Amount

Ask a Supergirl

30 Sep 2012 20:00 #28827 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote: Hmm, I dunno how long I think I would last. I think for sleep, I can maybe last about 2 weeks or so before I start going batshit crazy if I'm sleep deprived that long. I mainly eat for enjoyment or for appearance, but I don't think eating would be a necessity for me anymore. As for breathing, well since blood still pumps into me, I need oxygen for that right? I mean I can fill my lungs with oxygen but I can only hold out for a few hours at most. Otherwise, if I don't need to breath, would that make me undead? I wouldn't think so since I can still feel my heart beat (and I can see it for that matter if I look at myself with x-ray vision).

That's a bit of a shame, needing to breathe makes any long distance exploration rather risky (although since weight is not an issue I suppose you could just carry lots of oxygen tanks with you). It would also be interesting to see what effect poison or irritants would have on you, after all a normal human in a sealed room would succumb to carbon dioxide poisoning before they ran out of oxygen.

Camille Jones wrote: Second, I don't condone cheating in a competitive environment or tournament. Hence why I don't participate in sports anymore, as a matter of fact I don't participate in competitive video game tournaments since my reaction timing is just too great.

You could still take part in something like chess which is a purely mental contest (and even with enhanced intelligence you could still have difficulty against someone with more experience).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• The Highlander
More
30 Sep 2012 20:26 #28828 by supian
Replied by supian on topic Ask a Supergirl
The sun barely creaked over the horizon in the small German town, but already one of their residents can feel the wondrous effect the rays are having on her body. Camille Jones cooed softly as she stared out from the balcony window of her boyfriend’s apartment, seeing the sun rise slowly but surely. Soon enough, the rays hit her face as she gasps, feeling the radiation being absorbed and ‘recharging’ her body.

This - from your first entry

More
30 Sep 2012 20:47 #28830 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Ask a Supergirl

supian wrote: The sun barely creaked over the horizon in the small German town, but already one of their residents can feel the wondrous effect the rays are having on her body. Camille Jones cooed softly as she stared out from the balcony window of her boyfriend’s apartment, seeing the sun rise slowly but surely. Soon enough, the rays hit her face as she gasps, feeling the radiation being absorbed and ‘recharging’ her body.

This - from your first entry

Small cause, big effect.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
30 Sep 2012 21:30 #28831 by Grayface
Replied by Grayface on topic Ask a Supergirl
This might be a kinda strange question but I’ve always wondered about super women and their hair. I mean a woman has a lot of body parts to shave and hair styles change all the time.

Does your body hair grow? Do you have to shave? If so how do you cut/style it, like Superman does in the comic books or something different?

Maybe you can control the growth of your hair, that would be kinda awesome I think and would be good for helping with hiding your identity assuming you can control the length fairly quickly.

What about hair color? Can you dye your hair? or can you change/control the color your self? again that would be handy for hiding your identity.

More
30 Sep 2012 22:00 #28832 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Ask a Supergirl
To touch on Grayface's post. I assume you have pierced ears. If you take your earrings out would the holes seal up because of your enhanced healing?

More
01 Oct 2012 01:26 #28833 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote: (Author's Note: I think the forum ate my response to the whole sleep conversation)

Wow! 8 hours of deep REM sleep in just a blink of an eye?

Th-that's just crazy! But given that the data is correct, I may try to do this. But does that mean that those two or three hours of sleep I get is like someone going into a deep coma for a few months, maybe even years?

Anon, I don't think I am going to try to shut down parts of my brain. I don't feel comfortable with tampering or experimenting on one of my most important body parts.

Well, I just wanted to suggest a possibility, but I think that I see your point.
I'm not sure that the 8 hours in a blink trick will work that well, but I think it's worth to try. You might also try to assume a different sleeping cycle. In theory by fraction sleep in several small naps during the day a normal person can survive with a lot less sleep that the usual 8 hours. In theory by sleeping 20 minutes every 2-3 hours one can accoplish the same rest as a full 8 hour night of sleep.
By combining these two technique you might be able to rest by simply blacking out for a second every few hours.

More
01 Oct 2012 04:16 - 01 Oct 2012 04:16 #28834 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Ask a Supergirl

Camille Jones wrote:

supian wrote: Camile, from a fellow European, is there any chance you can get back over to the states and help us beat the yanks at the ryder cup golf ?

So I'm sorry but I won't help, especially against America.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much. A secret superpowered explanation is the only one I can come up with!
Last edit: 01 Oct 2012 04:16 by www1969.

More
01 Oct 2012 15:36 - 01 Oct 2012 15:38 #28840 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Ask a Supergirl

Grayface wrote: This might be a kinda strange question but I’ve always wondered about super women and their hair. I mean a woman has a lot of body parts to shave and hair styles change all the time.

Does your body hair grow? Do you have to shave? If so how do you cut/style it, like Superman does in the comic books or something different?

Maybe you can control the growth of your hair, which would be kinda awesome I think and would be good for helping with hiding your identity assuming you can control the length fairly quickly.

What about hair color? Can you dye your hair? or can you change/control the color yourself? Again that would be handy for hiding your identity.

Markiehoe wrote: To touch on Grayface's post. I assume you have pierced ears. If you take your earrings out would the holes seal up because of your enhanced healing?

Well, considering this is a two-part question, I’ll answer them both at the same time.

Not gonna lie, this is a weird question to answer but I’ll answer it.

I can’t really cut my hair nor does it grow any longer, I think I can chalk it up to my invulnerability. Which is fine, I really like my hair andI think the length and the curls are great!

As for other body hair, that hasn’t grown back and it’s pretty much smooth skin. So the only hair I have left is on my head, my brows and my lashes, that’s it.

And actually, I don’t have my ears pierced anymore ever since the day I found that meteor. Which sucks because I did have quite the earring collection but I was forced to sell/donate them a while ago.

Anon wrote:

Camille Jones wrote: (Author's Note: I think the forum ate my response to the whole sleep conversation)

Th-that's just crazy! But given that the data is correct, I may try to do this. But does that mean that those two or three hours of sleep I get is like someone going into a deep coma for a few months, maybe even years?

Anon, I don't think I am going to try to shut down parts of my brain. I don't feel comfortable with tampering or experimenting on one of my most important body parts.

Well, I just wanted to suggest a possibility, but I think that I see your point.
I'm not sure that the 8 hours in a blink trick will work that well, but I think it's worth to try. You might also try to assume a different sleeping cycle. In theory by fraction sleep in several small naps during the day a normal person can survive with a lot less sleep that the usual 8 hours. In theory by sleeping 20 minutes every 2-3 hours one can accoplish the same rest as a full 8 hour night of sleep.
By combining these two technique you might be able to rest by simply blacking out for a second every few hours.

Hmm, that would be something that I would like to try for a week. However I can see the inconvenience that may arise. Like say for example I’m in a conversation with someone and I had to black out for a few seconds. That would make me look incredibly spacey and ditzy compared to before when I’m rather intuitive and able to pay attention to the smallest of details.

Another one would be in the middle of fighting crime. The timing would be rather tricky so maybe I’ll try this when I have a clear schedule.

The Highlander wrote:

Camille Jones wrote: Hmm, I dunno how long I think I would last. I think for sleep, I can maybe last about 2 weeks or so before I start going batshit crazy if I'm sleep deprived that long. I mainly eat for enjoyment or for appearance, but I don't think eating would be a necessity for me anymore. As for breathing, well since blood still pumps into me, I need oxygen for that right? I mean I can fill my lungs with oxygen but I can only hold out for a few hours at most. Otherwise, if I don't need to breath, would that make me undead? I wouldn't think so since I can still feel my heart beat (and I can see it for that matter if I look at myself with x-ray vision).

That's a bit of a shame, needing to breathe makes any long distance exploration rather risky (although since weight is not an issue I suppose you could just carry lots of oxygen tanks with you). It would also be interesting to see what effect poison or irritants would have on you, after all a normal human in a sealed room would succumb to carbon dioxide poisoning before they ran out of oxygen.

Camille Jones wrote: Second, I don't condone cheating in a competitive environment or tournament. Hence why I don't participate in sports anymore, as a matter of fact I don't participate in competitive video game tournaments since my reaction timing is just too great.

You could still take part in something like chess which is a purely mental contest (and even with enhanced intelligence you could still have difficulty against someone with more experience).

1. Yeah, I guess that’s true! Hmmm, what if they made a space exploration suit for me? That would make long distance travelling possible, huh? I guess as long as I hold my breath in, I would be fine. But I think as long as I have some oxygen, I can probably combat any airborne toxins. As for poisons, well a simple test for me would be to see if I can ingest anything that would otherwise be corrosive. Otherwise, we can see how much hard liquor it would take for me to get intoxicated. Not that I am a drinker, but we can try it for science.
  2. Hmmm, I guess that is very true. I guess that’s why I still play fighting games like Street Fighter. Even though I understand the mechanics and move priority well, it still is a difficult battle against someone who is much more experienced at the game. I guess that’s the same for RTS. But I’ll probably stick to fighting games since I feel that’s more ‘active’ of the two.

www1969 wrote:

Camille Jones wrote:

supian wrote: Camile, from a fellow European, is there any chance you can get back over to the states and help us beat the yanks at the ryder cup golf ?

So I'm sorry but I won't help, especially against America.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much. A secret superpowered explanation is the only one I can come up with!

Lol. No hun, I’m American. I said a long time ago on here that I’m from Syracuse and I use the Imperial System profusely, that should say that I’m American, right?

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?
Last edit: 01 Oct 2012 15:38 by Camille Jones.

• Camille Jones
  • Camille Jones's Avatar Topic Author
More
01 Oct 2012 18:14 #28841 by Woodclaw

Camille Jones wrote:

Anon wrote:

Hmm, that would be something that I would like to try for a week. However I can see the inconvenience that may arise. Like say for example I’m in a conversation with someone and I had to black out for a few seconds. That would make me look incredibly spacey and ditzy compared to before when I’m rather intuitive and able to pay attention to the smallest of details.

Another one would be in the middle of fighting crime. The timing would be rather tricky so maybe I’ll try this when I have a clear schedule.

Well if Marbles theoory about accelerated sleeping is correct, I think that your lapses will be minimal, and by minimal I mean by the order of a split second, probably not even enough to start falling if you're flying at high speed. Clearly this is all subordinate to the idea that you can "compact" your sleeping hour even more than you currently do, thanks to the processing speed of your brain. 2-3 hours per night is already a pretty compact sleeping cycle and (keeping the right proportion) a different sleeping cycle might work, but it depends from many factors I don't know about.

More
01 Oct 2012 19:09 #28842 by The Highlander

1. Yeah, I guess that’s true! Hmmm, what if they made a space exploration suit for me? That would make long distance travelling possible, huh? I guess as long as I hold my breath in, I would be fine. But I think as long as I have some oxygen, I can probably combat any airborne toxins. As for poisons, well a simple test for me would be to see if I can ingest anything that would otherwise be corrosive. Otherwise, we can see how much hard liquor it would take for me to get intoxicated. Not that I am a drinker, but we can try it for science.

I don't think you would really need a suit, just oxygen tanks and a breathing mask (although they would probably need to be armoured to survive being carried by you). As for your comments about poisons, maybe it would be better to start with irritants (like tear gas) rather than toxins (just in case you're wrong). You would probably also need to be careful if you tried to get drunk, we really don't want someone who can lift a mountain stumbling about, or worse, getting rowdy!

2.Hmmm, I guess that is very true. I guess that’s why I still play fighting games like Street Fighter. Even though I understand the mechanics and move priority well, it still is a difficult battle against someone who is much more experienced at the game. I guess that’s the same for RTS. But I’ll probably stick to fighting games since I feel that’s more ‘active’ of the two.

Well I'm a big fan of RTS, so if you ever want a teammate (or opponent) just let me know!

• The Highlander
More
01 Oct 2012 20:44 #28844 by Camille Jones

The Highlander wrote:

I don't think you would really need a suit, just oxygen tanks and a breathing mask (although they would probably need to be armoured to survive being carried by you). As for your comments about poisons, maybe it would be better to start with irritants (like tear gas) rather than toxins (just in case you're wrong). You would probably also need to be careful if you tried to get drunk, we really don't want someone who can lift a mountain stumbling about, or worse, getting rowdy!

2.Hmmm, I guess that is very true. I guess that’s why I still play fighting games like Street Fighter. Even though I understand the mechanics and move priority well, it still is a difficult battle against someone who is much more experienced at the game. I guess that’s the same for RTS. But I’ll probably stick to fighting games since I feel that’s more ‘active’ of the two.

Well I'm a big fan of RTS, so if you ever want a teammate (or opponent) just let me know!

Well, if it turns out like anything in The Blind Date, I think I'm able to handle my liquor. Hopefully though I won't end up like Hancock in the beginning of the film but I'll keep a check on myself if I feel slightly buzzed. But I think I did try the tear gas test during my day at the military so I'll post more details about it in the next installment.

Yeah sure! Though I probably won't be playing much since I pretty much play fighting games a lot more.

• Camille Jones
More
01 Oct 2012 20:46 #28845 by Camille Jones

Anon wrote: Well if Marbles theoory about accelerated sleeping is correct, I think that your lapses will be minimal, and by minimal I mean by the order of a split second, probably not even enough to start falling if you're flying at high speed. Clearly this is all subordinate to the idea that you can "compact" your sleeping hour even more than you currently do, thanks to the processing speed of your brain. 2-3 hours per night is already a pretty compact sleeping cycle and (keeping the right proportion) a different sleeping cycle might work, but it depends from many factors I don't know about.

Hmmm,I might be able to try this for sure, but maybe for a week to see how it works out. Wait, if Marbles said that my mind is firing at the speed of light, could this mean that I have the potential to see into the future, if but only for a few seconds?

• Camille Jones
More
01 Oct 2012 22:31 #28846 by Woodclaw

Camille Jones wrote:

Anon wrote: Well if Marbles theoory about accelerated sleeping is correct, I think that your lapses will be minimal, and by minimal I mean by the order of a split second, probably not even enough to start falling if you're flying at high speed. Clearly this is all subordinate to the idea that you can "compact" your sleeping hour even more than you currently do, thanks to the processing speed of your brain. 2-3 hours per night is already a pretty compact sleeping cycle and (keeping the right proportion) a different sleeping cycle might work, but it depends from many factors I don't know about.

Hmmm,I might be able to try this for sure, but maybe for a week to see how it works out. Wait, if Marbles said that my mind is firing at the speed of light, could this mean that I have the potential to see into the future, if but only for a few seconds?

I don't think so, based on my knowledge of physics, if something moves behind the speed of light that something will re-experience the past, not see the future. But this is just theory... for now. ;)

More
01 Oct 2012 23:48 #28847 by Camille Jones

Anon wrote:

Camille Jones wrote:

I don't think so, based on my knowledge of physics, if something moves behind the speed of light that something will re-experience the past, not see the future. But this is just theory... for now. ;)

So I'm in a constant state of deja vue? Great.....

• Camille Jones
More
02 Oct 2012 00:07 #28848 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Ask a Supergirl
Didn't you already say that? ;)

More
02 Oct 2012 00:32 #28849 by Camille Jones

Raa wrote: Didn't you already say that? ;)

Hush you!

• Camille Jones
More
02 Oct 2012 02:32 #28852 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Ask a Supergirl
Has your bodies superior healing removed all childhood scars. If you had a tattoo, is it gone now?

More
02 Oct 2012 10:58 - 02 Oct 2012 11:00 #28858 by Woodclaw

Camille Jones wrote:

Anon wrote:

Camille Jones wrote:

Pretty much, yes. But, as I said this is all theory.

On the other hand, if you can really move faster than light, you might be able to become ubiquitous.
Last edit: 02 Oct 2012 11:00 by Woodclaw.

More
02 Oct 2012 14:25 #28861 by Camille Jones

Anon wrote:

Camille Jones wrote:

Anon wrote:

Camille Jones wrote:

Pretty much, yes. But, as I said this is all theory.

On the other hand, if you can really move faster than light, you might be able to become ubiquitous.

I don't think I can move that fast as of now, but I think I can move fast enough to make myself seem like I am in three different places at once given that they are in close proximity.

• Camille Jones
More
02 Oct 2012 14:27 - 03 Oct 2012 13:35 #28862 by Camille Jones

Markiehoe wrote: Has your bodies superior healing removed all childhood scars. If you had a tattoo, is it gone now?

As a matter of fact, yes. I noticed that this one particular scar on my knee is gone. I got that one when I fell off my bike when I was a kid. Now it's gone like it never even happened.

I never had a tattoo but since I'm impervious to steel and I can heal rather quickly, I don' think I can get one now.

Last edit: 03 Oct 2012 13:35 by Camille Jones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

• Camille Jones
More
04 Oct 2012 17:31 #28904 by Camille Jones
Hi guys, just a quick update:

So the other day, I met a Kryptonian woman by the name of Zara. She says she escaped the blast because she was currently trapped in the Phantom Zone but she escaped and she has arrived on Earth. Unfortunately, she's still not used to being superpowered so I decided to show her the ropes.

Now I know an escapee from the Phantom Zone raises some red flags but she does seem pretty nice so I'll ask her there why she was there in the first place. I'm willing to give the other person their side of their story before I make my call, unless they are just outright robbing or killing.

Also, I frequent the chatroom a lot so pop in sometime and I might be there to chat. You can also give me some feats to try out and I'll do then live in chat!

Alright, gotta jet!

- Camille S. Jones.

• Camille Jones
More
04 Oct 2012 18:42 #28906 by The Highlander
We know your skin is stronger than steel, but how about you test it against something a little harder, like diamond? Get a small one and press it against your skin, see what breaks first?

• The Highlander
More
05 Oct 2012 03:34 #28928 by Camille Jones

The Highlander wrote: We know your skin is stronger than steel, but how about you test it against something a little harder, like diamond? Get a small one and press it against your skin, see what breaks first?

Alright sure! Hmm, it's good that I didn't throw away all of my jewelry. Hmm, there is a nice one on the pendant of my necklace. I'll just use my heat vision to cut out the areas before I press it against my skin. I'm going to press it against the flat part of my forearm, see how that fairs without me flexing.

Alright, nothing so far. Though the diamond did not leave an impression on me. Maybe if I flex my forearm, let's see what happens.?

CRACK!

Wow! Well, I guess that answers that question! The diamond is cracked clean in half! So I guess I'm stronger than steel and diamonds huh? That's pretty cool actually.

• Camille Jones
More
05 Oct 2012 07:43 #28930 by bigbrian
Replied by bigbrian on topic Ask a Supergirl
is there anything you cant break in half? also how hot does you heat vision get up two?

More
05 Oct 2012 16:20 #28935 by Camille Jones

bigbrian wrote: is there anything you cant break in half? also how hot does you heat vision get up two?

At this point, I think there is nothing I can't break in half. And as for my heat vision, I haven't measured it but I practiced on a titanium steel pole once and that got melted down to a hot pile of molten goo but I didn't feel like I was straining.

• Camille Jones
More
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds