Amount

Obscure superheroine movies

17 Dec 2016 22:30 #51780 by SCOTT R
Replied by SCOTT R on topic Obscure superheroine movies
And believe it or not, yet even more superchicks in outerspace!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2018 13:03 #60939 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Had a great time revisiting this thread!
Some of the links are broken but that is to be expected.

Let's see if we can start it going again.

I give you Safety Woman.
Crossing Guard/ Superheroine.
She helps children cross the street and navigate the Death Machine known as daily life.

www.bionicdisco.com/2013/09/03/school-mo...r-out-of-doors-1978/

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: MisterK, SCOTT R, five_red, aguilauno

More
05 Sep 2018 11:19 #60958 by SCOTT R
Outstanding find Markiehoe!

As an aside, for fans of Invasion Of The Star Creatures, the entire uncut movie can be purchased from Amazon for download and it's in great quality too!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
07 Sep 2018 11:30 #61001 by Markiehoe
How about the Batlady from Artists and Models 1955

Shirley Mclane just might be the very first Superheroine in costume portrayed on film

This message has attachments images.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, five_red, Agent00Soul, Monty

More
07 Sep 2018 11:34 #61002 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Oh god, I remember catching a few glimpses of that movie on TV... like three lifetimes ago.

More
17 Sep 2018 13:01 - 17 Sep 2018 13:02 #61180 by Markiehoe
Big Boob Squad: Sexy Rangers
Imagine the Power rangers but they are all the Pink Ranger
www.imdb.com/title/tt2870404/

The Squad get their power from PAI energy stored in their boobs.
They are totally self aware of this.

This is a sexy PG 13 movie and guess what...the gals actually win.

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: 17 Sep 2018 13:02 by Markiehoe. Reason: editting
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, Agent00Soul, TwiceOnThursdays

More
17 Sep 2018 14:32 #61181 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Obscure superheroine movies

Markiehoe wrote: Big Boob Squad: Sexy Rangers
Imagine the Power rangers but they are all the Pink Ranger

In the recent Shattered Grid arc of the Power Rangers comics we got a few fighting scenes featuring all-girls teams from various eras of the franchise.

More
19 Sep 2018 14:36 #61281 by MisterK
Replied by MisterK on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Wait. Was she ever my crossing guard? No.? (It DOES remind  me of the kind of film we used to watch in school circa 1978.)

More
19 Sep 2018 15:30 - 19 Sep 2018 15:41 #61285 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic Obscure superheroine movies

Markiehoe wrote: Had a great time revisiting this thread!
Some of the links are broken but that is to be expected.

What's funny is that, looking back over my earliest entries from a few years ago, many of the 'obscure' tv shows I listed then, I now have complete runs of...

好き! すき!! 魔女先生 (aka We Love You! We Love You!! Witch Teacher)
魔法少女ちゅうかなぱいぱい! (aka Magical Chinese Girl Pai Pai!)
魔法少女ちゅうかないぱねま! (aka Magical Chinese Girl Ipanema!)
美少女仮面ポワトリン (aka The Masked Belle Poitrine / La Belle Fille Masquée Poitrine)
不思議少女ナイルなトトメス  (aka Mysterious Nile Girl Thutmose)
うたう!大龍宮城 (aka Sing! Great Ryugujo)
有言実行三姉妹シュシュトリアン (aka Yugen Jikkou Sisters Shushutorian)
美少女戦麗舞(セレブ)パンシャーヌ~奥様はスーパーヒロイン! (aka Socialite Belle Panchanne: The Wife Is a Superheroine!)

R5
Last edit: 19 Sep 2018 15:41 by five_red.
The following user(s) said Thank You: algae2k, Markiehoe

• five_red
  • five_red's Avatar Topic Author
More
06 Dec 2018 14:51 #62238 by five_red
Here's my hit list of shows and movies that are (for now) frustratingly out of reach. Most of them are from the Philippines., Feel free to share your own:
  • Darna (2005) -- the Angel Locsin tv version of the popular Filipino superheroine has only been available in fragmented form outside of its country of origin. Available episodes are largely thanks to the efforts of one superheroine fan, Fonzie (aka mercblue22), who arranged for a handful of the episodes to be shipped over to the US. Sadly the optical discs his episodes were on warped, so many are now distorted. It is known that some Filipino fans have complete runs of the series (all 170 episodes) on old VHS cassettes, a format that deteriorates over time, but given the state of television technology in the region it is unlikely that they'll be digitised any time soon. Our best hope is that the GMA network is able (rights, etc.) and willing to upload the series to its new YouTube box-set service, perhaps when the new Darna movie is released.
  • Wander Woman Si Ako -- Maria Teresa Carlson plays a spoof version of Wonder Woman (complete with costume), in a 1980 movie that was almost certainly inspired by the Lynda Carter series.
  • Komiks Presents: Varga -- this 13 episode series, made in 2008, starred Mariel Rodriguez as a princess from a doomed planet, whose spirit lands on Earth and merges with an Earth girl to become a superheroine. Although her origin resembles the Binder and PAD Supergirls rolled into one, Varga was actually created by the same man behind Darna (Mars Ravelo) in 1947.
  • Babaing Kidlat -- 1975 Filipino superheroine movie, translates as "Lighting Girl".
  • Fantastika vs Wonderwoman -- rare pinoy superheroine 1976 movie.
  • Otasuke Girl -- Japanese 2003 series, 6 episodes in total, about three college girls who investigate crime, one of whom (of course!) is secretly a superheroine, who appears whenever they get into trouble.
  • Super Klenk -- 1999 Filipino comedy tv show, 13 episodes in total. about a mild mannered school teacher who is also a superheroine. Famously there's so little information about this show online that it has become the stuff of legend.
What about you? Which movies or tv shows are you most annoyed at not having in your collection?

R5
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, SCOTT R, Markiehoe, kikass2014

• five_red
More
06 Dec 2018 16:08 #62241 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Obscure superheroine movies

five_red wrote:

• Super Klenk -- 1999 Filipino comedy tv show, 13 episodes in total. about a mild mannered school teacher who is also a superheroine. Famously there's so little information about this show online that it has become the stuff of legend.
R5

Super Klenk is truly the "white whale" of the genre.....a shame, especially seeing that Ara Mina was the star! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: five_red

More
29 Mar 2019 00:15 - 29 Mar 2019 00:16 #63458 by SCOTT R
PMS COP

This one isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea. Nope.
After becoming super-powerful, PMS COP deals with people who displease her in ways that the ACLU would never approve of.

I think she's just dreamy!

Last edit: 29 Mar 2019 00:16 by SCOTT R.
The following user(s) said Thank You: conceptfan, Dru1076, Random321, Markiehoe

More
29 Mar 2019 04:00 #63459 by SCOTT R
I GOT THANKED BY CONCEPTFAN!!!!! I GOT THANKED BY CONCEPTFAN!!!!

More
29 Mar 2019 05:15 #63461 by SCOTT R
Another wild and crazy movie from the Philippines with some stunning SuperChicks! 

Nice!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076, mprince, Markiehoe, kikass2014

More
29 Mar 2019 09:02 #63464 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Obscure superheroine movies
:-p
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

More
29 Mar 2019 11:36 #63465 by five_red

SCOTT R wrote: PMS COP

This one isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea. Nope.
After becoming super-powerful, PMS COP deals with people who displease her in ways that the ACLU would never approve of.

I think she's just dreamy!

On a similar note British comic Karen Taylor had a recurring superhero spoof character on her sketch show: Penelope Chambers, secretly PMS Girl.

R5
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36, SCOTT R, Markiehoe

• five_red
More
29 Mar 2019 18:57 - 29 Mar 2019 18:59 #63481 by SCOTT R
SUPER INDAY AND THE GOLDEN BIBE

Not much here but she does fly a little bit. 

Last edit: 29 Mar 2019 18:59 by SCOTT R.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe, gotham_knight

More
05 Apr 2019 17:21 - 05 Apr 2019 17:22 #63629 by MonkeyBoy
Replied by MonkeyBoy on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Re: PMS Cop

Looks interesting. Does she have super strength?
Last edit: 05 Apr 2019 17:22 by MonkeyBoy.

More
06 Apr 2019 00:55 #63632 by SCOTT R
Yes

More
29 May 2019 01:19 #64145 by SCOTT R
ALPHA OMEGA GIRL

Another SuperChick treasure from the Philippines! 

Very, very nice!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: aguilauno, gotham_knight, veggicidal

More
27 Dec 2019 17:17 - 27 Dec 2019 18:11 #66092 by five_red
(TL;DR: there's some video clip links at the end that hopefully will be worth a few thank yous...)

Time to give an annual update on the hunt for obscure superheroine shows and movies. :)

My friends, on the whole it has been a positive year, and the immediate future looks bright. In the last 18 months many superheroine shows previously thought unobtainable have started to surface thanks to content owners in places such as Indonesia and The Philippines starting to put entire runs of old series online. We can but hope that this continues -- who knows, one day we may be able to glimpse a few moments of that most mythical of beasts, Super Klenk (a show I know some of you have suggested is mere fable and folklore.)

In Japan, TOEI has continued putting up episodes of its 'comedy heroines' superheroine shows onto YouTube. Currently it has episodes of うたう!大龍宮城 (Utau! Dai Ryugujo) up, which admittedly is the weakest of the 'comedy heroines' shows from a superhero perspective, but worth seeing merely for completeness. Next year expect 有言実行三姉妹シュシュトリアン (Yugen Jikkou Sisters Chouchoutrian) to become available. (You'll need a VPN or proxy located in Japan to see them.)

Sadly I found out too late that the entire run of the Filipino show Krystala appears to have been put up onto Jeepney TV's streaming service. It has subsequently been taken down, but hopefully the channel will reshow it, giving us a chance to see more episodes.

In Indonesia Indosiar and MVP have been putting up entire runs of old shows. Indosiar has recently been adding all 150+ episodes of its ultra-low budget early 90s kids superheroine show, Saras 008, to vidio.com. Meanwhile MVP has put up both seasons of Panji Manusia Millenium onto its MVP Hits channel on YouTube. Previously I was unaware that a second season existed, and thought that the show ended abruptly on a cliffhanger. When I began to watch the second season I discovered all my hopes had come true: the mysterious superheroine sidekick Putri Rubi is a regular character and appears in almost every episode (she joined in episode 60 of season one, if you want to track down her appearances, although she spends the first few episodes in her glamorous secret identity only.)

Putri Rubi is basically a bit like Batman, except in red and with high heels, Sometimes the show uses her for laughs, sometimes (later in the run) she gets involved in the fighting and demonstrates a wider range of abilities. By the end of S2 she's reasonably formidable. Here's a few clips:

(1)  Abducted  (1x77)
(2)  Street fight  (2x07)
(3)  Vs. a super villain  (2x10)

Looking to the future, we can only hope that the trend of non-English broadcasters putting up old shows online continues. The Philippines particularly has several superheroine soap operas that ran for dozens or hundreds of episodes (Darna 2005, Darns 2009, Varga, Krystala, etc...) Often all we have of them is poor VHS quality clips or odd episodes, so the prospect of seeing them in reasonable quality is welcomed.

Keep a look out..!!! If you see a show get put up online, post a message on this thread. Even if a show is restricted inside a particular streaming service, or locked to only a particular country domain, there are sometimes ways of getting access so that clips can be enjoyed by a wider audience.

EDIT: Putri Rubi apparently translates as Ruby Princess. So now we know. :)

R5
Last edit: 27 Dec 2019 18:11 by five_red.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Helstar, SCOTT R, kikass2014, q7w9a4s6z13, RD

• five_red
More
27 Dec 2019 18:08 - 27 Dec 2019 19:05 #66093 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Damn ! I need Krystala again, one of my HDs (a 3TB seagate aka SHITgate... don't buy this brand) broke and I lost a lot of stuff including that serie (which I had most episodes, in reasonable quality)

Need to check the others as well. Saras 008 i already knew, super-campy but i like it :D
Last edit: 27 Dec 2019 19:05 by Helstar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: five_red, Brad2

More
27 Dec 2019 18:39 - 27 Dec 2019 18:43 #66095 by five_red

Helstar wrote: Damn ! I need Krystala again, my HD (3tb seagate aka shitgate... don't buy this crappy brand) broke and i lost a lot of stuff including that one (i had most episodes, in reasonable quality)  ;_;

Need to check the others as well. Saras 008 i knew that one, really super-campy but i like it :D

I think one of the problems here is that collectors don't inform each other of what they've got. These shows are copyrighted materials, so I don't recommend dumping stuff up publicly. At the same time, they are often damn near impossible to get through legitimate means, even in their countries of origin. As such I've occasionally traded material via private file upload sites (like Mega) with specific individuals to help other enthusiasts fill in their collections, and (in return) to help fill in gaps in my own. I trade intelligence on shows too, so fellow collectors become aware of what's out there. But this only works if collectors know who has what, and who is is looking for what. (A nice bonus is if your hard disk goes kapput, you know other people who can send you back your own files. But: always back up your hard disks -- the price of good quality 2Tb USB drive these days is trivial.)

R5
Last edit: 27 Dec 2019 18:43 by five_red.

• five_red
More
27 Dec 2019 18:48 #66096 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Obscure superheroine movies

Helstar wrote: Damn ! I need Krystala again, one of my HDs (a 3TB seagate aka SHITgate... don't buy this brand) broke and I lost a lot of stuff including that serie (which I had most episodes, in reasonable quality)  ;_;

Need to check the others as well. Saras 008 i already knew, super-campy but i like it :D

I spent a lot of years working in the rotating media (aka hard disk drive) business, and today, I don't own a single one of them. And never will again.

On any given month for any given product, every disk drive company turns out shit, and the high-capacity, low cost stuff sold to consumers are the absolute bottom of the barrel. OEM's get the best stuff.

SSD might be more expensive, but with high likelihood, you'll always get your data back. With rotating media, it's a given that they will ALL fail, Just a matter of time. 

BTW... they follow the bathtub curve for reliability. High failure rate when they are new (under a year) and high failure rate when they are old (varies on usage, but usually after 3 or 4 years).  Not as bad in the middle (floor of the bathtub).

But why would anyone put something you really want on a device that will likely loose it? Archiving data for long-term storage on rotating media is the nuttiest thing of all. You have to keep multiple copies on different drives, preferably three different physical units. That's crazy when you think about it. 

An interesting thought... in the distant future, when archeologists want to study the past and discover how we lived and what we thought, they are going to find that our entire culture has erased itself. No ancient scrolls or stone tablets. Only our impossible-to-decompose plastic garbage will remain. I wonder what they will conclude about us?

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
28 Dec 2019 00:33 - 28 Dec 2019 01:26 #66105 by Brad2
Replied by Brad2 on topic Obscure superheroine movies
I'm actually looking for the Krystala series, too.  I don't want every single episode (not right away, anyway), but I'd like to see a couple of full episodes to see what its like.  Same goes for that Super Juffie movie.

On Krystala, does anyone have any thoughts on this site?

watchfullmovie.xyz/tv/4578

They're claiming to have Krystala episodes, but I don't trust them wanting a credit card (I get that they don't trust me, but they seem to be saying I should trust them with that info) or that they list it as having 0 episodes.

So is this a viable site or a dead end?  Any thoughts?
Last edit: 28 Dec 2019 01:26 by five_red. Reason: Make link safe

More
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds