Amount

Heather Effect 10th Anniversary

20 Mar 2013 23:25 #30819 by Avalian
Replied by Avalian on topic Heather Effect
Definitely like the mafia-assassin angle - especially if it's revealed over time that she runs, or even IS the mafia after wiping them out when she was a superheroine.

Evil Lara Croft is also a great idea - but, as strange as this sounds when the original is so renowned for boobage - I would definitely want her to be on the scale of the new models, because I don't think one could successfully raid tombs with any more boobage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2013 23:46 #30820 by Revan
Replied by Revan on topic Heather Effect
I'll enjoy both scenario's no doubt, but I seem to recall you already had a mob hitwoman story at some point that got abandoned.
*checks site* Silencer. Not sure on the scenario for your new story of course so could be you want to take it in an entirely different direction this time.

Finally I'm also in favor of seeing some existing series wrapped up before you go and launch another batch of new ones.

More
21 Mar 2013 17:11 #30824 by koopa
Replied by koopa on topic Heather Effect
I'd love to see an evil-superpowered lara Croft!

any origin story from one of your dream girls will be awesome to me.

More
22 Mar 2013 00:32 #30825 by JessP
Replied by JessP on topic Heather Effect
We're really leaning towards the hitwoman story at the moment.
In short, it's about a young superheroine who's kept her powers secret her whole life. She moves to the big city, gets desperate, and agrees to work for the mob. She eventually gets a taste for it and hilarity ensues...
For the Lara Croft story, our first instinct was to have Lara fall under the spell of some cursed relic that gives her superpowers and makes her a stone-cold killer.
Option 2 would be based off of the Doppelganger character from the games, who's basically an evil clone of Lara with superpowers. If you haven't checked it out already, the second DLC for Tomb Raider Underworld has you playing as the Doppelganger and it's pretty hot stuff!
I know a lot of you have been asking about Vengeance and Retribution. The gist of it is, both stories came from Ray-Ray, who's no longer working with us. Both JT and I have tried coming up with various continuations of each series, but our hearts just aren't in it.
If we're ever able to find a third writer who's interested in taking a crack at either story, we'd be more than happy to do our thing :)
Judgment Girl 3 will be out in the next 48 hours and it's epic! 150 panels! I'm loving JT's gratuitous camera angles :)

More
23 Mar 2013 18:30 #30837 by JessP
JG3 is now available!
Click the link below if you're into that kind of thing :)

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Artnico, Revan

More
23 Mar 2013 19:39 #30838 by CDR
Replied by CDR on topic Heather Effect
Just got it.
Superawesome!!!

More
24 Mar 2013 14:53 #30843 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic Heather Effect
Wow. The action was incredible. An absolute must-have, possibly the best comic you guys made so far!

More
31 Mar 2013 15:29 - 31 Mar 2013 15:30 #30913 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic Heather Effect
Hi guys !

I just finished reading the last episode of "God Answers To Me: Judgment Girl Episode 3". :)
I agree with Esteban, it is an absolute must-have!
The story is amazing, especially thanks to the rebound in the end of the story. In addition, the two Superwomen characters Callie and Danni are absolutely divine! :woohoo:
I especially loved their super sexy appearance and very evil attitude. Their proportions are perfect, even though I would have preferred that they have thicker legs (or thinner high heels that would go better with their thin legs).
The action scenes are getting better each time.

So thank you very much to Heather Effect for listening to our suggestions and making such wonderful job ! :cheer:
Last edit: 31 Mar 2013 15:30 by Artnico. Reason: forget something

More
01 Apr 2013 13:42 #30928 by Esteban
Right, it's good that you mentioned the appearance. What I forgot to say: I love the contrast of face expressions in the fight scenes. The perfectly calm and relaxed look on the face of the villainess vs. the clenched teeth and overall strain on the face of the hero/heroine is awesome. It illustrates that there's really much power at work in the picture, yet the villainess doesn't need to make an actual effort at all. It's a nice workaround to avoid breaking bones and showing punches being deflected and is also much better to look at. More please ;)

More
01 Apr 2013 14:34 #30930 by Artnico
Yes !
And I just love Superwomen using their powers agianst army and military vehicles ! This one remind me when Ursa blows an helicopter in movie "Superman 2", but here Danni and Callie are sexier and they do more great feat of strength, especially when Danni was lifting the entire gear before throwing it into a building !

More
17 Apr 2013 17:20 #31161 by Esteban
Has anyone already had a look on the new comic "Temptress"? I liked it, although there wasn't much happening in it. The action was great, and as a first chapter you have to introduce the characters and their ways first. So that's actually okay this way.
The first picture on page 21 is awesome I think. The other scenes are great too, but what the girl does on page 21 is a cool and imo innovative idea. I like when supers use their powers creatively ;)

More
25 Apr 2013 23:14 #31241 by Artnico
Hi guys !
I just finished reading the latest comics Hearther Effect "GATM: Temptress 1"
For my part, I have mixed feelings. I totally agree with Esteban on the scene page 21 which is a surprise and a great feat of strength action ! :)
However, for me there is nothing better than a battle between an army and a Superwoman with plenty of military vehicles lifting, throwing etc... I am also critical regarding the physical appearance of Diana and Megan. Unlike "Judgement Girl" I think they are too skinny and too small for super powered women. :(

I look forward to the rest hoping to see a lot more strength action scenes and thicker girls. ;)

More
29 Apr 2013 21:28 #31298 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Heather Effect
Temptress 2 is out! I really think this is my favorite comic from the Heather Effect group.

More
30 Apr 2013 04:36 #31304 by Caylane
Replied by Caylane on topic Heather Effect
I haven't really purchased anything from Heather Effect for some time now. Do they have any new additions as an origin story involving a transformation?

More
14 May 2013 02:15 #31570 by Esteban
No origin story with transformation afaik, sorry.
Temptress 3 is out, and I find it completely awesome. So much killing and dominance, just...awesome ^^

More
15 May 2013 14:54 - 15 May 2013 14:55 #31600 by Artnico
Agree with you Esteban, Tempress 3 is an awesome must-have ! :woohoo:

I'll just make one criticism : Diana's high heel are getting too big compared to her thin legs. :(

Thanks to H.E. ;)
Last edit: 15 May 2013 14:55 by Artnico. Reason: false

More
18 May 2013 21:03 #31645 by Grayface
Replied by Grayface on topic Heather Effect

Artnico wrote: Agree with you Esteban, Tempress 3 is an awesome must-have ! :woohoo:

I'll just make one criticism : Diana's high heel are getting too big compared to her thin legs. :(

Thanks to H.E. ;)

Early on I bought a couple of Heather Effect comics and was less then impressed. I thought they were way too short for the cost and the and so I stayed away. Thanks to all the glowing comments in this thread I decided to part with my hard earned $4. I was worth it. Easily. I told myself I would wait before getting the second chapter, I waited till the next night and then I bought chapter 3 too. I don't part easily with my money, even just 4 bucks. Job well done.

Oh and I do agree Diana's heels were a bit on the way to big side for me to properly enjoy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
19 May 2013 17:11 #31648 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Heather Effect
I've been a big fan of the Heather Effect. Not a big fan of the political injection a few issues back. Love the last two sets of Temptress. Would prefer more costume use in Temptress 3. Most if not all the scenes were without.

Evil Supergirl in black/silver would be a real awesome sight to behold. The artist is pretty much against any Supergirl/PowerGirl characters being used aside from punching bags.

• Sarge395
  • Sarge395's Avatar Topic Author
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
24 Jul 2013 17:54 #32433 by Artnico
Just finished reading the last Heather Effect production called "God Answers To Me: Ascension Episode 1 and 2.
Great story with amazing Ubergirls action and bad attitude as always. A lot of fun too with AJ and Angela playing dumb bimbo. :laugh:
In short, it's a must-have despite the girls breast are too big compared with the rest of their bodies. In my opinion, it would be more acceptable if they had bigger butt and thicker legs.
Can't wait reading 3rd issue ! :woohoo:
Thanks to Eather Effect team !

More
24 Jul 2013 22:44 #32436 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Heather Effect
I bought all 3. The usual over the top :woohoo: girls.

A few scenes of flying in Episode 2, none in the other 2. I love the flying scenes as well as superstrength and other feats.

Worth the price for all 3.

• Sarge395
  • Sarge395's Avatar Topic Author
More
25 Jul 2013 05:26 - 27 Jul 2013 18:14 #32442 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Heather Effect
Damn ... they're back to the "outrageously huge boobs" model of the previous works. The "Judgement Girl" serie was a lot better in this aspect ^^ (personal opinion of course).

But this couldn't stop me to buy all 3 episodes anyway lol :whistle:
Last edit: 27 Jul 2013 18:14 by Helstar.

More
27 Jul 2013 17:19 #32484 by JessP
Glad you're digging Ascension. The inspiration for the story actually came from this very board! There was a thread a while back listing the various archetypes of evil superwomen-the pure psychopath, the cold, calculating bitch, the ditzy girl who has no clue how much destruction she's causing, etc. Ascension gave us a way to have numerous permutations of evil super girls in one series. Yay!
The boobs...
Honestly, the boobs sell the comics. A good chunk of our customer base really only shows up for the boobs. Series like Judgment Girl and Temptress did well for us, but the "big bust lover" crowd was less than thrilled. We'll still keep going with some slightly less over-the-top characters in the future, but the gigantic clown boobs keep Heather Effect afloat. (Slight pun intended)
The heels...
The way I see it, there's two basic superheroine beatdowns: 1) The girl is half the size of her opponent, thus really giving the illusion of superhuman strength. 2) The girl towers over her victim; the intimidation adds to the overall "hotness" of the kill.
The huge ten-inch "Stripper pumps" allows us to do both, without making the girls physically larger than their adversaries. (It looks really stupid when they're all twice the actual scale of every other person in the frame!)
I'm kinda itching to see our girls take on The Avengers in our next series :)
Jess
The following user(s) said Thank You: Esteban

More
27 Jul 2013 17:43 #32485 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Heather Effect

JessP wrote: Glad you're digging Ascension. The inspiration for the story actually came from this very board! There was a thread a while back listing the various archetypes of evil superwomen-the pure psychopath, the cold, calculating bitch, the ditzy girl who has no clue how much destruction she's causing, etc. Ascension gave us a way to have numerous permutations of evil super girls in one series. Yay!

I suppose you mean this one by Berkhart .

More
28 Jul 2013 11:35 #32494 by kikass
Replied by kikass on topic Heather Effect
Personally I'm a fan of both kinds - the exaggerated and the normal.

As a Poser-user myself, I think the quality of their rendering is really, quite outstanding. So that it is a big plus for me also :)

But I can understand how the "large boobs" can be a distraction for some. "Different strokes for different folks" as the saying goes :)

Keep up the good work and really looking forward to you guys continuing the Dominion storyline :) Love to see where you go with that.

Peace.

/K

More
28 Jul 2013 14:51 #32495 by JessP
Believe it or not, we don't use Poser or DS anywhere in our pipeline. 3DS, ZBrush, C4D, Raydream, and pretty much the entire CS lineup :)
IMHO, Dominion was our best work to date, but for whatever reason, it just didn't sell well at all. Unless something changes in the coming weeks, we probably won't continue it. We put A LOT of work into that one :(

More
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds