Amount

Justice League

29 Nov 2017 01:28 #57346 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Justice League
You can make your own judgement on whether another version exists

wegotthiscovered.com/movies/full-list-za...gue-scenes-revealed/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2017 01:37 #57347 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Justice League
And this is what I was saying earlier:

screenrant.com/justice-league-zack-snyder-cut-cost-millions/

Peace.

/K

More
29 Nov 2017 03:18 #57350 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Justice League

Markiehoe wrote: You can make your own judgement on whether another version exists

wegotthiscovered.com/movies/full-list-za...gue-scenes-revealed/

What I find interesting about this list, is that I seem to have the opposite reaction from many reading it. Many go "wow, the SYnder version would have been better, I can't believe I'm saying that..." I don't, it was cut for good reason, and I suspect the final Synder movie would have lacked many things that I thought gave it character.

The only exception is that I think it gives Steppenwolf more defined reasons to do what he's doing, it's not just "destroy Earth for Darkseid", I suspect that part might have been cut due to re-render time, or just difficulty in putting it into the new flow of the movie. Making a better bad guy makes the movie better. ( I do not think adding Darkseid helps the movie other than OOOOOO! Darkseid!!! If you wanted that, USE DARKSEID and not a poor proxy.)

The rest do not add to the movie, and in some cases (Iris West) work against what they were trying to do with Flash. We didn't need the rest of it, and it doesn't make the movie better.

I should have been obvious that the Lex/Deathstroke stuff HAD to be post-credit ... and thus had to be one SHORT scene. Not a breakout, etc.

This list is a sign of how much money was wasted making the movie.

The Whedoneque reshoots are likely the reason that I think the movie works at all, and what gave them the ability to cut all that unneeded stuff. Yes, it would have LOOKED COOL, but it wouldn't have made the movie any better. Not that whedon is infalliable (far from it).

OTH, I think the Deathstroke stuff being cut might be his fault. He fought marvel on Age of Ultron, and the stuff they made him shoe-horn in is widely regarded as the worst parts of the movie. It seems like DC/WB listened to him and took heed of the lesson. This list gives me hope that DC/WB is learning.

I hope that's the takeaway DC/WB gets. Invest in writing and storyboarding UP FRONT and get a solid skeleton before committing so many resources.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, Starforge

• TwiceOnThursdays
  • TwiceOnThursdays's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
30 Nov 2017 12:49 #57390 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Justice League
I finally watched Justice League last night and it was ... okay in many ways, but it didn't work in others. While I think it's way better than I expected, given the previous attempt at a DC team movie (I don't think I'll ever be able to forget them for Suicide Squad), but it still didn't really hit the mark for me.
Most of the movie works, although with a lot of bumps along the road. I like the fact that they removed most of the de-saturation filter and I really enjoyed Superman finally having the chance of being closer to the way I imagine the character. The rest of the cast was a bit hit or miss based on the scene, but the overall alchemy was there.

The biggest problem I got with the movie is that it falls into one of the biggest pitfalls of team-building movies: too much to do. In my opinion a team movie has to operate on three levels: establishing characters, assembling the team and telling the story. Justice League needed to introduce three brand new characters -- one seminal to the plot (Cyborg) -- while taking these six loners and making them into a credible team, all the while telling a massive story about the end of the world. Overall they did a semi-decent job, if one is willing to overlook some really big plot-convenient moments (Aquaman arriving at Gotham Harbor), but I'm not sold on the Leaguers the same way I was with the Avengers.

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
30 Nov 2017 17:18 - 30 Nov 2017 17:19 #57403 by slim36
Last edit: 30 Nov 2017 17:19 by slim36.

More
30 Nov 2017 17:22 #57404 by Starforge
Replied by Starforge on topic Justice League
Interesting article:

www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/jus...omanaged-zack-snyder

If true, it seems far more blame lies at the feet of WB than either director.

One has to wonder what WB management was thinking and I hope they learn from it.

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds