Amount

Will Wonder Woman be part Kryptonian?

08 Jan 2014 22:41 #35026 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Will Wonder Woman be part Kryptonian?
My question would be, who are the "friends on the production crew" and how well-connected are they to the director and writers? Are they principals in charge of scripting, casting or directing, or are they building sets or doing any of the hundreds of other jobs on a movie crew.

I'm assuming here that movie crews are somewhat like other businesses and employers: a few people are working the strategy and inner details, and lots of other people are seeing bits and pieces but don't know the true story. Which means they only have their guesses and the many rumors that float around any company. Like the classic story of the blind man groping an elephant as he tries to figure out what it is -- it makes a big difference whether you grab the trunk, tail or leg.

My suspicion is that a more complete statement would be that the script is still a work-in-progress, and likely that applies to all the characters. But the concept proposals and casting decisions are made by a small group of people who actually have a pretty good idea what they want to do.

My point of reference is Peter Jackson's movies, where only three or four people really knew how the story was going to unfold, and they were still revising things through post production. Also, its likely that they will shoot more scenes with Ms. Gadot than will make the movie. Nobody is going to know for sure how much time WW will have on the screen until the movie is nearly completed with post production.

And then there will be the extended version, with additional scenes that didn't make the theatrical release.

Don't put a bullet in your head yet... WW's role could be amazing.

As was the case with that ill-fated WW TV pilot, we'll see things like her costume and some clips and reports from the filming of action scenes (given they are often filmed outdoors) long before the movie wraps.

Until then, everything is speculation, but that's entertaining all on its own. I really liked the "Amazons are Kryptonians" speculation, which led to many people envisioning all kinds of cool things we could do with that. So what if its likely all BS. I enjoyed trying to invent some story lines that went along with the concept. I might even write one down.

Shadar

jdrock24 wrote:

lfan wrote: FWIW, I spoke to someone I know who has friends on the production crew of MOS2 and supposedly its PURE speculation, as the part for WW hasn't even been written yet.

ElF

That is a bit disturbing. Why cast for a role if it hasn't even been written into the script yet? How would you know what type of actress you would want since you don't know what they are going to be doing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
09 Jan 2014 02:38 #35027 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Will Wonder Woman be part Kryptonian?
According to Amy Adams the script is done:
www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=92607

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds