Amount

Fall 2011 Workshop Ideas: DEADLINE extended 11/30

30 Nov 2011 20:26 #25568 by Woodclaw
Entry submitted, the title is Invincible Beauty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2011 20:32 #25570 by njae
... and it's already in the bank. Didn't something similar happen with the last workshop as well? I'm pretty sure there was an entry that could be read before the end of the deadline.

More
30 Nov 2011 21:28 #25571 by Woodclaw

njae wrote: ... and it's already in the bank. Didn't something similar happen with the last workshop as well? I'm pretty sure there was an entry that could be read before the end of the deadline.

Yes, mine. I'm really starting to get pissed with this, I'm going to ask Fats to take the story down.

More
01 Dec 2011 00:27 #25572 by lfan
It's been taken down....I'm sorry and I'm out of town so my access is very limited right now. I dunno what happened Anon, but maybe Fats can share some light. In the meantime, EVERYONE has a one day reprieve as I will not post anything till Friday (Dec 2nd), as that's when I'll be back home. Sorry about the difficulties with this....

In terms of submissions, we have Anon's, G7's, Shadar's and mine....any others that we should be expecting? Last call.....

ElF

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Dec 2011 01:26 #25573 by JKIJ
I'm putting the finishing touches to my story. It won't be a complete story, but I think I've reached an appropriate stopping place for the end of part one. I plan to submit it later tonight, but if not I'll definitely submit it tomorrow.

More
01 Dec 2011 03:10 #25575 by fats

lfan wrote: It's been taken down....I'm sorry and I'm out of town so my access is very limited right now. I dunno what happened Anon, but maybe Fats can share some light. In the meantime, EVERYONE has a one day reprieve as I will not post anything till Friday (Dec 2nd), as that's when I'll be back home. Sorry about the difficulties with this....

In terms of submissions, we have Anon's, G7's, Shadar's and mine....any others that we should be expecting? Last call.....

ElF

for some reason Anon was on a different rank, i've now changed it back to the rank of author.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Dec 2011 04:49 #25576 by Woodclaw

fats wrote:

lfan wrote: It's been taken down....I'm sorry and I'm out of town so my access is very limited right now. I dunno what happened Anon, but maybe Fats can share some light. In the meantime, EVERYONE has a one day reprieve as I will not post anything till Friday (Dec 2nd), as that's when I'll be back home. Sorry about the difficulties with this....

ElF

for some reason Anon was on a different rank, i've now changed it back to the rank of author.

Fats

I believe that you switched me to that in the early days of the site because I had some issues with security and uploads, then we both forget about it.

More
01 Dec 2011 05:42 #25578 by JKIJ
I've just submitted my entry. I doubt it will be good enough to win, but I hope there might be some people who like it.

I look foward to seeing all the other entries.

More
01 Dec 2011 06:11 #25580 by argonaut
From the list of authors, it looks like we're in for some good stories!

I was hoping to put the finishing touches on a story this week, but that didn't happen. I'll try to finish it this weekend and send it to the StoryBank as a "non-entry."

More
01 Dec 2011 07:45 #25582 by inactive
So that's 5 entries so far. Not bad at all.

- GeekSeven

More
02 Dec 2011 00:02 #25587 by njae
I know it will be answered tomorrow when the stories are posted, but did anybody go with the "Fanfiction Fanfiction" part of the "What if?" theme?

More
02 Dec 2011 03:19 #25588 by shadar
Not me...I decided to go with the 2010 Angelina Jolie movie SALT and do a sequel where we discover the truth(s) about Evelyn Salt. And since I can't seem to write anything without involving alien superhuman DNA and uber-blondes...well, you know.

Hope folks remember the movie...

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
02 Dec 2011 06:10 #25591 by inactive

njae wrote: I know it will be answered tomorrow when the stories are posted, but did anybody go with the "Fanfiction Fanfiction" part of the "What if?" theme?

Not for the workshop. However, as a side-project, I did start working on a story "inspired by" conceptfan's "The Groupie". I'm about halfway through a first draft and I'm hopeful it will take less than six months to finish.

- GeekSeven

More
02 Dec 2011 06:50 #25594 by Woodclaw

njae wrote: I know it will be answered tomorrow when the stories are posted, but did anybody go with the "Fanfiction Fanfiction" part of the "What if?" theme?

I toyed with it for a while, but I scraped it because I could get the proper angle about the character.

More
02 Dec 2011 09:34 #25595 by lfan
Guys --

I just sent FATS an email to go ahead and post the submited stories so far tomorrow, time permitting. My travel plans changed and I won't go into details, but I will not be able to post them tomorrow. Hopefully FATS can....if not, I'll post them as soon as I can.

While my travel was expected, I got throw a personal curve ball earlier this evening so my apologies!

Elf

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Dec 2011 10:33 #25596 by inactive

lfan wrote: Guys --

I just sent FATS an email to go ahead and post the submited stories so far tomorrow, time permitting. My travel plans changed and I won't go into details, but I will not be able to post them tomorrow. Hopefully FATS can....if not, I'll post them as soon as I can.

While my travel was expected, I got throw a personal curve ball earlier this evening so my apologies!

Elf

No worries, lfan. Stay safe while you're traveling.

- GeekSeven

More
02 Dec 2011 19:21 #25599 by fats
got the email from lfan and i'll have up soon.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Dec 2011 20:25 #25601 by inactive

fats wrote: got the email from lfan and i'll have up soon.

Fats

Thanks, fats. I see them up there now. For some reason, the second part of my story shows as a blank page when I try to open it. Parts 1 and 3 open up fine.

Let me know if you need me to do something on my end.

- GeekSeven

More
02 Dec 2011 20:50 #25602 by fats

DietSnapple71 wrote:

fats wrote: got the email from lfan and i'll have up soon.

Fats

Thanks, fats. I see them up there now. For some reason, the second part of my story shows as a blank page when I try to open it. Parts 1 and 3 open up fine.

Let me know if you need me to do something on my end.

it's strange, the story is there i can view it via the backend, but for some reason it will not show up on the site.

I'm looking in to it now.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Dec 2011 03:31 #25604 by deathgeonous
Just letting you know, part two, rage is still blank.

More
03 Dec 2011 04:28 #25606 by fats
OK, i've looked over part 2 and i can not find a reason for it's not showing, i've asked G7 to resubmit and we will take it from there.

hopefully it can be sorted tomorrow.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Dec 2011 08:54 #25609 by inactive

fats wrote: OK, i've looked over part 2 and i can not find a reason for it's not showing, i've asked G7 to resubmit and we will take it from there.

Fats

Okay, I just resubmitted part 2.

- GeekSeven

More
03 Dec 2011 10:15 #25610 by fats

DietSnapple71 wrote:

fats wrote: OK, i've looked over part 2 and i can not find a reason for it's not showing, i've asked G7 to resubmit and we will take it from there.

Fats

and now it works.

fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Dec 2011 10:26 #25611 by inactive

fats wrote:

DietSnapple71 wrote:

Fats

and now it works.

fats

Thank you, fats!

- GeekSeven
The following user(s) said Thank You: fats

More
04 Dec 2011 06:24 #25616 by sgfan05
Awesome entries, my favorite though had to be Three Superwomen of Multiple Earths.

More
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds