Amount

New Suit Coming For Season 5

16 Jul 2019 17:00 #64510 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic New Suit Coming For Season 5
I'm with Shadar on the skirt/hot pants being an iconic part of the Supergirl mythos.

This costume is horribly.  And I don't really mind superheroines in full-body suits.

But if your superheroine is SUPERGIRL, then you need to dress her like Supergirl.

Cold my ass.  That is a laughable excuse if that is the reason.  How much do you get paid per episode Melissa?  I am sure there are dozens of young actresses out there who would jump at the role you have.

And I also have to agree with others, the hair is also bad.  Wth is happening at the CW?  Oh wait....

Anywho, this will be a pass to say the least.

Was a fun ride in the beginning, but looks like this show has fully morphed into Supergirl-in-name-only.

Just my 2-cents.

Peace.

/K
The following user(s) said Thank You: erikphandel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2019 17:26 - 16 Jul 2019 17:52 #64511 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic New Suit Coming For Season 5
What about hot pants AND the traditional short red skirt as a compromise?

ETA Melissa is looking rather older and more mature now. Perhaps make her Superwoman instead of Supergirl? That could be the way the show directors and Melissa are heading...
Last edit: 16 Jul 2019 17:52 by Monty.

More
16 Jul 2019 17:54 #64512 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic New Suit Coming For Season 5
Although I agree that the change seems way too abrupt and radical, I'm really disappointed by the fact that so many of you already trashed the costume based on a single low-quality picture. Id'like to remind you that the first pictures of the Batwoman costume last year were equally terrible (up to the point that the costume looked purple in some of them), but worked great on film. Given that last season pretty much benched Clark for the time being, it's entirely possible that Kara decided to use something closer to his look to highlight her new role.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)
The following user(s) said Thank You: murdough, andyf

More
16 Jul 2019 18:52 #64513 by derekh48
Replied by derekh48 on topic New Suit Coming For Season 5
be interesting to see how they do the transition from skirt to long pants outfit

More
16 Jul 2019 19:17 #64514 by Monty
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
16 Jul 2019 21:18 #64515 by kikass2014
@Woodclaw

To be fair, I think the "trashing" as you put it, is more to do with the fact that its changing one of the fundamental aspects of Supergirl's character - her costume.

I seem to recall in the comics they tried her with a bodysuit costume and it didn't go over well.  Same with WW.

Batwoman has a whole host of problems associated with it, but to me, the costume was the least of them.  It looked pretty good from the off imo.

Maybe what you say has some truth to it, that they are morphing her into some sort of Powergirl/Superwoman type character.

Either case, it still not Supergirl, which to be fair, is what the show is called.

Peace.

/K
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar

More
17 Jul 2019 02:11 #64516 by murdough
Replied by murdough on topic New Suit Coming For Season 5
New shots from on set. Better lighting, etc. Probably a rehearsal given that she's sans cape.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jyache

• murdough
  • murdough's Avatar Topic Author
  • SWM - Junior
  • SWM - Junior
More
17 Jul 2019 02:16 #64517 by murdough

This message has attachments images.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, jyache, Monty

• murdough
  • SWM - Junior
  • SWM - Junior
More
17 Jul 2019 02:53 #64518 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic New Suit Coming For Season 5
I would have preferred the skirt, but she getting a little too old to be called Supergirl so now they are going to give her a Superwoman look.  I do not think they will change the name of the show, but I bet Alex (or someone) will make the comment “You really are a Superwoman” or something very similar.

More
17 Jul 2019 03:05 #64519 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic New Suit Coming For Season 5
The boots look like something a fireman would wear. Or Tom Bombadill. 

As far as the rest goes, I can live with it as a Superwoman kind of character. Actually like the top and the treatment of the "S". 

Shadar

More
17 Jul 2019 03:14 #64520 by murdough

shadar wrote: The boots look like something a fireman would wear. Or Tom Bombadill. 

As far as the rest goes, I can live with it as a Superwoman kind of character. Actually like the top and the treatment of the "S". 

Shadar

The embossing's reminiscent of Superman's current look in the comics.

This message has an attachment image.

• murdough
  • SWM - Junior
  • SWM - Junior
More
17 Jul 2019 12:13 - 18 Jul 2019 15:21 #64522 by Monty

murdough wrote: New shots from on set. Better lighting, etc. Probably a rehearsal given that she's sans cape.

Is that an HGV truck Melissa has just ground to a halt with her bare hands, then flying off with a grin? I don't mind costume changes if she's doing this next season! 
Last edit: 18 Jul 2019 15:21 by Monty.

More
17 Jul 2019 15:07 - 17 Jul 2019 15:20 #64524 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic New Suit Coming For Season 5
PRODUCER #1: Okay, what can we do in the next season of Supergirl that will really please the fans?

PRODUCER #2: Well, one criticism some fans have is that the show bases itself far too much on Superman, and seems to have little faith in Supergirl's past canon of adventures and characters. Indeed some are unkind enough to say that the CW show is just "Superman in a skirt".

PRODUCER #1: Hmm... Right... So you're thinking that we should get rid of the skirt?

PRODUCER #2: Not quite. What I meant was --

PRODUCER #1: That's a great idea!! Maybe put her in a one-piece suit that's all blue?

PRODUCER #2: Erm, won't that just make her exactly like Superman..?

PRODUCER #1: Of course! But nobody will be able to say she's Supergirl in a skirt any more, will they..?

PRODUCER #2; Erm,.. I... guess not..!

PRODUCER #1: Good. So that's decided! Now, have you had time to think about my idea to turn Alex Danvers into the time-travelling cyborg love-child of Lex Luthor and Eliza Danvers..?

R5

Supergirl Pre-Crisis Chronology: www.superwomenmania.com/supergirltl/
Supergirl: the Life and Times of Kara Zor-El: maidofmight.wordpress.com/
DeviantArt: 5red.deviantart.com/
Blog: x5red.tumblr.com/
Last edit: 17 Jul 2019 15:20 by five_red.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Raa, kikass2014

More
17 Jul 2019 16:20 #64526 by kikass2014
^ AHAHHAHAHAHAHA :D  

Peace.

/K

More
17 Jul 2019 17:48 #64527 by murdough
One of the last times we'll see Melissa in the old suit, as well as a first look at Stephen Amell's new(and final suit).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSF2ptHZqNA&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3JT6Jpr8kKNA2P642W2duZCd5S_e9QfrydVfM4RjEsc2bB6zMOySuoX3w

• murdough
  • SWM - Junior
  • SWM - Junior
More
17 Jul 2019 19:08 #64531 by shadar

murdough wrote: One of the last times we'll see Melissa in the old suit, as well as a first look at Stephen Amell's new(and final suit).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSF2ptHZqNA&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3JT6Jpr8kKNA2P642W2duZCd5S_e9QfrydVfM4RjEsc2bB6zMOySuoX3w

Melissa, who is going to do some directing of the show this next season, says at one point in this video that she'd like Supergirl to go into therapy. That it would be a fun story. You know, because she's been through some stuff.

Well, sorry Melissa, but I for one have not been waiting for a show where Supergirl is in therapy. In fact, that sounds horrible. Beyond horrible. 

One thing about Supergirl in the comics, is that even when she's really stressed out or freaked out or whatever, she always pulls herself together because... she's a hero. She's a Kryptonian, born and raised. She reaches down deep and proves she's not a wimpy human who has to lie on a couch and talk and cry about her problems with a therapist to get over them. She always proves she has the power inside her to overcome anything, physical or mental. 

But then, I'm a Boomer, not a Millennial, so my idea of heroes is a bit old-fashioned. And while I'm flexible in most ways (or try to be), I still think the basis of heroism comes from deep inside, and it doesn't need a friggin' therapist and a group hug to make it work. 

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Ravens_ghost, kikass2014

More
17 Jul 2019 20:39 #64534 by Klaus
Replied by Klaus on topic New Suit Coming For Season 5
A therapy story-line could work... for a more grounded hero. Not for supergirl. Never for supergirl.

More
17 Jul 2019 20:55 #64535 by murdough

Klaus wrote: A therapy story-line could work... for a more grounded hero. Not for supergirl. Never for supergirl.

Barry and Iris went to marriage/couples counselling in season 4, and Oliver *should* have seen a therapist from day one since he was a poster boy for PTSD 

• murdough
  • SWM - Junior
  • SWM - Junior
More
17 Jul 2019 21:07 #64536 by shadar

murdough wrote:

Klaus wrote: A therapy story-line could work... for a more grounded hero. Not for supergirl. Never for supergirl.

Barry and Iris went to marriage/couples counselling in season 4, and Oliver *should* have seen a therapist from day one since he was a poster boy for PTSD 

Ok, but they aren’t Kryptonians. 

Does Superman go to a therapist to talk and cry about his problems? 

Not my Superman.

Or my idea of Supergirl either. She watched her entire friggin’ planet blow up. And she handled that and grew up Ok. She’s never been haunted by PTSD. She’s Supergirl. 

But now she needs a therapist to handle Earth problems? 

This idea of making Supergirl more normal and more human and fragile inside doesn’t work for me. Because she isn’t. That’s the point of the character. 

She can pretend to be human, but in every way, she isn’t.

Shadar

More
17 Jul 2019 21:20 #64537 by Monty
Supergirl has always been upset when she saw her mother as a hologram in her fortress reminding her of home.

More
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds