Amount

Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)

07 Jun 2013 16:00 - 07 Jun 2013 16:00 #31823 by lfan
Can't say I like the costume that much, but I like the scene:

Njoy!
ElF
Last edit: 07 Jun 2013 16:00 by lfan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, Sarge395, steelknight3000, somat, Dru1076, jyache, ong76win2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Jun 2013 03:20 #31840 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)
Thanks for sharing this.....

More
08 Jun 2013 14:28 #31851 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)
Looks fantastic! And Bad Ass

But why would that soldier pull out a knife when fricking BULLETS had no effect? :lol:

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"

More
08 Jun 2013 14:42 #31852 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)

arvin sloane wrote: Looks fantastic! And Bad Ass

But why would that soldier pull out a knife when fricking BULLETS had no effect? :lol:

Because until very recent times (early 2000 at least) many bulletproof polymers didn't offer much in terms defense against bladed weapons.

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Jun 2013 14:43 #31853 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)

arvin sloane wrote: Looks fantastic! And Bad Ass

At that point it looked like it was her armor that protected her, so he must've asumed that he had better chances hitting her face with a knife. He probably didn't know that her skin is just as invulnerable...

More
08 Jun 2013 16:35 #31855 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)
The soldier pulls a knife and continues to fight because he is a HERO and never quits.

More
09 Jun 2013 08:14 #31869 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)
Detective Elliot Stabler does not surrender.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
09 Jun 2013 14:13 #31872 by kikass
Replied by kikass on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)
Personally I don't care why he pulled a knife out to fight her. I want to know why SHE pulled a knife out to fight him. Oo

/K

More
09 Jun 2013 18:46 #31877 by sgfan05
Replied by sgfan05 on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)
Nice clip. While it might have been foolish for him to pull the knife, it was pretty bad ass that he was still willing to fight even after seeing bullets fail.

Looking forward to this one!

More
17 Jun 2013 16:12 #31981 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)
Though it would post this link:

www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/06/14...vie_of_the_year.html

It does make a good point, which i can't quite refute. I can't think of any movies with good female supervillans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
18 Jun 2013 00:34 - 18 Jun 2013 00:34 #31986 by kikass
Interesting article.

And Faora is bad ass in the movie :evil:

Peace.

/K
Last edit: 18 Jun 2013 00:34 by kikass.

More
18 Jun 2013 01:20 - 18 Jun 2013 01:21 #31987 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)

A short preview of the fight scene. The armor is cool but mostly unsexy.

Any spoiler free previews of what else she does in the movie?
Last edit: 18 Jun 2013 01:21 by steelknight3000.

More
18 Jun 2013 13:31 #31991 by kikass
"Any spoiler free previews of what else she does in the movie?"

She has a couple more (pretty good) fight scenes. Can't say more without spoilers I guess.

Peace.

/K

More
18 Jun 2013 22:37 #32002 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)

steelknight3000 wrote:

A short preview of the fight scene. The armor is cool but mostly unsexy.

Any spoiler free previews of what else she does in the movie?

My god, that was AWESOME!!! One of the best ubergirl scenes i have seen in years, and dammit, it´s superman she´s beating down

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"

More
18 Jun 2013 22:41 #32003 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)
Go see the movie... there's tons of similar stuff.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
19 Jun 2013 03:35 #32005 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)

shadar wrote: Go see the movie... there's tons of similar stuff.

Indeed....LOTS of bits of Faora 'strutting her stuff'. Uber bad ass!

ElF

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Jun 2013 10:32 #32008 by Brantwood
Replied by Brantwood on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)
Did she has an Heat Vision scene ???

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

More
20 Jun 2013 04:07 #32012 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)
I know why superhero movies rarely feature female villians. It's just not cool for a hero like superman or spiderman to beat up chicks. And it never will be, no matter how evil a supervillianess they come up with. In Superman II, if you remember, it Lois who killed Ursa in the end of that film.

Hopefully Faora's character is a sign of more powerful female villians to come in mainstream cinema, but unless they finally get around to making Wonder Woman, or another Supergirl film, I doubt we'll ever see an evil superbabe take centre stage without a General Zod standing in front of her...

On the subject of her outfit, personally, I think Faora's armour is perfect. Don't forget they are warriors, and they don't usually have superpowers to rely on.

Thanks guys, for posting these excellent teasers...I can't wait to see the whole film. Looks like it's going to awesome.

More
20 Jun 2013 07:53 #32014 by shadar
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Faora is still developing her powers and senses on Earth, so she didn't display either heat vision or flight power that I recall. But she could kick Kal El's butt in hand-to-hand combat, not to mention overwhelm conventional military forces. She was briefly incapacitated when she removed her helmet/visor and was exposed to Earth's environment, especially the noises that overwhelmed her. By the end of the movie, she was still adjusting and looked like she was pretty close to mastering our environment.

Zod, who spent more time outside the ship, was able to remove his armor and fight Kal El at the end, with his heat vision and flight powers fully operational.

I'm sure Faora will have all the powers by the time the sequel comes out, assuming she and Zod return to Earth. As it was, she was the best warrior until she was overwhelmed by sounds. She didn't know how to block them out. She also took a Hellfire-type missile to the chest while her visor was open, along with gobs of bullets, none of which seemed to hurt her. She sort of walked into the guys who were spraying her down with automatic fire before punching them so hard they flew a block away. But her main job was to capture both Kal El and Lois and take them to Zod's ship. Which she did in brutal fashion.

Bottom line, she can kick ass, but seemed to still need her suit, at least to avoid Earth's environment. But given Zod no longer needed his suit at the end, she's gotta be ready to tear hers off as well. But we didn't quite see that in this movie.

Still very impressive though... I was just disappointed that the Krypts had a problem with Earth's atmosphere (and Kal El with the Kryptonian atmosphere). That's a new concept that I'm still digesting. On the flip side, they seem to adjust very quickly, if Zod was any example.

I'm hoping for a Faora versus Supergirl fight in the sequel, but who knows... recall that Kara Zor El in this newly rebooted universe is a warrior trained and far older than Kal. So unlike Kal, she's probably as good a fighter as Faora.

Assuming, of course, that Kara's in the sequel. All we know from the Prequel is that she crashed on Earth a long time ago. Why put another El on Earth if not to have her surface at some point?

We have to be satisfied with Faora as a bad-ass ubergirl doing Kryptonian stuff in this movie. Its a great start.

Shadar

• shadar
More
20 Jun 2013 16:48 - 20 Jun 2013 16:59 #32017 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)
Shadar, fyi, we have a SPOILER button. I used it to tell people about the scenes in Iron Man 3 from last time.

And I can give a theory as to why Zod and the other Kryptonians had a hard time with Earth's atmosphere and Kal had a hard time with Kryptonian atmosphere: (Mind you, I haven't seen the movie yet)

Well, simply because Kal was on Earth every since childbirth so he had all the time in the world to adjust to things, not to mention his powers developed a bit slower than Zod and Faora and the others. So he had a lot of time to practice and develop his powers and get used to all the noise his hearing can pick up. I wouldn't be surprised that the Kents gave him noise-cancelling fighter pilot headphones or something similar and then reduce it down as he was able to filter out the noise until he can selectively hear what he wants to hear.

By the way, that is an impressive feat if I may add.

And considering he hasn't been on Krypton since he was a baby, he probably would never get used to that environment until he had the time and training to do so. Pending of course that his Fortress can emulate that environment or he finds a planet with a similar environment as Krypton.

Which is why Zod and the others are literally at home with a Kryptonian environment, because they grew up on it. And it's also the same reason why they are terrible with Earth's environment in addition to the yellow sun fueling their abilities. They simply did not have the time or training to adapt like Kal did.

To be honest, I think it's rather clever that the writers did that. It shows they thought much deeper about the physiology of a Kryptonian between a group that is fresh out of Krypton and a Kryptonian that has been living on Earth for the past 20 years or so. It also shows that they actually care about Superman both as a mythos and as a franchise by factoring in all of these things during the fights.

Warning: Spoiler!

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?
Last edit: 20 Jun 2013 16:59 by Camille Jones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
20 Jun 2013 19:06 #32019 by shadar
Thanks for the heads up on the Spoiler button... not everything in my comments below is a spoiler, but I used the button to be safe.

Shadar

• shadar
More
20 Jun 2013 23:47 #32023 by castor
Well you should never go into a superhero movie expecting continuity. By its nature it changes. Roger Ebbert used the same logic when talking about movies based on real life events. The medium changes it. Superman is a very tricky character becuse theres a very specific tone in the comics when done well. I don't think its ever been done well in movies, but i agree with Ebbert that Superman(1978) is probabbly top 100 american movies ever made. Reeve found a kind reluctant charm to it. You kind of have to add something for it to work.

As for man of steel it did try that. but If anything thought they could have pushed it further the minute Cadvil put on the suit he stopped being very intresting. Which was overall my kind of thought of the movie.

That said I agree with the article i posted Faora was the best part of the movie not for any kind of 'superwomenmania' purposes but she was the only actor who seemed to have any fun of the kryptonians. and thus kind of a fun performance, in a movie that could use it.

A little more spoiler stuff

As i have said before i expect that Warners will do A Wonder woman movie, maybe a Supergirl Movie if the wonder woman movie sucseeds. I hope your right shadar that they play around with that stuff more. I do think the new 52 stuff making Wonder Womans character 'hey shes greek mythology' i think whould make for a bad movie if thats the only note you give her(but then i think it makes for a kind of bad comic).

More
21 Jun 2013 00:56 #32024 by shadar
I agree re: his putting on the costume. Up to that point, it was a great SciFi flick with some serious kick-ass baddies. The costume and cape looked goofy when it appeared in that context. That's one area that Smallville got right... the costume comes with way too much baggage. Never thought I'd say that, but in this movie, that's how it felt. Which says everything about how this is more of a SciFi flick than a superhero flick.

But, there is no way they could do a Superman movie without the costume, so I'm way out on a limb in saying it would have been better without it.

That said, could they do a WW movie without her trademark costume? We've been around on that one. I say, "absolutely", give me a skintight leather outfit that gets mostly shot or burned away in battle and I'd be happy. But I'm definitely also in a minority on this one. And the connection to mythology is a non-starter for me. That bugs me about Thor in the Marvel universe as well.

I guess all my writing about Velorians over the years, without introducing canonical costumes, trying to do more SciFi than comic book stuff says it all. Superhumans can wear anything (and after a battle, perhaps just a few scraps of clothing are left), but an indestructible cape and leotard? Maybe a character could borrow a costume from Earth's mythology to try and avoid cultural dissonance, but only for that reason. Otherwise it seems silly in a SciFi movie.

Let the flames begin... <grin>

Shadar

castor wrote: If anything thought they could have pushed it further the minute Cadvil put on the suit he stopped being very intresting. Which was overall my kind of thought of the movie.

That said I agree with the article i posted Faora was the best part of the movie not for any kind of 'superwomenmania' purposes but she was the only actor who seemed to have any fun of the kryptonians. and thus kind of a fun performance, in a movie that could use it.

As i have said before i expect that Warners will do A Wonder woman movie, maybe a Supergirl Movie if the wonder woman movie sucseeds. I hope your right shadar that they play around with that stuff more. I do think the new 52 stuff making Wonder Womans character 'hey shes greek mythology' i think whould make for a bad movie if thats the only note you give her(but then i think it makes for a kind of bad comic).

• shadar
More
21 Jun 2013 01:36 #32025 by castor
Actually i don't think anything wrong was with the costume or the armor. both look fine. I whould go so far as to say the costume looked pretty good for what it was.

I just thought HE was bad in it. Once he became 'superman' he seemed a little bit to stiff for the part.

Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain and i think i am in the minority that Brandon Routh i think where pretty good at playing superman. Cavil just seemed like he was playing smarky jesus.

I know the logic says-oh we can't accept superhero costumes they look to silly. i think thats totally wrong.

And if they do a wonderwoman movie i think if they don't do a bathing suit no matter logic its not going to work as well. If you don't do the costumes you don't really have the character. If you give her a leather cat suit-you have Black Widow or someone else. Generic female action chick. Its no less or more silly. Spys and super solders don't really wear that kind of stuff.

You need a costume. But more important you need an actress who can kind of do something intresting with the part.

So don't put a wig on henry Cavil.

More
05 Apr 2014 14:13 #36067 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Faora Kicking Ass (Man of Steel Clip)
Man of Steel first airs tonight on HBO at 8:00 P.M central time.

More
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds