Amount

Who would you want to play SG in the new movie?

06 Sep 2018 02:18 #60992 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Who would you want to play SG in the new movie?

Markiehoe wrote: Didn't Wheadon back out of the Batgirl movie because he literally said he didn't know what to do with her?

A few things were going on.Whedon said that he had ideas for the movie when he took the job.Later he got into some #metoo hot water (cheated on wife, she says he mistreated her, etc).  nothing major, but when you are peceived as much a feminist as Joss is, just of bit of that is bad.A bit after that, Joss said "“Batgirl is such an exciting project, and Warners/DC such collaborative and supportive partners, that it took me months to realize I really didn’t have a story.”https://variety.com/2018/film/news/joss-whedon-batgirl-movie-exits-1202708059/
The statment reads as one of those nice polite things that are said to cover up the real story.So I've always wondered what went on.  Did something happen between him and DC?  Did he decide (w/ DC) that Batgirl didn't need to be made under a cloud so walked away so the project could suceed/fail on it's own merits?   Or is it just the truth that Whedon couldn't figure out what to do with Batgirl?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds