Amount

Taurus Films - Film Discussion

16 Mar 2021 17:03 #70714 by fats
Taurus Films - Film Discussion was created by fats
Hi all,

This is the new thread to discuss Taurus Film's new content

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 Mar 2021 21:34 #70719 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Taurus Films - Announcements
Again, I really loved the humor in Amulet 2!
The following user(s) said Thank You: spunk639

More
18 Mar 2021 15:37 #70742 by spunk639
Replied by spunk639 on topic Taurus Films - Announcements
Continuity, the actress in first amulet she should be in the second. A little more continuity will make the stories better.

More
18 Mar 2021 15:58 #70743 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Taurus Films - Announcements
I actually liked the second actress better.  She had good comic timing.

More
19 Mar 2021 20:13 #70766 by morgonen
Replied by morgonen on topic Taurus Films - Announcements
Amulet 2

That collarlift was really good when she lifts him so slow off the ground, looks more realistic.
Also how far up she has them in that double throatlift, arms straight up, love it!
Actress was great and delivered her role, keep this up!

More
26 Mar 2021 22:07 #70835 by Bert
Replied by Bert on topic Taurus Films - Film Discussion
Hey Taurus film folks. Have you guys considered branching out a little bit? You have lovely actresses and good production values, but there's an overriding sameness to almost every video you make. I'd love to see you stretch your creative wings a little and offer something different.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad2, erikphandel, lazyfox

More
26 Mar 2021 22:54 #70836 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic Taurus Films - Film Discussion
We should have a workshop - bearing in mind budget for fx and time limitations. Write a script, with the actresses of your choice, for a 15 minute video.

Not to say Taurus would go ahead and make the film.....but I’m really interested in seeing what people would write.

Goes without saying but Taurus’s videos have been PG.

Might be a fun idea
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, SCOTT R, erikphandel

More
27 Mar 2021 03:01 #70837 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Taurus Films - Film Discussion

We should have a workshop - bearing in mind budget for fx and time limitations. Write a script, with the actresses of your choice, for a 15 minute video.
That would be a cool idea. TKS can setup certain guidelines that the script needs to meet (i.e. no more than 3 people present, no nudity, etc). The script that wins the most votes gets made into the next 15 minute short film. Naturally, TKS can reserve the right to make changes that will more easily fit what he can do as a filmmaker. There would need to be a short legal disclaimer that anyone submitting a script gives up any ownership or rights to the story, scenes, or characters within. The winner gets a free copy of the video. Everyone else has to buy it just as normal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

More
27 Mar 2021 03:05 #70838 by willow

Hey Taurus film folks. Have you guys considered branching out a little bit? You have lovely actresses and good production values, but there's an overriding sameness to almost every video you make. I'd love to see you stretch your creative wings a little and offer something different.
I am curious what your thoughts on branching out include. I would like to see a bit more green screen shots (more flying) and some more special effects. However, they have been slowly branching out with various new props as they can afford. (Breakable bottles are cool but cost money and can't be re-used like bending a rubber crowbar)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, Brad2, erikphandel

More
27 Mar 2021 12:36 #70839 by tks
Replied by tks on topic Taurus Films - Film Discussion
Thanks so much for the feedback.

We are always looking at new things to do and new ways to tell the stories. We are very lucky in that out customs do keep us going and in that often people request things they may have seen because they know we can do it or have seen it and enjoy it. We prioritise these over our own Ideas and we’ve bee incredibly lucky to have had a solid stream over the last few months really.

We are hoping to work on a project this summer which we want to experiment a bit with. Our last one “The Ring” parts 1 and 2 was a lot of fun and we were able to try a couple of new things as part of that as well.

We did get hold of a couple of new props and breakables as willow mentioned :) but yes unfortunately each one costs extra and more often than not for every one you see break on screen there are probably 1 or 2 that are either in unused shots or are broken in rehersals etc.

Hopefully later this year we’ll have some fresher looking things for you :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, AlbertC, SCOTT R, Bert, Agent00Soul, erikphandel, kikass2014

More
27 Mar 2021 19:16 #70846 by AlbertC
Replied by AlbertC on topic Taurus Films - Film Discussion
Just a curiosity:

How long do you take to make a movie, since filming until the release?

More
27 Mar 2021 20:47 #70847 by tks
It depends really. Often it’s with a few weeks of shooting but sometimes we might hold a release if there was something quite similar the release before. Sometimes some movies might not get a general release at all for various reasons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RD

More
27 Mar 2021 22:08 #70848 by willow

We did get hold of a couple of new props and breakables as willow mentioned :) but yes unfortunately each one costs extra and more often than not for every one you see break on screen there are probably 1 or 2 that are either in unused shots or are broken in rehersals etc.

I am sure there is also the problem of experimentation and cost to time ratio factor. One effect that I have thought about would be to take a dummy head, maybe a mannequin or fake head made out of easily crushable material. Put some blood packs inside. Paint it to look like human skin and add a wig. If it is done well, you can then act as if a supergirl is crushing someone's head between her hands or crush the head against a brick wall and supergirl's hand. If the prop is setup right, fake blood pours out with some added sound effects of crunching sounds and someone screaming. If it is done well, it would like incredible. However, I would suspect that the effect would require several rounds of experimentation to get right, which would greatly up the costs of replacement parts. As much as I had digital blood effects, it would be easier and cheaper to insert those into the scene.

More
28 Mar 2021 15:21 #70849 by tks
Yeah that’s right in terms of experimentation. We don’t mind outlaying a little bit on testing days and resources and that’s how most of the FX we use come about but if the effect itself has a high cost on the day It does come down to the budgets.

example blood packs and prop heads are a direct
cost but also that’s going to make a bit of a mess on location and actors. Will have to be cleaned up and thats additional time on the clock for our available shoot day.

More
28 Mar 2021 19:29 #70852 by willow

example blood packs and prop heads are a direct cost but also that’s going to make a bit of a mess on location and actors. Will have to be cleaned up and that's additional time on the clock for our available shoot day.
I can imagine. I remember watching The Awakening film that Mandi Steele and her team did a few years ago. There is a great scene where she flips a van over that appears practical and looks very well done. Of course, the logistics were probably a nightmare to get that few seconds of film. Finding an old van that nobody will care if it is flipped on its side (junk yard purchase?). Emptying out any fluids in the vehicle to ensure you don't cover the street in oil or gasoline. Using heavy chains to hook the van up to a heavy duty truck so you can flip it. Even assuming you get it in the first take, then there is the headache of cleanup. Ironically, the easiest part was probably the super-imposing a separate shot of Mandi outside facing a green screen and acting as if she is pushing the van on its side.

Just thinking about it makes me think it was probably the most expensive effect in the entire film and why the scene is prominently featured in the trailer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, erikphandel, Monty

More
29 Mar 2021 21:28 #70858 by tks
That effect is truly excellent. One of my personal favourite indie superhero FX!

More
30 Mar 2021 00:00 #70861 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Taurus Films - Announcements
I engaged the 'turbo' button on my 486 DX to ensure a faster download.  A must buy.  That skirt...that body.  Now to actually watch it.  

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
30 Mar 2021 01:38 #70862 by AdamAntium
Replied by AdamAntium on topic Taurus Films - Film Discussion

One of my favorites too!

On the DVD (which I bought all the way back in 2010, I think) there is a 'making of' video called, "Guns, Girls & Clones." The filming of this scene from the opposite side is shown - the van was hooked up to another vehicle with industrial straps wrapped through the roof rack. The other vehicle is out of shot, but the director yells, "HIT IT!" and the van is pulled over. As the van hits the ground, you see Mandi Steele is behind it the whole time - no green screen! 
They also had to park a motor home next to Mandi and get two people to stand on top of it with a large partition so that she would be shaded from the sun. Well done to everybody involved!

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, dave147, Monty

More
30 Mar 2021 02:14 #70863 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Taurus Films - Film Discussion
While I wasn’t physically on set, I remember Kelly telling me about the scene over the phone and how well it went — in one take!

Big time props to Mike & Co for blocking and planning the scene and Kelly (and his truck) for doing the heavy lifting...er...pulling. Came out fantastic on film. And Tamra’s stance/attitude post-flip was just like I had envisioned it.

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bully_pup, Sarge395, Monty

More
30 Mar 2021 02:23 #70864 by paulsamiga
Replied by paulsamiga on topic Taurus Films - Film Discussion
Now I need to dig out that DVD and watch this movie again. Its been too long.

More
30 Mar 2021 04:09 #70865 by SCOTT R
Replied by SCOTT R on topic Taurus Films - Announcements
Tks is a machine...fantastic job!

More
31 Mar 2021 04:24 #70870 by Bert
Replied by Bert on topic Taurus Films - Film Discussion

Thanks so much for the feedback.

We are always looking at new things to do and new ways to tell the stories. We are very lucky in that out customs do keep us going and in that often people request things they may have seen because they know we can do it or have seen it and enjoy it. We prioritise these over our own Ideas and we’ve bee incredibly lucky to have had a solid stream over the last few months really.

We are hoping to work on a project this summer which we want to experiment a bit with. Our last one “The Ring” parts 1 and 2 was a lot of fun and we were able to try a couple of new things as part of that as well.

Hopefully later this year we’ll have some fresher looking things for you :)

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize you did a lot of customs, but that makes sense. I look forward to your releases in the coming months. I'll go back and check The Ring videos in the meantime!

More
07 Apr 2021 00:06 #70896 by SCOTT R
Replied by SCOTT R on topic Taurus Films - Announcements
OMG...Amy is Powergirl!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Dru1076, aguilauno, RD

More
07 Apr 2021 17:16 - 07 Apr 2021 17:17 #70898 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Taurus Films - Film Discussion
As far as I can remember, Amy has now hit the trifecta of superheroines  - WW, Supergirl and Powergirl :P 

Great vid, loved it :)

Peace.

/K
Last edit: 07 Apr 2021 17:17 by kikass2014.

More
07 Apr 2021 18:19 #70899 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Taurus Films - Film Discussion
And Mary Marvel if I'm not mistaken
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, primario12

More
Moderators: tks
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds