Amount

Spring Workshop Report

28 Jun 2013 21:42 #32088 by Woodclaw
Spring Workshop Report was created by Woodclaw
Okay, this is just a thread to aks who's working on an entry for the upcoming workshop.

I'm working on a pretty convulted entry, which is turning out much longer than I thought, but I'm loving it.

So, who else is game?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 Jun 2013 22:30 #32089 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Spring Workshop Report
Mines already finished and ready.

Its about a supervillaness relationship with her son.

It was actually the first story i have written for the site, but i have updated it since then. Its a lot shorter then most of my stories as i thought there was a limit of a 1000 words, but perhaps that helps with my long windness.

I actually wrote 'Phoniex at the Ashes' as a second entry but didn't want to compete with myself so i just posted it.

Castor

More
28 Jun 2013 23:18 #32090 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Spring Workshop Report
What is the topic and the dead line?

More
28 Jun 2013 23:51 #32091 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Spring Workshop Report

castor wrote: Mines already finished and ready.

Its about a supervillaness relationship with her son.

It was actually the first story i have written for the site, but i have updated it since then. Its a lot shorter then most of my stories as i thought there was a limit of a 1000 words, but perhaps that helps with my long windness.

I actually wrote 'Phoniex at the Ashes' as a second entry but didn't want to compete with myself so i just posted it.

Castor

About that Castor, you should remember that you can still change it before the deadline. I think it would be wise to submit it to you beta-readers before posting the final version.

Raa wrote: What is the topic and the dead line?

The deadline is the 31st of July and the chosen theme is "Family Dynamics".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
29 Jun 2013 01:09 #32092 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Spring Workshop Report
I am about 2/3rds of the way through my first draft.

It's about two sisters with superpowers, children of the world's first superheto, who have taken different directions in their life.

- GeekSeven

More
29 Jun 2013 03:38 #32093 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Spring Workshop Report
There is a workshop going on?

More
29 Jun 2013 04:13 #32094 by inactive

ace191 wrote: There is a workshop going on?

Interesting point. If you look at the front page there is no obvious indication of the current workshop.

- GeekSeven

More
29 Jun 2013 04:24 #32095 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic Spring Workshop Report
Just making some edits, but otherwise my submission is ready to go

• d_k_c
  • Away
More
29 Jun 2013 06:09 #32096 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Spring Workshop Report
Wow. Since may 6th when i submited my story for the first time, i realized i have written an 87000 word novel, a linked series of short stories that is about novel length, A screenplay, a novella(Armada),Two long short stories that could be classifed as novellas(Starhawk, and a story i haven't published ye called Daylight), And two more actual short stories. I am half through another novella length story(called Test of...).

I also went on vacation for about week to see the grand canyon.

Been a productive couple of months. All of which kind of started with the idea "Hey SWM is having a writing workshop. Hey that may be fun to try writing ubergirl stuff"

Castor
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL

More
29 Jun 2013 07:52 #32097 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic Spring Workshop Report

geekseven wrote:

Interesting point. If you look at the front page there is no obvious indication of the current workshop.

Good point. Maybe we should have a little corner just above the recent comment section (for example) where it says the basic information of the workshop (deadline theme word limit).

And while on the subject of workshops. I think we should make a sticky topic in the workshop section that explains all the general rules of the workshops.

More
29 Jun 2013 08:11 #32098 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Spring Workshop Report

geekseven wrote:

The news that opened it up is still visible in the blog, behind the 500 story milestone, the news about the Mighty Woman project and some advertisment about back then news stories... not to mention that there was a threat to find the current theme before th end of the last workshop. The idea was that there should ALWAYS be a workshop going on.

@ChaozCloud

you might want to show up in the chat more often.

Back to topic:

My entry is 2000 words in, which isn't that much yet. I don't intend it to be as long as the story I planned for the last workshop since that was never finished due to the intended length, but my schedule and motivation problems seem to team up to make things harder for me.

More
30 Jun 2013 00:49 #32109 by pansardum
Replied by pansardum on topic Spring Workshop Report
Like Njae I'm about 2k words in. Lots of stuff left to write and maybe most importantly figure out. I got most key moments mapped out, but still not sure how I will tie all of them together.

More
30 Jun 2013 09:48 #32115 by JKIJ
Replied by JKIJ on topic Spring Workshop Report
I'm back after finding myself a new job which starts tomorrow. I've really got a lot to catch up on here. Unfortunately finding the job and the travelling involved will mean that I'm not going to be able to get anything done for this workshop. I do promise to read and comment on all the entries though.

More
30 Jun 2013 11:18 #32116 by Woodclaw

JKIJ wrote: I'm back after finding myself a new job which starts tomorrow. I've really got a lot to catch up on here. Unfortunately finding the job and the travelling involved will mean that I'm not going to be able to get anything done for this workshop. I do promise to read and comment on all the entries though.

Good to hear that you're back.

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Jul 2013 16:50 #32244 by johnjaycpa
Replied by johnjaycpa on topic Spring Workshop Report
Hi. I've been reading this site since almost the beginning, but this is my first post.

I'm currently working on a story for the WS. The premise is that a young girl's superpowers were permanently transferred to her mother, and the ex-supergirl is trying to come to terms with the situation. I don't know if I'll be able to finish on time, but I'll try. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

jnjaycpa

More
13 Jul 2013 19:14 #32246 by Woodclaw

johnjaycpa wrote: Hi. I've been reading this site since almost the beginning, but this is my first post.

I'm currently working on a story for the WS. The premise is that a young girl's superpowers were permanently transferred to her mother, and the ex-supergirl is trying to come to terms with the situation. I don't know if I'll be able to finish on time, but I'll try. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

jnjaycpa

Well the story seem to fit the theme perfectly. I really hope that you will make it in time, otherwise, publish the story anyway I'll glad to read it.

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Jul 2013 22:35 #32255 by johnjaycpa
Thanks. The story will be short, 5K words at most.

More
13 Jul 2013 23:23 - 13 Jul 2013 23:24 #32256 by pansardum
Replied by pansardum on topic Spring Workshop Report

johnjaycpa wrote: Thanks. The story will be short, 5K words at most.

I'm with Anon, sounds like a good premise. I just wanted to suggest to maybe try and find a proof reader, it can be great to get a second opinion and someone that notices things that are easily overlooked. (believe me, those things always sneak their way into stories) If no one volunteer here you could start a thread or search in the chat room.
Last edit: 13 Jul 2013 23:24 by pansardum.

More
15 Jul 2013 02:54 #32273 by algae2k
Replied by algae2k on topic Spring Workshop Report
I would be willing to proofread.

More
15 Jul 2013 04:30 #32276 by johnjaycpa
Thanks! I'm working on the first chapter right now. I hope to have it done tonight or tomorrow at latest. This chapter establishes the premises. Is it possible to e-mail it to you or should I send a post. Let me know ASAP. Thanks again!

jnjaycpa

More
21 Jul 2013 06:46 #32388 by aki_zz
Replied by aki_zz on topic Spring Workshop Report
hi guys. firstly i would like to apologize. for all the hoo hah i've been telling i actually haven't finished my story yet. i just got caught up with my new job and only managed to complete half of the story. :(

if i even managed to finish it probably there would not be enough time to proof read.

More
22 Jul 2013 16:12 #32414 by algae2k
Replied by algae2k on topic Spring Workshop Report

johnjaycpa wrote: Thanks! I'm working on the first chapter right now. I hope to have it done tonight or tomorrow at latest. This chapter establishes the premises. Is it possible to e-mail it to you or should I send a post. Let me know ASAP. Thanks again!

jnjaycpa

algae2k@yahoo.com , but leave a message here so I know to look for it!

More
22 Jul 2013 19:56 #32415 by smoki07
Replied by smoki07 on topic Spring Workshop Report
that sound like an original concept for a story!

johnjaycpa wrote: Hi. I've been reading this site since almost the beginning, but this is my first post.

jnjaycpa

More
22 Jul 2013 20:50 #32416 by inactive
I have a story, but it stinks and I don't know if it can be fixed.

- GeekSeven

More
22 Jul 2013 20:54 #32417 by Woodclaw

geekseven wrote: I have a story, but it stinks and I don't know if it can be fixed.

That seem to be the problem with a lot of us.

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds