Amount

Melissa's been working out?

16 Sep 2019 19:08 #65024 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Melissa's been working out?
Tks, Fats. Good to hear from you.

Melissa appears to be a lot blonder now than previous seasons, and the bangs that were kind of distracting in the promo picts are covered in this hairdo.

I like this look. More Kara Zor-El like, but who knows what they'll do with her hair when she's in costume. 

Bangs don't work with her face, IMHO. I think they were trying to make her look younger. Hazards of a long-running series.

But I'm perfectly happy with a late twenties Kara. I've partially written a story where Kara is older and has lots of kids. The perspective is from an ordinary guy who is dating Kara's oldest daughter (who is away at college) and she's brought him home to get to know the family. Which turns out to be kind of mind-blowing.

I mean, there is only so much you can do to prepare for being immersed in a large family of Kryptonians. 

Hope you are starting to feel better, Fats.

Shadar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
16 Sep 2019 22:37 #65025 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Melissa's been working out?
She does look more in shape in that photo then she has been on the show imo.

Now if only they would reconsider her hairstyle for this season.  It just does not suit her at all.

Peace.

/K

More
30 Sep 2019 22:16 #65145 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Melissa's been working out?

kikass2014 wrote: She does look more in shape in that photo then she has been on the show imo.

Now if only they would reconsider her hairstyle for this season.  It just does not suit her at all.

Peace.

/K

It looks like they did consider it - and decided to go with Melissa's personal choice in hair style.

"They were going to put her in a wig and hold on to the old cut, but then once they saw it, they thought it was a nice freshening."

www.insider.com/cw-supergirl-costume-des...nts-interview-2019-9

Project Super Woman
SFX Laden Video Shorts and Digital Comics Featuring Super Heroines
www.projectsuperwoman.com

Home of Mindy Marvel, Super Michaela, Domina, E-Girl, Bionica, Power Play, Amp, Superheroines & Super Villains.

• Random321
  • Uberposter
  • Uberposter
  • Project Super Woman
More
30 Sep 2019 23:07 #65147 by kikass2014
I guess I can kind of understand the "going with a more mature/sophisticated angle/look" for this season.

We'll see how that fits in, in terms of themes and quality of the writing.

Peace.

/K
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar

More
30 Sep 2019 23:50 #65148 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Melissa's been working out?

kikass2014 wrote: I guess I can kind of understand the "going with a more mature/sophisticated angle/look" for this season.

We'll see how that fits in, in terms of themes and quality of the writing.

Peace.

/K

I'm not going to turn on or off the show based on hairstyle or costume. I mean, those are gripes but they're nits. I've grown to really like Melissa in the role, and that won't change if she's wearing a hijab or naked (assuming both of those states of dress were part of a good story). 

For me, it's all about the writing, script and actors abilities. We have some people on the show who can act, but the writing (as discussed here ad infinitum) has sucked at a conceptual level and also at the execution level as well as preachy and overly PC..  Kind of hard to salvage anything else when the story line is dumb and dumber. 

So if the writing is much improved, I'm a fan again. I guess we'll see soon enough. 

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: kikass2014

• shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
01 Oct 2019 02:31 #65149 by kikass2014
^ Totally agree :) 

Peace.

/K

More
Time to create page: 0.555 seconds