Amount

Superman's other daughters?

22 Apr 2009 14:41 #15538 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Re: Superman's other daughters?
Great suggestions so far... one thing that Raa mentioned, about Carol Danvers and Supes, got me thinking that I should include a flashback mechanism (somehow) that deals with Supes encounter with their mothers.

Carol Danvers example is a good one... at first Supes would hold all the cards, but by the end of a night of lovemaking, he'd be drained and she'd have all the power. A dramatic night to say the least. Although finding she's pregnant a month later would be a shock.

So far, my favorite suggestions for mothers are:

1) velorian.org/dau1.jpg (Kristine Wells)

2) velorian.org/dau2.jpg (Poison Ivy)

3) velorian.org/dau3.jpg (Dazzler)

4) velorian.org/dau4.jpg (Power Girl, of course)

5) velorian.org/dau5.jpg (WW)

6) velorian.org/dau6.jpg (Nubia)

7) velorian.org/dau7.jpg (Carol Danvers or She Hulk)

8) velorian.org/dau8.jpg (Catwoman)

Note that we have not include Supergirl (an obviously compatible mate, physically at least) and Maxima, who not only has been pursuing Kal, but would love to make babies with him.

So I add two more:

9) velorian.org/dau9.jpg (Kara's daughter having a bad day... clearly there wasn't enough indestructible Kryptonian fabric for her costume, but the girl beneath is pure Kryptonian.

10) velorian.org/dau10.jpg (Maxima's daughter, who has all her attitude.)

Any other thoughts before I start sketching out their backstories?

Shadar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
22 Apr 2009 15:45 #15539 by shadar
Of course, we could also go further afield in search of an interesting crossover... how about Supes and Lara Croft?

Their daughter, who is the spitting image of her mother, is shown here while stopping a hypersonic rail gun projectile, which could normally punch through both sides of a battleship and a hundred feet of reinforced concrete without even slowing down.

Obviously, stopping a rail gun is far more a Kryptonian skill than a Lara Croft skill -- apparently she got a really big dose of Krypt genes, and they went to the right places.

Any super-Lara Croft fans out there?

velorian.org/dau11.jpg

Shadar

• shadar
More
22 Apr 2009 17:09 #15540 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Superman's other daughters?

Any other thoughts before I start sketching out their backstories?

Shadar

Well, if you ask me there are some factors to keep in mind:

1) which version of Superman you'll use (golden age, silver, post-crisis), this will set his power level and vulnerabilities and so the possible vulnerabilities of his daughters

2) why are they all females? I know that this is a stupid question considering the forum. A possible explanation could be that in the kryptonian race the sex is determined by the mother's cromosomes rather than father's like in humans

3) what happened to the big blue boy scout?

4) I assume that all of this will happen in a sort of shared universe so using character from both sides of the comicdom is not a problem

More
22 Apr 2009 18:11 #15541 by Spulo
Replied by Spulo on topic Re: Superman's other daughters?
5) Why just one daughter per relationship? Wouldn't his supersperm increase the chances of twins, triplets or more?

More
22 Apr 2009 23:01 #15543 by shadar
Twins or triplets... very possible.

Reason for one child per mother was initially so I could get a feeling for what 'matchups' were fun. Each daughter and her mother will have their own story, different from each other. But I could easily add a few twins or trips in.

And Supes isn't being capricious about all this... he knows that his children are going to have to interbreed to keep the race going. There are no other Kryptonians. So he wants to introduce as much diversity as possible and have enough daughters to ensure survival of the race. So the more mothers the better.

I thought of this after reading an article the other day about his guy in Denmark whose sperm has been purchased (via sperm banks) by more women than any other. Single women, married women whose husbands aren't potent, lesbian couples, widows, etc. etc....the list of mothers goes on and on. Presumably this guy's bio is pretty interesting to put his sperm in such demand. If I recall, he had hundreds of children, but had no idea who they were.

Anyway, the children of Sperm Donor 3001, who only know their father only by that number, are getting together and finding they share many traits. Several of the children had set up a registry to find all the other Donor 3001 kids, and they were considering a grand 'family' reunion of just the kids.

So my thought was to start my story with all of Superman's daughters getting together to compare notes. Many of them have never met each other, given many of them didn't surface in the public until their late teens or twenties. Their mothers aren't invited, nor is Supes himself, just a bunch of very special young women in their 20's who share some, or all, of Superman's powers.

They spend a week on this remote resort trying to figure out who has what abilities, who can do what, how each was raised, their mother's stories, trying to team up or not, etc.

Of course, some of them aren't fighting on the side of Truth, Justice and the American Way, so that makes the get-together a bit dicey.

Things go totally crazy when Darkseid (the ultimate DC villain) decides this is his chance to wipe out Superman's offspring in one fell swoop. Somehow the attack is foiled, which serves to make him an instant target for ten very pissed-off supergirls. They know he's out gunning for them now, so getting him first is a priority.

But Darkseid has been playing around with Kryptonian genetics for a long time, creating beings who have super powers and who either protect him, or serve as his soldiers. So taking him down is not going to be easy.

As far as the question on all daughters and no sons... perhaps that's determined by the father, and Kal has tweaked himself to make sure only daughters are born.

However, that would make him even less of a Boy Scout than we already feare. I mean, who is going to father the next generation except him? With is daughters?

To prevent trashing his reputation even further, I would propose that there are two sons born of different mothers yet out there, and we'll meet them in the story.

Talk about lucky guys... not only for having Superman for a father, but now they meet all their half-sisters, and everyone knows well that the Kryptonian race has to multiply and they are the only guys who have the "moxie" to do it.

Given the purity of Kryptonian DNA, plus the diversity of different mothers, the effects of inbreeding between half sisters and half brothers would be reduced.

Still, its a pretty weird social structure. But one that could contain some fun stories.

Shadar

• shadar
More
23 Apr 2009 00:57 #15545 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Re: Superman's other daughters?

Of course, we could also go further afield in search of an interesting crossover... how about Supes and Lara Croft?

Their daughter, who is the spitting image of her mother, is shown here while stopping a hypersonic rail gun projectile, which could normally punch through both sides of a battleship and a hundred feet of reinforced concrete without even slowing down.

Obviously, stopping a rail gun is far more a Kryptonian skill than a Lara Croft skill -- apparently she got a really big dose of Krypt genes, and they went to the right places.

Any super-Lara Croft fans out there?

velorian.org/dau11.jpg

Shadar

Hell, yeah. Unwritten story idea #37... Lara Croft racing to gather artifacts from tombs around the world that will grant her enormous power to go with her other enormous, erm, assets. A pair of bracelets to give her super-strength, an amulet of invulnerability, etc.

- GeekSeven

More
23 Apr 2009 01:27 #15546 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Re: Superman's other daughters?
Now here is a twist. What if the mothers don't who the father is. Getting back to the whole reason why Lois can't have sex with him. So lets say his releasing the persure somewhere. Normally his good at stopping all of his super sperm (SS). This one time some slip away. Killing hundreds of woman around the world. Some of the SS ( ok maybe not SS, has bad under tones) super sperm fine women that handle it, but dies at birth. Even less % of those women ( Like Wonder Woman) survive giving birth.

So now you have a group of super babies with no known father. Would make a royal mess of religions.

More
23 Apr 2009 01:35 #15547 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Re: Superman's other daughters?
With the latest version of Superman they have had stories where he used up so much energy for different reason that he lost his powers for a time. During those times it took some time to get back up to full power.

What if the super sperm because of the size does not have much energy to start with. They may just have the juice for a one way flight into a lady's egg. This way the lady could survive.

More
23 Apr 2009 03:15 #15548 by shadar

Now here is a twist. What if the mothers don't who the father is. Getting back to the whole reason why Lois can't have sex with him. So lets say his releasing the persure somewhere. Normally his good at stopping all of his super sperm (SS). This one time some slip away. Killing hundreds of woman around the world. Some of the SS ( ok maybe not SS, has bad under tones) super sperm fine women that handle it, but dies at birth. Even less % of those women ( Like Wonder Woman) survive giving birth.

So now you have a group of super babies with no known father. Would make a royal mess of religions.

Possible way to work it, although it doesn't focus in on daughters of superheroines and supervillainesses. I think it would be interesting to see how much the daughters mimic their mothers, either in thoughts or body.

Shadar

• shadar
More
23 Apr 2009 07:55 #15550 by bessex
Replied by bessex on topic Re: Superman's other daughters?
How about a mexican or asian supergirl and she want to be a hooter girl.

More
23 Apr 2009 08:00 #15551 by Woodclaw

So my thought was to start my story with all of Superman's daughters getting together to compare notes. Many of them have never met each other, given many of them didn't surface in the public until their late teens or twenties. Their mothers aren't invited, nor is Supes himself, just a bunch of very special young women in their 20's who share some, or all, of Superman's powers.

They spend a week on this remote resort trying to figure out who has what abilities, who can do what, how each was raised, their mother's stories, trying to team up or not, etc.

That's a way to handle thing but I think that will be more interstign to give these girls some BG first making some very short stories (maybe using the old 1000 words format of workshop 2.0). Otherwise is possible to have only some of them together at the beginning of the story (possibly the most "superheroic") and the rest still around the world for their "sisters" to find.

More
23 Apr 2009 14:31 #15554 by shadar

How about a mexican or asian supergirl and she want to be a hooter girl.

Well, how about Aiko from Japan... although I'm not sure she's Hooters material. And you certainly don't need superpowers to get that job... just good boobs.

In any case, if we include Aiko, pictured below, who is very hot (she's in trouble with the El's for stealing the design of their costume) which Japanese superheroine would be her mother?

velorian.org/dau12.jpg

Shadar

• shadar
More
23 Apr 2009 15:15 #15555 by shadar

That's a way to handle thing but I think that will be more interstign to give these girls some BG first making some very short stories (maybe using the old 1000 words format of workshop 2.0). Otherwise is possible to have only some of them together at the beginning of the story (possibly the most "superheroic") and the rest still around the world for their "sisters" to find.

Great idea... we see them all in action first, and rumors start spreading about a new generation of superheroines (and superheroes) who seem to have Kryptonian powers. Obviously, everyone starts pummeling Superman with questions, which he avoids answering. But as more super-children emerge, all of them in their late teens to twenties (the time their powers manifest), it dawns on the public what he's done. Its so contrary to everyone's opinion of him.

Diana (WW) has been nursing her own shame, thinking she was the only one who Kal had strayed with, something she'd long ago shared with Lois. They'd gotten through that as friends, with Lois kind of understanding it despite the pain, but now the two women realize the magnitude of his cheating. The shine is off the "S", although Diana at first wants to protect Kal, to preserve his public image. But as more and more children with obviously Kryptonian powers surface, that proves impossible.

Lois angrily decides to do what she does best... root out the truth and expose it the world on the front page of the Daily Planet. To punish Kal by revealing to the world the magnitude of his cheating.

She goes on a quest, using her reporter's talents to track his daughter's down. Only to be shocked as she finds more and more of his kids out there. Suddenly her whole marriage seems like a lie, and she throws Clark out of the house and moves in with her Diana, enlisting her help to track down the Children of Krypton.

Of course, the offspring who are taking advantage of their powers, or even trying to make money off them, not necessarily in legal ways, don't want the publicity. I don't see Hooters as much as I see working as assassins, thieves, etc.

But Lois, as we know, is a force of nature when she gets her dander up, and Diana is more than capable of helping her. They enlist some of the daughters to help capture the rebellious ones and they finally all face each other on that remote tropical island.

After a few days of tension and discovery and release and anger and every other kind of emotion, Darkseid attacks, dropping an anti-matter bomb on the island that vaporizes it, along with Lois and WW. But those with Kryptonian blood survive, and Darkseid's attack gives them a reason to band together, at least temporarily, and try to take down the evil of Akropolis for good.

Of course, Darkseid has his own army of Kryptonian powered creatures, including the infamous Doomsday, to protect him.

In the middle of this we have Kal, who suddenly finds himself outnumbered by a dozen angry and very organized daughters who are bend on killing his old arch-rival.

Kal, of course, wants Darkseid stopped, but per his usual code, won't condone killing. What he finds is that his daughters, who he hasn't invested a moment of time in teaching his ideals to, are thinking and acting like revengeful humans do. None of them are drawing any lines around killing. Women aren't necessarily "kinder and gentler" than men, when it comes to kicking ass. In fact, far more dangerous when it comes to winning at any cost.

The resulting battle, both physical, emotional and moral, is legendary.

Anyway... that's what I'm thinking at the moment. All subject to change, of course, with other good ideas, which I'm very open to.

Shadar

• shadar
More
24 Apr 2009 12:21 #15561 by Lastleaf
Replied by Lastleaf on topic Re: Superman's other daughters?
I suggest reading the comic book Dynamo 5 from Image.

More
24 Apr 2009 16:19 #15562 by shadar

I suggest reading the comic book Dynamo 5 from Image.

Interesting... sounds like someone has already beaten me to the basic theme. But I still think it will be fun to portray from a Kryptonian perspective.

However, I'm not going to read Dynamo 5 first (other than the Wiki entry) as I want to develop this my own way.

Shadar

• shadar
More
24 Apr 2009 21:12 #15565 by eavatar
Replied by eavatar on topic Re: Superman's other daughters?
Dinamo 5 has more or less the same idea, but with a twist... each kid got one of daddy's power

Going ahead is the only one way to go to the future.

More
24 Apr 2009 21:33 #15566 by shadar

Dinamo 5 has more or less the same idea, but with a twist... each kid got one of daddy's power

I'm going to show each one having several or all or some bizarre twists. Krypt genes and meteor rocks allow me a lot of latitude.

Shadar

• shadar
More
25 Apr 2009 08:27 #15570 by Woodclaw

I'm going to show each one having several or all or some bizarre twists. Krypt genes and meteor rocks allow me a lot of latitude.

Not to mentions the genes inherited from their mothers, which can cause potentialy more genetic havok, right.

More
25 Apr 2009 13:33 #15571 by shadar

Not to mentions the genes inherited from their mothers, which can cause potentialy more genetic havok, right.

Exactly... I wanted interesting mothers so as to maximize that opportunity.

Besides, if Kal was on a crusade to spread his genetic legacy, he'd hardly chose ordinary women.

On the other hand, given some of the choices, he either showed really bad judgement, or he wasn't always in control of things.

Poison Ivy undoubtably coerced him with her toxins.

Maxima shows terrible judgement, but he was always hot for her, even if he didn't want to admit it. She must have gotten to him.

Catwoman already has a daughter (Helena Kyle, the Huntress) with Batman. That's pretty bad taste, given Bruce Wayne is supposed to be his buddy. But of course, there will be more than meets the eye.

Etc. etc.

Shadar

• shadar
More
26 Apr 2009 06:38 #15577 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic First of stories
As suggested, I'm writing a brief intro story for each daughter. Here's the first one -- for #8:

velorian.org/dau8.pdf

Hope you enjoy...

Shadar

• shadar
More
26 Apr 2009 14:32 #15580 by Captain Marbles
Replied by Captain Marbles on topic Re: Superman's other daughters?
Nice!

By the way, why limit yourself to women from the DC universe? DC has done crossovers with other comics companies, you know. So it's entirely possible that Superman may have gotten busy with some of those women too!

More
26 Apr 2009 15:37 #15582 by shadar

Nice!

By the way, why limit yourself to women from the DC universe? DC has done crossovers with other comics companies, you know. So it's entirely possible that Superman may have gotten busy with some of those women too!

By the way, I just updated that story to revision 2, and on the advice of a reader who wrote me off-the-list, I revved it up and tossed in a bucket of additional kink. Fun stuff that's at the heart of our genre. Apologies if you've already read it, but its much hotter now. Pushing X versus R ratings now.

Enough to maybe envy her boyfriend, who gets a brief mention at the end.

velorian.org/dau8.pdf

As far as other heroines from non-DC sources... that's clearly in the plan. I'm even working one that involves Fairchild, of Gen-13 fame.

Shadar

• shadar
More
26 Apr 2009 17:33 #15583 by Captain Marbles
Replied by Captain Marbles on topic Re: Superman's other daughters?
Okay, one little nitpick here.

If her body was glowing white hot from her heat vision, hot enough to melt steel, why didn't any of the buildings she was moving across catch fire? I would think with something that hot touching those buildings, not briefly but actually running and flipping and jumping from rooftop to rooftop, she'd have set off an inferno!

More
26 Apr 2009 17:48 #15584 by shadar

Okay, one little nitpick here.

If her body was glowing white hot from her heat vision, hot enough to melt steel, why didn't any of the buildings she was moving across catch fire? I would think with something that hot touching those buildings, not briefly but actually running and flipping and jumping from rooftop to rooftop, she'd have set off an inferno!

She's moving too fast and everything outside is wet from the drizzle and fog. Of course, if she paused to sit for a moment, she'd make a hell of a mess. Melted and burning rooftop tar. Ugh.

Maybe she takes a dip in a fountain on the way hope -- the steam would hide her from prying eyes.

One thing's for sure... she can't slip through her bedroom window when she's hot. But of course, if her sweet whispers of kinky infidelity wake her boyfriend, he can start another kind of fire. He's got a real twist in his kink.

He also knows that even an invulnerable girl needs a little tenderness from time to time.

At least, until he sees what she's left on the dresser.

Maybe her mood isn't all that tender after all.

Shadar

• shadar
More
26 Apr 2009 19:11 #15585 by ronaldk91335
Replied by ronaldk91335 on topic Update your website?
Shadar, how about upgrading your website to incorporate all the material that has been published here and maybe elsewhere?

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds