Amount

Is anyone watching Season 2 of Supergirl?

31 Oct 2016 14:54 #50967 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Is anyone watching Season 2 of Supergirl?
I'll echo your comments shadar. I really, really wanted to like this show and I still want it to do well because my 10 year old daughter loves it. However, speaking for myself, I just can't give it anymore chances.

My big problem is the stupid way they handled Superman in both Season 1 and here at the beginning of Season 2. You mean to tell me that SM will come to National City to help with...uummmm...you know what? I don't even remember what the hell he was doing in National City before Metallo showed up, but ignore a full blown Kryptonian invasion in Season 1? Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Now it seems SG is being overshadowed on her own show with people openly calling for a SM spin off. You know if that happens the show SG will go bye-bye. Just send him on a space mission or something! It is not that hard!

Oh well, the show will continue to be watched in my household but it will probably be background noise to me while I'm doing something else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2016 05:17 #50974 by YAGS
Yeah, and the big "goodbye" scene at the end of the second episode, as if Superman was going away for a long journey. They can fly and have superspeed. In that same episode, they actually did fly back and forth between Metropolis and National City, and it was probably a shorter trip than me driving half an hour to visit local family! Why are they acting like it's a big trip, and they hardly ever stop in to visit each other?

Just one more bit of thoroughly expected fridge logic. Par for the course on this series.

But again, I actually do think the show is better so far this season. Still not great, but I think I'd upgrade my opinion of it from "frustrating" to "watchable".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds