Amount

Wendy, Special Weapon Research

18 Sep 2016 21:52 #50318 by LustMonster
Replied by LustMonster on topic Wendy, Special Weapon Research
In my story series, these two stories have received the rewrite and new illustration treatment:

Eggs In One Basket

Crash Test Honeys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2016 09:57 #50409 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Wendy, Special Weapon Research
A quick announcement: all the parts of this story up to Expedition 3 are now updated with the rewritten text and new pictures.

I'll invite all of you to take a look to the new version and, if you like any of the attached art, to visit the pages of the artists responsible for them. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: AuGoose, LustMonster

More
10 Oct 2016 17:50 #50617 by LustMonster
Expedition, Part 4 has been updated. It's almost completely new (with many new illustrations).

This completes the "Big Reset", so now I can get on with the new stuff...

More
11 Oct 2016 02:01 #50630 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Wendy, Special Weapon Research
"New stuff" being clever shorthand for "new stuff to smashy-smashy!" I'm guessing :).

I've genuinely enjoyed watching the Big Reset. While the setting was doing a nice job slowly unfolding in the background as Wendy (and occasionally Commander Wallace) went about their gleeful mayhem-y way, we're now seeing a lot more of the other residents of the base as people who interact with your two goddesses rather than cardboard stand-ups they move amongst. Along with the frequent muscle worship, I see a nice streak of hero worship - these people are genuinely grateful to be in the company of friendly monsters, beings who can and actively do fight off horrors cast out of pure nightmare fuel. I look forward to seeing more of their 'merely' human contributions to the struggle as humanity pushes back against the abbies. Because good minions don't detract from the awesome of good heroes at all. If anything it makes it more evident that these are people worth fighting for.

Then there's the nine-and-a-half thousand pound multi-colored elephant in the room: the amount of art you've brought to bear on this project is simply staggering. It's gaining a sort of momentum all it's own, as you can see new artists over on DA actively eager to become a part of the phenomena. Given the comic book roots of the whole genre, its a pleasure to see so much art and even sequential art to go along with this story. It's inspiring (if a bit out of my price range most days :)).
The following user(s) said Thank You: LustMonster

More
21 Nov 2016 00:13 #51336 by Woodclaw
For all those whonhaven't noticed not only we have a new chapter, but Expedition Part 5 now have a new picture :)

More
26 Dec 2016 20:45 #51904 by Woodclaw
In case you haven't noticed the battle (and something else ... ;) ) is now in full swing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AuGoose, LustMonster

More
31 Dec 2016 06:54 #51995 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Wendy, Special Weapon Research
So while I've had the privilege of doing some advance reading and proofing in the past, this latest installment is entirely new to me. And I have to say its a turning point. The world is getting bigger before our eyes. Not just with words. Not only is the art purpose-built be artists who have clearly become fans of the setting, its simply LAVISH in a way many of our stories would love to be.

Lustmonster, I won't ask the $$, but it's clear you're putting real money into your vision, and then sharing it with us all on a by-donations-only site where fans of adult super-heroine stories (and art!) can tune in and browse for absolutely free.

That is very generous. And I want you to know I know it's very generous...

Thank you. Just thank you.

Looking forward to more Babs and Wendy in the New Year!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LustMonster

More
31 Dec 2016 17:49 #52000 by LustMonster
Thank you for the kind comments. :)

This particular story will likely remain at the far end of the bell curve as far as number of illustrations go. (CylenX and I were having way too much fun coming up with "abbie" battle pics!) Going forward I envision 3-5 drawings per story, and a slowdown of my writing pace so I can have enough illustrations and stay within an art budget that won't raise wifely eyebrows.

One thing you'll likely see more of, though, are multi-panel sequences (like the one with Wendy playing with the two tanks a few stories ago).

More
22 Jan 2017 18:06 - 22 Jan 2017 18:16 #52208 by LustMonster
The latest in this series is posted:

East Bound and Down

I wasn't originally planning for this one to be so long, but it took on a life of its own once I started writing it down.

The title is a reference to the awesome Jerry Reed song, not the TV show. :)
Last edit: 22 Jan 2017 18:16 by LustMonster.

More
13 Mar 2017 18:20 - 13 Mar 2017 18:21 #53127 by LustMonster
I have posted Be It Ever So Humble , the next story in my Special Weapons Research series.

I have decided to break the series into "seasons", like a TV series. This story is the end of season one, and I'll be taking a break from the main series for a few months. At the moment I have story arcs in mind to cover three seasons. I do plan to write some other stories in the interim, including a few standalone Wendy & Commander stories (short "day in their life at the Base" vignettes). At least one of these will be presented in a comic book format.
Last edit: 13 Mar 2017 18:21 by LustMonster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelknight3000, Dru1076

More
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds