Amount

Hancock

13 Sep 2007 12:36 #10277 by patches
Hancock was created by patches
Hi all.
Dont know if any of you have heard about this new movie "hancock" starring Will Smith as some sort of alcoholic superhero, lol. Anyway, Charlize Theron seems to have her share of superpowers aslo :D
Check the link out....
rocklandusa.com/blog/2007/09/12/charlize...n-hancock-movie-set/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• patches
  • patches's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 Sep 2007 12:51 #10278 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Hancock
Nice find, patches! Might be worth watching now, especially with Charlize!!
:)

ElF

Hi all.
Dont know if any of you have heard about this new movie "hancock" starring Will Smith as some sort of alcoholic superhero, lol. Anyway, Charlize Theron seems to have her share of superpowers aslo :D
Check the link out....

More
13 Sep 2007 14:09 #10282 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Re: Hancock
Here are some shots taken on the set where Charlize is acting out some scene with a truck... sure looks like she's picked up a few superpowers of her own:

velorian.org/auow/hancock05.jpg
velorian.org/auow/hancock06.jpg
velorian.org/auow/hancock04.jpg
velorian.org/auow/hancock01.jpg
velorian.org/auow/hancock02.jpg
velorian.org/auow/hancock03.jpg

She and Will Smith sure make a pair.

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
13 Sep 2007 14:23 #10283 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Re: Hancock
I also had a few pictures laying around that fit this topic... Charlize apparently crushing a piece of steel until it glows, and helping out with moving some rustic cabin.

Or whatever your imagination can come up with...

She's definitely cute.

velorian.org/auow/charlize_steel.jpg
velorian.org/auow/charlize_deck.jpg

Shadar

• shadar
More
14 Sep 2007 04:35 #10288 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Hancock
I'm running out and buying a lottery ticket. The stars are aligning just right for me.

• Sarge395
More
17 Sep 2007 16:50 #10318 by lfan
But the question is... "What does she do WITH the truck?"
This might give a hint of some kind:

www.aceshowbiz.com/events/ESA-001433.html

I'm running out and buying a lottery ticket. The stars are aligning just right for me.

More
17 Sep 2007 21:06 #10320 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic @@!
Wooooooooooooooooooooooow!
That's what happens when you test a female's anger...you get a TRUCK throw at 'cha! :)

I cant wait for this one!

Fonzie

More
17 Sep 2007 21:29 #10321 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Hancock
I wonder if we're celebrating prematurely.

Those appear to be photos of Charlize Theron goofing around on the set -- not stills from the movie itself.

I Googled the movie and can't find any reference to Charlize Theron's character having (or gaining) super-powers.

So I'm skeptical -- but I hope my skepticism turns out to be unwarranted.

(As Nero Wolfe pointed out, the advantage of being a pessimist is that all your surprises are pleasant ones.)

More
17 Sep 2007 23:14 #10322 by lfan
In this genre, anticipation is usually met with disappointment! In the case of her throwing the truck, that is speculation admitingly. But in terms of it being actual footage versus "horsing around", I present exhibit D:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This pic eems to indicate the scene is def part of the movie. Notice the mic boom and the photogs. As well as the "dramatic" look Charlize has.
Not trying to set it up for disappointment, but I'd really think that this would be in the movie.

In terms of no mention of her as a superheroine, the pic could be a major spoiler or maybe a dream sequence....who knows? But I strongly think its a production shot and just not a Behind the Scenes gaffe.

ElF

Those appear to be photos of Charlize Theron goofing around on the set -- not stills from the movie itself.

I Googled the movie and can't find any reference to Charlize Theron's character having (or gaining) super-powers.

(As Nero Wolfe pointed out, the advantage of being a pessimist is that all your surprises are pleasant ones.)

More
18 Sep 2007 00:41 #10323 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Hancock
lfan, nice find! Looks like our dream is materializing quite nicely. Looks like the same truck you posted a link to earlier.

The one that is upside down and smashed into the concrete!

• Sarge395
More
22 Sep 2007 02:13 #10343 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Re: Hancock
Woa, that scene of her holding the truck may not even be in the movie, she may not even have pwers in the movie, BUT THE PIC WAS GREAT!!!!

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"

More
22 Sep 2007 14:52 #10347 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Hancock Speculation....
SPOILERS (possible) ahead!! If you don't wanna know (possibly) what happens in the movie stop reading now....

In reagards to the speculation of "if" Charlize is super or not, here is an excerpt from a blog of an extra that was cast on the set. Sounds for real:

"Yes, they sectioned off one block of Hollywood Boulevard to shoot this scene, which lasts maybe a few minutes. Personally, I think what we did was much more interesting than what the actors were doing. It gets boring watching Will Smith get up out of the same fake crater every time they need to take a new shot. They used some kind of foam rubber to simulate chunks of asphalt lying on the ground, and it looked so realistic that a lot of us thought at first that they had actually jackhammered part of the road.

The first day started at 3 AM and was a lot of standing around and looking interested as Smith and Theron squared off and had an argument which ended as she pretended to pick up a cement truck and throw it at him. That part is going to be computer-generated in. The company hired real street performers to mingle with the crowd, including Charlie Chaplin, Superman, Supergirl, Storm from the X Men, Wonderwoman, Dumbledore from Harry Potter, a Balrog, and a Transformer. We all milled around and then turned around and gasped when we were given the cue, as cars driven by stunt people crashed into each other....."

Nothing is definite, but sounds as if its part of the plot.....question is how good will it look? :P

ElF

More
23 Sep 2007 23:07 #10355 by mikeshoe
Replied by mikeshoe on topic Re: Hancock
I agree that it'll be nice to have another film featuring a super-powered hottie like Charlize. And I know that when it comes to Hollywood, you have to take what you can get. But (indulge me a moment) won't it be great when they finally have the spine to cast actresses who look the part a bit more? I'm not talking about a Ms. Olympia competitor here, just somebody who's fit and sexy with maybe some muscle tone. Back in the day, Linda Hamilton got plenty of great press for her T2 look, but since then, pickings have been awfully slim. With Hollywood straying toward the "actorexic" look more than ever, it makes me appreciate self-described gym rats like Jessica Biel more and more. Hey, maybe we can petition to get her her own superheroine film? At least we know she'll work out for the part! :?

(And sure, I'd love to see more fitness models get cast in these cases, but until one of us makes it big in La-La Land, I doubt that's happening anytime soon...)

Mike

More
25 Sep 2007 11:56 #10367 by lfan
Ask and she shall receive!

www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=44297

Mike, good to see ya round! How's the projects coming?

ElF

With Hollywood straying toward the "actorexic" look more than ever, it makes me appreciate self-described gym rats like Jessica Biel more and more. Hey, maybe we can petition to get her her own superheroine film? At least we know she'll work out for the part! :?

(And sure, I'd love to see more fitness models get cast in these cases, but until one of us makes it big in La-La Land, I doubt that's happening anytime soon...)

Mike

More
26 Sep 2007 13:25 #10375 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Re: Hancock
Well, this is something that appeals in different ways to each person.

I rather see a woman that looks "normal", or weak, do something super, than a muscular fit chick.

That´s Why I love Joss Wheadon work, having girls like buffy and summer glau kicking the living ass of soldiers, monsters, gods, etc.

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"

More
27 Sep 2007 17:23 #10385 by colt13
Replied by colt13 on topic Charlize
Under normal circumstances, i find Charlize attractive but skinny. But due to Aeon Flux and this, she seems to have the right attitude for fantasy(as does Uma with The Avengers, Super ex, Batman, etc). Looking forward to this.

More
01 Oct 2007 00:27 #10437 by cnnjack
Replied by cnnjack on topic Re: Hancock
I found this on youtube:

Someone filmed the shooting of a scene at the set of Hancock; you can't see much, but it shows further indication of the fight scene between Will S. and Charlize.

Looks like she's doing some kind of superjump ... or a take-off ... or is it just a look-at-me-for-I-have-superpowers pose?

More
04 Oct 2007 00:19 #10460 by mikeshoe
Replied by mikeshoe on topic Re: Hancock
Yo ElF--

Not a lot going on with the projects; they're stuck in neutral as usual. I'll make an effort to change that, as Rebelette's been especially on my mind lately. Just have to take the scattered ideas I've had for her and organize them into something like a cohesive story. Kind of the "jigsaw puzzle" approach, I guess you'd say. ;-) By the way, I've changed out the opening graphic on her website ( www.rebelette.com ), so I'd love to know what everybody thinks.

I've also changed the format of the Bad Grrls Blog to a template that I think absolutely rules, so if you get a chance to take a look, let me know what you think. Apparently it's a little messed up for folks running IE 6.0, but for everybody else it's fine. That's at badgrrls.com/badblog/ for interested parties.

And I guess everybody's seen that Biel's no longer in the running for WW as she passed on the role. Darn it! I guess it's time to become a big-time movie exec so I can create a star vehicle for her. Hey, she wouldn't be bad as Rebs... ;-)

Mike

Ask and she shall receive!

www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=44297

Mike, good to see ya round! How's the projects coming?

ElF

More
17 Dec 2007 05:49 #11117 by lfan
Supposedly, the premiere trailer for Hancock is gonna be shown as 'previews' for National Treasure 2. Dunno if that's set in stone, but that's what I've heard. Whether or not 'Super Charlize' scenes will be included remains to be scene, but I would imagine they be few, if at all, as it seems like that scene is a pretty big (and poorly kept) spoiler....

ElF

Hi all.
Check the link out....

More
17 Dec 2007 17:55 #11122 by oliu99

More
17 Dec 2007 17:59 #11123 by oliu99
Replied by oliu99 on topic Re: Hancock
Just watched it. There are no strength feats by Charlize Theron in the trailer...

:cry:

More
17 Dec 2007 20:06 #11124 by lfan
Yeah, thx for the post Oliu! It does have a quick glimpse of her in "the scene" though (quick edit of her taking off her sunglasses). I find it kinda ironic that some people are dubbing this -- based on the plotline description and the spoiler of Super Charlize --- 'Super Ex-Girlfriend 2', though the ony common thread seemed to be 'it has a superhero(ine) in it!!

Then lo and behold, I saw the trailer and they hijacked the "throwing the shark" scene from MSxG! Only this time it was a whale! :P

Still some of the CGI effects looked pretty cool.....we'll see....

ElF

Just watched it. There are no strength feats by Charlize Theron in the trailer...

:cry:

More
17 Dec 2007 21:36 #11126 by kobarsos
Replied by kobarsos on topic Re: Hancock
here is the trailer at youtube

More
17 Dec 2007 23:33 #11129 by oliu99
Replied by oliu99 on topic Re: Hancock
I have a feeling that she would turn out to be a supervillainess rather than a super-heroine. Anyone else thinks so?

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds