Amount

Where is everyone????

29 Aug 2017 18:11 #56021 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Where is everyone????
/nag on
I notice that the recent crop of stories are mostly still very light on comments.

We all did a lot of talking for a few weeks in this thread. It sounded very good. But it would be a lot nicer to actually reward the authors who have sweated and worked their way to a posting on SWM.

Remember, most authors are fueled by feedback. It doesn't have to be praise unless you feel that way, but it should reflect that you've read the story and thought about it. And maybe have a suggestion or two.

Even if you send a private reply to the author, a brief note on the forum would go a long ways to encouraging more comments.

/nag off

Shadar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2017 01:49 #56039 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Where is everyone????

shadar wrote: /nag on
I notice that the recent crop of stories are mostly still very light on comments.

We all did a lot of talking for a few weeks in this thread. It sounded very good. But it would be a lot nicer to actually reward the authors who have sweated and worked their way to a posting on SWM.

Remember, most authors are fueled by feedback. It doesn't have to be praise unless you feel that way, but it should reflect that you've read the story and thought about it. And maybe have a suggestion or two.

Even if you send a private reply to the author, a brief note on the forum would go a long ways to encouraging more comments.

/nag off

Shadar

I feel pretty bad because I like to comment. But I'm so far behind from work & freelancing that I've not gotten to READ most of the stuff from the last few months, let alone take the time to comment.

So I see the Library and I'm left with this sinking guilty feeling .... but one of these days I'll start reading things there again ... and I WILL make some comment.

I'm not commenting on Deviant Art either, nor have a posted the (few) things i've managed to commission lately. (I really need to fix that.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds