sense than what she's been showing so far. Maybe Hannah has realized the weirdness of the situation and took a page out of Serena's book by pretending to become corrupted to get some insights into Syphon?

Another thing this chapter showed was the pitfalls of using the votes 1:1 for the power levels. Thanks to the bots (hard to explain otherwise) the numbers are now very skewed and Hannah suddenly has reached levels that were outright game-breaking. But what caught my eye is that the girls only use very little of their powers. Both of them had become flying bricks after the first round and now things are really just a question of numbers that doesn't really add anything new - just more of the same. It was nice to see Hannah demonstrate that her super breath was stronger than Ultramans super strength but this only made it clear that these numbers only made sense in such a direct comparison. In any other scene of Hannah using her super breath, the numbers behind that power would have little impact. Even worse with heat vision.

I think in hindsight the polls could have been a bit more RPG-like. Like chosing their "Class" in the first round (favorite super power, or super hero) and then building up stats that only vaguely resemble powers, After reaching certain levels new powers become available and so on.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
06 Jan 2020 18:25 #66270 by HikerAngel

Bolt527 wrote: Let's dispense with the idea that these pills are anything but rigged. Serena's telepathy shot up 2000 in under 6 hours with no other changes. 

You're watching bots, or an algorithm. Still, the story is entertaining, but either make it more democratic, or just sit back and watch the bots decide.

The method of achieving the high vote counts has been discovered. It is not bots, but it does represent the desires of an enterprising person who cared enough to go through the effort to influence the results. It's not democratic by number of people, but may be by effort. Regardless, it can still produce a good story--which I fully intend to write. That is the real point of this, after all!

Luckily, the vote-influencer seems to be leaving other things, like costumes and names largely alone, judging by vote count, which will become very relevant in the penultimate episode six vote.

I believe that the SWM team is going to fund an improved voting system, given its popularity, at their own expense, which we should all be very thankful for. That will make future installments and/or stories more traditionally democratic.

• HikerAngel
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
06 Jan 2020 18:34 #66271 by HikerAngel

njae wrote: I am not really sure how I feel about this right now. Given that I didn't like her at all in the beginning, I gotta say I do have warmed up to Serena after the twist. However the opposite was the way for Hannah in this chapter as she no longer feels like a protagonist. That dream was the only real insight we had to Hannah in this chapter and I am not trusting that source of information one bit. Given her power level it feels totally off for Serena to accidentally invade Hannah's dreams now while it would have felt quite right in the previous two chapters. Given that Hannah's mental powers are way bigger than Serena's, Hannah should now be able to read Serena like an open book. And to be honest, it actually makes more sense than what she's been showing so far. Maybe Hannah has realized the weirdness of the situation and took a page out of Serena's book by pretending to become corrupted to get some insights into Syphon?

Another thing this chapter showed was the pitfalls of using the votes 1:1 for the power levels. Thanks to the bots (hard to explain otherwise) the numbers are now very skewed and Hannah suddenly has reached levels that were outright game-breaking. But what caught my eye is that the girls only use very little of their powers. Both of them had become flying bricks after the first round and now things are really just a question of numbers that doesn't really add anything new - just more of the same. It was nice to see Hannah demonstrate that her super breath was stronger than Ultramans super strength but this only made it clear that these numbers only made sense in such a direct comparison. In any other scene of Hannah using her super breath, the numbers behind that power would have little impact. Even worse with heat vision.

I think in hindsight the polls could have been a bit more RPG-like. Like chosing their "Class" in the first round (favorite super power, or super hero) and then building up stats that only vaguely resemble powers, After reaching certain levels new powers become available and so on.

That episode was from Serena's perspective and was meant to give insight into her, as well as introduce Angel. The next episode, told from Hannah's perspective, will put her in the driver's seat once again. I LOVE your idea about the class and RPG approach, however. That could be an improved way to design a future story when less malleable polling system is put in place. I never anticipated the massive vote tallies of this one or 1:1 being a problem. Even before the "extra" influence that took off in episode 3, participation was pretty staggering! Before I posted the first story, my original thought for Ultraman was that his stats would be around 100! :)

Anyway, I have ideas to put a (hopefully) satisfying and interactive end to this little tale in the remaining three episodes. The only thing that I have no idea about now is what is in store for the finale. I'll have to see where the upcoming votes go on more than just powers before I can formulate a plan for that final episode.

• HikerAngel
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
06 Jan 2020 21:04 #66274 by Bolt527
I don't think a poll by effort, as opposed to individual votes, can be called democratic; maybe technocratic. And the word vote is kind of misleading in this case.

But sure, I'm all for the story incorporating this might makes right mentality. That is, after all, why many of us are here.

Maybe Syphon's actually controlling the voting, and steals it all by the end. Would be poetic justice.

More
06 Jan 2020 22:46 #66276 by HikerAngel

Bolt527 wrote: I don't think a poll by effort, as opposed to individual votes, can be called democratic; maybe technocratic. And the word vote is kind of misleading in this case.

But sure, I'm all for the story incorporating this might makes right mentality. That is, after all, why many of us are here.

Maybe Syphon's actually controlling the voting, and steals it all by the end. Would be poetic justice.

Yes, you're totally right on the democratic thing. These darn words... messing me up, I say! :)

Maybe Siphon is controlling the votiing... or maybe someone else is controlling things... can't wait to find out! ;)

• HikerAngel
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
07 Jan 2020 03:43 #66277 by Bolt527
If that's true, and the vote control is part of the story, then hats off to you sir! Seriously, that's some next-level thinking. 

Hoping it's Siphon, for the record. I mean, with a name like that...

More
07 Jan 2020 05:09 #66282 by HikerAngel
I stand corrected on the difficulty of manipulating the vote. Apparently, it’s not that difficult. Serena seems to be going crazy this time, as well.

And a little ElF may have given me some ideas for another twist in the tale... ;)

(sorry for the little teasers... it just that some of us don’t have Circes-level talent and have to get readers with fun gimmicks instead!)

:)

• HikerAngel
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
07 Jan 2020 09:57 - 07 Jan 2020 09:58 #66284 by Whatever
Replied by Whatever on topic SuperStarter

The method of achieving the high vote counts has been discovered. It is not bots, but it does represent the desires of an enterprising person who cared enough to go through the effort to influence the results. It's not democratic by number of people, but may be by effort.

Holy hell, really? I was just about convinced that this was actually some kind of story trick, because it fit so well with Amplifier and Siphon, an illusion of voter's choice, so to speak... guess I was way off.

But seriously, Serena's stats in this chapter alone have risen well in excess of 30.000, are we sure it's not bots? Who has time to click on anything 30.000 times?
Last edit: 07 Jan 2020 09:58 by Whatever.

More
07 Jan 2020 11:31 #66285 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic SuperStarter

Whatever wrote:  

The method of achieving the high vote counts has been discovered. It is not bots, but it does represent the desires of an enterprising person who cared enough to go through the effort to influence the results. It's not democratic by number of people, but may be by effort.

Holy hell, really? I was just about convinced that this was actually some kind of story trick, because it fit so well with Amplifier and Siphon, an illusion of voter's choice, so to speak... guess I was way off.

But seriously, Serena's stats in this chapter alone have risen well in excess of 30.000, are we sure it's not bots? Who has time to click on anything 30.000 times?

Probably the same people that sent Hanna's stats into overdrive last week.

More
07 Jan 2020 12:58 #66286 by Furlough
Replied by Furlough on topic SuperStarter
Speaking of Hannah's power spike, right now it's looking like in spite of Serena's massive numbers in the current poll, if they stay more or less at the same proportion that they have now they'd pretty much even out both girls' power levels when you consider the huge difference from the previous week and add in Hannah's current votes as well. I have no idea how many people are involved in the vote-rigging (of the fact that it's happening there is no doubt) but maybe that's what they're going for? I vote once for each girl/additional choice but for my preferences I'd say I'm team Serena, so a return to a more balanced approach between the two would be welcome as far as I'm concerned.

More
07 Jan 2020 14:39 #66287 by Bolt527
If the vote-rigging is not reflected in the story, it should be. Would be an excellent chess move on HAs part.

More
08 Jan 2020 00:00 #66293 by HikerAngel

Furlough wrote: Speaking of Hannah's power spike, right now it's looking like in spite of Serena's massive numbers in the current poll, if they stay more or less at the same proportion that they have now they'd pretty much even out both girls' power levels when you consider the huge difference from the previous week and add in Hannah's current votes as well. I have no idea how many people are involved in the vote-rigging (of the fact that it's happening there is no doubt) but maybe that's what they're going for? I vote once for each girl/additional choice but for my preferences I'd say I'm team Serena, so a return to a more balanced approach between the two would be welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Wow! You're right!

Just when I'm thinking of a story designed around Hannah being über-powerful compared to everyone else after this round of voting, I'm wrong again! Going to have to think of some new ideas to adapt to an equally powerful Hannah and Serena now. Should be fun! When the voting is all over and the story is just the story, I wonder how it will feel to the reader with all these unexpected events in the voting! I would think it would be very unpredictable, given that I as the writer am being perpetually surprised! Hmmm... maybe I should write a mystery this way. Good luck trying to predict that ending! :)

That's the only problem with writing the stories--it's difficult to read them as a real reader would, seeing them for the first time. That's why I love the feedback/interactivity! It helps me understand how things come across to the reader.

It also makes me enjoy the stories of others so much more too. :)

• HikerAngel
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
08 Jan 2020 00:01 #66294 by HikerAngel

Bolt527 wrote: If the vote-rigging is not reflected in the story, it should be. Would be an excellent chess move on HAs part.

;)

• HikerAngel
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
08 Jan 2020 18:57 #66307 by HikerAngel
Wow! They don't call this place SUPERWOMENmania for nothing! People really want über-super-ultragirls. Wowzers! Time to hit the thesaurus for some more superlative words to describe these two! Surprisingly enough, Serena is now dominating!

HANNAH
POWERRND 1RND 2RND 3RND 4TOTAL
Strength14392377763904547887
Invulnerability14348077763904547444
Speed3610140621181716016
Flight362940621181715944
Laser Eyes25113202784111079
X-Ray Eyes25153202784111083
Superbreath25203202784111088
Telepathy54242820874511643
Telekinesis54182820874511637
Total541162138922142737183821

SERENA
POWERRND 1RND 2RND 3RND 4TOTAL
Strength268152311837082573799
Invulnerability26845211837082572728
Speed7493710082097022989
Flight7438310082097022435
Laser Eyes51831111103811283
X-Ray Eyes51821111103811282
Superbreath51891111103811289
Telepathy162481802179322516
Telekinesis162374802179322409
Total116144044875260290270730

NAMES

HANNAH
Golden Goddess (WINNER!!!) 133
Ultragirl31
Glory Girl5
Goddessy3
Apex25
Infinity32
Divinity25
Pinnacle11
Celestia72

SERENA
Dark Justice (WINNER!!!) 77
Captain Wonder10
Shade59
Serpentine67
Avengeance5
Dark Avenger9
Titania25
Marvelette8
Agent S16

Lfan knows this group well. He told me, when he was helping me brainstorm names, that the first option would win for both. He was right! I'm kinda glad. It means I can use "Divinity" for another story I'm planning. :)

Anyway, part 5 is officially underway. I've got to figure out a way to deal with these insane power levels now... :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, Revan, Lulu, Whatever

• HikerAngel
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
10 Jan 2020 13:43 #66328 by HikerAngel
Part 5 is finished and has been submitted. It's fairly long at almost 7,800 words. It's also, by far, the most action-packed story I've written. I hope you enjoy it! I can't wait for it to go live. The voting will be a bit different this time. I'm so curious to see what happens with it! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChaozCloud, Revan, Whatever

• HikerAngel
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds