Amount

WW - final Trailer

22 May 2017 21:37 - 22 May 2017 21:38 #54233 by Franky
Replied by Franky on topic WW - final Trailer

cbaby wrote: Not to nitpick but that doesn't look very WW1 like tank-wise. Nice pic tho.

Actually, it is a Russian T-28, which was was produced in 1933 (weight: 30 tons). Very nice poster anyway.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 22 May 2017 21:38 by Franky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2017 21:40 #54234 by andyf
Replied by andyf on topic WW - final Trailer

cbaby wrote: Not to nitpick but that doesn't look very WW1 like tank-wise. Nice pic tho.

That's a Soviet T-28 tank. First put into service in 1932.

More
22 May 2017 23:57 #54236 by aguilauno
Replied by aguilauno on topic WW - final Trailer
I think is a Russian tank T-28 Model 1936

More
23 May 2017 00:17 #54240 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic WW - final Trailer
Well, apprently I wasn't the only one that focused his attention on the tank. Although there was one proposed German tank, the Sturmpanzerwagen Oberschlesien that looked somewhat similar to some WW2 models, it never made past the blueprint stage.

I notced a certain trend in WW1 movie to add elements that are proper of WW2 (e.g. anti-aircraft flak shells), possibly because they're perceived as more familiar to the audience and easier to idenitify. If we are talking tank very few WW1 designs are know in pop culture, except the British MArk 1 to 3 and I guess that A7V and the K-Wagen are neither iconic nor visually threatening enough.

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
23 May 2017 00:24 #54242 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic WW - final Trailer
Well now that we opened up this tincan.

How close is Paradise Island to the mainland of the U.S.?
(assuming that is where it is)

It looks like Steve crashes a single engine plane in the trailer.
W.W. I single engine planes had a very short range

Just throwing it out there.

More
24 May 2017 01:10 - 24 May 2017 04:42 #54266 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic WW - final Trailer
Here's a Youtube video (in HD 4K resolution no less) of what appear to be 7 minutes of extended footage of what we saw on the trailers.

If you saw all the trailers, I don't think this gives away anything more. But it does show many very interesting interactions and dialog between characters leading into and out of the trailer cut.

By the way, I suspect this is made from the original cuts that the trailers were further cut from. It's got nearly 2 million views and over 1800 comments which are overwhelmingly positive based on this extended trailer.

(EDIT: After viewing this again, I would say there is enough added material to make this a SPOILER, even for those who have studied the released trailers. Not new scenes, but longer ones.)

And here's a B-roll / bloopers video with very brief, previously unseen clips that may or may not be in the movie. Some are very cute and all are interesting. But once again, SPOILER alert for those who believe in abstinence.

Last edit: 24 May 2017 04:42 by shadar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Raa, Ravens_ghost

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
24 May 2017 14:09 #54273 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic WW - final Trailer
Finally some interesting feat of strength !? Are you sure it is an official movie poster ?
If that so, that's looking good !

More
24 May 2017 16:24 - 24 May 2017 16:47 #54274 by shadar
There seem to be all kinds of "extended trailer" scenes showing up every day on YT now. Some are quite interesting given we're seeing most of a scene now and not just a snippet as shown in the trailers. I'm not going to post any more links (other than the ones I posted below yesterday) as they are easy to find if you are interested.

I'm assuming these are being "leaked" by the studio given many have been up for days with millions of views and many thousands (combined) of comments -- which seem to be overwhelmingly positive based on my quickly cruising through them.

It's an interesting advertising strategy for those who have been watching all the trailers. Now you get to see most of the scene the trailers were cut from.

I've watched many of them, and they further support the idea (at least in my eyes) that this is going to be a good movie for SWM's membership. Head and shoulders above any other superheroine movie or TV show ever filmed. This is going to be where DC turns the corner and starts to seriously challenge Marvel.

Interestingly, despite my initial concerns, WW seems to be the perfect character for this new thrust. She's not derivative like SG or PG would be, and she's powerful enough to let the special effects people go totally, freaking wild with videogame-grade fights, and then some.

Anyway, I won't spoil anything for those of you who believe in pre-release abstinence. Other than to say the clips, if you are interested, give you more insight into the movie than the shorter trailers.

Shadar
Last edit: 24 May 2017 16:47 by shadar.

• shadar
More
24 May 2017 17:05 #54276 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic WW - final Trailer
I'm really looking forward to this movie. I've not been to anything in theaters in over three years - but this - maybe. (Even Rogue One I watched in 15 minute snippets on - and I camped out overnight for some prior SW movies.)

I was a follower of the 80's WW on TV - but was never engrossed like I was about the Superman or Supergirl characters. I put WW and Batman in the same I'm a "regular fan" bucket.

I hope my high expectations are not unfounded. Looking forward to a fun movie with action, story, and good character chemistry.

More
24 May 2017 17:23 #54279 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic WW - final Trailer
I am on total WW lockdown now.
I will not watch any more video, read articles or comments until i have seen the movie.
When something comes up even vaguely WW related I scroll past as fast as I can.
I just don't wanna know anymore until the movie comes out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jdrock24

More
24 May 2017 17:24 #54280 by shadar

Random321 wrote: I'm really looking forward to this movie. I've not been to anything in theaters in over three years - but this - maybe. (Even Rogue One I watched in 15 minute snippets on - and I camped out overnight for some prior SW movies.)

I was a follower of the 80's WW on TV - but was never engrossed like I was about the Superman or Supergirl characters. I put WW and Batman in the same I'm a "regular fan" bucket.

I hope my high expectations are not unfounded. Looking forward to a fun movie with action, story, and good character chemistry.

I had a very similar take on WW and Bats. Not a big fan. The TV show was more silly than fun for me.

But I think that's all going to change for WW with this movie. I believe they are setting her power level about halfway between Xena and Superman, which is a pretty wide space. Not Kryptonian-grade, but WAY above anyone merely human.

As far as that poster of her holding a tank over her head... there is no suggestion of that scene in the extended trailers. Perhaps that's a fake poster (my initial theory) or else it's taken from a scene that Warner is carefully keeping under wraps until the release. Something to hope for, in any case.

• shadar
More
24 May 2017 17:30 #54281 by eJm
Replied by eJm on topic WW - final Trailer
TO those talking about the poster I put up earlier, Gal Gadot was the first to tweet it so I'd say it's real unless something is said otherwise.

More
24 May 2017 20:06 - 25 May 2017 02:44 #54288 by aguilauno
Replied by aguilauno on topic WW - final Trailer
From Trailer 1

Last edit: 25 May 2017 02:44 by aguilauno.

More
25 May 2017 02:05 #54291 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic WW - final Trailer
I am with you. The next time I see WW on screen it will be with my wife at the movies. Looking forward to that.

More
26 May 2017 07:15 #54302 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic WW - final Trailer
Gal Gadot on ABC Good Morning America

The cast of 'Wonder Woman' takes over 'GMA'

Conan Works Out With Wonder Woman Gal Gadot - CONAN on TBS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, aguilauno

More
26 May 2017 18:26 #54307 by fats
Replied by fats on topic WW - final Trailer

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 May 2017 19:25 #54308 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic WW - final Trailer

fats wrote: comments?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40058986

Fats

What kind of special snowflake some men are that they get upset over this? I mean sheesh. Grow up.

It's not like it's a something they do all the time, or there aren't plenty of other showings to go to (even at that theater).

There are a sizable # of men that are just complete assholes to women, from just being a creep to being acutally evil, that I can see having a showing where that's not a problem.

And I know I'm right, because a bunch of assholes climbed out of the woodwork to start complaining about a women-only showing for a movie they probably weren't going to see anyway.

I did love one of the responses to "you haven't ever had a men only showing before!" that was "well we did show the Entourage movie...." (One of the articles had their FB and twitter responses to a bunch of complaints. I'll give the Alamo Drafthouse something, they really don't take shit off anyone.)

More
27 May 2017 03:48 #54312 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic WW - final Trailer

fats wrote: comments?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40058986

Fats

I think it is great! The potential is there for a Wonder Woman Day annually on the 1st or 2nd of June to celebrate her icon on a 'girls only' day.

More
27 May 2017 15:05 #54316 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic WW - final Trailer
I think it's an excellent idea, and doubly so because its &#@*%ing TEXAS.

Criminy. If we can figure out women might enjoy some privacy at a gym, we can maybe, possibly imagine they'd like to watch the movie in the absence of 100 men who are there chiefly to mentally strip the protagonist naked in their minds before imaging 30 different kinds of sex acts while the plot is rolling by marginally being absorbed. Because make no mistake, much of the audience is there to see hot and scantily clad, not any aspect of female powerfulness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aguilauno

More
27 May 2017 18:48 #54318 by shadar
It should be no great surprise that men behave differently when there are no women around, and women behave differently when there are no men. This is something that's been known and understood for, I don't know, 100,000 years. Since day one of Homo Sapiens history.

The current thinking that gender doesn't matter and all audiences should be mixed is a historical aberration. But that said, it's a very good thing if the goal is to use all the talents available in society and to give everyone an equal shot of opportunity. It's just not a behavior pattern with deep roots or a biological legacy.

But we humans are smart enough to re-invent ourselves. And I can see why people who are heavily invested in total gender equality would take offense to what appears to be a throwback to earlier behavior, except for the big twist of it being women who get together and kick out the men.

Men have had their clubs and gatherings and whatevers that exclude women forever.

Texas is bold and audacious and not at all like California, so it's not surprising that something like this would happen there. Political correctness is viewed as a negative in Texas, unlike the entire west coast, where it's the rule and only the knuckledraggers violate the rules.

I'm old enough to appreciate political correctness and its benefits, but also to grin when someone defies it. I grew up in an era when black people had their own entrances, water fountains, eating areas, a limited set of job opportunities, etc., and when a woman's job was to find a husband who could support her and have children and keep house. Period.

I LOVE the progress that's occurred in my lifetime, but sometimes it gets a bit silly, as in this criticism of this women-only showing. Nobody should care.

• shadar
More
27 May 2017 23:30 - 27 May 2017 23:34 #54320 by Monty

AuGoose wrote: I think it's an excellent idea, and doubly so because its &#@*%ing TEXAS.

Criminy. If we can figure out women might enjoy some privacy at a gym, we can maybe, possibly imagine they'd like to watch the movie in the absence of 100 men who are there chiefly to mentally strip the protagonist naked in their minds before imaging 30 different kinds of sex acts while the plot is rolling by marginally being absorbed. Because make no mistake, much of the audience is there to see hot and scantily clad, not any aspect of female powerfulness.

OK Goose, I take your point about fkn texas and their views (apologies to any texan folk on here) But we are all going to the cinema to watch a damn hot actress play a damn hot superheroine in a hell of a wonderful movie. We're not going for the "culture" of the film like say, 'The Piano' we're going there to be goddamned entertained!
Last edit: 27 May 2017 23:34 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa

More
28 May 2017 13:05 #54326 by fats
Replied by fats on topic WW - final Trailer

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 May 2017 13:29 #54327 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic WW - final Trailer
I keep thinking that Lynda Carter must have struck a deal with the devil to still looks this great, plus she has class in spades.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Monty

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 May 2017 23:18 #54336 by rebel4life
Replied by rebel4life on topic WW - final Trailer
Gee, I just hope they admit some of the 3,998 other genders so far identified by Gender "Science" as well ... .

• rebel4life
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 May 2017 06:02 - 29 May 2017 06:10 #54341 by Monty

Woodclaw wrote: I keep thinking that Lynda Carter must have struck a deal with the devil to still looks this great, plus she has class in spades.

I think it's the fact that Lynda's mother is Mexican and her father is of Scots-Irish descent that blessed her with remarkable genes. Hell Yeah she will always be beautiful!

ETA ...and passed her wonder genes onto her daughter Jessica who is also beautiful.
Last edit: 29 May 2017 06:10 by Monty.

More
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds