Amount

Season 1 x 12 Spoilers and Discussions Bizarro

04 Feb 2016 16:42 #46328 by pansardum
Replied by pansardum on topic Season 1 x 12 Spoilers and Discussions Bizarro

YAGS wrote:

pansardum wrote: I'm still somewhat curious how Lord will get out from his cell.

Lots of easy directions they can go with that. I don't expect great creativity from this writing staff. Here's some options, just off the top of my head:

1. The DEO needs his help with some tech, and he can't do it from inside the cell. Since he'll be seen out in public (after his disappearance is a big news story for weeks), Hank cuts a deal to release him permanently if he keeps his mouth shut and pretends that the government rescued him from that week's threat. In the end, he tries to betray them by telling the press the truth, but Hank mindwipes him to prevent that.

2. Remember that comment about Alex's mother at the end of this episode? He set something up in advance as an emergency plan. He has employees set to kidnap her if he ever disappears, so he can bargain with Alex and Kara to get himself released in exchange for her.

The comment about Alex's mom didn't pass me by. I'm just hoping they don't make it that cliché and has something interesting planned.
It feels to me that Lord knows a bit too much to just be released and a mind wipe doesn't seem like a solution with how much trouble hank had with the last one.
Also should they have the villain kidnap someone in three episodes in a row...Though Lord's story might not be the main problem during next episode when considering how this episode ended.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2016 17:49 #46329 by fats

jdrock24 wrote:

fats wrote:
being in a jet with MB is even harder, one of the nicest celebs I've ever met.

Fats

Wait a minute! Are you saying that you got to fly MB around and spend some time with her?

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

5 flights in 6 years, starting when she was in Glee.

Fats

More
04 Feb 2016 20:31 #46335 by shadar
I had the (expensive) privilege of chartering a jet several times through Elite Jets (for my father when he was elderly and frail), and I was impressed with how involved the flight crew was with the passengers. It's truly an elite world. My father was thrilled.

Also flew as a guest on a few flights and also on corporate-owned jets (not as much fun)... enough to have a taste of Fats world.

My conclusion is there are reduced social barriers between passengers and crew. Unlike most encounters celebrities have with the public, the private jet experience is exclusive and private enough, almost intimate, which lets people be themselves. Celebrities tend to treat the crew with a deference that they might not display with others.

Of course, I am sure there are assholes. But there is an element of civility that is more the norm with celebrities in exclusive settings that the public rarely sees. Experienced that during many stays at Four Seasons resorts over the years (mostly business-related when I was an executive based in Singapore). It's kind of like a club, and if you're a there, you get treated as if you belong.

Anyway, that's a past life. I'm just an ordinary retired bloke now watching his pennies like everyone else. But my conclusion from those experiences was that the private jet is a rarified and exclusive world with its own rules.

Shadar

More
04 Feb 2016 21:15 #46338 by fats

shadar wrote: I had the (expensive) privilege of chartering a jet several times through Elite Jets (for my father when he was elderly and frail), and I was impressed with how involved the flight crew was with the passengers. It's truly an elite world. My father was thrilled.

Also flew as a guest on a few flights and also on corporate-owned jets (not as much fun)... enough to have a taste of Fats world.

My conclusion is there are reduced social barriers between passengers and crew. Unlike most encounters celebrities have with the public, the private jet experience is exclusive and private enough, almost intimate, which lets people be themselves. Celebrities tend to treat the crew with a deference that they might not display with others.

Of course, I am sure there are assholes. But there is an element of civility that is more the norm with celebrities in exclusive settings that the public rarely sees. Experienced that during many stays at Four Seasons resorts over the years (mostly business-related when I was an executive based in Singapore). It's kind of like a club, and if you're a there, you get treated as if you belong.

Anyway, that's a past life. I'm just an ordinary retired bloke now watching his pennies like everyone else. But my conclusion from those experiences was that the private jet is a rarified and exclusive world with its own rules.

Shadar

Over the years, I've flown lottery winners, celebs, politicians, royalty and business people, on the whole, I rate them as follows.

Nicest are celebs, second only to politicians, they need to be loved to feel worthwhile, business people are next, you don't need to be nice to be successful but it helps, lottery winners are the second nastiest, all that money goes to their head and the nastiest people to fly are royalty, there is not a good thing I can say about them.

Fats

More
05 Feb 2016 15:46 - 05 Feb 2016 15:50 #46344 by Monty
That will explain the loss of an engine and the continued flight - Melissa was back flying in the interior mid-section holding the plane up! ☺
Last edit: 05 Feb 2016 15:50 by Monty.

More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds