Amount

Ask a Supergirl

23 Sep 2012 15:28 #28718 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Ask a Supergirl

pansardum wrote:

Camille Jones wrote:
On the side note, having a warranty on the TV is awesome. Makes things that much easier for me.

So you are nearly a regular at the local electronic store? Can imagine you coming in with another melted TV and trying to explain it

Yep, they kinda know me by now. Though the TV thing has only happened once or twice now and I usually end up buying something when I leave with a new TV. I just pass it off as a defective tv that overheated while I was gone. They give me a funny eye but since their warranty covers all damages, it's fine.

The Highlander wrote:

Funny you should ask!
My mom’s house in New York is very spacious and has quite a bit of land, which usually translates to a plethora of chores.

So whenever I come over to visit, I’m usually left with a list of things that I have to do, and for some strange reason, they are usually things that only I can do.

Last week was pretty interesting to say the least. My mom left me a long list as usual. Some of the stuff I did was replace the shingles on the roof of the house. Of course, instead of using a ladder, I just simply hovered there, wearing nothing but a tanktop and shorts as I didn’t even use a hammer for the nails, I just simply flicked it lightly with my finger. I also had to trim the trees, get a wasp’s nest out of a tree, replace the fence and repaint the shed. Obviously, I tackled on these chores in my own way but I had a feeling my mom didn’t want me to use conventional means.

It seems that I wasn’t the only one benefiting these superpowers.

Sounds like she's keeping you busy! But have you ever been asked to do anything that involved some really heavy lifting?

Well, there was this big and old mower that has been collecting rust for some time now. My mom has since bought a new mower but she hasn't found a time to take it to the junkyard to dispose it herself. Naturally, I decided that I'll go ahead and dispose of it.

The mower was one of those huge, classic riding mowers that has seen better days. I casually reached down to the frame of the mower before I lifted the machine high over my head with one arm. I then reached out with my other hand to feel the metal blades, noting that I wasn't even getting a cut so I just mangled the blades underneath my grip.

Of course, it was getting to the point that I was growing bored of playing with it, I mean it was pretty light for me after all. So I just began to crush it and compress it down. I began to squish it together before compacting it here and there before it resembled a cube, and it only took me a few seconds to do that. I then flew up and headed towards the junkyard before dropping it off and flew back home before anyone saw me.

Other than that incident, I usually just carry bales of hay around wherever needed.

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
More
23 Sep 2012 16:55 #28719 by bigbrian
Replied by bigbrian on topic Ask a Supergirl
any update of a costume yet?

More
23 Sep 2012 17:26 #28720 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote: Well, there was this big and old mower that has been collecting rust for some time now. My mom has since bought a new mower but she hasn't found a time to take it to the junkyard to dispose it herself. Naturally, I decided that I'll go ahead and dispose of it.

The mower was one of those huge, classic riding mowers that has seen better days. I casually reached down to the frame of the mower before I lifted the machine high over my head with one arm. I then reached out with my other hand to feel the metal blades, noting that I wasn't even getting a cut so I just mangled the blades underneath my grip.

Of course, it was getting to the point that I was growing bored of playing with it, I mean it was pretty light for me after all. So I just began to crush it and compress it down. I began to squish it together before compacting it here and there before it resembled a cube, and it only took me a few seconds to do that. I then flew up and headed towards the junkyard before dropping it off and flew back home before anyone saw me.

Other than that incident, I usually just carry bales of hay around wherever needed.

Just for the sake of speculation, is it harder to lift stuff while you're airborne? I don't mean in terms of balance, I mean in terms of strength and leverage. Does your flight power provides you enough leverage?

More
23 Sep 2012 21:11 #28721 by Camille Jones

bigbrian wrote: any update of a costume yet?

Nothing as of yet, I'll keep you posted on the details ASAP

• Camille Jones
More
23 Sep 2012 21:13 #28722 by Camille Jones

Anon wrote:

Camille Jones wrote: Well, there was this big and old mower that has been collecting rust for some time now. My mom has since bought a new mower but she hasn't found a time to take it to the junkyard to dispose it herself. Naturally, I decided that I'll go ahead and dispose of it.

Just for the sake of speculation, is it harder to lift stuff while you're airborne? I don't mean in terms of balance, I mean in terms of strength and leverage. Does your flight power provides you enough leverage?

I don't find it harder persay, but I do notice that I have to use a lot more stabilizing muscles since I am literally lifting without any support other than my own body. If I'm lifting from the ground up, well I still have the hard ground to stabilize on. But if I'm hovering and lifting said object, well that is just working my core and stabilizing muscles out some more.

That is, if I can find an object heavy enough to give me a challenge ;)

• Camille Jones
More
23 Sep 2012 21:35 #28723 by bigbrian
i can't wait to hear you first transformation from you alter ego into you superheroine costume. have you conme up with a name yet?

More
24 Sep 2012 00:39 #28724 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Ask a Supergirl
Do you ever walk around on the ceiling or walls to freak out your boyfriend? Maybe do the whole walk on water bit? :silly:

More
24 Sep 2012 13:00 #28731 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Ask a Supergirl
ok, here's my question.

Favourite holiday planet, Venus or Mars?

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
24 Sep 2012 13:35 #28734 by Camille Jones

bigbrian wrote: i can't wait to hear you first transformation from you alter ego into you superheroine costume. have you conme up with a name yet?

I have, though I'll admit it's not the most original. Ultragirl does ring nicely though, right?

jnw550 wrote: Do you ever walk around on the ceiling or walls to freak out your boyfriend? Maybe do the whole walk on water bit? :silly:

I see someone likes to read The Magic Girls saga, lol.

He doesn't get freaked out by my powers anymore, but he was pretty fascinated when I did try it though. Walking on walls and ceilings required a lot more control than I thought, which is good because I like to practice my control over my flight abilities. I might start doing that for exercises from now on.

As for walking on water, that was pretty fun as well. Though it was about the same as when I do my airwalks so it was okay, just not as cracked up as it oughta be for some reason.

fats wrote: ok, here's my question.

Fats

Hmmm, depends on my mood.

For absorbing the sun's rays, definitely Venus. When I want to lift, Olympus Mons is my place to go.

• Camille Jones
More
24 Sep 2012 14:40 #28739 by Woodclaw

Fats

For absorbing the sun's rays, definitely Venus. When I want to lift, Olympus Mons is my place to go.

Sunlight on Venus? I thought that sunlight couldn't get through all those clouds.

More
24 Sep 2012 15:14 #28740 by Camille Jones

Anon wrote:

Fats

Sunlight on Venus? I thought that sunlight couldn't get through all those clouds.

Whoops! For some reason I was thinking about Mercury. In that case, Mars all the way.

• Camille Jones
More
25 Sep 2012 20:06 - 25 Sep 2012 20:06 #28753 by eJm
Replied by eJm on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote: Hmmm, depends on my mood.

Wait, as in the whole thing? How is that like?
Last edit: 25 Sep 2012 20:06 by eJm.

More
25 Sep 2012 23:32 #28755 by Camille Jones

eJm wrote:

Not going to lie, it was rather tough at first!

It took most of my strength to try and lift the massive volcano. However, as I began to push, the mountain slowly started to rise above my head. I can feel the molten hot lava splash around my body as my arms barely pushed the mountain clear above my head. I then smiled as I then hovered up in the air, pressing the mountain a bit more. I even tried some compound lifts like squats and bench-presses for a full-body workout before I then placed the mountain back.

Oh, and if you hear any reports of lava spewing underneath the mountain, you guys know what really happened ;)

• Camille Jones
More
26 Sep 2012 00:56 #28759 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Ask a Supergirl
Do you find yourself gaining strength every time you exert yourself like that?

More
26 Sep 2012 01:27 #28761 by Camille Jones

steelknight3000 wrote: Do you find yourself gaining strength every time you exert yourself like that?

I think so. Most of the feats I've done so far were taxing at first but then my body begins to adapt and make it that much easier for me until it is too easy. Like when I first developed my telekinesis, I was limited to staring at the object before I can move it if I have a finger pointed at it. Now I can lift multiple things at once by barely thinking about it. I guess as soon as I overcome whatever difficulty is in front of me, the learning curve becomes very easy for me.

• Camille Jones
More
26 Sep 2012 16:00 #28770 by Camille Jones
Chapter 2 is now up and available for reading!

The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL

• Camille Jones
More
26 Sep 2012 20:03 #28771 by SHTL
Replied by SHTL on topic Ask a Supergirl
liked Camille, now hoping for a very quick chapter 3 post and so on !! I like the way yu prepare e describe the things, this style makes a very high suspence....but now it's time for heavy actions..:)

More
26 Sep 2012 23:05 #28772 by superlover
Replied by superlover on topic Ask a Supergirl
whats up? can someone provide a link please? *im new but i really love this forum and this goddess of a superheroine

More
27 Sep 2012 02:56 #28773 by Camille Jones

superlover wrote: whats up? can someone provide a link please? *im new but i really love this forum and this goddess of a superheroine

superwomenmania.com/index.php?option=com...millejones&Itemid=81

Here you go ;)

Next time, check the front page, it usually has the latest stories posted there though.

• Camille Jones
More
27 Sep 2012 17:55 #28774 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote:

eJm wrote:

It took most of my strength to try and lift the massive volcano. However, as I began to push, the mountain slowly started to rise above my head. I can feel the molten hot lava splash around my body as my arms barely pushed the mountain clear above my head. I then smiled as I then hovered up in the air, pressing the mountain a bit more. I even tried some compound lifts like squats and bench-presses for a full-body workout before I then placed the mountain back.

Oh, and if you hear any reports of lava spewing underneath the mountain, you guys know what really happened ;)

Have you been taking suggestions from some of my morphs Link ?

That is an incredibly impressive feat, you must have been delighted when you pulled it off. Not only the greatest lift in human history but being the first person to walk on another planet.

How long did it take you to get to Mars? You must have been away for quite a while, it's a hell of a long trip!

More
27 Sep 2012 18:19 #28775 by bigbrian
how are you protecting you identy saving people and fighting crime without having a costume?

More
28 Sep 2012 00:49 #28778 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Ask a Supergirl

The Highlander wrote: How long did it take you to get to Mars? You must have been away for quite a while, it's a hell of a long trip!

I doubt that even Camille can travel faster than the speed of light, but it only takes light a few minutes to reach Mars. I'm guessing an hour or so.

More
28 Sep 2012 05:03 #28779 by Camille Jones

The Highlander wrote:

Camille Jones wrote:

eJm wrote:

Have you been taking suggestions from some of my morphs Link ?

That is an incredibly impressive feat, you must have been delighted when you pulled it off. Not only the greatest lift in human history but being the first person to walk on another planet.

How long did it take you to get to Mars? You must have been away for quite a while, it's a hell of a long trip!

www1969 wrote:

The Highlander wrote: How long did it take you to get to Mars? You must have been away for quite a while, it's a hell of a long trip!

I doubt that even Camille can travel faster than the speed of light, but it only takes light a few minutes to reach Mars. I'm guessing an hour or so.

Believe me, I was beyond delighted when I did that. Though technically, I floated most of the time so I guess you can say I'm the first to visit another planet!

But he's right though, even I can't fully break the laws of physics. It took me about an hour there, then another hour finding the mountain and lifting it, and an hour back. Thankfully, all those times taking icy baths and exploring the ocean floor 'trained' me for holding my breath that long.

bigbrian wrote: how are you protecting you identy saving people and fighting crime without having a costume?

Well, I had to make due with what I have at the moment. So the only thing I'm doing is wearing dark clothes that is breathable and snug in certain areas so I can move around easy. A few gym clothes, like longsleeved tops and shorts or compressed tights and lycra leggings and running shoes. As for my face, my Aviators tend to help. I just have to move fast enough so they don't get a good look at my face and hope this can work until I can get a decent outfit.

• Camille Jones
More
28 Sep 2012 07:49 #28780 by Woodclaw

Camille Jones wrote: Believe me, I was beyond delighted when I did that. Though technically, I floated most of the time so I guess you can say I'm the first to visit another planet!

But he's right though, even I can't fully break the laws of physics. It took me about an hour there, then another hour finding the mountain and lifting it, and an hour back. Thankfully, all those times taking icy baths and exploring the ocean floor 'trained' me for holding my breath that long.

Based on this figure, I guess that you were travelling at about 1/3 of the speed of light tops, but probably a lot slower. This figure is based on the hypothesis that Earth and Mars were at the most distant points in their reciprocal orbits. In that case moving at lightspeed would take you about 22/23 minutes to get to Mars from Earth. Since this would hardly be the case I think that you were actually much slower.

More
28 Sep 2012 14:11 #28782 by Camille Jones

Anon wrote:

Camille Jones wrote: Believe me, I was beyond delighted when I did that. Though technically, I floated most of the time so I guess you can say I'm the first to visit another planet!

Based on this figure, I guess that you were travelling at about 1/3 of the speed of light tops, but probably a lot slower. This figure is based on the hypothesis that Earth and Mars were at the most distant points in their reciprocal orbits. In that case moving at lightspeed would take you about 22/23 minutes to get to Mars from Earth. Since this would hardly be the case I think that you were actually much slower.

Hmm, so maybe not 1/3 of the speed of light, 1/4th maybe or 1/8th?

• Camille Jones
More
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds