Amount

Heather Effect 10th Anniversary

23 Mar 2012 07:18 #26759 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Re: Heather Effect
Hello JessP,

Do you create the character models for the site? They are really pretty looking females.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2012 12:34 #26763 by JessP
Replied by JessP on topic Re: Heather Effect
@Esteban

I'm DYING to continue Dark Matter! We have a killer script ready to go; I just need to get off my ass and move on it!

@BionicSkillz

Yes and no; we "re-sculpt" preexisting models and modify them for what we need.

Jess

More
06 Apr 2012 09:33 #26885 by Asmodean
Replied by Asmodean on topic Re: Heather Effect
Sorry for errors/mispells/general atrocities to grammar and so on, English is not my first (or even second) language.

I've followed the website since it started (and before that I followed Foxtrot 3D) and I really love it... in fact, I think I may have bought everything you created except maybe for a picture pack or two. :laugh:
Love the art, love the idea of the truly dominant girls (I don't know why but I really don't like supegirls to struggle against their opponents, it makes them a lot less sexy in my mind. The more one sided the fight the better, especially if the enemy is at first presented as very powerful him/herself), love the customer service, love the fact that it's updated more than once in forever... It's the only website of the genre I've ever even considered paying for (except for the aformentioned Foxtrot 3D), so thumbs up for me.

One thing I would like to see, though, is a little more variety: in the characters' behaviour, in the bodytypes, in the feats of strength, in the type of enemies (personally I find more exciting and impressive the idea of a supergirl fighting something huge like some sort of fantasy monster -dragon, giant demon, titan, god, whatever- rather than her lifting an average guy by the throat and breaking his neck... not that I don't like the latter, but it gets a little boring after a while), attire (god, I hate platform shoes... why they almost always wear platform shoes, they're already, like, seven feet tall... :D), and so on.
It think it would also help to solve "problems" like the one regarding the breast size: instead of having stories with three huge breasted girl we could have a huge one, a very big one and a realistically proportioned one and, voilà, everybody would be happy (maybe).

For the stories... I'll be honest, to me scripts like "monster attacks city > girl kicks his ass > everybody lives happy ever after" or "girl gets superpowers > becomes evil maniac and slaughter a thousand people > everybody is dead, nobody left to live happily ever after" are absolutely perfect... More ass kicking, less talking about what assess need to be kicked and how/why. :D

P.S. Any chance of you using some of the old Foxtrot 3D models? I really loved Bleak face and body, it would be nice to see a new version of that.

More
29 Apr 2012 20:04 #27122 by AlbertC
Replied by AlbertC on topic Re: Heather Effect
Great update last friday!

Girls are kicking ass.

More
29 Apr 2012 20:25 #27123 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic Re: Heather Effect
Yeah, and they even tried putting in a good punch. Found it a bit funny that the major problems were solved by putting the "effect-word" *crunch* over the spot where a crumbled hand should be seen, but it's a good start and I'm glad to see the improvement.

More
29 Apr 2012 21:54 #27125 by JessP
Replied by JessP on topic Re: Heather Effect
Glad y'all liked it :))
We're deeply divided on the whole "sound effect text" thing. It made the punch work and it helps our fans who don't speak English to better understand the "action" panels, but I'm not convinced it fits our style.
A few years back we messed around with "cel-shaded" rendering, giving the comics a traditional hand-drawn look, but the response was overwhelmingly negative. (Our audience definitely prefers the photorealistic style)
It's tough to add things like friction and motion lines and have everything look somewhat natural with the visual fidelity we're after :)
Jess

More
29 Apr 2012 22:59 #27126 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic Re: Heather Effect
I think these sound effect texts are an acceptable compromise. A punch as it is is surely hard enough to illustrate in still frames, and without some effects or these texts it just wouldn't seem authentic. So, concerning the assumption that adding some motion blur is a very tough job, I won't turn up my nose at them ;)
Also, I too definitely prefer the current photorealistic style..

More
30 Apr 2012 06:53 #27138 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Heather Effect
God Answers to Me V3, 75% resized, posted by permission

Check it out at their site. Just released yesterday I think.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Click to see the larger size.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlbertC

• Sarge395
  • Sarge395's Avatar Topic Author
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
03 May 2012 19:40 #27166 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic Re: Heather Effect
Good episode. I liked the way Angela dominates her oponents. :)
But the best for me was Jordan seeing all the scene. :ohmy:
She looks better than Angela for me, so I can't wait seeing her in the same kind of action. Hope this will be in the next part. ;)

More
09 Jun 2012 08:16 #27545 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Heather Effect
Rapture Chapter 12

From the website: On a side note, we fully understand how bat-shit crazy people have been getting when it comes to American politics lately and we'd like to firmly state that we're not taking sides with this issue! No matter which side of the aisle you're on, please don't get all bent out of shape because we're just trying to tell a story!

No superpowers used. A plot developing chapter as will 13 and 14 be.

• Sarge395
More
01 Mar 2013 14:41 #30608 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic Heather Effect
New series: Judgment Girl
Episode 1 was released today, the theme is similar to the Vengeance series. We get to see some throat lifts, bouncing bullets, heat vision and one broken neck. The boobs of the women are now a few sizes smaller - still huge, but much more reasonable, which I think is great. For the overall scenario and a short synopsis, check the link above.
I bought it and do recommend! Very eager to see where this will be going in the next chapters. Sadly, I guess that'll be in May or June, because they seem to be alternating between awesome comics and then posting pinup packs (which I personally find very annoying).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
01 Mar 2013 16:44 #30609 by Revan
Replied by Revan on topic Heather Effect

Esteban wrote: New series: Judgment Girl
Episode 1 was released today, the theme is similar to the Vengeance series. We get to see some throat lifts, bouncing bullets, heat vision and one broken neck. The boobs of the women are now a few sizes smaller - still huge, but much more reasonable, which I think is great. For the overall scenario and a short synopsis, check the link above.
I bought it and do recommend! Very eager to see where this will be going in the next chapters. Sadly, I guess that'll be in May or June, because they seem to be alternating between awesome comics and then posting pinup packs (which I personally find very annoying).

Agreed, I love their comics, but the picture packs don't really interest me. Also the habit of starting a new series, doing a few chapters and then abandon it completely is a bit disappointing at times.

More
01 Mar 2013 16:55 #30610 by Esteban

Revan wrote: Also the habit of starting a new series, doing a few chapters and then abandon it completely is a bit disappointing at times.

So true. On the other hand, I didn't really like "Rapture" very much and am glad they started a new thing, how long ever it may last.
All frustration aside, I love this new comic.

More
06 Mar 2013 01:07 #30659 by Esteban
Wow, they're on a really quick release schedule this time, part 2 released:
www.heathereffect.com/jg2.html
Haven't bought it yet, but the thumbnails are interesting.

More
06 Mar 2013 02:49 #30660 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Heather Effect
Bought it and I love it.

• Sarge395
More
06 Mar 2013 10:38 #30664 by Esteban
Same here, that was awesome. They really made progress on the physical part.

More
06 Mar 2013 12:26 #30665 by koopa
Replied by koopa on topic Heather Effect
awesome characters much more realistic bodies and very good feats. ALready in love with the villainess. Just hope we'll get to see how she got her super powers.

More
13 Mar 2013 17:44 #30740 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic Heather Effect
I just bought and read "Judgment Girl Ep 1 & 2", and guees what ? I loved it! :woohoo:

As usual, the plot keeps us in suspense and many congratulations to HE for 3D rendering images, the girls faces are beautiful and articulate their feelings.

My favorite character is Danni, because of her power and how she use it for evil. She's also beautiful and sexy : I think you've found the body's perfection.

I also loved the scenes where Danni lifts cars, she is incredibly sexy ! :woohoo:

I look forward to discover more.

Thanks. ;)

More
13 Mar 2013 19:27 #30741 by DustyBottums
Replied by DustyBottums on topic Heather Effect
Agreed! The new body proportions are amazing. Slightly more realistic, and just awesome. Love the strength feats/evilness of the girls....keep it up, and I can gaurantee at least my purchases!

More
17 Mar 2013 18:18 #30785 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic Heather Effect
It would be great to see Danni using her powers against army with tanks and lot of soldiers...

More
20 Mar 2013 18:18 #30813 by JessP
Replied by JessP on topic Heather Effect
Glad you guys are getting a kick out of Judgment Girl, it's definitely been a fun little piece!
The third and final issue should be out in a few days. (All the heavy lifting is done)
Origin stories for Danni and Callie are things we are considering, but I'd like to introduce a few more girls in their own stories first.
I've got scripts for "Evil Lara Croft With Superpowers" and "Superheroine-turned-Mafia-Assassin" on the table. What do you guys think?

More
20 Mar 2013 19:08 #30815 by Esteban
Both can be hot. An Evil Lara Croft (possibly having gained her powers from some artifact she stole?) would definitely be awesome, because you can have her rob banks as well as fight against magicians and mystic tomb-guarding creatures.
A mafia assassin actually would just have to stand there and pose in her pinstriped suit ^^ But actually, I think that she probably wouldn't fit the scenario quite well. Having superpowers wouldn't give her a real reason to take orders from people who hire her to kill someone. Well, except for the fun of it ;) Maybe capture her in a phase where her powers are relatively new and she hasn't yet realized that she can take over the whole mob?

More
20 Mar 2013 21:25 - 20 Mar 2013 21:26 #30816 by Brantwood
Replied by Brantwood on topic Heather Effect
Hi JessP,

one Question: Are there some Plans to continue the Series " Retribution " and " Vengence " ??

Both Series are great and i have all Issues of them !!

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Last edit: 20 Mar 2013 21:26 by Brantwood. Reason: A Letter to much !

More
20 Mar 2013 21:51 #30817 by DustyBottums
Replied by DustyBottums on topic Heather Effect
Love the idea of a super-powered hitwoman. Especially if she's seaking into her target's H.Q., taking out the bodyguards one at a time, easily, with obvious enjoyment. :)

More
20 Mar 2013 21:54 #30818 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Heather Effect

JessP wrote: Glad you guys are getting a kick out of Judgment Girl, it's definitely been a fun little piece!
The third and final issue should be out in a few days. (All the heavy lifting is done)
Origin stories for Danni and Callie are things we are considering, but I'd like to introduce a few more girls in their own stories first.
I've got scripts for "Evil Lara Croft With Superpowers" and "Superheroine-turned-Mafia-Assassin" on the table. What do you guys think?

I'm partial to the hitwoman scenario, mostly because I've tried to write a similar story for a while now.

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds