Amount

Brie Larson as Captain Marvel?

09 Jun 2016 19:35 #48407 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Brie Larson as Captain Marvel?
I must say that Carol Danvers timeline never made sense, it's not quite Batman/Bat-family messed up, but it's pretty convoluted. And she doesn't look as old as she must be.

One can only assume that her Kree mixing did something to her aging, and then when the brood monkeyed with her (so she became Binary) it probably reset her age. Nothing says the same thing can't happen when she gets powers in the MCU. Age up the actress with makeup, then de-age her when she gets her powers.

Just saying that she really could be played by someone of any age.

I mean she was a fighter pilot, THEN worked at Cape Canavarl in the 70's! She'd be like 65 now. Even the fighter pilot + spy + editor of magazine + ms. marvel time adds up to 40-50. And she doesn't seem to be drawn that old -- though some women that age still look fantastic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2016 19:49 #48408 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Brie Larson as Captain Marvel?

kikass2014 wrote: ^ I totally agree with you, it should be someone a little older/mature.

However, they appear to not have done so. I guess we will have to see how it works out....

No one has been cast yet. Most likely, if the timeline Feige stated holds true, an announcement will be coming around Comic-Con of after.

Peace.

/K

I'm confused, I thought her casting was finalized? However, admittedly, I'm not as "in the know" as most people. Is this still just a rumor?

More
09 Jun 2016 19:53 #48409 by jdrock24

Markiehoe wrote: By the time this movie comes out this young woman will be older and more mature.

Ha ha! Good point.

More
09 Jun 2016 23:32 #48419 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Brie Larson as Captain Marvel?

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: I must say that Carol Danvers timeline never made sense, it's not quite Batman/Bat-family messed up, but it's pretty convoluted. And she doesn't look as old as she must be.

One can only assume that her Kree mixing did something to her aging, and then when the brood monkeyed with her (so she became Binary) it probably reset her age. Nothing says the same thing can't happen when she gets powers in the MCU. Age up the actress with makeup, then de-age her when she gets her powers.

I mean she was a fighter pilot, THEN worked at Cape Canavarl in the 70's! She'd be like 65 now. Even the fighter pilot + spy + editor of magazine + ms. marvel time adds up to 40-50. And she doesn't seem to be drawn that old -- though some women that age still look fantastic.

Don't they are going to portray her as 65, but comics time isn't real world time. Supergirl has been around since the 50's, and she's still young.

But if we need it, they can assume that Kree genetics makes her very slow aging. That's assuming MCU even goes with the Kree origin. That's my favorite but it might be out of favor or whatever. The Kree thing made her have these 6th sense premonitions of danger that were more or less disabling in their effects. Kind of a seizure mixed with an orgasm along with weird visions. Bad news if she was in the middle of something important.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
10 Jun 2016 00:39 - 10 Jun 2016 00:40 #48422 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Brie Larson as Captain Marvel?

I'm confused, I thought her casting was finalized? However, admittedly, I'm not as "in the know" as most people. Is this still just a rumor?

It is still rumor. The latest is that she has "had talks" with Marvel. Though Marvel has yet to comment on any of the potential casting choices for this role. The nearest indication that we got of who may play the part, came when it was mentioned recently (can't remember by who from Marvel), that the actress and director share the same first name. Quickly after, Emily Carmicheal was said to be, again :P , "in talks" to direct Capt. Marvel. This, among a few other things, seemed to be the biggest indication that Emily Blunt will be Captain Marvel.

Having said that, all this is still rumor and "talks". Nothing concrete.

All will be revealed some point in the tail end of summer, according to Feige.

Hope that helps :)

Peace.

/K
Last edit: 10 Jun 2016 00:40 by kikass2014.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jdrock24

More
10 Jun 2016 06:32 #48434 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Brie Larson as Captain Marvel?

shadar wrote:

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: I must say that Carol Danvers timeline never made sense, it's not quite Batman/Bat-family messed up, but it's pretty convoluted. And she doesn't look as old as she must be.

Don't they are going to portray her as 65, but comics time isn't real world time. Supergirl has been around since the 50's, and she's still young.

But if we need it, they can assume that Kree genetics makes her very slow aging. That's assuming MCU even goes with the Kree origin. That's my favorite but it might be out of favor or whatever. The Kree thing made her have these 6th sense premonitions of danger that were more or less disabling in their effects. Kind of a seizure mixed with an orgasm along with weird visions. Bad news if she was in the middle of something important.

Supergirl did spend part of that time dead you know. ;-) Coming back from the dead does wonders for your age. ( I do think that Supergirl was one of the first major comic book characters to actually age. Comic strip characters did, but few actual comic book characters did before Supergirl and maybe Robin.)

I only mentioned the '70's as the stuff she was involved with was space stuff that is from the 70's NASA (it sets it in time, i.e. post moon landing, pre-shuttle), and that's the reason it's problematic.

Of course I could remember some of that wrong (I don't actually have those Captain Marvels! They're on the list though.)

More
24 Jul 2016 04:39 - 24 Jul 2016 04:40 #49260 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Brie Larson as Captain Marvel?
The casting of Brie Larson has been confirmed at ComicCon

nerdist.com/brie-larson-cast-as-captain-marvel/
Last edit: 24 Jul 2016 04:40 by www1969.

• www1969
  • www1969's Avatar Topic Author
More
24 Jul 2016 05:01 #49261 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Brie Larson as Captain Marvel?

www1969 wrote: The casting of Brie Larson has been confirmed at ComicCon

nerdist.com/brie-larson-cast-as-captain-marvel/

Great actress but wrong look compared to how Carol has always been drawn.

But... there's always hope with a good actress -- assuming a good script and good direction.
It'll be interesting to see what slant they take to the Carol Danvers story. As we see every year, the path from comic book to movie and take strange paths.

John

• shadar
More
24 Jul 2016 06:53 - 24 Jul 2016 06:53 #49263 by jdrock24
That article says she may make her debut as Captain Marvel in Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 in 2018. I'm eager to see what they do with her.
Last edit: 24 Jul 2016 06:53 by jdrock24.

More
24 Jul 2016 15:06 #49266 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Brie Larson as Captain Marvel?
Looks like my gut was wrong on this one :P

While I, personally, still "feel" Blunt would have been the "perfect" choice, I have no problems, at all, with Brie Larson as Capt. Marvel.

She looks great (though different to how the character is depicted in the comic) and her acting credentials so far are exemplary ( Academy Award, BAFTA Award, Critic's Choice Award, Golden Globe Award and Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Actress). And while the hasn't been a single word or frame put to celluloid, simply going off of her resume, I am sure she will kill it as Capt. Marvel :D

Here's hoping the writing and directing are in the same league as the main star's acting :D

Look forward to seeing more :)

Peace.

/K

More
07 Aug 2016 19:17 #49487 by talk2sparky

More
07 Aug 2016 19:51 #49488 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Brie Larson as Captain Marvel?

talk2sparky wrote: www.ew.com/article/2016/08/06/brie-larson-captain-marvel-photo

Is it wrong that i kinda hope her costume is just wearing a perhaps slightly to big sweater that is badly masproduced version of her traditional costume?

and that her character is she kinda lazes around reading comics?

Edit: okay maybe some pants as well.

More
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds