Amount

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman?

16 Dec 2013 15:22 #34716 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic And Wonder Woman will be played by...
I appreciate the sarcasm Castor. That reply is awesome.

Sad that it is kind of telling that the WW animated movie is #5 on DCs sales charts but yet is still somehow construed as a "failure". That line of thinking is what is holding a live-action solo WW movie movie from getting made. But hey, at least the powers at WB have deigned to include her in a Superman sequel. Hopefully she is well received and will launch her own franchise. We can only hope...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2014 21:12 - 01 Jan 2014 21:18 #34940 by j2001
Last edit: 01 Jan 2014 21:18 by j2001.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pansardum

More
07 Jan 2014 08:57 #34991 by Newshound
Replied by Newshound on topic And Wonder Woman will be played by...
I agree with others. She is a bit too skinny for my tastes.

I would be happy to see the physique of some of the more muscular NFL cheerleaders. That would be just about right.

Attachment Copyofop5i-7636-mid.jpg not found

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
13 Jan 2014 15:34 #35077 by fats
Replied by fats on topic And Wonder Woman will be played by...
news is that she has started training

uk.movies.yahoo.com/gal-gadot-begins-her...ining-104500405.html

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Jan 2014 02:06 #35143 by JessP
Replied by JessP on topic And Wonder Woman will be played by...
Looks like we'll be waiting until 2016 to find out ;)
Jess
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
18 Jan 2014 02:26 #35144 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic And Wonder Woman will be played by...
Might take that long for a writer to explain why Wonder Woman is so skinny.
Or it might take the extra time for Gal to put on some curves. ;)

More
18 Jan 2014 06:59 #35147 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic And Wonder Woman will be played by...
They say the filming will begin very soon, with the Batmobile scenes filming this summer. Don't see any reason why this won't come out somewhere between Xmas 2014 to summer 2015. I'm betting her scenes will also shoot this summer. Can't see her gaining more than 10 pounds of lean before then, if that. Fat would be easy. Muscle takes time. But given the full leather WW outfit (which could be padded a bit), she'll look the part.

JessP wrote: Looks like we'll be waiting until 2016 to find out ;)
Jess

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
18 Jan 2014 15:42 #35150 by JessP
Replied by JessP on topic And Wonder Woman will be played by...
Nope!
May 6, 2016. WB announced the delay yesterday.
I guess it's a good sign that they're giving the script some more time.
Movies like this usually require a minimum of a year in post, so that makes sense.
The weird thing is that it's opening against the first Marvel "Phase 3" film now.
My guess is a fourth Iron Man...

More
18 Jan 2014 20:56 #35156 by shadar
Tks for the update... last info I had showed them starting soon. Kind of a bummer, especially since there is no way to know if the delay is going to result in a better movie or not. Here's hoping it will.

Shadar

JessP wrote: Nope!
May 6, 2016. WB announced the delay yesterday.
I guess it's a good sign that they're giving the script some more time.
Movies like this usually require a minimum of a year in post, so that makes sense.
The weird thing is that it's opening against the first Marvel "Phase 3" film now.
My guess is a fourth Iron Man...

• shadar
More
18 Jan 2014 21:28 #35158 by castor
Replied by castor on topic And Wonder Woman will be played by...

shadar wrote: They say the filming will begin very soon, with the Batmobile scenes filming this summer. Don't see any reason why this won't come out somewhere between Xmas 2014 to summer 2015. I'm betting her scenes will also shoot this summer. Can't see her gaining more than 10 pounds of lean before then, if that. Fat would be easy. Muscle takes time. But given the full leather WW outfit (which could be padded a bit), she'll look the part.
/quote]

A lot of big action movies these days do what sometimes called a "preshoot" in which before the main start of production they film a couple of scenes in order to give the effects teams something to work on while the real shoot begins. (A lot of the sandman stuff for example in spiderman 3).

Car Chase scenes are occasionally done this way as well. Most car chases are filmed at completely different time from the main shoot, in different cities as its almost impossible to film a car chase in a big city like New York.-to much traffic. Also quite frankly they don't require in terms much of the actual cast. So to do that first in summer suggest maybe an early fall shoot.

What this says about her fitness i don't know.

More
19 Jan 2014 19:41 #35169 by shadar

castor wrote: What this says about her fitness i don't know.

I often wonder how much an actor will change their body for a role, but we've seen amazing stuff. Shaved heads. Serious bulking up by Kristanna Loken for T3. Some of Charlize Theron's roles (think Monster where she gained weight until she was flabby). There are probably better examples around, but you get the drift. In the case of Ms. Gadot, she's always been cut from the fashion model/beauty queen competition mold, and she appears to be very small boned. She'd probably look great with an additional 20 pounds of properly placed muscle and some costume enhancements to her bust, but given she reportedly weighs 120 pounds at 5'8" height, that's a huge percentage of her bodyweight. But that's about what it will take to allow me to suspend disbelief. But then, I'm a bit kinked in the direction of tall, phenomenally fit superheroines.

But she might not want to look like that afterward, although I don't see why not. But I do recall Anna Kournikova being quoted as saying "she hated her muscles" after she quit playing professional tennis and tried to make a living as a model. She wound up starving herself for a while, but then she looked skinny and muscular. and lost most of her curves. You can't diet muscles away. My suspicion is that she was a victim of the bird-like expectation of the fashion modeling industry and that got to her for a bit. Thankfully, there were other publications that liked the way she looked. she ended up eating and exercising and going the men's magazines/swimsuit model route because of her fitness level, and I loved that. But apparently, at least for a while, she didn't.

Anyway, I try not to make too much a deal about how an actress looks if they are doing a great job playing to a great script, but given the last two items are questionable, we might be left with the first.

Witness LV's performance in Bitten. The writing doesn't impress me, and the production quality sucks, but Laura is so amazing hot (dressed or not) that I'm a fan of the series after one episode. She portrays my ideal of a Kryptonian better than any other actress alive. Such a shame that we'll likely never see her playing Supergirl beyond Smallville. She's in way better shape now than she was back then. But I rather doubt anyone wants to do a Supergirl movie (period), let alone one portraying Kara as a 30ish superheroine. Most people think of SG as a teenager. But I loved the few comics that were done where she was older, especially the Superman Family story where she was the Governor of Florida and also secretly Supergirl (and Lois and Clark had a daughter who was in the midst of discovering her Kryptonian powers). Outstanding stuff, but only for a single issue, unfortunately.

If anyone wants to see that phenomenal issue, I've got it scanned and could post the panels. Let me know.

Anyway, that kind of story line could totally reinvigorate my interest in politics!

Here's a teaser or two:

This image is hidden for guests.

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

• shadar
More
19 Jan 2014 19:42 #35170 by shadar
Missed a couple links:

The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, jyache, SCOTT R

• shadar
More
22 Jan 2014 15:14 #35233 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic And Wonder Woman will be played by...
A new article about what might be a good look for movie WW. I have to say that the two attached pictures are pretty close to what I would consider spot-on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pansardum

More
23 Jan 2014 11:17 #35246 by kikass
Replied by kikass on topic And Wonder Woman will be played by...
Interesting - www.mtv.com/news/articles/1720893/gal-go...woman-3-movies.jhtml

They seem to have high hopes of her pulling off the role. Hopefully she does. Personally, the more I see of her, the more I think she will do ok. Just hope the writing does its job :)

/Peace/

/K

More
28 Mar 2014 09:52 - 28 Mar 2014 09:54 #35954 by Woodclaw
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I think that this image is worth of our consideration (click on it to be taken to the source).

Last edit: 28 Mar 2014 09:54 by Woodclaw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, shadar, dauntingmold, Random321

More
29 Mar 2014 00:05 #35965 by shadar
Nice... very nice. There is hope for her in MOS2. I know I'll get some hate, but I like this costume. All that's missing in the accessory leather jacket.

He ducks...

Shadar

• shadar
More
29 Mar 2014 07:40 #35967 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic And Wonder Woman will be played by...
If she could look anything like this for the film, I'd go see it in a heart beat.

More
29 Mar 2014 09:32 - 29 Mar 2014 10:22 #35968 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic And Wonder Woman will be played by...
Ok, this looks great, but Gal Gadot will have to take some serious weight to look like that !
Last edit: 29 Mar 2014 10:22 by Artnico. Reason: false

More
29 Mar 2014 10:58 #35969 by Woodclaw

shadar wrote: Nice... very nice. There is hope for her in MOS2. I know I'll get some hate, but I like this costume. All that's missing in the accessory leather jacket.

He ducks...

Shadar

To be honest I think that the "Odissey" costume (the onw WW used between #600 and the last reboot) was a great reimagining of the classic look with just enough twists to make it interesting for me, but the jacket was just one bit too much for me. I'm not 100% against it (I like the idea of wearing normal clothes as part of the costume) but using leather simply didn't mosh together with the rest of the outfit.

More
23 Apr 2014 10:09 - 23 Apr 2014 10:10 #36255 by Woodclaw
Jeffach has produced a new picture on this subject.

One might argue that there are some better option for the casting, but I think that this picture would sell a possible WW movie.
Personally I like the redesign of the bracelets.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2014 10:10 by Woodclaw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
21 May 2014 19:46 #36530 by Woodclaw
Well, the movie has an official title now .

The following user(s) said Thank You: jyache

More
16 Sep 2014 20:16 #38132 by castor
Replied by castor on topic And Wonder Woman will be played by...
This thread(and threads like it) have inspired a story which i submited today, after lots of drafts edits and other work called "Paradise".

The basic idea came from "What would i want to see in A Wonder Woman Movie....as defined by DC current line up of Nolan inspired superhero movies?"

To me it was an intresting question: Its obvioulsy a mix of Science Fiction noirish story telling and deep-well mostly seriousness. It came to the idea of the origin. To make an intresting version of Paradise Island. The original idea of it was that whould be the first act of a wonder woman movie-but well it kind of snowballed.

Now agian: People have said a lot that Wonder Woman is a problematic character to put on the screen- a dozen reasons--one in particular is her origin. Not the magic or gods but well..

Steve Trevor.

He is in someways a very problematic character-he is the character that Wonder Woman loves but can't be with-he is the character that defines how humanity views her and she views it-and in most versions-hes kind of an asshole. And a man.

Modern comics have tended t turn him into a friend-or well i belive hes dead in the 52. It should be noted that for all the disucssions of MOS2- and all the casting rummors and such-no one has given one for Steve Trevor. Putting her in the MOS2 movies removes the need for him to exist at all. i can imagine thats one of the reasons there not doing a Wonder Woman movie first.

But the idea of Paradise it turned out in the end was to make a good Steeve Trevor story. To make him a likable and relatable character- a man who finds himself in a very odd situation and how he deals with it. and how it changes him.

It also deals with what i think is the central metaphor for Wonder Woman. shes a character who wants to communicate something great- a message of peace and love-but can never do so. In this story it becomes literal.

This is not a perfect approach either. I have toyed at times with maybe making this a fan film or something-but well its a story that i am not sure ever passes the Bechnial tests. I have worked a lot on it over the last 9 months and its one i am not sure is reallly perfect-but it is, and i wanted to put it out to the world.

And curious how people respond.

Castor

More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds